CDO Forums

Full Version: New wood elves (dryads) up on GW site
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just a heads up.

Alarielle is pretty awesome on the beetle.
Also, The general's handbook will be up in three weeks. Chaos Dwarfs won't be covered, but Forgeworld already confirmed they will release warscrolls for us.
I don't like the direction with the new dryads/revenants compared to 6th edition's or even the logmen from 4th (nice conversion basis, though, and anyone wanting to make Chaos forest spirits will have a feastday), or at least don't like them in that colour scheme, but even so the new use of insects for the tree-spirits works surprisingly well. The honeycombs themselves on Drycha don't look that good, but I really like the swarms of giant hornets zooming out them. Smart!

The branchwhych is more than decent. I guess many wood elf players might like the Kurnoth hunters, but what's the point in giving forest spirits swords in the first place? GW did the same with the plastic treeman, and I don't understand why. Swords scream artificial weaponry and civilization, which is precisely what forest spirits are not all about. Alarielle on bug is a very nice sculpt which invites to conversions for Daemons and other things, though the bug would have benefitted from smaller horns.

Admiral Wrote:
The honeycombs themselves on Drycha don't look that good, but I really like the swarms of giant hornets zooming out them. Smart!

Why do I have in my mind her saying "Just don't call me Honey"

I have been thinking of starting wood elves for years (them or bretonnians).  I'm really liking the ideas behind these models and with a bit of work they could fit more into my vision of WE.  I.e. making them have bark instead of smooth wood.

Love the models, but GW prices are so far beyond my budget now that I can't even consider buying them.

How long before we see a conversion of Alarielle riding on top of a VW Beetle?
That beetle o___o woa. i could never even paint such a thing this way.

For the rest i'm actually disappointed with the overall look of the other models, i like them as logs like mokujin from tekken instead of those spirit random guys
I like the "minitreemen wih twohanded swords"
They could be wicked treekin in an 8th edition wood elf army <3
Ok, I see where they were going with that, Dark Elf (or Dark Eldar even aestethics on some there). But yea, why does the trees have weapons...
What's with the mech-tree??!!

Grimbold Blackhammer Wrote:
What's with the mech-tree??!!

Exodites confirmed! Wink

They are just Fantasy Tau. The more i look at them, the more i'm disappointed.
pics?
Check baddice podcasts facebook goup. They have 27 pics and a 30 min review
Meh...not my cup of tea.
The Kurnoth Hunters look like chaos guys (paint them red and they are fire demons or something). And the Sprite-Revenants look like Slaanesh guys.
Nothing about these models make me think "wood elves".
The bug is a nice model, but in my thought process giant forest bugs are more associated with Forest Goblins. But I guess this is a 'good' bug...even though my first thought was that GW stole the design/colors from Aura Battler Dunbine:
[attachment=5079]

And as was already mentioned...why do trees have weapons?
Sad

Fuggit Khan Wrote:
Meh...not my cup of tea.
The Kurnoth Hunters look like chaos guys (paint them red and they are fire demons or something). And the Sprite-Revenants look like Slaanesh guys.
Nothing about these models make me think "wood elves".
The bug is a nice model, but in my thought process giant forest bugs are more associated with Forest Goblins. But I guess this is a 'good' bug...even though my first thought was that GW stole the design/colors from Aura Battler Dunbine:

And as was already mentioned...why do trees have weapons?
Sad

Gw is going more lazy and retard with time passing by. I said the same, only the bug is a good model, the rest look to me like fantasy tau.
It looks always more and more like something oriented to kids, big stuff and "cool" models so fathers can buy random stuff for the spoiled kid

A friend of mine is enthusiastic about the new Wood Elf/Dryad miniatures. It's just the kind of thing he's been wanting to convert new Chaos Spawns for his 40k CSM.
Reference URL's