CDO Forums

Full Version: StokeRogue's Big Hats - Very much a W.I.P.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, first off thanks for the warm welcome!

I was asked in the introduction thread for pics of my mini's, so I thought I better get my act together.

The majority of this army was painted in the late 90's and has a distinct "Red Period" feel to it. It is also in pretty bad shape due to years of neglect in a cupboard and could really do with a complete re-paint. On the plus side, even though I haven't used the army in years, I was still picking up the odd model here and there which has added up to quite a chunk of extra figures to add in.

Anyway, here some pics.

[attachment=5332][attachment=5335][attachment=5333][attachment=5334]
Glad to see you getting back to it!! Love seeing the Big Hats get some love!

Keep the updates & progress coming!

~N
Thats a pretty good sized force, glad that you've brought them back into the light
Uhh! That is quite a collection! Please give it a lot of love. It can look amazing <3
Great classic models in a great classic paint scheme! Love'em

From these pictures can't really see much damage, are you going to strip and repaint?
Looks great.  You are well on your way to a full force already.
I like this army! where are you from?
Wow. Very nice collection indeed. I'm glad they are seeing the light of day once more.

PM
Thanks for the words of encouragement.

To answer your questions, I am intending to strip and repaint these guys. The pictures are pretty long range and don't show that there are quite a few chips and knocks on these guys, also these are pretty early paint jobs so I reckon I can do much better this time round (plus there are a few different styles from where I have picked up figures here and there)!

I'm from Stoke in the U.K.!

This is not going to be a quick project though, so don't expect lightening fast progress. I have multiple Warhammer armies, all of which need to be re-aligned to 6th edition rules so I have lots of projects on the go at once :-)

Cheers
StokeRogue
I find with metal minis, if I don't put a matte spray coat over them then the paint peels over time just from picking them up during battles (if that helps!).

Those are some great models - you're off to a great start Hashut!
Reference URL's