CDO Forums

Full Version: An alliance to watch the Old World burn.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I blame the mantic dwarfs. When i got the supercheap armybox i sat on an immense ammount of core dwarfs... then my bitzbox revealed 100 slaves.... then i thought i need to make some warmachines.... good old bitz box again. Problem is i have no forgeworld stuff.... so once this is all done i have a few more WoC units to finish up and then.... well by that time i'll be looking into the forgeworld stock Wink i've always loved massive games, when we were younger we use to use lego knights to make ranks etc but now... well now i just need to paint Wink
Been busy adding the Spyglass telescope, naptha bombs, whip, beard tassels and scale armour to my magic carpet prophet. I got so pumped i went out and bought some real modelling tools! I'll be using them on the next project Wink

I also finished off a unit of Infernal Guard and put matt varnish on everything that is painted so far. Still not a legal army with just the Prophet on Bale Taurus, 8 Fireborn and 34 Infernal Guard so i think i'll be painting some more core up... I'm not looking forward to the slave units but i think they will be next....
Pumped out 2 magma cannons, crew and 3 infernal guard i left behind in the last batch Wink

The Daemonsmiths of Fleet Admiral Kurgan Blackheart have been put to work. Noone wants to mess with Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed...

Herby Wrote:

And I like this rough and dirty Steampunk colours.

Cheers!

Thank you very much,  rough and dirty is how i roll. When i think of Chaos Dwarfs on the open seas i think of rust... lots of dirty rust Wink

Got a few more additions to my Chaos Horde. I had an hour to get these bad boys painted and based Wink Well they aren't hobby masterpieces but hey 300pts of Deathshriekers will nail anything Wink

tjub Wrote:
Looks good for the time spent on them. Maybe add a colour on sorting small to make them pop?

So true, and thanks for being honest. When i started repainting my Chaos forces i was using Red for capes etc... as i have gone through newer units i have definately neglected them. Just 1 extra colour does bring a lot to the model and in the grand scheme of things i could still do the 2nd colour just after the metal drybrush and just before i start throwing washes on... i think you have inspired me again Wink

took some advice and added an extra colour to my recent batch Wink
Been busy with some more Chaos Dwarf stuff Wink

Great Weapon Infernal Guard block

Sorcerer Prophet on magic carpet. This badboy hangs with warmachines for his 2++ LOS roll then deathsnipes punks as they break my line

Castellan outdoor slaver outfit

Fire daemonsmith

Prophet that rolls with IG sword and board, nice and safe until he miscasts...

Fire daemonsmith

Castellan BSB

"Hobgoblin wolf riders"

"Hobgoblin Khan"
Finished up some 'Fireglaives' and an Earthshaker Cannon today. Puts my painted Chaos Dwarf allies at over 6k Wink Usual fuzzy phone pix and underwhelming paintjobs incoming!

Fuggit Khan Wrote:
I know I've said it before...but I'm going to say it again: I really love your Earthshaker/Dreadquake mortar. Good to see it with some paint...could you share some more pics of it for us? I would love to see more of all the details you put into it.
It really is a marvelous arcane construct Cheers!

Thanks Fuggit Khan, your work has been very inspirational to me so it means a lot Happy i've been taking all the dodgey pix with my phone but i have all the equipment to take real nice photos so i'm going to get onto rephotographing everything. I just finished up my 2 iron daemons so new pix will be up soon Happy

Bloodbeard Wrote:
Get your virtual bling.

I did a few test pix with my iron daemons and the earthshaker.  I'll post them tonight... i'll need a bigger area for the armyshot but i'm working on it Happy

Here is one of my Iron Daemons. This one will stand in as a Skullcracker if i was to ever use it but it also has guns because hey, they are just better Wink I'm playing around with different ways to take photos so i hope you enjoy my shoddyness up close and personal Wink  

As far as the model itself, well it is a mashup of a lot of different bits. It's not like i don't like the Forgeworld model... that this is brilliant but way too overpriced in my books so i started making 2 Wink

Here are some more pix of my Earthshaker Cannon.
Bits used to make this one include 40 biker wheels, a pincushion, lots of chains and super glue lids Wink Also, Mitch gave me a limited edition slayer Dwarf that i converted into the extra Ogre crewman (thx Mitch), enjoy!

I picked up some super cheap World of Warcraft minis, i'll be heavily converting and baseing them with my usual dash  of dodgy painting.  I'll be using the one on the left as another Tzeentch disc rider and the next 2 minis will be ogres but the one on the right is going to be another Daemonsmith so i thought i would post it here Wink $6  for 4 minis ftw!

I've been busy over the weekend. Got a chance to basecoat my Slave units. After i had a closer look at the models i realised over 50 of them were infact dwarfs... I decided to break up the new additions so i will end up with 70 slaves to compliment the unit of 100 but i will also gain another unit of 20 Infernal Guard and now a unit of 35 Infernal Ironsworn....

Infernal Guard

More Slaves

Another Daemonsmith

These guys will be my Ironsworn

As things were drying i started base coats on the Destroyer Wink
So here is some army shots of what i have painted so far. I'm keen for an army medal Wink So here is 7k points of pain...

