CDO Forums

Full Version: FW Realm of Battle Zones
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
FW has just posted their Realm of Battle zones:

Mortalis Alpha Complex £25.00
Mortalis Beta Complex £25.00
Mortalis Gamma Complex £25.00
Mortalis Delta Complex £25.00
Mortalis Set of 4 (Alpha through Delta) £90.00

They're looking pretty damn good as far as this kind of thing goes.  Definitely ripe for converting.  Can finally get a move on with making proper 3D terrain for Space Hulk campaigns Wink

~N
That's pretty cool... I'm just wondering where this was when Space Hulk came out.

Also I can't help bu feel the indentions across the top are intended to allow for some future release.
That's pretty cool. Although the big picture of all the tiles together is a 3x3 layout, right? Because when you click on the link for all four, that's what it shows you, and it's possibly a bit deceptive!
These would look amazing fitted in behind a FW Fortress Walls set, joined onto one or two Realm of Battle Boards... Brilliant for apoc *drools*

Thommy H Wrote:
That's pretty cool. Although the big picture of all the tiles together is a 3x3 layout, right? Because when you click on the link for all four, that's what it shows you, and it's possibly a bit deceptive!

Yes, good eye... I assume you may even have two of them.  Yes, the individual tiles are 6x6, whereas the set they show is 18x18.  Although I notice that the image posted above is no longer the default image they show for the set and they've changed it to this one:

~N

actually, they're 1' x 1'

I really like them quite a bit... If they were a bit lower in cost I could justify them.  Sad
No, we're talking about the number of tiles they have laid out in their pictures, not their actual dimensions. The "full set" nets you four of them, but the picture had a 3x3 layout (i.e. nine tiles), which I felt was a bit dodgy. They seem to have changed it now though.

They're watching us.

aka_mythos Wrote:
That's pretty cool... I'm just wondering where this was when Space Hulk came out.

I think the same

Thommy H Wrote:
They're watching us.

I'm scared Sad

but that looks really sweet

The tiles are nice, but not so the price.

wallacer Wrote:
The tiles are nice, but not so the price.

Especially if you look at the scenarios listed in the rules... you'll need a lot of those sets Unsure

I think it's not even that pricey considering that you get a set of four for the price of a heavy IG tank. Two sets of these should create a sufficient battlefield for the typical zone mortalis battle.

But then again maybe my senses have simply been blunted by paying FW's prices for too many years. Big Grin
Ishkur I think your senses as well as mine have been blunted.When my wife found out how much I paid for my FW order She said and you have to put them together.

Jon
I'm afraid I'm not brave (or stupid!) enough to tell my mrs the costs of my forge world purchases!
Ive been working for my beloved federal gov for 19 years and most of it has required me to stand with my hands  balled into fists and placed on my hips with my jaw jutting out in the most sterotypical fashion,I make sweeping generlizations.And my ability to say NO has been studied by NASA .I am responsible for 300 of the most disgusting evil men you have ever come across.  And My wife says I get $30 a week to spend any way I want to, and Ive been saving a long time.So I dont even have to ask permission.

Jon
The price is actually fairly good - comparatively. 6 of them is £150 (if each is bought individually) instead of £155 for the Realm of Battle one. Considering the extra content and it being FW, the price isn't any more expensive, lol.

Does look cool and like it's fun, but I need a normal board before a special one currently.
Reference URL's