CDO Forums

Full Version: Call the dogs to war!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
- Hi there fellow CD Lords, see what happen when you just can't find enough warriors to join your army? Cheers!
- Well you call the dogs to war, right? like some ogres with cannons or some assassins...
- But this topic is all about the Dogs of War, that didn't made it into the list. I know that there is alot of regiments out there from GW that didn't make it to the official list, but I wanna hear if you wanna help me (and others) getting all the info on them.
- Remember it has to be regiments made by GW or another GW related companies.

I'll start with: Gorskull's War Trolls of the Grey Mountains.
This regiment of Renown is made by Kevin J. Coleman and is taken from the citadel Journal - issue 38.
- Remember this regiment was made for the last edition of warhammer, but can easily be remade for this edition.

"I was out of gold and could not pay the rest of my men. Then the huge and foul smelling troll, Gorskull, threw his heavy bag of gold at me with an angry grunt. The extra rations went to the Trolls as payment, and I used the gold to pay the rest of my men, preventing a riot" - Darius Cutthroat, Mercenary General.

Captain: Gorskull, Limbcrusher
Motto: Wez work fer chow!
Battle-cry: "GRRRUUUUUUUUGH!"
Appearance: Gorskull and the War Trolls wear huge iron-spiked pads on their shoulders and bash their enemies with a variety of chain-mailed fists, tree trunks and clubs. the skin colour of the War Trolls takes the appearance of slimy green hues. Gorskull wears a skull-mitt fastened to his right fist.
For Hire: Any Warhammer army, may hire the War Trolls except for Dwarfs, Wood Elves and High Elves.

Points: Gorskull and 2 War Trolls cost a total of 410 points. This is the minimum unit you can hire. The War Trolls do not have a standard bearer or musician. The regiment may be increased by adding extra Trolls at a cost of +70 points per model.

PROFILE  M  WS  BS  S  T  W  I  A  Ld
Gorskull   6    5    1   6  5   4  2  5   8
W.Trolls   6    4    1   5  4   3  1  3   6

Equipment: The War Trolls wear iron-spiked shoulder pads and clad their fists in chainmail blankets (hand weapon). Gorskull also wear an iron-spiked shoulder pad and bashes his opponent with his skull-mitt.

Special Rules:
- Iron-spiked Pads: The War Trolls of the Grey Mountains wear huge Iron Spiked Pads which parry swords and clubs protecting them from damage. This provides Gorskulls and his Trolls with a saving throw of 6+.
- Trolls: The War Trolls of the Grey Mountains count as Trolls and all special rules that apply to Trolls, as described in the Orcs & Goblins Armybook. However, as long as Gorskull is alive and leading the unit the War Trolls automatically pass all Stupidity tests.

MAGIC ITEMS:
Skull Mitt................................................. 15 points
In the first round of hand-to-hand combat, Gorskull may re-roll any misses. Note that the second result stands even if Gorskull fails to hit a second time.
In addition, the Skull Mitt adds an extra -1 save modifier to the enemies armour save.

And here is Gorskull Limbcrusher.

So thats is my fellow CD lords, I really hope you'll all join in this - cheers all Cheers!
Good idea. If only I knew of some others... That unit seems quite powerful. I assume they count as a rare choice? Even without their immunity to stupidity whilst Gorskull is alive, they'd be decent (Ld8 and 6!). If I were one to use DoW, I may have to start asking opponents if I could use these guys!

Hashut's Blessing Wrote:
Good idea. If only I knew of some others... That unit seems quite powerful. I assume they count as a rare choice? Even without their immunity to stupidity whilst Gorskull is alive, they'd be decent (Ld8 and 6!). If I were one to use DoW, I may have to start asking opponents if I could use these guys!

Thats right Happy however as I said, these are make for the edition before this one. but can easily be converted to be used in this one.

But I'm glad to hear that my topic idea can be used, I'll be back with some more later next week Happy

Good to hear! Also, I see no problems with them for this edition... Not immediately anyway... Not sure why there is a points cost for his gauntlet o' doom though...
Well I just copied what it said in the citadel Journal, and Golga's Mercenary Ogres is also at such a high point cost so it might work as you just said Happy
Miniatures

Grom initiated the Goblin Wars when he slew Wulfrun Willowhand, King of the Northern Dwarfs, in a drunken brawl. The cause of the dispute is not recorded, although the relative merits of Old Sam's Brown and Bugman's Best may have been responsible. Grom led the armies of the Goblins in some of their most notable victories, for a Goblin he was a fine tactician and soldier. He was not a pure bred Goblin but of mixed ancestry and presented the appearance almost of an especially ugly Ogre. He was known as 'The Paunch of Misty Mountain' because he was so fat.

Grom selected his guard from the dregs of Goblin society - the, outcasts; creatures who were half Goblin and half Orc. These guards were especially large and vicious. Their armour was scavenged from the early battlefields of the war, and their weaponry was forged at the Dwarf smithy of Zhuf Field after its fall to Grom's armies.

Grom was killed in the first onslaught on the Dwarf fortress of the Middenheim. From then on they were led by the regimental Champion, Crud Longbone. Crud was an unusually tall, thin and lanky Goblin with a distinctively long nose. Crud and the remainder of Grom's guards were exterminated at the final battle of the war at Mad Dog Pass.

