CDO Forums

Full Version: What new evil Dwarf ranges has appeared since 2012?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Would you like to help me with a thing? In case I can overcome the expected technical issues and cobble together WoH #13, then the next issue will feature some short showcase and if possible even some interviews about every evil Dwarf range (or new miniatures in pre-existing ranges) which has appeared since WoH #12 back in 2012.

Let's get everyone listed here. If you have E-mail addresses to add it's all even better! I'm aware I've probably missed some really obvious ones here. I'll update as you add the missing slots:

Titan Wargames' Dwarves (succesfully contacted)

Mantic's Abyssal Dwarves (contacted)

Russian Alternative's Dwarves of Fire Canyon (contacted via Rozmax because of E-mail issues)

Werewoolf Miniatures' Sons of Adramelech (contacted)

Ravenswood's Bezhukk (contacted)

Titanforge's Metalbeard/Sons of Kashan Vra Kickstarter (contacted)

Clam's Eval Dwergar (contacted)

Miniatures of the North's Fallen Dwarves (contacted)

Darkling Games' Bederken Dwergs (contacted)

Four A Miniatures' corrupted Dwarves (succesfully contacted)

Hodag Games' Hobgoblins (contacted)

Sergey Savenkov's Dark Dwarves and Demon-Chaos Dwarfs (contacted)

Size comparison shots between these alternatives and GW's Dwarfs/FW's CDs in particular would be greatly appreciated if anyone could contribute with some.
This would be be some a-level content!

You have remembered everything I know of (except the elephant in the room: "Warhammer Forge" xD)

Looking forwards to read about it with lots of pictures and maybe some ratings/testimonials from users who have owned/painted/played with the respective modelranges.

Another fantastic thing would be picture that compares the size differense between all the modelranges and a battle for skull pass dwarf.

Malorndk Wrote:
This would be be some a-level content!

You have remembered everything I know of (except the elephant in the room: "Warhammer Forge" xD)

Looking forwards to read about it with lots of pictures and maybe some ratings/testimonials from users who have owned/painted/played with the respective modelranges.

Another fantastic thing would be picture that compares the size differense between all the modelranges and a battle for skull pass dwarf.

Haha, FW wasn't mentioned because I don't think GW and its sister companies won't respond to fan interviews, but I could give it a try nevertheless if you want. Rest assured, LoA will get its time in the spotlight if the issues can be sorted out!

I don't think these are all the minor alternatives from 2012 and onwards, though. It's possible Hasslefree minis have released some new Twisted Tales Dwarf since then, and doesn't Clam have a 3rd ed-style line of evil Dwarves? Now that I think of it, Bederken Dwergs might be post-2012 as well...

I think Nicodemus would be the man for testimonials and size comparisons. I'll ask him about it once this list is complete.

And by the by, I'll have to check if Dreadfleet has been covered in earlier WoHs as well. If WoH is to be revived, it will have quite some ground to cover to catch up.

Don't know the year, but Clam's had some chaos dwarf miniatures for sale.

And then there are the russian techno-something-something cannon and catapult. That's made for CDs, pictured with FW models and everything.
You could try firing a few questions across via facebook to FW.  It's not the designers though, I think you'd have to ask them things in person.
@Herby: Thanks! Questions fired away.

@Bloodbeard: Thanks! Clam contacted. The cannon/catapult can have a picture or two, but I'm not sure if it warrants an interview. What do you think?

@Grimstonefire: Thanks for the tip!

Ach, I don't have Facebook. They should've named it Beardbook instead. Would anyone like to try sending these questions to them? I'll try E-mail in the meantime.

"What were your design thoughts for the Warhammer Forge Chaos Dwarfs range?"

"Have they been a success?"

"From which countries do the customers come from?"

"What are your future plans for the range? / Will we see more possessed warmachines in the future, akin to the Hellcannon?"

Also, how on earth do you contact the sculptor for the Bederken Dwergs? I only stumble across some Japanese website where his webshop once where.
Four A miniatures has had a few made. Andy's contact info is on his site.

They fit nicely with Clam's guys since they're all sculpted by John Pickford. Blue painted some up here.

Oh and Bederken Dwergs can be found on Darkling Games. That should get you going.
Thanks for putting my little range forward guy's.

I have just sent my answers to Mathias.

Got to love ALF Wink.
Thanks for the help, all, and thanks for the reply, Andy!

FW couldn't take part in an interview, as expected given the probable company guide lines.

Herby Wrote:
And there are Miniatures of the North  Fallen Dwarves. I think they appeared first in 2012.

http://miniaturesofthenorth.blogspot.co.uk/
http://www.anvilindustry.co.uk/

Just drop me a PM here re: The Fallen Dwarves.

Kara-Nak Wrote:
Just drop me a PM here re: The Fallen Dwarves.

Done!

Herby Wrote:
We've almost forgotten Hodag Games Hobgoblins!

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=10783

http://hodaggames.com/store.html

I know it's just Hobgoblins and no Dwarfs but I thougt you might mention them too. Hobgoblin

Good catch! We take them aboard.

Yes, I have a unit of those. They're not for everyone, as they're quite mannish and serious (as opposed to bignosed/goofy), but they pair up very well with Fireforge Mongol cavalry conversions. Crisp and detailed.
Can't rememner who sold him - but the chaos dwarf sorcerer holding a sphere, with a chaos star on his cloak.
Thanks for the help, folks!

Bloodbeard Wrote:
Can't rememner who sold him - but the chaos dwarf sorcerer holding a sphere, with a chaos star on his cloak.

Grimstonefire! Bloody hell, I must have turned senile by 20. Wink

I'll ask him about when his evil Dwarf stuff was released.

Herby Wrote:
By the way Admiral it would be very practical if you hyperlink all the vendors in the first post.
If you search for good alternatives you can go to this thread and voilà.

Haha, it's become quite a list. I'll do so. Cheers!

No problem!

Folks, we'll need size comparison shots between as many producers of evil Dwarves as possible, plus GW's Dwarfs, old CDs and FW's Chaos Dwarfs as well.

Do you have some of these miniatures in your collection? Any size shots will be appreciated!
Nice, Herby! They have good models, yeah. Happy

Fouraminiatures are one of the many companies/private sellers I've contacted for WoH interviews. (Still have to read up on a majority of basic functions in Scribus, and it's too much of a chore for me to do it with all the stacked studies at the moment, so view it as on hold.)
I'm laughing. ..  and I can't figure out why you would need three Alfs?
I don't know either. I'm still trying to find a use for the one Alf that I have.
wow Alf looks great!
Reference URL's