CDO Forums

Full Version: Best Knights?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who do you reckon makes the best model of a Knight?

I like the Bettonian ones but the empire ones done lok great if Im honest.

What do you think?
Are we talking about GW only? My fav always been the Lions from Confrontation
http://underthemountainblog.com/wp-conte...lice01.jpg

Loidrial Wrote:
Are we talking about GW only? My fav always been the Lions from Confrontation
http://underthemountainblog.com/wp-conte...lice01.jpg

No we're talking any knight models (apart form Knight models who do batman of course, lol)

The link wouldn't work - are they nice?

Them:

In case you are interested here is where you can buy them
http://cadwallon.com/rackham-confrontati...lahan.html
If you want big units and different models throughout, I suggest you take a look at gamezone miniatures. Their feudal knights are quite nice.

But in my opinion, no game company has ever reached the heights of craftsmanship that Rackham displayed during its day.
Great stuff guys - those are really lovely miniatures. I think knights are best when they are mid movement.
With some skulls and a shield-swap those would make wicked knights of tzeentch
If you need them for a chaos look then there are the Drunes
http://cadwallon.com/rackham-confrontati...iders.html
...Personally I really like these. For a number of reasons.

First of all: they are diry cheap, for 25€ you get 12 miniatures (or 48 for 85€ Shock). You are building a Bretonnian army? These lads will allow you to gather your force on a ridiculously low budget.

Second: Plastic!!! Easy to convert, easy to build, your beautiful paintjob won't flake off.

Third: Decently sculpted! Don't like the Teutonic Order? Fireforge also sells Templars and Francs if my memory serves me well (plus tons of men-at-arms).

Fourth: Look at all that blank barding! It's the perfect canvas for freehand Ultraaaaaaaaaaaa Combos (sorry, just downloaded a Snes emulator with Killer Instict Big Grin)!
Wow Skink, those are really good, I didnt know them myself.
Shame I dont need these for anything.
Fireforge Miniatures does some fine stuff and to a decent price - I do find their stuff lack a bit of deatil - especially the way they do faces.

I'm gonna start a Marienburg Mercenary Army one day. And I'm filling up my army with Perry Miniatures stuff. It's really cheap. 20£ for 35-40 infantry models inc. different weapons and command groups (they currently have 4 different infantry sets perfect for Warhammer). And they'll give you 12 knights for 20£, real cheap, lots of bits, fits warhammer and are done by the Perrys - that means great sculpts.

English Army (36 minis for 20gbp)

War of the Roses infantry (40 minis for 20gbp)

European Mercenaries (40 minis for 20gbp)

Foot Knights (38 minis for 20gbp)

And coming soon are their light cavalry (12 for 20gbp)

Perry Miniatures

Really cool is the fact that all their products can be bought through Warlord Games, who themselves have some great War of the Roses / Pike and Shote plastic sets too and they have free shipping for orders at 60£.

My force will loose every battle because it's gonna be all grunts.
Those chaos knights from Rackham looks really good imo. Not bad those from Fireforge either.....
Wow some great looking Knights.

@ Skink - those Fireforge ones are nice - how do they compare size wise with GW?

Bloodbeard Wrote:
Fireforge Miniatures does some fine stuff and to a decent price - I do find their stuff lack a bit of deatil - especially the way they do faces.

I'm gonna start a Marienburg Mercenary Army one day. And I'm filling up my army with Perry Miniatures stuff. It's really cheap. 20£ for 35-40 infantry models inc. different weapons and command groups (they currently have 4 different infantry sets perfect for Warhammer). And they'll give you 12 knights for 20£, real cheap, lots of bits, fits warhammer and are done by the Perrys - that means great sculpts.

English Army (36 minis for 20gbp)

War of the Roses infantry (40 minis for 20gbp)

European Mercenaries (40 minis for 20gbp)

Foot Knights (38 minis for 20gbp)

And coming soon are their light cavalry (12 for 20gbp)

Perry Miniatures

Really cool is the fact that all their products can be bought through Warlord Games, who themselves have some great War of the Roses / Pike and Shote plastic sets too and they have free shipping for orders at 60£.

My force will loose every battle because it's gonna be all grunts.

Great your supporting the perry-twins aswell. Their chaos dwarfs, squats and empire models is the best gw ever put out.

thewizardofoz Wrote:
@ Skink - those Fireforge ones are nice - how do they compare size wise with GW?

Should be the same size if I'm correct.

Skink Wrote:

thewizardofoz Wrote:

Should be same size if I'm correct.

They fit warhammer perfect. On the Fireforge Facebook there are some pictures of warhammer/fireforge conversions.

Reference URL's