Armament. Sword. Armour - Mail Coat and Shield

Dress. Leather jerkin and trousers, with mail coat and heavy iron helmet.

Shield. Assorted shield patterns prevail. Grom's shield depicts the death of Wilfrun Willowhand, with a great deal of blood and the fabled toasting fork very much in evidence.

Battlecry. 'Yaaaghhhruuuuuugh' - Goblins are not known for their eloquence.

Leader. Grom the Paunch of Misty Mountain. Grom has the attributes of a Major Night Goblin Hero, except that his layers of fat give him a Toughness of D and 4 Wounds.

Deeds. Apart from starting the Goblin Wars, Grom is now chiefly remembered for the Atrocities of Zhuf Field. Many Dwarf captives were taken on this occasion, but all were doomed to a horrible death. On every day for the following month Grom had a hundred Dwarfs brought before him. He personally sat on each captive until the victim died of suffocation.

PROFILE - 1st edition

M WS BS S T W I A POINTS
4 3 3 2 B 1 3 1  6.5

PROFILES - 2nd edition

M WS BS S T W I A Ld Int Cl WP POINTS
Grom
Goblin Major Hero 4 5 5 4 4 3 5 3 7 7 7 7 87
Crud Longbone
Goblin Champion 4 3 3 4 3 1 3 1 5 5 5 5 5.75
Goblin Trooper 4 2 3 3 3 1 2 1 5 5 5 5 3.75
Standard = 18,75
Horn = 7.5

Source: Forces of Fantasy and the Spring 85 Journal

The Black Fire Pass is the only route over the Black Mountains, and for years the mountain and the pass were by and large impassable due to the presence of a large Orc settlement. This dirty and squalid township consisted of several dozen wooden shacks, a large but unstable saloon and hundreds of mean, greedy, low-down Orcs.

The town was run by Harboth, an Orc of great size and strength. Harboth's mates used to spend most of their time in the saloon, sheltering from the almost non-stop rain which is an every day phenomenon along the slopes of the Black Mountains. They would take turns manning the toll gates and torturing travellers. Occasionally there would be a fight as some indignant Halfling or Dwarf tried to defend himself - but not often.

As you can see The Black Mountain Boys don't go in much for fine clothing or fancy gear. They have quite an extensive collection of armour and weapons looted from travelers, including sturdy bows as welt as heavy iron hooked cleavers called Dwarf Ticklers, an invention of Harboth's of which he is justly proud. Yaskin Forit carries an especially large, double handed version of thsi weapon.

After the Goblin wars the Bad Lands were gradually cleaned up by the Dwarfs. Harboth and his gang were forced to take to their heels. It is rumoured that Harboth spent his declining years cattle rustling in the deep south.

Armament. Dwarf Tickler, knives and clubs.

Dress Ragged tunics and breeches, all clothing is very dirty with a generally cast off appearance. A light Mail jerkin is worn underneath the other rags

Shield Assorted emblems prevail - often of an offensive or insulting nature. Harboth and his troops prefer to individualise their shields by scrawling offensive pictures or slogans on them.

Battlecry Harboth's favoured expression is 'Pulp the Stunties'.

Leader Harboth has the profile of a Mighty Orc Hero. Leadership factor 4.

Deeds. When the local dwarf leader offered a bounty to adventurers bold enough to try to destroy the Orc settlement, Harboth resonded by meetinf, and subsequently eating each adventurer stupid enough to try it. Yaskin Forit made a necklace of the ears of these unfortunate characters, whilst Harboth sent their bones back to the Dwarf leader together with instructions to send more Halflings as he found these particularly palatable.

PROFILE - 1st edition
M WS BS S T W I A POINTS
4 3 3 2 C 1 2 1  13

PROFILES - 2nd edition
Harboth
Orc Major Hero 4 6 6 4 5 3 5 3 9 7 9 7 100.5
Yaskin Forit
Orc Champion 4 4 4 4 4 1 3 1 7 5 7 7 9.75
Orc Trooper 4 3 3 4 3 1 2 1 7 5 7 7 6.75
Standard = 33.75
Horn = 13.5

Of all the Orcish raiders to have plundered the Old World from the World's Edge Mountains, none have been so feared, or so hated as the Great Black Orcs of the Mother Crusher tribe. Their Great Raids of Hunger continued almost completely unchecked for nearly forty two years, leaving in their wake a trail of butchery seldom equaled In Orcish history.

Despite many efforts to capture and destroy them, the Mother Crushers always managed to avoid traps set for them. On the few occasions they were brought to battle the outcome invariably favoured the Orcs - using their famous juggernaut columns to push aside any resistance.

Their success was due mainly to the inspired leadership of one Orc. Known throughout the tribes as Eeza Ugezod, Orcish legend abounds with stories of this huge and cunning Orc. One such story, typical of the time, concerns the skirmish an the Great Crossing -a huge, natural span bridging one of the few routes through the mountains to the fertile foothills and valleys of the Old World. It was upon this bridge that a group of Orcs led by Eeza Uqezod were attacked by large numbers of Dwarfs and at least one mountain Giant. An extract from the Orcish 'Volees Adgitz' translates as follows.

