CDO Forums

Full Version: For Hashut! As the Prophet wills it!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello fellow Sorcerer-Prophets!

I'm usually only active on warseer, but several users have pointed me to this forum, because you might like my Chaos Dwarfs Takes Hat off

The army, using the rules and models of LoA, was started in february and has already reached ~300 points.

Here are some pictures:

...more pics will follow!

2017 Image Salvage

What a cool painting style, i like it alot.

Hope 2 see more of this growing and awesome army.

Ciao,

Stepper
Good to see that you guys like my evil stunties!

Here's some more:

very nice theme with blue light effects

vulcanologist Wrote:
Welcome...and great start! Your colour scheme is very different to anything else I've seen here! Looking forward to seeing more!

+1.
A gorgeus scheme, fellow. I love the contrast you have reached, with that brilliant red-obsidian black-blue oxide.

Really, I am impressed.

I think those skins need more lights for being perfect, but it is only my personal like.

Keep up the good work!

Love the grey look to the skin. definately more evil looking, more highlighting wouldn't go amiss though. The Red on black looks great. Nice to see a bright red Taurus looking rather firey
Thanks for all the kind words!

Let me try to answer all the questions/suggestions:

Grimstonefire Wrote:
Are you planning to base the other warmachines?
I think the Lamassu would look better with darker wing membrane, like the Bale Taurus.

No, I'm not planning to base them. The intention of the bases on the Iron Daemon/Sklullcracker is to better be able to measure distances etc.
Funnily enough, the wings are painted in exactly the same colours on both models - I blame the lighting...

Karring Wrote:
I think those skins need more lights for being perfect, but it is only my personal like.

The top-highlight is actually nearly pure Rotting Flesh - it doesn't show on some models, though. I'd be afraid that they might be too bright with more higlights (it's 5 different highlights by now)

Let's see if you also like my newest addition to the army: here's a WIP of my Warpfire Dragon

Lovely warp-fire effect in the dragon, hahaha. Go on.
Welcome to the site.. I for one love the grey skin tones on your dwarfs. Ironically enough my gf suggested grey to signify them being in mines and no sunlight. You have great skills and hopefully you keep posting more pics of your army. Can you post some close ups of your models?
Thanks again for all the kind words!

@brotsorrow: Sure. Which parts would you like to see?
@Admiral: I've done so yesterday evening
@Herby: ...and I was afraid that it might be a bit too much blood

Nice to see, that you like the green - here's some more: Finished Warpfire Dragon!

I very much enjoyed painting a non-red miniature. It was quite obvious, right from the beginning, that the choice of colours would be hit or miss. Eiter the green would work (it's three differentkinds of green areas) or it would be a mess...
When I came home from work on friday at 11pm, I started painting the wings. I used different greens and a final wash with GW's new yellow glaze - it was 1:30am on saturday morning and my Dragon looked like as if I had vomitted some gummibears all over it... Deciding that it was time for some sleep, I went to bed. Crazily enough, I couldn't find sleep, because I was always thinking about the messed up wings. 2 hours later and the new wings were done Big Grin
Very nice warp fire dragon Dezmord, don't think I've seen a painted one yet, but i think yours is going to become a popular colour scheme. I've commented and seen your dwarves over on warseer, and its good to see you sharing the pics at the home of the Dawi Zharr Takes Hat off
Could you get some close ups of your blunderbusses and maybe some pictures of your infantry unit from the rear? Also, what colour did you use for your cannon? I really like that light copper look.
Good to see that all of you seem to like my choice of colours!

brotsorrow Wrote:
Could you get some close ups of your blunderbusses and maybe some pictures of your infantry unit from the rear? Also, what colour did you use for your cannon? I really like that light copper look.

I'll see what I can do about the pics!
The colour on the cannon is actually a mix of several:
1. start with dwarf bronze/tin bitz/scorched brown (33/33/33)
2. wash with devlan mud (I will miss it!)
3. drybrush/highlight with tin bitz/dwarf bronze/mithril silver (40/40/20)
4. drybrush/highlight with mithril silver

Here's my next Daemonsmith that I've finished an hour ago:

Gorgeus, though I would paint the weapon of another colour-contrast one, for represent the ensorcelled weapon.
Armyshot yeah... Fantastic. Looks well, terrify, dangerous...
Really love your colour scheme brilliant painting and love the work on Drazhoath the Ashen.
Cool conversions mate keep up the good work.
Cool conversion man. I love you have used classic modelsCheers!
Ha, knew that was from you, cool blue. Only thing I don`t like is that free flying skull to the right.
Top work!
Yep. the blue! Oh, and happy BDay!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reference URL's