CDO Forums

Full Version: Interesting news
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
from http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77863

Quote:
I attended both of Jervis's seminars at Adepticon and both were fairly disappointing. He was on full 3 month 'lockdown' mode at wouldn't commit to revealing absolutely anything, even as a tongue-in-cheek reference.

That said, what he could talk about was his role in games workshop and the overall direction the company is moving with regards to its games...

...Another fairly big change (IMO) is the decision that all current armies that have a codex/army book will be supported by the company on timely basis indefinitely. That means no current armies will go away (inlcuding Dark Eldar and Chaos Dwarves, according to Jervis) and they will all start recieving much more regular releases (no more 8 year gap between Ork codices in the future).
GW is trying to get to a point where all the codices/army books are fairly balanced at their base point levels (1,500 points for 40K, 2,000 points for Warhammer) and part of that process is eliminating some of the fringe choices that allow players to make wacky powerful armies.

Emphasis mine

I was about to post this myself. To quote Monty Python, "I'm not dead yet!"
Excellent news find!  A worthy 600th post. Happy
Chaos Dwarfs isn't currently supported by an Army Book....

Uzkul Werit Wrote:
To quote Monty Python, "I'm not dead yet!"

"isn't there something you could do?"
*thud*
"see you next tuesday"

Quote:
All current armies that have a codex/army book will be supported on a timely basis indefinitely. This means that no curent armies will go away

Did Jervis specifically mention Chaos Dwarfs? Its just that they don't seem to be very currently supported to me, nor do they have an army book

As AGPO said, did Jervis actually mention CD specifically?

If he did mention them, it gives me a little bit of hope for something in the summer campaign.
Well, uh the Chaos Dwarves are neither a current army nor do they have an army book; they even aren't sold anymore by Games Workshop! To me this statement doesn't say anything useful about the future of Chaos Dwarves - no point given to assume that they will share the fate of the Squats, or will get a huge update anytime soon.

Perturabo

Assuming Jervis did specifically mention Chaos Dwarves, this is good news. The only part I'm less than thrilled about is this:

Quote:
and part of that process is eliminating some of the fringe choices that allow players to make wacky powerful armies.

Not so much the removal of over-powered options, but I like the wackiness. That's why I like Gobbo's.

Patsy02

I think he says "wacky powerful" in the sense of, you know, two dragons in one army, 4 land raiders in another.
I doubt the wacky is gonna disappear. Just look at the squig boss in sneak peeks and most of the new empire line!Big Grin

Gronth

It sais incuding chaos dwarfs so that means we wont die but it still dosnt mean we'll come back.
If they were planning to do a Squat with CDs then they wouldn't be mentioning them in so many of the recent army books.  It doesn't mean we'll get a full army book or any models anytime soon though.
Reading more about what Jervis said on Dakka, it seems that they won't fully commit to supporting any new army (including DOW), unless they are going to do so indefinately.

Also that they don't want to go 10 years without releasing an update for each book/ codex. Once they've done HE,DE,VC,Skaven, thats most of the oldest armies done.  Space in the 40k codexes and the occasional campaign book, and thats already 2009 for CD at least.

They also won't be releasing any variant lists either, trying to get the choices for these out of the parent list where possible first or not at all.

The exception being if they were to do a campaign book where the army lists within are balanced to be used against each other alone.
[Cornixt wrote:]If they were planning to do a Squat with CDs then they wouldn't be mentioning them in so many of the recent army books.[/quote]
This is great news! cheers:
Reference URL's