'We goes miles this day. Last dark we kills many wittering souls, poking and cutting them - but not having times to make it slow and get them good and

screechy. We gets on the Great Crossing and suddenly all around there'. Stunty Long Beards (Dwarfs) -trapping us boys and making pain threats. Then they goes all grinning silent, and crashing through the crowd comes a Great One, all drunk up, with great iron boots sparking as it steps, and long spikes and jags hanging off them, all dressed up for Orc stomping. It comes roaring and swaying towards us, swinging its club and making us boys windy and tearful. And the stunties are laughing, saying at last they'll have our pretty fangs to make their stunty women grin and dance. And us bold boys - we bunch up close, but cannot help a little wimpering. But Eeza Ugezod's got no wimper. He waves his axe and swears he's going to cut Great One's feet off and pop them in its face. With this he goes off fast forward and sharp hacks the Great One. Its knees goes one way, its great screaming whiskers goes another. The stunties has one look and go all quiet and shuffly. Then Guted - our champion - he gives an honest war shout and we goes off at them cutting up their little bodies, this way and that, and we collects much headskin with hair on it and ties it to our belts. We paints their juices all over the Great Crossing and we calls it the Red Span. We push all the stunties off it, but keeping a few for screarnings later and food for the march. We leaves not too many boys deadstiff and continues our way to make our dearest war and raidings.'

No one is quite sure what happened to Eeza Ugezod - he certainly wasn't amongst the hundreds of Black Orc dead after their supernatural defeat at the hands of the Necromantic Chaos Lord Edis Edis ......

BATTLE CRY The Giant Black Orc battle cry can only be termed as an incomprehensible cacophany of abuse and threat. Each individual does his best to outshout his neighbour. However, against Dwarvern foes they would chorus over and over again the blood curdling battle cry... 'Stomp the stunties - stomp the stunties - stunty stompings fun!'

BATTLE TACTICS On those rare occasions when tribal animosity does not prevail Black Orc tactics are crudely effective. Always consisting of huge columns (juggernauts) led by the best fighters and flanked by archers and wolf riders. Should there be any of the deadly multi-scythed wolf chariots, or mercenary ogres, these would be placed well to the fare. Although cumbersome and easy prey to artillery and magic, these huge formations were well able to plough through and scatter any but the stoutest enemy formations.

SPECIAL RULES Because Black Orcs naturally victimise smaller Goblins and Orcs (occasionally eating them) they are subject to Animosity at +1 on the dice.

PROFILES - 2nd edition

Eeza Ugezod
Black Orc Major hero 4 6 6 5 5 3 6 3 9 7 9 9  
Black Orc
Champion 4 4 4 4 4 1 4 1 7 5 7 7  
Black Orc Warrior 4 3 3 4 4 1 3 1 7 5 7 7  

Source: Autumn 85 Journal.

The island outpost of Fyrus seemed a good place for the monks of the holy order of Saint Origo to build a monastery. True - Fyrus did lie but a dozen miles from the coasts of Araby, it was the birth place of the revered Mullah Aklan'd and its harbours did control the main east-west trade route; but the Brothers of the Holy Order of Saint Origo decided Fyrus would make an ideal place to rest and meditate. They started by kicking out all of the natives and building a huge fortress. This they decided to call the 'Holy Monastery of the Divine Origo'

.When the good brothers found their prayer disturbed by Arabian pirates and the continued complaints of the disinherited they reacted in the only way they knew how. They built fleets, wiped the waterways clean of eastern ships, and fired every Arabian port within a hundred miles. For the purposes of the crusade the Grand Master of the Order designed the special uniform and banner which is illustrated here.

The Knights returned to a life of peace and contemplation, disturbed only by annual excursions burning, looting and destroying all along the coasts of heathendom. After a few years they were shaken from their solitude by vast armies of Easterners, who lay seige to, and eventually destroyed, the monastery. Many of the Knights were slain in this unprevoked attack but a large company escaped. Unde their new Grand Master, Sir John Tyrweld, and aided by the Order's Champion Donna Don Domingio, the Order reformed in the West.

From then on the company crusaded extensively against the enemies of all right thinking folk and gained a considerable reputation from their enemies. Amongst the Goblins they became renowned as 'The Frothers', whilst the Easterners dubbed Sir John 'The Foaming One'.

Armament. Sword and Knife, known as the Heathen Dispatcher .

Dress Mail armour, great helm and surcoat. The surcoat of this particular order is red, which symbolises the blood that was shed that others might go on - specifically the blood of their enemies. Note the badge of the order worn over the right breast.

Shield The badge of the order is placed upon the 'heater' shield.

Battlecry Peace and Justice. Sir John Tyreweld's family motto is "only the Sword Purifies".

Leader Sir John Tyrweld, he has the same profile as a Mighty Hero. Leadership 6.

Note (1st edition) All of the Knights are subject to FRENZY, never take morale tests and add 1 to all Fear and Terror throws. They HATE all non-westerners. In Frenzy they disregard the normal requirement to discard armour. (2nd edition) All the Knights have the usual +1 WS for knights, including CHapions and Heroes. In addition the Knights are subject to Frenzy.

