CDO Forums

Full Version: [AoS]. Dreadhold Fortress
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looks interesting...but the price! OMG Shock
I just don't understand the logic (?) of GW pricing
There's a logic behind GW pricing? O.o

Tongue Wink
Their pricing isn't really as odd as people think. For example, I was a bit surprised by the prices of this stuff whilst browsing for presents.

Expensive? Yes. Unreasonable? Maybe. Unusual? Nope.

Back to the Dreadhold, very OTT as usual. Just too cartoony to have any kind of real menace really. Nice idea though.
So similar to the 40K style of terrains / cities
It is a great Inspiration to build a fortress. It would be interesting to have exact data to
make something with similar size.
If anybody buys it please post it :-).
Or you could just look on GW's website, since it's up for pre-order now...
Honestly the price are insane , even for I . And I have a tendency to think : Don't care about the price as long as it is fun
I don't think the prices are any more ridiculous than the GW standard. Given that they sell single plastic character models for >£15 now, that amount for a big chunk of detailed wall seems fair enough.

Thommy H Wrote:
I don't think the prices are any more ridiculous than the GW standard. Given that they sell single plastic character models for >£15 now, that amount for a big chunk of detailed wall seems fair enough.

I normally agree with you but here I really have the
Feeling that it's another degree of expensive.
There is not an interesting fortress under 400 euros
A single bastion looks really sad and Lonely for this price I think..

I own the first batch of aos scenery and I can tell that they Are really nice pieces and I don't think they are so expensive in terms of quality.if I put all of them on a battlefield they look great and the price for all of them is almost the same as a single tower of the new ones.

I think the thing with the pricing of these (much like many things in life) is to just set aside x amount per month and save up.  I'm thinking I will get something here to use as a backdrop when I eventually get my display cabinet sorted.

Doombeard

Just saw this tonight. I think the price is in line with their other stuff, but who is going to be able to afford it, crazy crazy pineapples! Just putting me off AoS even more
The same people who buy whole Forge World armies. Then there are gaming groups that use membership dues to invest in scenery, indie stores, parents trying to buy their kid's love.

I miss the old Mighty Fortress.
Meh, it barely has any skulls at all!

I see where they are going with this. It was some time ago I noticed the battlefield cost more than the models fielded on them. When people are using less miniatures, make the terrain miniatures too.
I'm completely speechless...

What the...

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-BE/Fort...Corruption

€900? Seriously? Who buys this?

AGPO Wrote:
The same people who buy whole Forge World armies. Then there are gaming groups that use membership dues to invest in scenery, indie stores, parents trying to buy their kid's love.

I miss the old Mighty Fortress.

I have a whole forge world army. I would NOT buy this.

Doombeard

yeah so a few gaming groups around the country might buy one, and a few rich or hardcore people might buy one, but how much goes into the cost of designing it and manufacturing it and even the space to stock it. they won't sell that many units. I'd rather spend double the money and buy a Warlord Titan than this piece of pineapple

Zuh-Khinie Wrote:
I'm completely speechless...

What the...

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-BE/Fort...Corruption

€900? Seriously? Who buys this?

I'm flying to Thailand next week for vacation with my wife and kids (who are already there), plus I'm flying to Hong Kong and Singapore to visit friends...and my round trip tickets from USA to there and back costs less than €900.
Hmmm, so €900 for family vacation on the tropical islands of Thailand, or €900 for some GW plastic scenery?
I'll take the plane tickets.

Timothy Archer Wrote:
That is indeed absolutely new strategy for GW. They should open a shop in the champ Elysées next to Vuitton and Hermes to sell those

Haha! Cheers!

900 is at least 500 to much.

If it cost 400 some hardcore players could consider it.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's