CDO Forums

Full Version: Skaven rumours
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Warseer Wrote:
Greetings, all....

I thought I'd chime in and share a snippet or two of information with you. (while keeping it all sufficiently cryptic so as to avoid getting cut off by my sources, I'm afraid)

- Skaven Magic is getting a big update, 13 spells in total and the highest casting cost of a single spell so far (even greater than Lord Kroak's spell).

-Rat Ogre mount for Skaven Warlord.

-Rat ogres do have frenzy

-A total of 5 different weapon teams

-Clan moulder is getting a big gribbly, sufficiently powerful and interesting.

As a whole, the new book is looking great and goes back to the roots of skaven, in Andy Chambers' 5th edition Skaven. All the original fluff is there, the rules seem balanced and in no way over the top.
(Things that needed fixing were fixed, several new units have been added, interesting rules overall without any proliferation of special abilities for units)

what about new figures ????????

Quote:
As a whole, the new book is looking great and goes back to the roots of skaven, in Andy Chambers' 5th edition Skaven.

Ohh yeah, might even get me liking Skaven again Happy

so when are the planning to come out with those little buggers
A rat ogre as a mount for warlords cool if only Gobbo's could ride trolls

But the rest of the rumours are sounding very good they have done the right desicion and gone for the older Skaven so looking good
yea this will be a year of what army to buy or not for me  most likely  not

Kera foehunter Wrote:

November, I believe.

Im really looking forward to seeing what new models there are. Especially the doom wheel and vermin lord. Hopefully some of the special characters got a remake as well (ikit claw etc).

Godbob and his jolly rogers Wrote:
Sorry Pyro but I blevie the Vermen Lord was a flase rumour AFAIK but a ne beast for clan Moulder is supposed to be on the waiting list

Damn it. I was looking forward to that. And clam moulder is probably my least favourite clan for skaven, probably my least favourite set of models in the whole of warhammer.

wallacer Wrote:

Kera foehunter Wrote:

November, I believe.

that gives me time to save up for the army
unless cd  come out Pirate soon after

Quote:
Hopefully some of the special characters got a remake as well

I actually think the old Skaven SC models are still freaking awesome, some of the best GW have ever done. They won't top the old ones imo Happy

I'm hoping that some of the special characters will make it more viable to field clan specific lists (a bit like Throgg the Troll King in Warriors of Chaos).
maybe the rat ogre is a "mount" in terms of rules but modelwise is the rat ogre walking alongside the character as a bodyguard? or maybe its giving the character a piggyback Happy
A bodyguard seems more likely.  I can't imagine any sensible warlord wanting to be elevated to a more easily viewed position.
You sit on a mount, easy as that.
I don't doubt that it's physically possible for a Skaven hero to ride on a Rat Ogre, I just don't think they would.  Skaven are an incredibly cowardly race (hence the "Lead from the Back" rule) so it seems unlikely that a Skaven hero would want to physically elevate himself above his fellows where every enemy sniper and cannon would be able to clearly see him.
This seem funny that wallacer know about the big rats
The Hellpit list had an option to upgrade rat ogres to 4 legs and so get movement 7.

Maybe the skaven character will be riding around on a big rat.
Latest rumour summary from the UnderEmpire:

Quote:
What we think we know:

-Str in Numbers remains
-Life is cheap only works with slave units.
-Still the +1 for fleeing
-Warpstone weapons still magical.

-13 spell lore
-1 of the spells is Warplightning which may lose the 2D6, 9+ side.
-The 13th spell is a 25+ to cast and we all know of what it does.(Summon verminlord ?)
-Scorch may be a spell
-The other 6th ed spells will most likely be in.
-Irresitable force may be a double 6 like all other armies.

-Grey seer Ld 7
-Skalm is 30pts
-Fellblade, Tokens, Warpscroll, Warpstorm Scroll, Sacred banner of the Horned Rat, Weeping Blades, Warpstone stars, Death Globes, Storm Banner, Brass Orb, Skaven Brew and Smoke bombs remain.
-Some items are still clan specific.
-Tokens remain but might not be able to bypass the PD limit for the caster.
-Verminlord is a Lord Choice
-3 Mount options for the Warlord: Rat Ogre, Giant Rat and most likely a Palaquin.
-Casters get D3 tokens to start.
-Assassin work like DE ones. They also have ASF and a 4+ ward save.
-Master Moulders may be a unit upgrade instead of a character. The Thing Catcher is a normal equipment piece.
-Plague Priest can become wizards. They can have a Plague Furnace or a Giant rat as a mount.

-Clan Rats are 4pts. No more Mainstray
-Storm Vermin 7pts. Champion can take a magic item upto 15-25pts.
-Night Runners are Rank and File. 7pts with 2 weapons and stars base. Can Tunnel with a tunneling team.
-Rat Swarms are 25pts.
-Poisoned Globe Team
-Hand-to-Hand team
-Tunneling Team (for eshin only)

-Plague Monks are core with Skrolk
-Rat Ogres 40pts with frenzy. Can buy Packmasters as an upgrade for 8pts each (1 per 2 Ogres). Can also have a Champion with Ws 4 and 4 Atks.
-Jezzails remain Str 6
-Gutter Runners have a 6+ ward and need the tunneling team to tunnel.

-Warp-lightning Cannon 90pts. Shoots like a cannon but the hits are with the 3" template. Still random str and they don't allow armour saves.
-Censer Bearer 2 attacks and 14pts.
-Doom Wheel is in.
-Hellpit abomination is in.
-Plague Catapult is Low str.

-Skrolk is a Lord choice
-Throt is a Lord choice
-Thanquol is a Lord choice
-Queek is a Lord choice
-Ikit is a Lord choice.
-Snikch is a Hero choice. Will probably have a 4+ ward and ASF since normal Assassins do.
-2 or so more Hero characters.

Hmm... Skaven Assassins look BRUTAL. Though they don't have base hatred, a lower WS, and lower I (for other ASF). Still 4+ ward is nice.

I'm assuming several core units won't count for minimum core...  except for clanrats and stormvermin.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's