PROFILE - 1st edition

M WS BS S T W I A POINTS
3 4 3 2 B 1 3 1  10

PROFILES - 2nd edition

Sir John Tyreweld
Human Major Hero 4 7 6 4 4 3 6 3 9 9 9 9 144
Donna Don Domingio
Human Champion 4 5 4 4 3 1 4 1 7 7 7 7 9
Brother Knight 4 4 3 3 3 1 3 1 7 7 7 7 7
Standard = 35
Horn = 14

Joseph Bugman was possibly the most famous Dwarf master brewer of all time. The brewing community of Bugman's Brewery, in fact a small town, had been founded in ages past by the great Samuel Bugman, Joseph's long-dead grandfather. By the time of the Goblin Wars Joseph was a prosperous and wealthy brewing merchant, and a reasonably passive and contented Dwarf. His small community lay well off the beaten track, away from the worst excesses of the fighting, and Joseph felt no inclination to meddle in what seemed to him to be a domestic quarrel. After all 'Brass was Brass', and Bugman's Bitter sold welt to Goblins and Dwarfs alike.

Joseph found himself unexpectedly involved in the war when a convoy transporting Bugmans Best Bitter into the Troll Country was attacked by a rampaging Goblin band. Every last Dwarf was slain, including Samuel's only son Bono. The news came as a terrible blow to the old Dwarf, who instantly swore uncompromising revenge upon the Goblins for this foul deed of theft and murder. Without hesitation Joseph took up his sword and his armour and gathered a small band of his workers - all of whom had lost relatives or friends in the massacre.

The band disappeared into the Bad Lands, and little was heard from them during the following years. Rumours from the south told of the ravages of Bugman's Rangers, of cunning ambushes, of deadly nocturnal raids and the consternation of the Goblins.

Eventually, wounded and deathly exhausted, Bugman and his now pitifully small band returned to their homes, only to fight their last battle defending Bugman's Brewery from the advancing armies of the Goblins. Joseph Bugman's body was never found, it is generally assumed that he died along with every other member of his Regiment and their families.

Armament. Double-handed axe, hand axe, short sword and crossbow.

Dress The troops wear sturdy brewers buff coats, heavy earth coloured rough weather cloaks, buck-skin breeches and heavy boots. Mail armour is worn underneath the buff coat.

Shield The shield design illustrated is that of the Bugman family.

Battlecry 'Mhinz Abeir' - shouted by half the company, to which the rest reply - 'Z'yor Rond' - Dwarvish, translation unknown.

Leader Samuel Bugman. Profile is as for a Major Dwarf Hero. Leadership factor 5.

Deeds Bugman's greatest deeds must go forever unrecorded, all memory of them dying along with the Dwarf and his troops. His later life and struggle against the Goblins is itself a source of popular speculation and myth making. The invention of Troll Brew is considered by many to be his greatest achievement, however.

PROFILE - 1st edition
M WS BS S T W I A POINTS
3 1/2 5 3 2 C 1 2 1  13

PROFILES - 2nd edition
Joseph Bugman
Dwarf Mighty Hero 3 7 6 4 5 3 5 3 10 9 10 10 167
Jorj Ruddle
Dwarf Champion 4 5 4 4 4 1 3 1 9 7 9 9 13
Dwarf Trooper 3 4 3 3 4 1 2 1 9 7 9 9 11
Standard = 55
Horn = 22

Source: Forces of Fantasy and the Spring 85 Journal

It was the talented and fanatical Wizard Mullah Aklan'd who first led the Men of the East against the Elven lands. Within his lifetime the Mullah had reduced the Elven nations to a few pockets of isolated resistance, and taken control of all of their old trade routes. It was at this time that the Sea Elves undertook many of their great journeys across the western seas.

Aklan'd may have been insane, many claimed as much, most of them died horribly. His brand of religio-magic was based upon the old religions of the desert tribes, modified to accord more closely with his own distorted view of the world.

His most dedicated followers were the Aklan'd Death Commandos. This elite Regiment was formed from the most devoted of the young desert warriors, men willing to die, and in dying gloriously pass into the highest of the 7 Heavens, known as St'oec.

The successors of the Mullah maintained the glorious tradition of the Death Commandos, always choosing the finest equipment for them and always placing them at the forefront of battle. The most honoured post in the Death Commandos is that of Champion Eunuch. Hasim - the current Champion is an enormously fat Eunoch renowned as the slayer of over 100 infidels. As a Eunoch Hasim has +1 Cl and Ld. All of the Death Commandos are subject to Frenzy.

Armament. Scimitar and dagger. Armour - Mail Coat and Shield

Dress Mail armour and helmet. The long coat is made up of thick padded material and can be worn either underneath or over the armour. It is blue.

Shield The Death Commandos wear the badge of the Mullah.

Battlecry Purity through death.

Leader Originally the Mullah himself, but afterwards a Captain of the Guard with the same profile as a Hero. Leadership 4.

Note (1st edition) The Death Commandos are subject to Frenzy, but do not have to discard armour whilst Frenzied. They HATE men of the west. Death Commandos add 1 to all Morale, Fear and Terror dice.

