CDO Forums

Full Version: Rumoured release date for Chaos mortals
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Indications from Warseer are that Chaos mortals will be out in November 2008.  This I think will be an important release for the future of Chaos Dwarfs.

If they include anything unit related to do with CD I think that's all we will ever get Unsure  A new warmachine..  maybe that would be it, probably not.  

If they don't include anything significant to do with CD it will hopefully mean they are staying true to their word of releasing a seperate book.

So between now and say August if we hear anything to do with CD units in a Chaos Mortals book its a bad thing.
and of course I disagree... there are (and have only ever been) only 4 CD units...
if they fit comfortabley in the new Chaos Mortals books its a good thing...
sponging units from Chaos Mortals is no worse than sponging units from O&G...

our rules and FAQ have been removed... we have been banned from major tournaments...
how bad does it have to get until you will accept a CD release in any form?

heres hoping for bearded november...
Will they really be done that early? I thought it was DE, then Skaven.
I don't think it would be a bad thing if Chaos Dwarves merged with mortals.  A full list would be cool, but new official stuff in either case would be cool.  But in any case, like Uzkul Werit I thought DE were to be before Mortals.  I suppose we'll find out.
I thought it was Chaos Daemons, Then Dark Elves, then Chaos Mortals?

I actually wouldn't mind if CD were in the Chaos Mortals book, so long as we had at least a few uniquely CD units to choose from in the list.
I'd rather have our own book of course, but frankly I think it's long since past the point where we are able to be choosey about what we get.
well, I'm an optimist, and me actualy visiting GWHQ once a month and talking, I'm still gonna say where getting a seperate book, also, Chaos mortals are not planned for this year, or if they are half the rules development lads where left out
DE are before mortals...
ok well first things first... the years release schedule was spoiled this week by Harry on Warseer...
Harry is a very reputable source known for concealing rumors more than he breaks them...
its meant to be a bumper year for warhammer... behold:

Harry on Warseer Wrote:
Oh!
Well ... as it is no longer a secret.

March - Vampire Counts
April - Birthday releases
May - Daemons
June - Mordor
July - 5th Edition rulebook
August -Dark Elves
September - 5th Edition Box set
October - Space Marines
November - Mortal Chaos

there is info about most things here except DE, SM, and HoC... well and mordor but who cares...
don't know were skaven fit... but not till '09 for sure...
not sure about CDs with anything except mortals Arlon... as rumor has it the books don't mix anymore...
Can't be sure on that till we get the daemon book tho...

Harry on Warseer Wrote:
Oh!
Well ... as it is no longer a secret.

March - Vampire Counts
April - Birthday releases
May - Daemons
June - Mordor
July - 5th Edition rulebook
August -Dark Elves
September - 5th Edition Box set
October - Space Marines
November - Mortal Chaos

5th edition what? LOTR or 40K
can't believe 40k would need a new edition already

the 5th edition is for 40000.
Tush, I give up on them
yes... for now...
you can also still get it at the australian site, and the italian site (in italian of course)...

but the .pdf is not on the UK site any longer...
yes well cross threading weeks later does cause that...

What happens with a beardless november? Hang up your hats... cause its over...
but November is a long way away... we'll know more as it approaches...
the WD list however is right around the corner...and while I don't expect a huge presence...
I expect access to the hellcannon to be restored to HoC... and flayerkin may be present...
I can't see them incorporating any CD elements (besides the hellcannon) into the WD list...
as no doubt the list will be concerned with only HoC's current model range... Major shifts in Nov...
Rather than discuss the wholesale inclusion (or exclusion) of CD in HoC again (Wink), who here thinks that the Hellcannon would survive into HoC with its rules the same?  Would they do some fine tuning. or a re-write?
I see no reason not to... its use wasn't widspread...
and it wasn't terribly effective as a warmachine anyway...
it does have a nasty tendancy to kill more of your guyz than the enemy...
They'd have to do a better mould if they plan to bring it back.  Very few people seem to get one that even fits together anywhere near perfect first time.
well yes the model is a night mare...
but there are many models in current ranges that are nightmares...
anyone try to put together a Hydra?
like I said...
when we didn't appear in the dwarf book... part of me died...
when there was not mention in relation to the O&G book... part of me died...
if HoC passes with no CDs... then its time to give up...
making a new army for WHFB is not on the menu... the last time they did that they took nothing but crap...
they had tidy LotR profits to cushion the blow... but they are certainly not in a position to take crap anymore...
besides we've never been an army anyway... expecting it has always been far fetched...

without inclusion in the HoC... and without a GT presence our days are numbered...
believe me when I tell you... that never in our gloomy history has it been this bad...
Obviously, I'd enjoy seeing the CD, I guess I'd even put up with them in a HoC army book. I'd like to be able to use them as an army of just CD even if from that book, but that's unlikely too. Yes, hats are about as likely to appear as a man that can scream in space. Which just means conversions from any models that may come. Of course, they may have to be conversions as is. I won't go so far as to give up if they aren't in HoC though.
Given how the Hellcannon is now considered a collectors model, I doubt it will be in the Mortals list unless they do another model.
the ork deffkopta is back on the shelves after a 8 year hiatus...
i doubt 1 year in limbo could keep the hellcannon down...

fact is it was a popular model so maybe they sold them all...
but a new model would not be unwelcomed... plasticize it...
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's