CDO Forums

Full Version: Ocean-going Chaos Dwarfs in Shyish [AoS]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Got the new White Dwarf delivered today. There's a new edition of AoS coming out for those who don't know, with a lot of expanded background, and WD comes with a poster that has some of the cool new maps of regions of the Mortal Realms on it. I always scour these things for Chaos Dwarf snippets, mostly just looking for a name or a little nod or hint or whatever. Hey, after 10 years (!) it's a tough habit to break!

Anyway, this was more than I expected. Somewhere in Shyish, the Realm of Death...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kf1hEIF...p=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Oz7FJfA...p=drivesdk

Since the only duardin (dwarfs) in the setting so far are Dispossessed (vanilla), Fyreslayers (extra spicy) and Kharadron Overlords (lighter option), a 'twisted' variety is definitely something different.
Nice find.   So there maybe hope for us in AoS yet.
So does this mean that evil salty dwarves is the way to go for us? Happy
Great find btw, Im looking forward to this edition. Even though I haven't played AoS at all. Will give it a go in 2nd Ed though.
omgomgomgomg what a nice finding!!

I am hyped right now more than ever

Even i would miss the old design, but this possible new revival will be bought instand if it should realy be evil dwarves and be released one day Big Grin
Twisted dwarfs sounds like us. Just think of the possibilities, big tricorn hatted pirates, big deep sea diver helmeted divers, bull centaur merdwarfs
Excellent find, as always. The first mention in AoS for us, and something official to work with. Thank you for spotting and sharing. I much approve of the direction. Yarr! Pirate

Great artwork, too.

This is rather exciting news, and personally it stokes my interest in AoS all the more. I'm into historically based fantasy and doesn't get the hang much of planeswalking, but even so GW and some members on CDO have managed to kindle an interest.

This will obviously get its slice of writing competition next year when Scribe's Contest is back. Usually we could have found an Artisan's Contest slot to celebrate this new bit of info ASAP ("make pirate/naval/oceangoing CDs"), but this year we're only running broader contests directly useful for armies, plus a yearly art comp, so a niche exploratory theme like this one will have to wait a while.

One wonders if there are plans for GW or FW to explore these salty Chaos Dwarfs with new models, or just give the existing LoA range a home?

This is much better than the floating rumours of Chaos Dwarfs being turned into artillery slaves by Greenskins in an ironic reversed role scenario. Cheers!
Bull centapusses, bull centigators. Mechanical iron daemon crabs/ octpusses. Steam cannons, harpoon glaives, Steam K’daii, mechanical hermit crab juggernauts. Ahhhhhhh so many possibilities
Indeed!

By the way, Thommy, is there a chance that you will visit these ocean-going Chaos Dwarfs with background of your own? Cheers
Evil dwarf pirates. Is this perfection?
Yes it is! Pirate

Uther the unhinged Wrote:
Twisted dwarfs sounds like us. Just think of the possibilities, big tricorn hatted pirates, big deep sea diver helmeted divers, bull centaur merdwarfs

Oooh.  What an image(s)

Admiral Wrote:
By the way, Thommy, is there a chance that you will visit these ocean-going Chaos Dwarfs with background of your own? Cheers

Probably not. My creative energies are pulled in enough directions already right now without adding Chaos Dwarf background into the mix!

I am actually surprised to see evil duardin dwelling in the realm of death. I mean, i would have expected them to appear in Aqshy  or the realm of metal. But hey, Chaos Dwarfs with some control over undead critters? Count me in Happy
Every Realm has a significant 'normal' population and generally every faction has some representatives in each too - there are Shyishian Fyreslayers and Sylvaneth, for example. I wouldn't assume they have any link to the undead, generally.

Admiral Wrote:
Excellent find, as always. The first mention in AoS for us, and something official to work with. Thank you for spotting and sharing. I much approve of the direction. Yarr! Pirate

G

Not our first mention Admiral.

When the stormcast and fireslayers set out to close the allgate to Aqshy in All-Gates it is said to be defended by a mighty bastion of Khorne with 8 layers of walls each more formidable than the last.  It states Khorne commissioned the 'Children of Hashut' to build the 8th and final wall at considerable expense.  It was bound with fell magics in such a way as to be impregnable to mortal attack and to all but the most powerful of gods.  

Naturally a mindcontrolled god-beast showed up at the 11th hour and created a breach.

I noticed something seemed off about that map! Thanks Admiral.

Cheers klemanius! As dr. Frankenstein would have it: "It lives!"
Reference URL's