PROFILE - 1st edition

M WS BS S T W I A POINTS
4 3 3 2 B 1 3 1  10

PROFILES - 2nd edition

Mad Mullah Aklan'd
Human Major Hero 4 6 6 4 4 3 6 3 9 9 9 9 97.5
Hasim
Eunoch Champion 4 4 4 4 3 1 4 1 8 7 8 7 7
Trooper 4 3 3 3 3 1 3 1 7 7 7 7 6.5
Standard = 32.5
Horn = 13

All of the remnant wood Elves of the Old World are noted for their amazing skills with the bow. From amongst his father's people, Prince Oreon chose the best archers and woodsmen and assembled this famous Elven band. With his Company, Oreon left the Old World and took ship to the Elf Kingdoms, where he joined the crusading army of the Sea-Elf Lord Staleor. He fought with distinction in Staleor's Southlands campaign, losing an eye in hand-to-hand combat with the Evil wizard Dornbast.

Oreon's company wears the traditional hunting green of the Wood Elves, with full capes and hoods. In addition to his bow, each warrior carries a shield, sword, long knife and two quivers. Regimental Champion llfrun also has a huge doublehanded sword, a weapon wrested from a fearsome Giant during the Southlands campaign. The company proved more than willing to get stuck in, and after their return to the Old World formed the basis of the Greenwoods defence.

Oreon himself grew sullen over the years and took to brooding over the loss of his eye and vitality, a result of a wound inflicted by Dornbast. One day he simply vanished. Popular legend has it that he went in search of his lost eye. The tale is told in some length in the 'Lay of Oreon's Folly', a well known drinking song.

EQUIPMENT Armament - Elf Bow, Sword, Long Knife and two quivers. Armour - Shield
BATTLECRY 'The Greenwoods', also 'Oreon, Oreon', and 'Take the high ground'.  
DEEDS The Bowmen of Oreon earned eternal fame on the occasion when a huge Giant Champion challenged Oreon to single combat. Oreon accepted, and as the Giant strode out to do combat, his entire company launched a single volley of arrows, killing the Giant instantly. Although many people thought this a dirty trick, Oreon always maintained that the Giant had rancid breath, smelled utterly foul and deserved to die anyway.
SHIELD The shield illustrates the Greenwood, and the arrows of the company.  
UNIFORMS Green tunic and breeches with weather stained green cloak and hood. Long leather boots are worn with turned down tops. Oreon wears the same uniform, but in a more elaborate cut.

PROFILE - 1st edition

M WS BS S T W I A POINTS
4.5 4 5 2 B 1 6 1  13

PROFILES - 2nd edition

Prince Oreon
Elven Major Hero 4 7 7 4 4 3 9 3 10 10 10 10 156.5
Ilfrun
Elven Champion  4 5 5 4 3 1 7 1 8 9 9 8 14
Elven Trooper 4 4 4 3 3 1 6 1 8 9 9 8 11
Standard = 32.5
Horn = 13
was general anti-Goblinoid feeling, coupled with religious mania that resulted in the banishment of the Half-Orc population from Nuln, one of the Human settlements on the borders of the Old World. The Half-Orcs resented this very deeply.

Such a Half-Orc was Mudat Brokenbone. After spending several years organising the Half-orc Tonayl tribe (most of whom had turned to cattle rustling and ambushing travellers), Mudat put his new army into operation. With his warharnmer in his hand and revenge on his mind, he led the Tonayl horde against the town of Nuln. Resistance soon crumbled and the body of the unfortunate town champion was impaled on a pole, later becoming the regimental standard.

The Tonayls wandered the borders of the Dark Lands; fighting in a number of wars for both Orc and Human paymasters. Proving themselves to be unreliable and unscrupulous mercenaries in the best Half-Orc tradition. However, during the battle of Gonnear, after changing sides for the third time that day, Mudat was crushed by the infamous Goblin general Grom, 'The Paunch of Misty Mountain'. Their leader slain, the Tonayls dispersed into the wilderness under the command of the company Champion and paymaster Earwangle.

EQUIPMENT Weapons vary but are usually some kind of bludgeoning weapon such as a hammer or mace
BATTLECRY The battlecry of this famous Regiment is 'Only for the Money
DEEDS Mudat Brokenbone was to rise to fame (and fortune) by being both the defender and attacker of the fabulously rich city of Helmgart. With two clients and the resources of two waring kingdoms at his disposal, Mudat managed to keep the seige going for almost 2 years without actually striking a single blow.
SHIELD The shields are enscribed with the runes of the Tonayl tribe to which the Half-Orcs belong.  
UNIFORMS Mail armour is worn beneath a tattered red tunic, a cloak made of animal skin is worn by every member of the regiment. Earwangle is the keeper of the company coffer, a large and heavy chest which he has chained upon his back. In battle the pay chest often forms the rallying point in an emergency.

PROFILES - 2nd edition
Mudat Brokenbone
Leader and Minor Hero 4 5 5 4 4 2 5 2 8 7 8 8 42
Earwangle
Paymaster and Champion  4 3 3 3 3 1 3 1 7 6 7 7 8.25
Half Orc Trooper 4 3 3 3 3 1 3 1 7 6 7 7 6.25
Standard = 31.25
Horn = 12.5

The Elves have never been a very militaristic nation, preferring to raise impromtu armies of citizens rather than keep a large standing army. The seclusion of the High Elves and the basically maritime nature of the Sea Elves also made it inessential to have a large army. However, to guard the coasts of the Sea Elf lands against possible foreign incursions, a body of Guard Cavalry is maintained, small units being distributed throughout the Elf Kingdoms.

