CDO Forums

Full Version: Some tweaks!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've re-added the Groups to the Post Bit! I did so for a couple reasons. First, they already exist behind the scenes as Admininstrator, Super Moderators, Registered, and Elite. I always thought those were boring names! So now I have renamed those groups to Hashut's Admin, Mods of Hashut, Dawi Zharr and Immortals. The second reason is that this gives our staff access to custom user names.

Our Elite will now be called the Immortals! As they clearly never die and stay on the forum all the time! The Chaos Dwarf Immortal user title for 100+ posts has been changed to Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith to remove the cross-over there.

Also, beside everyone's user name there is now a small icon indicating whether that person is online or not.

That's all the tweaks for now! If you have any other suggestions, you can post them here for discussion.

Cheers! Cheers!

-Xander
Good tweaks. i had noticed the online/offline thing and it makes life a lot easier for me Tongue Wink

Well, time to get that title Big Grin
So the difference between Immortals and Dawi Zharr is the time spent online? Just wondering... and always striving to move up in the Dawi Zharr nation! Wink
Um, right now it's based on Post Count mostly.  1000+ posts then you get a customer user title.
I knew about the custom title after 1000+ posts but thought that maybe the Immortal group membership might be based on what a member does for the site. Not on his postcount which can include a lot of err, spam! Wink
I like the icon that shows if someone is online. And Immortal is much cooler than Elite.

Obsidian Wrote:
I knew about the custom title after 1000+ posts but thought that maybe the Immortal group membership might be based on what a member does for the site. Not on his postcount which can include a lot of err, spam! Wink

Wed don't allow spamming.  If you see any, please report it to me. The off-topic section doesn't add to post counts, if you are unaware.

Deciding based on "what someone does for the site" is a tricky business which leads to favouritism and the like...  Medals are for contributions to the site, and the CDO Awards are right around the corner. Happy  The ONLY other thing that could possibly be counted is "time spent online" which is recorded in your profile.  But that can be easily abused as well.

Cool i just realised you can click on the online/offline box and see exactly what people are doing!
Nice you brought the online status back - and I'm looking forward becomming Immortal again - best title ever Big Grin

Sojourn Wrote:
I want a custom title! Sad almost half way there! n_n just gotta keep posting! saddest part is I've been here almost a year now, and I'm only at 450+ posts Sad

You have no idea how long it took me to get even over 50 posts....

mmm.... Pyro Stick You have no idea how long it took me to get over 170 posts. It took about 2 years Tongue

Sojourn Wrote:
I suspect it was because it was a tightknit group at the time? not as many posts? hurrah for timing!

Yeah the site was made on the 8th of Feb 2007 and i joined on the 12th so there wasnt many threads to post in back then.

I think I was over 50 posts in less than 2 days lol Big Grin

Thanks, Sojourn. It was originally The Blessed One as a pseudonym for Hashut's Blessing, but I am blessed with cake ^^

I;d have a LOT more posts if it wasn;t for several downtimes I;ve had to go through. I;d probably have about 500 more than Willmark if it weren;t for the,...
I agree, nice work mate, making a good thing even better Big Grin can't go wrong!
lol, Pyro and I have been around so long we remembe when Wilmark and Xander had under 200 posts Wink

AGPO Wrote:
lol, Pyro and I have been around so long we remembe when Wilmark and Xander had under 200 posts Wink

More like we've been around so long we remember when Xander had less than 100 posts and Willmark wasnt even around!

I remember the days we only had staff! :O THAT'S seniority lol Tongue

Hashut's Blessing Wrote:
I remember the days we only had staff! :O THAT'S seniority lol Tongue

HB i was around then as well lol. I joined just before Grim and Wallacer.

Hehe... has anyone seen Monty Python...

I was around on this site before Xander even thought of it!! Wink
I think there's still quite a few of the old gang here from HoH before we joined CDO.  Not that he's so active of late, but Lord Zharkov seems to have been around forever.  Uzkul Werit as well.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's