CDO Forums

Full Version: Gamesday 2012
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I will be going Happy

Also as my army won the local Armies On Parade thing I'll be taking that down as well (though I'm going to repaint the display base)

I'm also bringing Vogon Junior (8 years old) who wants to enter the Young Bloods painting comp.

I'm hoping for a ticket to the Forge World Seminar again.  It was great last year.

Cheers

Vogon
Can you make sure to take some photos of anything in folders on the WF desks.  Perhaps also the FW desks.

I've been to a few of these things where I've been the only one who's taken any photos of their concept stuff, and I'm not going this year.

I'm especially keen this year because not only is the next WF book going to feature Dwarfs (my second favourite army), but also the HH book on the 40k side which is the only part of 40k I find interesting.

Generally if you could just ask them if they are planning on doing any conversion bits for Dwarfs or just stick to whole models.
Will do Grim.
What time does it actually open?  I can't remember from last year and I can't see it on the GW web page anywhere.

Cheers

Vogon
great, thanks for that.

06:00 start then Sad
Hope you guys have a great day.

Lots of cool stuff to look at.  I really would like to go next year.
Destroyer has been shown, i have no idea what is going on in this pic, hopefully a forum member does better

I've no idea what that is but I highly doubt that is our new K'daii Destroyer.  It looks far too 40kish.  Then again it does have that handy comb on the front that Deamonsmiths can use to get the tangles out of their beards...

*edit*
I saw the same pictures on Warseer so maybe that is it after all?  If so it looks like a massive epic-fail.  I typically like Forge World models but this doesn't look Chaos Dwarfy nor anything like the artwork in the book.  I'm glad it is marked as a 'work in progress' because that means they can still start over =)

Grimbold Blackhammer
It is the Destroyer and it's already being discussed here.
Those will just be test sculpts. GW don't show greens of production miniatures.
That miniature on the left looks like a Genestealer Cult Magus.

see: http://www.coolminiornot.com/228750

zobo1942 Wrote:
That miniature on the left looks like a Genestealer Cult Magus.

see: http://www.coolminiornot.com/228750

Oh I really hope it is Big GrinDDD

As I said, these are almost certainly test sculpts done by junior members of the team to try stuff out. They generally do weird things, just to demonstrate their skills because ordinarily the sculptors are limited by what is actually worth producing.

In other words, don't expect these to ever be released. Which is probably a good thing given the quality (or lack of...) of that Avatar and Lammasu...
Those models looks like slight variations on existing models rather than anything new. I'm guessing that was the brief.
I think this angle makes it make more sense, though I'm not a fan...
Posted by Da Crusha over at Warseer:
I've done it!  I've figured out the system!!  Forge World policy seems to be "the better your stat-line, the worse your model is going to be.  And visa-versa."

Grimbold Blackhammer

aka_mythos Wrote:
I think this angle makes it make more sense, though I'm not a fan...
Posted by Da Crusha over at Warseer:

oh, I got that picture from Vogon on the destroyer thread.

brotsorrow Wrote:
This side profile pic is worse than the overhead view....... Am i the only one that is actually sick looking at this model?  This has to be a joke.... or they coated some bits in glue, threw them in a bag, gave it a shake, and voila..... something to take up space at Gamesday

+1. And as somebody already said "it's going to be known as the crippled daemon".

Thankfully a new Chaos Space Marine mechanical monster has just been released.

brotsorrow Wrote:
This side profile pic is worse than the overhead view....... Am i the only one that is actually sick looking at this model?  This has to be a joke.... or they coated some bits in glue, threw them in a bag, gave it a shake, and voila..... something to take up space at Gamesday

+2.

Whoever sculpted this one should get no paycheck for it.

Really, there is next to none FW Model I don't like, but i really get SICK from this one. It's totally ugly, looks like a kitbash and then not even sexy in CD style... Ugly face, ugly weapon neck, ugly claws, musseld flesh arms and then a completly mechanical body with way to small szized legs and ass? uuuuuuuuaaaaah, ugly ugly ugly. Even the ugly Chaos Helldrake vom GW is better than THIS.

I hope they change it to a Taurus or a flaming Warrior-Daemon with Metal-Framework like the Kdaai. Throw this one in a bin and restart. Really FW guys, i love you, but this one is nothing but crap (technical abilities beside the critic).

No sale.

Im with Skink i convert something out of the chaos daemon kit + Gorgan head.

Also the 2 guns in the kit look really cool and Fireglaivey Perhaps a different take on Magma cannons.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's