Captain Elwing of Lothern was the leader of one such small unit, stationed along the north coast of the Elf Kingdom. He sprang to fame during the Norse Raids - at a time when adventurous Old Worlders were beginning to nurture territorial ambitions in the Elf Kingdoms. The Elves quickly put the invaders to flight, and those that fled to their longships were later intercepted and destroyed by the Sea Elf navy.

EQUIPMENT Each trooper rides a horse, wears chain mail armour and carries a sturdy lance as well as sword and shield.
BATTLECRY The battle alarm of the Cavalry Guard is 'Death to the Defilers'.  
DEEDS Elwing's rout of the armies of Norse Champion Cecil Bloodaxe the Mauler of Many, and his subsequent slaying of the same were much talked about in Lothern and still form the basis for many popular stories of heroism. Elwing's extreme cool in insisting that he finished his game of shove ha'penny against the Regimental champion Estrulan before riding out to meet the invaders has passed into Elvish folklore.  
SHIELD The symbol of the Regiment is emblazoned upon the shield of each trooper. .  
UNIFORMS The Elves are dressed in blue uniforms, whilst most of the leatherwork is black or red: Helmets and other metal fitting are silver or silver plated. Spear-shaft are painted blue, with white, blue or red pennants indicating different Companies. Elwings Company have Red pennants. As the Company Champion, Estrulan carries the Companies Charter around his neck. This sealed container establishes the right of the Company to bear arms in the Elf Kingdoms and is the symbol of their authority.

PROFILES - 2nd edition
Elwing of Lothern
Captain and Elven Minor Hero  8 6 6 4 4 2 8 2 9 10 10 9 119
Estrulan
Regimental Champion  8 5 5 4 3 1 7 1 8 9 9 8 18
Elven Trooper 8 4 4 3 3 1 6 1 8 9 9 8 16
Standard = +80
Horn = +32
When the Dwarfs built the mountain city of Caraz-A-Carak in the East of the Old World, they created the largest, most wonderful and impregnable fortress the world was ever to see. Its chambers and halls opened into the heart of the mountain and deep into its roots. Unknown to the Dwarfs their tunnellings were to lead them into the still vaster, still deeper and unfathomably more ancient caverns below the mountains.

Within these caverns dwelt many foul creatures. Little did the Dwarfs guess of the blood-letting and savagery that was to rise from beneath their feet. Soon the lower passages of the Dwarf Kingdoms became the hunting grounds of the perilous Lizardmen, the most feared of whom was the reptile known to the Dwarfs as Karnac, leader of a savage band of Lizard men including the dread animal called Huris. For almost a hundred years the Dwarfs battled against the Lizardmen, chamber by chamber and level by level. But the Lizardmen proved too strong, and grew ever stronger as they feasted upon the flesh of the slain and drank the blood of their doomed captives. Eventually the Dwarfs gave up hope of ever recovering the lower levels, and sealed them off by collapsing the connecting passages. What then became of Karnac, Huris and the Lizardmen can only be imagined.

EQUIPMENT. The Lizardmen carry a Long bow and usually two large decorated quivers. Each Lizardman has in addition at least two swords, and often a stone club as well. Each warrior carries a shield.

BATTLECRY. Before battle these creatures raise up a great noise of hissing and snarling, as the cry gets louder and louder the Lizardmen's thirst for blood reaches an uncontrollable level, and they fall upon their unfortunate enernies.

DEEDS. In the main chamber of the 142nd level Karnac slew and subsequently ate a dozen Dwarf warriors, including Baluk Ironfist, the heir to the Kingship. After this occasion his howls of indigestion echoed throughout the fortress for many weeks.

SHIELD. The shield carried by these troops is made from the hide of some underground reptile, and is of mottled grey or green colour.

UNIFORMS. The colours of the reptiles themselves vary from dull browns to sparkling reds and blues. Karnac himself is white. Huris is green. Most of the equipment carried by thesec reatures is black, whilst the commonest metal used by the lizardmen is either copper or a copper alloy such as brass or bronze. Lizardmen sometimes use captured Dwarf armour, which is often iron. Huris wears a very distinctive helmet, which formerly belonged to a Dwarf warrior, but has been beaten so that it more or less fits his reptilian head.

NOTE Lizardmen have tough, scaly skins, which counts as mail armour.
Barda Von Micklestein was neither the most famous, nor the most powerful wizard ever to live within the confines of the busy seaport of Marienburg. He was, however, almost certainly the most careless. It was as a result of his personal ineptitude that a horde of flying Gargoyles were to be released upon the unsuspecting folk of the city. The ensuing orgy of destruction lasted for a week; 7 days in which hellish, abhuman forms stalked and slew the petrified citizenry. By the time things quietened down much of the city lay desolate, and Barda Von Micklestein dangled from a hastily improvised gibbot outside the Dog and Duck Inn.

