CDO Forums

Full Version: FW: Orc rogue idol
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It is huge though... 1,5 times the size of a giant? It could easily be converted into a kdaai destroyer if you add some lava-effect to the joints between the rocks.

But still, not their best sculpt imo.
Hmm, looks like something you should be able to built yourself...
The actual rocks themselves look well sculpted imo.  The pose and face looks a bit too cuddly.

The concept itself seems just wrong.
It looks ok, It is pretty big.
I agree it looks like something you could make yourself...

That said, I think the model is great!! The cuddlyness just adds to the appeal imo.

I'd love to get it but Drazhoath has to come first. Forgeworld is coming out with some very nice stuff.
The differing heads threw me a bit...
For those suggesting this concept is plucked out of the air: the idea of idols to Gork and/or Mork coming to life due to Waaagh energy is mentioned in the background section of the Warhammer rulebook.
I think its pretty cool. Simple like something you could convert on your own, but still pretty neat.

Herby Wrote:

tjub Wrote:
Hmm, looks like something you should be able to built yourself...

Absolutely right, Tjub!

And to note -

a giant rock golem for Orcs?! WTF?! Unsure

This is so going on my 'to build' list! looks good as a terrain centerpiece on the table and it might be fun to field one once.

I actually like the rules; I thought it was pretty characterful that it would fight whatever was closest.  Kind of like the Skaven doomwheel...
It looks like something you could carve out of polystyrene (or actual rocks) yourself. Not even in the same league as anything else FW have made due to the sheer lack of detail. I like the look of it though.
Heh, I still have my cardboard one from 'Idol of Gork' campaign.

I can't wait to see what FW comes out with next. At first I thought for 400 pts this thing is ridiculous, however with the 'idol animosity' it balances out a lot. You'd want to make sure it cant charge any of your stuff.

Liking it. Would love to get this one day. With the rock head, not the 'wood'??? one in the second pic
Honestly, I think it's the worst thing they've ever released.
By a significant margin.
Its seems that everyone thinks if forge world makes something ... it would be great
if it was under 20.00 dollar maybe  

But if i had to get an idol

mine would be Billy

The only thing that gets me excited about this model is the fac that they've mentioned Monstrous Arcana themselves now - meaning it shouldn't be too far off from being made.

Otherwise, everything about it is.... underwhelming.
The annoying thing I'm thinking about when I see this model...
Is that most armies could have a model/creatures like this, & don't get anything.
E.g:

A Bretonnian Sentinal of the Grail Sites.
A Beastman Idol of the Dark Gods.
A Temple Efigy of Sotek.

I feel that it's a lazy idea for O&G to get this sort of fluff/more units.
Like they don't have enough!

Whereas it would be a bit different & exciting for a different army to have something new.

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea, & the model.
Just not its destination.
Well as its been pointed out, this unit is something that's been mentioned in the O&G fluff so its not coming out of nowhere. Its an easy inclusion for the sake of complete inclusiveness of all armies into Monstrous Archana. There are supposed atleast 30 rumored closer to 60 different units and monsters in that book... I'm not surprised something as straightforward came out before other armies.

That said when you read the rules for the Elemental of Beasts, though more broadly available that's clearly meant to be a Beastman unit and that came out before the Idol.
Mad

aka_mythos Wrote:
Well as its been pointed out, this unit is something that's been mentioned in the O&G fluff so its not coming out of nowhere. Its an easy inclusion for the sake of complete inclusiveness of all armies into Monstrous Archana. There are supposed atleast 30 rumored closer to 60 different units and monsters in that book... I'm not surprised something as straightforward came out before other armies.

That said when you read the rules for the Elemental of Beasts, though more broadly available that's clearly meant to be a Beastman unit and that came out before the Idol.

Yeah you are right, my message was quite hasty in its judgement.
Most un-Dwarfy. Or Dwarfy?? Mad

I guess I'll have to wait for the next WHForge book;
I may be proven wrong!

Looks to slow to be a destroyer imo.

"A Beastman Idol of the Dark Gods.
A Temple Efigy of Sotek.
"

yes please!!

lol. I'd love to see that.

The big sculpts the better

ChungEssence Wrote:
"A Beastman Idol of the Dark Gods."