CDO Forums

Full Version: Golden Hat XXVI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ha! This contest came at just the right moment Big Grin
Would a Bull centaur consent to being a mount I wonder?

Think I've got something to fit this in the design studio.
Cool theme! Cheers!

Let's see what can be done ... Wink

Hashut!
Ive got a great idea for this but i will need to fit it in around NaNoWriMo. I also need to buy another character as i think ive painted all of mine...
Here's a chaos hero and steed I did a while ago (crap photo and its not quite finished there I think). Just to give people ideas for inspiration of a dismounted model on a cavalry base

and found a better pic

Just ordered the mount. Happy

Let's see if I can implement my idea ... Wink

Hashut!
I might just enter this one...
Ehm, I have an unit of black orcs left half-painted for ages now. In the middle of the unit I have a black orc character mounted on a boar as champion/standard bearer..... what about using him as a GH contestant?
A black orc riding a boar can enter in this contest? Evil ideaShockTongue WinkUnsureBig Grin

Admiral Wrote:
Very good question, Bassman! Yes, it will work since Black Orcs are a classic slave unit for CDs. We're not strict about any kind of army list entries here, for reasons of creativity. Nothing to gain from imposing unnecessary limits within the broad theme boundaries. People always find inventive and interesting takes on a theme, and this should not be discouraged. In the past we've experimented with a little strictness in areas in case it would be appropriate/further the contest/make for fairness, but experience shows that such efforts are usually misguided given the wonderfully wild creativity on show here.

However, be advised that voters are prone to award thematically appropriate entries, beyond sheer painting quality. As such, a Black Orc Boar Boss might gain some renown for its superb paintjob, but lose a lot of votes because it could just as well have shown up in a standard Orcs & Goblin army. And some voters might think out of hand that a lowly Orc slave warrior would not be allowed to sit on a mount in the style of upper-caste slave Hobgoblins or masterful Chaos Dwarf overlords (i.e. it'd look too proud and independent and free), but there's nothing hindering it from entering. My advice is to tweak it in some ways to tie it in visually with your Chaos Dwarfs. Slave runes, ownership plates and Dawi Zharr markings are an obvious way to achieve this, another could e.g. be to add a a CD-style scalemail kilt, a stylistic chain beard dangling from the helmet's jawpiece or signs of enslavement such as chains or brand marks where flesh is visible.

Just a tip. Takes Hat off

Thanks Admiral. I am ruminating (Taurus style, of course Hashut!) on what you said.
Actually in my army background black orcs are not slaves, just mercenary hired by my warlord. So no fancy beards or Chaos Dwarf symbols for them.

In the meanwhile I already started with plan B. Just in case. Let's see what will come out of this.

Bassman

Slavemanster Hod and Fuggit Khan are in? Damn it, if Skink throw himself into the fray no chances of awards for me Angry

But well, coming back to Golden Hat after so long time it's a chance not to be missed Big Grin

Fuggit Khan Wrote:

Bassman Wrote:
Slavemanster Hod and Fuggit Khan are in? Damn it, if Skink throw himself into the fray no chances of awards for me Angry

No worries good Sir, I am not entering Wink
I'm very much awaiting to see your entry, I have always loved your blog and various constructs.
But I do have a nice idea for a concept, I'm hoping somebody else is thinking the same idea and will enter it Takes Hat off

Nooo, this is a pity. I'd like to see one of your amazing entries. Sad
Well, you still have time to rethink your idea Wink

Slavemaster Hod Wrote:

Bassman Wrote:

But well, coming back to Golden Hat after so long time it's a chance not to be missed Big Grin

I am creating quite a amalgamation of a CD. Some might like it, some might not. Just like something I don't feel like thinking about right now - you never know how the final vote will go. Might as well enter the race with your best.

Well, of course I was kidding! I really like to enter this time. It's a matter if I have time to work on it. I'll do my best.
I always loved Golden hat competition and I am really longing to see all the magnificent entries!

Bassman

I finished the first leg today Big Grin. Definitely not going to be done in time, but at least I started doing something CD related Happy
Almost finished. Shock

I just have to paint a few things, then I can take pictures!Cheers!

Hashut!
Ready and send! Cheers!

I assume that you recognize my model directly as mine! Tongue Wink

Hashut!
Since I do not have much time in the next weeks, I have hurriedly finished with the completion! Wink

Hashut!
I'm in, I'm in. Pm just sent! (hopefully, waiting for pm ;-)

Great to be back here. I had hard time to carve some spare time to finish my entry on time but I really wanted to be back.

I hope you like it Takes Hat off

Longing to see all the great entries!

Bassman

Murkwood Wrote:
@Bassman That's an impressive amount of Golden Hat badge! I tried to find your work but have learned that all of your image links died Sad

Shooot! I tried again, my first time using Photobucket Tongue

Please let me know if they work.

Bassman

Bassman Wrote:

Murkwood Wrote:
@Bassman That's an impressive amount of Golden Hat badge! I tried to find your work but have learned that all of your image links died Sad

Shooot! I tried again, my first time using Photobucket Tongue

Please let me know if they work.

Bassman

...And put a link to your blog in your signature Wink .

Skink Wrote:

...And put a link to your blog in your signature Wink .

I need to reload all the pictures, all broken links. Do not worry, this is something I want to do as soon as possible!

Staff told the pictures went through. This means: I am in. I am so happy to be back.

Takes Hat off Cheers! Tongue

Bassman

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reference URL's