The Barda Gargoyles were a new and previously unknown type of Lesser Demon, but other wizards were soon to learn how to safely summon and control them using the level 2 Summon Lesser Demon spell. The Gargoyles can fly as swoopers, and have a profile as given below. They have normal Lesser Demon powers, causing fear in living creatures under 10' tall and having psychological and routing immunity (except when caused by Greater Demons or Deities). In addition Barda Gargoyles have an affinity with fire, and cannot be affected in any way by fire or fire based magic.

The Great Standard carried by these demons appears to carry the device of some unknown, but undoubtably powerful God. So long as the Barda Gargoyles carry this standard no other demonic troops will dare to attack them, not even Greater Demons.

The foul Double Horn carried by the Gargoyle musicians is also magical, for its blast causes severe pain, or even death in any one unit of living creatures within 20". This is the equivalent of a missile attack with D6 automatic hits at Strength 4.

The Barda Demons are led by Demonic Champions with improved profiles and the ability to use limited magic. They count as wizards, with a Constitution of 10 points and the ability to throw I level 1 Fire Ball spell per turn. Constitution points cannot be regained whilst the demons remain in the Known World, but are replenished automatically when the demons return to their own plane. 50 points are added to the demon's points total for this ability.

EQUIPMENT Armament - Sword and Spear Armour - Shield and Mail  
BATTLECRY A croaking howl, or insane cackle.  
DEEDS The assault upon Marienburg may have given these creatures a taste for human blood. In any case they have fought on numerous occasions on behalf of the wizards of Marienburg, always with barbaric ferocity.  
SHIELD Both the standard and the shields carry the same strange device, almost certainly the emblem of the Deity which the Gargoyles serve. .  
UNIFORMS No uniforms are worn as such. The Gargoyles themselves appear to be able to change their colour - some appear black, others green or red. Their mail armour is made out of shining brass. Spears have red shafts and brass tips.
NOTE Fly as swoopers

PROFILES - 2nd edition
Demonic Champion Leaders  4 6 6 5 3 1 7 2 10 10 10 10 134
Gargoyle Trooper 4 5 5 4 3 1 6 2 10 10 10 10 80
Standard = +400
Horn = +160

PROFILES - 2nd edition
Source: Spring 85 Journal
Super I'm glad to se some is joining in on this - lets keep them coming Happy
i'm gonna leave afew for others to do don't want to spoil your fun
What about the giant pygmies?
From autumn 85:

The Red Redemption was born during the bitter religious wars fought between the Men of the West and the swarthy Arabians. Amongst the countless factions of crusading warriors, those known only as the Brotherhood were surely the most feared and the most powerful.

As with all protracted wars, there were long periods of inactivity, whilst supplies were organised, spies sent out or paltry scouting missions undertaken. Such lulls were anathema to the more zealous of the warrior-priests of the Brotherhood . They hated sitting around whilst they knew the Arabians were out there being, well, downright Arabian.

Eroneus Balbadron was one such frustrated fanatic. Eroneus fell into a black mood whenever the fighting got held up. Each stoppage caused his moods to become even blacker; indeed, legend has it that his skin and hair turned completely black during this time. His frustration turned easily to anger, and the anger grew inside him until it was almost a palpable thing. He sought solace in the holy books of the Brotherhood, but to no avail. His anger grew and grew until he became crazed and twisted with it. His hatred of Arabians became a hatred for all.

Presently, a very strange thing happened that was to change the course of Eroneus's life, and the lives of countless others also. It was a dark evening, and the Brotherhood had just captured the ruins of an ancient temple from a group of Arabians. The enemy had hardly put up any resistance, and the fight had been a most disappointing affair. It was as he searched the ruins for any signs of the enemy that Eroneus saw a curious book, its cover barely visible as it lay on the floor. Eroneus compulsively picked it up and sought secrecy in the ruined remains of a sunken room.

Eroneus placed his torch in a bracket by the wall, and feverishly spread the book in front of him. Kneeling before it he began to read. To say that what he read was a bombshell would understate the impact that the volume had on him. In truth his crazed mind could not at first believe that it was possible: this aged book contained the truth. Eroneus was overwhelmed by a feeling of physical, spiritual and mental Redemption. The book was a sacred scripture dedicated to and revering the Chaos God of Khorne. Khorne the black God of Battle, the dark Lord of Slaughter, the thirsting God of Blood!

At once Eroneus felt his links with the Brotherhood, and with humanity, permanently broken. In a fever of ecstasy he pounded his face against the chamber walls until all that remained was ... well, little enough remained to betray the fact that he had once been human. Only then did he see the black robes and iron masks that hung upon the chamber walls. The iron mask was unnaturally hot and seared his face as he put it on. The black robes soaked the blood from his armour. Eroneus had become the first and greatest of the Redemptionists, the Master of the Redemption, and his cry was, 'Be redeemed through blood, saved through slaughter.'

Quickly slaying his former comrades in a chaotic commando-style exercise of carnage, Eroneus fled into the world at large. His objectives were unclear, but he was certain that people of the right persuasion would be sure to welcome enlightenment. He was right.

