CDO Forums

Full Version: Forge World Fantasy - Possibilities
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As is well known, the sculptors at Forge World, although talented, tend to focus on 40k, to the degree that some believe they are allergic to Fantasy. The last Fantasy-exclusive they turned out were the Ogre Rhinox Riders, which were brilliant and well-loved amongst Ogre players, so why can't they have another go at Fantasy, rather than releasing another new type of tank?

With that in mind, here's a thread where you can stick all your ideas for the sort of stuff Forge World could release for Fantasy armies. Remember that this would have to be for existing armies - no "They should release Cathay and Nippon and Araby", guys.
Less outlandish ideas to be going along with:

Beasts of Chaos – Characters, God-specific Kits, Monsters, Herdstone
Bretonnia – Characters, Questing Beasts, Moulded Livery Kits
Chaos Dwarfs – These guys would be happy with just about anything, frankly.
Daemons of Chaos – Characters, Chariots, Monsters
Dark Elves – Characters, Monsters, Harpies, Dragon, Cauldron of Blood
Dwarfs – New War Machines, Grudgestones, Bugman’s Rangers, Anvil of Doom
The Empire – Characters, New War Machines, War Altar, Steam Tank Variants, Knightly Orders
High Elves – Characters, Dragon
Lizardmen – Characters, Giant Dinosaurs, Coatls, Cold One/Horned One Riders
Ogre Kingdoms – Characters, Cavebeasts, Slave Giant, Maneaters, Yhetees, Sky Titan
Orcs & Goblins – Characters, Idol of Gork/Mork, Wyvern
Tomb Kings – Characters, Tomb Sphynx, Desert Tribes (Araby), Bone Giant, Constructs
Vampire Counts – Characters, Abyssal Terror, Undead Monstrosities of all stripes, Ghosts
Warriors of Chaos – Characters, Forsaken, Warshrines, God-specific Kits, Daemonic Mounts
Wood Elves – Characters, Treekin, Treeman, Great Stag, Unicorn,
Other – Siege, Diorama
Having discussed this with someone 'in the know', I think the realistic possibilties of forgeworld doing much fantasy stuff is very limited.

However, I will go along with this possibility for fun!

Beasts of Chaos – Monsters, terrain (Herdstone)
Daemons of Chaos – Smaller (cheaper) Greater Daemons that can be converted to characters
Chaos Dwarfs - Siege stuff
Empire - Steam Tank Variants, Siege stuff, terrain
Dwarfs - Siege stuff, terrain
Lizardmen – Giant Dinosaurs
Ogre Kingdoms – Characters, Maneaters
Orcs & Goblins – Siege stuff, terrain
Tomb Kings – Terrain
Warriors of Chaos –  Siege stuff, terrain
Wood Elves – Treeman, terrain
Part of the problem with Forgeworld is the fact that if you notice they do primarily 2 things..

Nurgle stuff or rehashed IG models
and Tanks.

Tanks require much less skill as most of it is originally done with PVC pipe and Plasticard. Greenstuff is pretty much used for filling areas. The nurgle stuff is probably the easiest things to convert due to the organic nature of the style. And rehashed IG.. Take a base IG trooper, add a different head and modify the chest and you got a new IG theme... Its not rocket science.

Also It is pretty well known that next to none of the Forgeworld guys play fantasy.. They are all Treadhead IG and Space Marine Players. and tend to gravitate towards those armies.
Since Forgeworld seem to like doing large models i'd love to see them have a crack at a Kollossus.
Failing that, some Chaos War altars or a model of The Slann who rides on a Stegadon (Kroak?  Mazdamundi?  I forget...)
Spirit of Grungi for Dwarfs, anyone? It's so obvious.
For us -
a.  Conversion packs to make CDs from Dwarf Warriors and Thunderers (heads and weapons);
b.  The Kollossus;
c.  Conversion packs to make Bull Cenaturs from Dwarf Warriors - heads and the bull bodies;
d.  Death rockets and the Earthshakers; and
e.  Characters.

Maybe terrain if that'll get 'em interested.
a new gyro for the dwarfs!!
and a small ships for us pirates
If we let you have a small ship, you'll just use it to steal a larger one Kera!

Hrothgar Goldgreed Wrote:

At one point they made one for Warmaster. Be nice to see one in warhammer scale.

[quote=Border Reiver]
[/quot

Humm!!!!! well how about a BIG  ship then!!!!Pirate
So long as you bring me back some beer or decent (non-Ilsay) single malt scotch we're good.

dedwrekka Wrote:

Hrothgar Goldgreed Wrote:

At one point they made one for Warmaster. Be nice to see one in warhammer scale.

Kera foehunter Wrote:
[quote=Border Reiver]
[/quot

Humm!!!!! well how about a BIG  ship then!!!!Pirate

I see resemblance.

well i guess they may trade canada  beer for  scotch !!!!!!  B. R.
Fully armoured Chaos Ogres
Throgg the Troll King
Villitch the Vile
The Fist of Hashut Mk II
Chaos Dwarf Hellforge terrain piece
I would like to see them do the dragon smaugh  of the hobbit !! since they like to large scale model
i say make some ninja  so my pirates have some one to fight
Now, who read it and was not over the top excited about it? HappyHappyHappy

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2009/05/4...s-and.html

Sounds like all our campaigning might pay off eventually!
Again cautious optimism everyone, clearly something is afoot, whether or not that is Chaos dwarfs...
Again nothing is set in stone or official yet, but it does sound promising.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's