CDO Forums

Full Version: The Daemon's Stump
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just updated the entry in the wiki for the Daemon's Stump.

Fig 1:

We have two bits on it so far:

Warhammer Armies: Ogre Kingdoms
Page 52, Paragraph 1:
* This describes the Plains of the Dark Lands as being "ash-choked" and containing "oily quagmires" and "crackling rivers of lava." Hobgoblins and Goblin wolf riders are said to roam these parts. It goes on to say that beyond the Howling Wastes lies the Chaos Dwarf citadel of Daemon Stump.

and also...

Warhammer Armies: Daemons of Chaos
Page #27, Timeline Year -2130 - Daemon's Stump:
* This mention explains the origins of the Daemon's Stump. It explains that an ogre Tyrant named Argut Skullcrusher engaged a Bloodthrister, Baaltor, in single combat. The Ogre eventually entombed the greater daemon underneath a pillar of rock, which would then be known as the Daemon's Stump.

My Speculation:
In the wiki entry I have put "It is speculated that the Chaos Dwarf stronghold was built atop the Daemon's Stump sometime later, as evidence by Fig 1."

So would you guys agree with that speculation?

Perhaps after the entombing of the Bloodthirster, the region became ripe with Daemonic activity, so the Chaos Dwarfs make the area into a stronghold atop the pillar of rock?  It's cool that we are exploring new regions of the Dark Lands with each new book that comes out.  I am still anxious to see what the Vampire Counts book says about The Plain of Bones.
If it's anyone's stronghold, it's the Chaos Dwarfs'. The symbol matches the rest of the cities and fortresses we know are theirs.
I agree, maybe they build the place to somehow use the power of the trapped Daemon's essence?
I, err, kinda consolidated the vast majority of the Dark Lands pages so that they could share references and we wouldn't have about twenty itty bitty pages. Including Daemon's Stump. But I made sure to keep all the references and speculation!

Obsidian Wrote:
I agree, maybe they build the place to somehow use the power of the trapped Daemon's essence?

OOOOOOOH! Or maybe  the citadel atop Daemon's Stump is where mages go to bind daemons to war machines, drawing the  daemonic power from the entrapped bloodthirster below, or using his power as a gateway to the underworld!

..fun thought

Ancient History Wrote:
I, err, kinda consolidated the vast majority of the Dark Lands pages so that they could share references and we wouldn't have about twenty itty bitty pages. Including Daemon's Stump. But I made sure to keep all the references and speculation!

Good - that's something I've been meaning to get around to doing for ages now.

The consolidation is good, but it needs a lot of work.
http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/wiki/index.p...Dark_Lands

For the time being, I have reverted to my Daemon's Stump page and included a Main Article link in your consolidated page.

We need to closely examine all the citations on this page and really tighten things up with proper citations.  If we don't have official fluff for sections, we need to reduce them to a description of where they are located only.

I brought a few books (SoC, Dwarfs, O&Gs, Daemons, ... it occurs to me I should get the Ogre book) with me to the office to help with this.

Ancient History Wrote:

Xander Wrote:
For the time being, I have reverted to my Daemon's Stump page and included a Main Article link in your consolidated page.

Yeah, sorry about that.

Not to worry at all.  We really ought to use the Discussion pages in the wiki! Hehe.

Vexxus vexed me! Wink You stole my idea. This is where the daemonoligsts reside, learning to bind the daemon's, drawing the enrgy from Baaltor. It's easier than catching new daemons etc. Think of it as an oil rig, sucking up aethyric entity instead of oil Big Grin
That's sort of what I said right?Tongue
Well, Obsidian, I think (I can't remember now) that you may have spawned the idea, partially at least, in my head...

Hashut's Blessing Wrote:
Well, Obsidian, I think (I can't remember now) that you may have spawned the idea, partially at least, in my head...

Revlid's "On Daemon's Stump" fluff, from the Wiki Wrote:
There is only one level deeper than the industrial levels, led down to by a stone platform carved in the shape of an eight-sided rune. This is not one of the intricate summoning circles of the highest floors, but a crude mark scratched straight into the living rock by some beast of burden, pick armed slaves, or (as popular rumour tells) a warring Greater Daemon in battle with a mighty Ogre.

Revlid's "On Daemon's Stump" fluff, from the Wiki Wrote:
The centre of the mazelike fortress mimics the outside in it’s octagonal structure, the cold black stone the comprises its walls starkly contrasted the central column that supports the great staircase. The column pulses and moans like a living thing, tortured and groaning faces pushing out of the stone as if to escape before resubmerging into the darkness. This is the unnatural pillar around which the Stump was built, and a common initiation ceremony into the ranks of the daemonbinders is a test to see how long a prospective dwarf can stay in contact with the pillar. The current record holder is Drazheen Chalkfinger, who after six hours had seven pickaxes blunted on his petrified hand before he could be removed from the daemonic stone.

Ages ago. Wink

I am not sure what your post means Revlid.  Care to clarify? o.o
I think he means that he wrote it ages ago...i imagine

al-hashut Wrote:

Yep. A slightly childish attempt to stake a claim to the idea. Takes Hat off

Ah, oke. Guess I need to go through the Wiki one of these days! ShyTongue

Well, atleast I do definitly know that my take on who Hashut could be isn't stated before!Wink (totally off topic I know!Tongue)

Revlid Wrote:

al-hashut Wrote:

Yep. A slightly childish attempt to stake a claim to the idea. Takes Hat off

I am curious to hear a little more about this, what exactly did you write, please quote it and explain all the context and everything.  I find this rather interesting. =]

Xander Wrote:
I am curious to hear a little more about this, what exactly did you write, please quote it and explain all the context and everything.  I find this rather interesting. =]

It's just a finished version of the Daemon's Stump fluff I posted up here ages ago.
http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/wiki/index.p...%27s_Stump

Ah, so you had said their was a Greater Daemon there.  Heh.

Well that now is the case, and indeed we have slightly more detail than that.  

Has anyone else bought the new book?  Have they scoured it for any more references?  I am slowly reading through it.
-2130IC
Phew!  That would fit into my timeline fine, except that in my fluff the rock he buried him under is later blown sky high and a tear to the realm of chaos opens...

So it sort of fits already! Wink
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's