CDO Forums

Full Version: More trendsetting stuff from AoW!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Felix once again mines the rich seams of his unique and original imagination to produce something never before seen. Bask in his genius, consumers.
An we his paying customers are thankful at least *someone* makes models of any actual use.
Surprised he released this considering GW just released a Nurgle Herald (or a model that could easily be used as a herald).
Time of Madness
I think it's a very well done piece and looks pretty dang cool.

Would be nice to see him use those talents on a race of his own creation too though.
It's always obvious when I'm being sarcastic: if there is any content in my post (words, pictures, etc.), that post is sarcastic.

Thommy H Wrote:
It's always obvious when I'm being sarcastic: if there is any content in my post (words, pictures, etc.), that post is sarcastic.

Indeed. It was totally obvious to me.

I too really like the weapon.
I'm undecided on the rest of the miniature. All Nurgle stuff looks exactly the same to me. I do, however, as always judge the miniature on how it looks not who made it and for what purpose.

Would have preferred a Slaanesh herald though.

To be fair to felix this model is more unique than all the others I've seen.

Plaguebearers are obviously skinny, so whilst this does fall half way between a PB and GUO it's not a direct copy of an existing theme imo.

Incidently, as this has reminded me, expect plastic plaguebearers from GW next summer (as rumoured).
Awesome news on the plastic plaguebearers Grim! I'm with you on the originality - this model doesn't resemble any plaguebearer model GW have released. It's a very nice piece actually and I'l be getting one to add to my daemon army.

Felix is a guy who makes his living from sculpting miniatures. He'll obviously sculpt what he thinks will sell, and he makes very good proxies that people want to buy. If more people made such high quality proxies for GW models, the hobby as a whole would benefit from the competition. Regardless, we have had the 'Avatars of War are sooooo unoriginal' discussion plenty of times and it's worn thin. Let's keep this to a discussion of the quality of the sculpt rather than rehash the same old debate please.
Hey, it's my thread! I think it's obvious I made it precisely so we could have the same old debate...
I like this model quite a bit; I think He would make a great standard bearer for a daemon army...
Is that weapon he's carrying a pizza cutter?
it looks more like a lizardman weapon than anything else. I like it though, it says 'reaper' without being so obvious as to go for a scythe.
The weapon reminded me of this:
great find cornixt, that made my day! Happy
Nicely sculpted, and I like the weapon too. I do think he could be far, far more horrible-looking though.

Bolg Wrote:

zobo1942 Wrote:
Cornixt, when I saw that picture and the line "There's a lot more in the wiki than you think..." I shuddered involuntarily.

Hahhahaahaha. made me laugh (:

Me tooo ahahahha Big Grin

Well, Felix sculpture is cool, well executed but a little boring... but the weapon is really cool! I like it... even as a pizza cutter.

rabotak Wrote:
great find cornixt, that made my day! Happy

My daughter got it as a present at the weekend, so it was instant recognition. Oddly, she also got an old Playmobil ship and that thread got resurrected.

Not too keen on the Herald, it's just a baby Unclean One. There seem to be so many Nurgle models and they all seem so similar.

stephanavich Wrote:
It would be nicer if it was scaled up, and was on a 40mm base, to replace http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalo...rod1170237

The greater daemon is fugly. I won't buy it because I prefer the cheaper GW alternative. Wait, what? GW actually... cheaper?!? What is the world coming to?

Actually, that's a fair point. Sort of.

What I mean is, why doesn't Felix sculpt any particuarly large creatures? Well, larger than minotaurs and the Kroxigor look-a-like?

Casting costs for large figures are generally prohibitively expensive for small companies. They'd be unlikely to shift enough units to make back the investment.

Quote:
Casting costs for large figures are generally prohibitively expensive for small companies. They'd be unlikely to shift enough units to make back the investment.

They generally use multiple moulds, which is extra inconvenience. Why spend 2 moulds on one model that is also difficult to post, when each of those moulds can produce 10 different guys who all sell for a fiver each and appeal to different audiences? Actually, I`ll tell you why - because huge monsters are freaking cool! The same way rank and file troopers are worth doing, even though they aren`t efficient either....this is why I can`t do this for a living...get carried away too easily...

Quote:
I'll admit defeat the day I see a Khorne or Nurgle model that makes me go 'Wohw'

The Khorne Lord on Juggernaut? He is pretty special imo.

Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's