7000pt Legion of Azgorh Roster
Lords  1050pts
Sorcerer-Prophet
Contempt, Daemonsmith, Infernal Engineer, Relentless, Resolute, Sorcerer's Curse
*None - Darkforged Weapon (Darkforged Weapon), Bale Taurus (Blazing Body, Fuelled by Fire, Terror, Flaming Attacks, Large Target, Fly, Thunderstomp, Breath Weapon), Blood of Hashut (one use), Dawnstone, Lore of Hashut, Naptha Bombs, The Mask of the Furnace, Wizard Level 4
Sorcerer-Prophet
Contempt, Daemonsmith, Infernal Engineer, Relentless, Resolute, Sorcerer's Curse

*None - Darkforged Weapon (Darkforged Weapon), Arabyan Carpet, Enchanted Shield, Lore of Death, Naptha Bombs, Talisman of Endurance, Wizard Level 4

Heroes  1120pts
Bull Centaur Taur'ruk
*, Contempt, Fear, Scaly Skin (5+), Stomp, Swiftstride
Armour of Destiny, Great Weapon, Shield

Daemonsmith Sorcerer
*None - Ensorcelled Hand Weapon (Ensorcelled Hand Weapon), Lore of Fire, Wizard Level 1

Daemonsmith Sorcerer
*None - Ensorcelled Hand Weapon (Ensorcelled Hand Weapon), Dispel Scroll, Lore of Metal, Pistol, Wizard Level 2

Daemonsmith Sorcerer
*None - Ensorcelled Hand Weapon (Ensorcelled Hand Weapon), Chalice of Blood & Darkness, Lore of Fire, Wizard Level 2

Hobgoblin Khan
Giant Wolf (Fast Cavalry), Light Armour, Spear (only if mounted), The Terrifying Mask of EEE!

Infernal Castellan
Contempt, Relentless, Resolute, Stubborn
Battle Standard Bearer, Dragonshelm, Shield, Sword of Battle, Talisman of Preservation

Infernal Castellan
Contempt, Relentless, Resolute, Stubborn
Armour of Bazherak the Cruel, Great Weapon, Ironcurse Icon, Luckstone

Core   1768pts
Chaos Dwarf Infernal Guard
Contempt, Relentless, Resolute
Deathmask, Musician
35x Infernal
35x Great Weapons
Standard Bearer
Banner of Swiftness

Deathmask, 35x Infernal, Musician, Standard Bearer

Musician
Deathmask
Naptha Bomb
13x Infernal
13x Fireglaives (Fireglaive)

Musician
Deathmask
Naptha Bomb
13x Infernal

Musician
Deathmask
Naptha Bomb
13x Infernal

Rare  1115pts
Chaos Siege Giant
Fall Over, Immune to Psychology, Large Target, Special Attacks, Stubborn, Terror, Wall Ripper

Dreadquake Mortar
Contempt, Firing the Dreadquake, Quake!, Relentless, Resolute, Slow to Reload
Additional Crew - Slave Ogre, Hellbound, Steam Carriage Upgrade

Hellcannon
Caged Fury, Daemonic Construction, Doomfire, Large Target, Monster & Handlers, Terror, Thunderstomp, Unbreakable

Hellcannon
Caged Fury, Daemonic Construction, Doomfire, Large Target, Monster & Handlers, Terror, Thunderstomp, Unbreakable

Hobgoblin Wolf Raiders
Cowardly Despoilers, Fast Cavalry, Hobgoblin Animosity
Musician, Standard Bearer, Wolf Boss
10x Raiders
10x Spears

Special   1950pts
Bull Centaur Renders
Contempt, Fear, Scaly Skin (5+), Stomp, Swiftstride
Bull Centaur Ba'hal, Musician
5x Bull Centaur Renders
5x Great Weapons, 5x Shields

Deathshrieker Rocket Launcher

Iron Daemon War Engine
Carriage Hauler, Demolition, Impact Hits (D6+2), Ironhide, Large Target, Lumbering & Unstoppable, Skullcracker, Steam Cannonade, Terror, Unbreakable, Unique Unit Hellbound

Iron Daemon War Engine
Carriage Hauler, Demolition, Impact Hits (D6+2), Ironhide, Large Target, Lumbering & Unstoppable, Skullcracker, Steam Cannonade, Terror, Unbreakable, Unique Unit Hellbound

K'daai Fireborn
*, Blazing Body, Bound Fire Daemon, Burning Bright, Fear, Flaming Attacks, Stomp, Unbreakable, Unstable
8x K'daai Fireborn, K'daai Manburner

Magma Cannon

Magma Cannon
Thanks for all the kind words Wink
So many models left though so very far from finished!

Ben Saunders Wrote:
Nice work on the various war machines.

Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed Wrote:
Here are some more pix of my Earthshaker Cannon.
Bits used to make this one include 40 biker wheels, a pincushion, lots of chains and super glue lids

For a minute I was wondering where all the biker wheels had gone, before I realised that should just have been 40k biker wheels, rather than telling us that you used forty of them!

Haha good catch! They are infact 40k bike wheels Wink

Thanks for the Bday messages Wink

I've been preparing for a massive 30k battle that will be held this Monday. I'll be running Legion of Chaos (21k) and Chaos Dwarfs (9k) vs my mates Legion of Chaos (20k) and Undead Legion (10k). Khaine magic, full on backyard cheesehammer. I've been super busy preparing and painting as much as possible before the final conflict. I've built quite a few new bits for the CD's but I haven't posted anything because my mate cruises these forums and i don't want him to know what i've been preparing for him hehe Let us just say there will be some serious artillery going off in this battle...

I'll take a bunch of pix and post a summery when it's all done. It's going to be seriously epic. The warmachines of Hashut will bring them to their knees. Best alliance ever imo Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Reference URL's