CDO Forums

Full Version: Artisan's Contest XVIII - Voting!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

"Heinous heathens and maverick madmen. Drenched in blood and gore up to their armpits and bathing in fire. They have truly made the Dark Lands their home, for they have made it into hell on earth, and they are its Daemons..."

Welcome to the voting thread for the 18th Artisan's Contest!

Hidden Masters of the Dark Empire

How to vote:
Please submit 3 numbers as votes by sending a PM to the Staff account (a special account all Staff members can access). We had 7 entries this time, which means each entrant will receive 7 slaves once the winners have been announced.

Each (more or less) anonymous entry is numbered ranging from 1 to 7. There is no need to specify which one you think is 1st, 2nd or 3rd. Simply list the three that you like and we will do the rest. You are not allowed to vote for yourself.

Voting will close at 11:59 PM December 15th, 2015 EST (Eastern Standard Timezone).   Once the votes are tallied we will post the results.

[attachment=4966]<1 [attachment=4967]<2 [attachment=4968]<3 [attachment=4969]<4 [attachment=4970]<5 [attachment=4971]<6 [attachment=4972]<7

Remember, the gold winner will receive the following prize, courtesy of Grimstonefire!

Great job everyone and good luck!
The Staff

Also on CDO: Happy Holidays from Chaos Dwarfs Online- 2015 Edition
I'm busy these weeks and barely found time to launch the voting thread, which explains the shoddier-than-usual MS Paint image edited entries, all done quickly to a prepared template with substandard care. Just wanted to get it done and share the entries with you quickly before I'm too occupied again for much of this week. Don't want to leave you waiting.

Please tell if you can't view the attachments.

Also, we in the Staff have realized that the advent of Age of Sigmar and the popularity of Kings of War means that rules for basing and base sizes will be loosened.

As someone quite lousy with rules (not least wargame rules!) one aim with running these contests was to get into that mindset and tackle problems as they come up, since it can be a valuable experience for other areas of life and work. Part of this effort has consisted in tweaking the rules to improve them, and part has consisted of keeping up with the rules established by other Staff members here on CDO. After all, the rules probably have a good reason of careful consideration and experience for being there in the first place.

In short, there is a reason one of the entries have a vase glued to the side of the base rather than on top of it, and still are allowed into the contest even though it would not necessarily have been allowed previously. We'll see about similar things in the future, but my attempts to explain the limits of the basing guidelines were, on closer consideration, a misleading hindrance to the particular entry and I apologize. Noted for rules tinkering: Less base restrictions in the future. Happy

I'll be away now for much of this week, but wanted to say that all entrants made a hell of a job! The creativity and quality on show is impressive. You should all be proud of your work! Cheers!

Hope to finish the started big hat daemon-grenadier entry of mine sometime next year.

Also...

Methinks someone has watched Mad Max: Fury Road a tad much. Tongue Wink
Thanks Admiral for getting this up so quickly.
Some great thematic ideas that have been created.  
To be honest I haven't seen the Mad Max Re-make, but it doesn't matter where you get your ideas from.

And I guessed about right for the number of entries.  7 isn't too bad considering the damage GW and AoS has done to us.
Much the same here.  I was able to par it down but lost some flavour and flair from it.
Great and very different entries! Takes Hat off

Well done guys!

Hard to choose my favourites ... Unsure

Nonetheless I hoped to see some more entries!

Hashut!
Well done! Big Grin
Awesome stuff brothers! Very impressive characters. After some deliberation i have sent my votes. Takes Hat off
I'm still thinking. we had a busy  week and quite nasty, road accident wise. Am on days off now so I will have another look
My votes are also in!

Thanks to the stuff / organiseres and the paticipants!

Maybe I will be able to steal some ideas ... Wink

Hashut!
Okay, my votes are in.
This was harder to choose than I thought.  The theme of what the model was or did was the clincher

Abecedar Wrote:
Okay, my votes are in.
This was harder to choose than I thought.  The theme of what the model was or did was the clincher

I think I was a bit tipsy yesterday as I don't remember doing this.

Dînadan Wrote:

Abecedar Wrote:

Abecedar Wrote:
Okay, my votes are in.

I think I was a bit tipsy yesterday as I don't remember doing this.

Maybe you're tipsy today?  You are Australian so aren't you supposed to be in a constant state of intoxication by national stereotype decree?

This time last year I would have been... constantly.
yesterday was maybe 60% of a bottle of Cointreau.
Now I'm semi-reformed and it only happens occasionally  
(had to severely cut back as it was affecting my health and my family)

So Australians are the Anglo-Saxon world's Danes? Tongue Wink

Last day to vote, people! And yes, Fury Road is a great movie.
Indeed, but now you can't have two tipsy peoples competing for the same title in the same league. Would look like a drunk fest. Danes already are the jolly drinkers of Scandinavia, and we don't feel like sharing them. Tongue Wink
End of off topic: Or we could deport Danes to Australia... Tongue Wink

Stay tuned for tomorrow, folks! Then the winners will be announced.
Getting antsy now.  I cannot stop myself from checking each time I pass the computer. It happens every contest.

Oh and by the way I'm half scottish and my wife is Nordic related
Fell from roof at work. Not seriously injured. Arm stunned. Can't type. Results delayed. Sorry. Other staffer may handle if want to. Merry christmas!
Do you not have another arm?

Get better soon you goose.

Admiral Wrote:
Fell from roof at work. Not seriously injured. Arm stunned. Can't type. Results delayed. Sorry. Other staffer may handle if want to. Merry christmas!

Sad
Hope you get well soon.

Merry Christmas to you and all the forum too!

Results are up! I hope you didn't have to wait for too long. It was quite tight competition, quite a nail-biter when counting votes. Happy

Thank you everyone for the well wishes! It's much appreciated. Cheers!

Healing quickly. Left arm (and leg) better now, ergo staff work done. It would have been highly inefficient to do it with only one arm, but more importantly I hadn't access to computer until today.

@Dînadan: Why, working on the roof, of course! If only there had been snow. Or at least soft ground. Instead, I landed on frosty ground frozen stiff, and the fall wasn't even that long. My brother jumped down effortlessly from the roof as soon as he heard me land with a yell, so it's no problem to descend from the roof if you're prepared for it. It was more like slipping on ice and catching yourself with arm and leg, plus 2 metre fall. Only bruises, swolled stiff wrist and knee, a night of pain. No fractures. Nothing serious, in other words.

@Fuggit Khan: Hahaha, it wasn't quite like that, but it could be worth trying out... Tongue Wink

Sculpting arm unharmed, thankfully. Not that the swollen left wrist will last much longer. Thankfully!

@Abecedar & Jackswift: Dagnabbit, the secret is revealed! Tongue Wink

Merry Christmas, everyone! I hope to have some casts to sell 'round new year. Drink well and be merry!
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's