Only a few years after the incident of the Brother-slaying, the cult of the Red Redemption had become established throughout the Old World. In the secret temples of the cult, initiates were introduced to the vile and bloody ways of the mighty God Khorne The skin was ritually flayed from the face and torso of each initiate. Glowing hot iron face masks and cuirasses formed a now and tougher skin. At last they were permitted to wear the black robes of Khorne. Of course, this resulted in all of the Disciples of the Red Redemption suffering from total and irrevocable madness, but that really didn't bother them too much. (They were more concerned in shedding the blood of heretics, as members of the countless groups of Disciples then spreading the ways of Khorne in the world.)

One such group is Darkhoth's Disciples of the Red Redemption. Darkhoth is said to have been initiated by the Master of the Redemption himself, a great honour indeed. His power is such that he can command a group of up to 40 Disciples. The key to this power is the large black book that he always carries - the Darkhold. This is a transcript of the original scriptive book discovered by Eroneus. It is a very powerful magic item, although its uses are confined to cult practices. Merely looking at the pages of this book would drive any living being insane. The Disciples are immune to this by dint of them already having achieved this particular state of mind. Darkhoth is able to read passages from this book, and herein lies his power. A passage read from the book gives Darkhoth absolute power over any Disciples who hear him. During the initiation ceremony, Darkhoth reads a special passage from the book which so assaults the mind of the initiate that his personality is forever shattered. Darkhoth assesses the suitability of the initiate for cult membership by his reaction. If the initiate reacts with extreme violence, this is judged to be good, and he is prepared for flaying and encasement in glowing iron. If the initiate fails to react with sufficient violence, he is given up as a sacrifice to Khorne.

EQUIPMENT Flail, shield and mail armour. Rather than a shield Darkhoth carries an additional hand weapon, allowing him to fight double handed.
Mordrid the Champion carries no shield or flail, but has a double-handed flail instead.

BATTLECRY Be redeemed through blood
DEEDS Spreading the ways of Khorne through the Old World by means of slaughter, destruction, arson, murder and the propagation of insanity.
SHIELD The shield, banners and the robes of the Disciples all carry the symbols of the God Khorne.
UNIFORMS The robes of the Disciples are black, edged in red. All equipment tends to be black, or dark colours.

PROFILES - 2nd edition

Darkhoth
Warrior-Priest of the Red Redemption 4 6 5 4 5 2 4 2 10 6 10 10. 73 1/2 pts
Mordrid the Manic
Champion of the Redemption 4 5 4 4 4 1 3 1 10 5 10 10. 12 pts
Disciple of the Red Redemption 4 4 3 3 4 1 2 1 10 5 10 10. 9 1/2 pts

First version of Mengil & his Dark Elves:
During the spring of his last year Kraal the Hearteater gathered about him all the young men of his immediate family. Spells were cast, bloody sacrifices were made, and, at last, the young elven warriors were initiated into their family cult. At the completion of the ceremony Kraal banished all of the young elves, expelled them from the forest and forbade them to return until each had slain a human warrior, or died in the attempt. This was the way of the Dark Elves of Kraal's family.

Mengil, son of old Kraal, had never before strayed from the dank, leafy confines of his forest home. He soon acclimatised to his new social role, however, and discovered that he liked the marauding life so much that he decided against returning to his father's people and set out on a life of banditry and mayhem. His first victim was a huge Norse champion. His skin Mengil fashioned into a cloak, establishing both the mode of dress of his followers and his full name -Mengil Manhide.The company of Dark Elves was further strengthened when Mengil joined forces with the Dark Elf renegade and Champion Ean Hawkbane. Hawkbane's distinctive feature was the large trained owl which accompanied him in combat

In hand-to-hand combat, Hawkbane's owl gives him an additional WS3 ST2 attack. The owl has T and W of 1, and an initiative of 8. The creature will not attack independantly, but only as an extra attackwhilst Hawkbane is fighting. Should its master is slain, the bird will fly away.

Note that the company consists of both Elven males and females, Dark Elf women being easily as mean and aggressive as their menfolk.

Mengil's followers caused considerable disruption around the farmlands and homesteads of the west.

Armament. Long Sword,  Knife and Repeating Crossbow. Amrour - Mail Coat and Shield.

Dress Black tunic and breeches with light leather boots, elegantly shaped. Over the tunic the elves wear a coat of scale armour belted round the waist. Over their shoulders each warrior wears the mark of his company, a man-hide.

Shield The device of Mengil is enscribed upon each warriors shield.

Battlecry None - the Regiment prefers sneaking up quietly in the middle of the night.

Deeds. While the Clan Incursions were at their height Mengil and his followers crossed the temporary land-bridge between the New and Old World. Here they satiated their vast appetites for destruction and blood, slaying indescriminately and adding greatly to the disorder of the those times.

Leader Mengil is a Mighty Dark Elf Hero.

PROFILE - 1st edition
M WS BS S T W I A POINTS
4 4 4 2 B 1 5 1  13

PROFILES - 2nd edition
Mengil Manhide
Dark Elf Major Hero 4 7 7 4 4 3 8 3 10 10 10 10. 169.5 pts
Ean Hawklord
Dark Elf Champion 4 5 5 4 3 1 6 1 8 9 9 9.  13.5 Pts
Dark Elf Trooper 4 4 4 3 3 1 5 1 8 9 9 8.  11.5 Pts
Reference URL's