CDO Forums

Full Version: will gw lower there prices
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
since reaper lower the prices !! do you think gw will
since the metals and tin  is less than 1/2 it was last year and the same with oil prices down to 43.00 a barrow from sept 133.00 a barrow for oil
Nope.

GW has shown before that they don't believe market forces apply to their products. They believe what they sell is a luxury item and that people will pay whatever it costs to buy them. Their business model assumes absolute brand loyalty, as insane as that may sound, and they constantly increase prices above the rate of inflation, regardless of circumstances. Just the way it is.
well we will see  even gw remebers the early 80 !!
They do occasionally adjust. I've seen two price reductions within Canada in the last few years. One was because of the falling US dollar compared to the Cdn dollar. It took awhile for that to happen though and in the meantime Canadian retailers were selling kits at US prices because it was fairer to Canadian customers. And there was a price reduction over several kits within the last few months, IIRC.  Its tough to say really, I get a lot of good deals from my FLGS.
That's not GW altering their prices though - that's just bringing things into line because of fluctuations in the exchange rate. Here in the UK, where GW is based, they've been steadily increasing prices for years.
@Thommy H

Well, when you get a list of prices changed by GW on a document sent to you by GW (as in sent to retailers), regardless of the reasons they can or have adjusted the prices, they are changed by GW... And in these two cases, lowered.
I think there is a small chance GW will consider this if their sales slump over the summer.  But in the mean time, not a chance.

I hate it when companies profiteer out of inflated commodity prices.  That's what hedging is for.

Normally with any other reasonable company I might suggest writing to them en masse, but GW has a bin for all incoming post.
Well they better wake up !! Ral partha  was that way the best figures in there time in the 80
then they fell to due to the point of no one buying
you can't have profits when no one buys !!
unless Gw puts out chaos dwarfs or dow  i probably not buy anything else this year!!
GW hasn't exactly been hauling in the profits recently, so even if the case could be made for a price decrease they won't do it.

wallacer Wrote:
GW hasn't exactly been hauling in the profits recently, so even if the case could be made for a price decrease they won't do it.

Unfortunetly GW have not made a good profit for many a year.

Its unlikely that GW will drop thier prices any time soon, they could be doing a lot of things to make extra profits like make a conversion kit for the space marines/Chaos space marines so they can be used with a supliment book for a Warhammer 30k type expansion to cash in on the HH books. (they have completely dismissed this idea though)

From my experience around the local area here more people than ever are leaving GW games and are going to others like Privateer Press or even giving up all together. In the last 2 years the local club has gone from nearly 50 people per week down to about 12 and 4 of them play PP games - they did play GW but have stopped - despite doing everything we can to retain members.

GRNDL Wrote:
@Thommy H

Well, when you get a list of prices changed by GW on a document sent to you by GW (as in sent to retailers), regardless of the reasons they can or have adjusted the prices, they are changed by GW... And in these two cases, lowered.

Yeah, but what I'm saying is that tweaking prices in Canada to deal with exchange rates isn't the same as lowering prices overall - it's only in one country, and because of a unique situation. The prices everywhere else weren't affected.

GW is at an interesting crossroads, their competition is themselves and MMORPGs.I firmly believe that one of the reasons that 7th edition is more like 5th edition is due two factors: 1) the even edition curse where they scale the even editions back too much. 2) greater increase for descretionary dollars.

Despite this could they fail? Sure can. The end of GW isn't nessecarily a bad thing either to me. Perhaps getting some gamers back in countrol rather then the bean counters would be a good thing.
well we will see !! the presser on!!
Last thing I bought from them was the dwarf battlion set at Gamesday 2008 which I got $50 off the retail price. I wouldn't have bought it any other way. In other words I wasn't looking to buy anything but the price made it worthwhile even if I didn't need it.

GW is fooling themselves if they think their business model will sustain itself indefinately. Basically they punish ("higher prices") those that are already in the hobby.

I have no qualms abouting buying from GW, I'm not too worried about the deferences in. Terms of the prices. What keeps me and will continue to keep me on the purchasing sideline is their stance on Chaos Dwarfs; fix that GW and I'll buy. Don't, and expect to see more of the same: that is to say nothing from me in terms of dollars.
well if i get a chance to by metal figures !! at what gw sell there plastic i buy the better metal figures
well like are local sales are off 25 %  since december!!
The problem with all these co . They think we own them!! and they think we will always buy there stuff !! In tuff times things change quick!!   As seen on T.V.
I seem to recall reading somewhere that during the depression interest in hobbies increased (presumably to take people's minds off things).
Perhaps the present economic difficulties will actually be useful to GW.

They won't lower their prices though Wink
There has been quite a few rumours floating around the forums of a possible price rise in the next year, any one hear any thing about it?

two_heads_talking Wrote:

This_Is_My_Boomstick!! Wrote:
There has been quite a few rumours floating around the forums of a possible price rise in the next year, any one hear any thing about it?

There are? please site your sources. I frequent quite a few forums and not a one of them has had any whisperings.. Although, it has been 2 years since the price increase, so it could happen.

theres talk about possible increases here
http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php...067&page=7

Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's