CDO Forums

Full Version: Golden Hat #16
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ending New Years eve? Now that could give some interesting pictures Big Grin Would have preferred a deadline mid January. Many of you might see Christmas as a hobby holiday, but family father's don't Wink Will not have much time for this, so will probably not make this one, sorry. But glad to see GH back on i's feet, of course.

But should I - unexpectedly find time - I then do  have a few questions (as a non-book-holder):

Will this demon-bound creature be armed with any weapons? And in that case, what are their options?

Does it has a flying option?

Can it just be a metal framework? Will it be mechanical or could it be more organic? aka can it be a proxy. Like a lot of the suggestions here: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...p?tid=9377 - and not all are based on a metal framework Big Grin
Im going to miss this one out. I dont find it fun building scratch built models.
The K'daai destroyer is on the same page, so the 4 legged bull artwork could be for that.

I'm almost certainly not going to be in this, what with me being out of the country for nearly a month from saturday.  Shame really as I've been looking forwards to an ogre type creature one for years.

On the plus side I'm sure I'll be inspired by you guys to come up with something early next year.
As I'm pretty certain I won't be entering I thought I'd share my idea.  Perhaps it will inspire someone else.

Basically using the Tyranid warriors with the arms ending in hands as the only arms.  Doing something with the heads and using the large claws as horns.

Slap some armour bits on here and there and with a suitably dark paint scheme they'd look quite good imo.  Also very cheap on ebay it seems...
I wonder if something as simple as a Minotaur paintjob or mild conversion would work good

clam Wrote:
Ending New Years eve? Now that could give some interesting pictures Big Grin Would have preferred a deadline mid January. Many of you might see Christmas as a hobby holiday, but family father's don't Wink Will not have much time for this, so will probably not make this one, sorry.

That's why you have to get started early!

We'll bear the deadline fate restrictions in mind next time.

This is going to be good. Happy Although I don't have a copy of Tamurkhan (yet) and don't plan on using the Legion of Azgorh rules on my army (yet), this will at the very least be a great unit filler.

Cheers also for giving us more time for this one.. I will have my hands full with getting all XMas gifts for my family in time, will only have 5 days off between XMas and New Year's eve, and will spend Christmas 500km away with my parents, so 6 weeks may eventually turn out not to be too much time really. ^^
Looking forward seeing what you have found, G2

I, myself, gave up long ago, but will be looking forward seeing what kind of creatures you guys can comes up with. Apart from the open category back in GH #10, this is probably the most creative GH, we have had.
I have several ideas for this, but completely lack time and money. ARGH! Still, I will finish my AC entry that (obviously) is delayed.
If your entry happens to be mechanical, you could probably enter it at Beasts of War too:
http://www.beastsofwar.com/board-games/m...mpetition/

Wink
Technically, if the staff agree upon it, any of us can Wink If Xander has said you can enter it in both, that's gospel and more incentive to get it done if you're doing mechanical ones Wink
I don't understand what all the rush is about. We still have almost two weeks to go and with my concept drawing finished I am quite hopeful to be well on schedule. Big Grin
Just had a very basic idea for mine - but don't have the time to implement it :'( It does, however, use a little trick I thought up for bases recently!
That is ordinary basing, so perfectly acceptable. also, I'd recommend ya drop the picture so as not to give away which entry is yours Wink
Borador: I'm aware of that, just didn;t want people guessing by him using the same basing or even him being the only one to base the edges, lol Big Grin
I get my Tamurkhan book on Xmas.  I wonder if I could make and paint an entry from Tuesday to Saturday next week. Hrm!
I experimented with some pieces I had, but couldn't come up with something I liked. So I doubt I will get an entry done in time.
Muahahaha - this is going to be a classic GH entry of mine in that it will most probably be finished the very last minute before the deadline. Big Grin
Seeing as I only bought the base model a couple of hours ago I obviously won't be entering it.  Plus I need to buy a few bits as well, but I thought I'd share my idea; using a Tau Crisis Battlesuit!

More info will have to wait for my blog...

It was a tough call between this and just going down the warmachine route (Cryx), but I fancied a challenge.
You know the rules for this are One to 3 K'daai right...?  Could you not just finish one to enter?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Reference URL's