CDO Forums

Full Version: Second wave of Daemons in August
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well I'm sure many of you most likely got the GW flyer today.

Daemons will be released in August. Here's what I know is coming out forsure.

- Horror Command Section
- Daemon Prince (plastic kit)
- Mounted Daemonettes

Not sure if anything else will be included in the second wave.

Time of Madness
that's really cool!
Meh... they probably will look good, but I was really hoping for some new HE models. Apart from new CD models, of course Wink
New Silver helms are on the way for the release of the new boxset. Expect to see some lothern seaguard as well (or new spear/archers).
Time of Madness
Also Scribes, Changeling and some metal heralds.
No plastic basics for Tzeentch or Nurgle yet then? More disappointing than I realised, lol Big Grin

Time of Madness Wrote:
New Silver helms are on the way for the release of the new boxset. Expect to see some lothern seaguard as well (or new spear/archers).
Time of Madness

The SH aren't that bad, I think (the horses, though: for the love of all that's good, give us new horses!)
As far as LSG: I hope they take the 5th ed. approach: I loved those models.

Hastings has posed on warseer that plastic horrors will indeed be coming out.  He didn't state explicitly that they will be coming out in that wave, but I think the fact that he mentioned it at all in the thread means its highly likely.
W00t! They were the main thing that I was hoping for. Although I have 18 or more metal horrors that I'm yet to even build, lol Tongue

I think that (beyond me needing more horrors Big Grin )I was really hoping for plastics of the other two gods. They seem to get left out a lot. If you look at the artwork on both daemon books, it's predominantly Khorne with a tough of Slaanesh and the 40k one has a little Nurgle too. Tzeentch, had absolutley sod all Tongue
I'm looking forward to the plastic pink horrors(if they are coming at all) right now I have converted them from tyranid pard and chaos spawn.
I highly doubt they will release plastic horrors (I hate to go against Hasting though). They already have the metal horror command models done and ready to distribute.
Time of Madness
Maybe they will release the metals now, with repackaged command boxes at a high price.  Then release plastic ones in august at half the price...

Grimstonefire Wrote:
Maybe they will release the metals now, with repackaged command boxes at a high price.  Then release plastic ones in august at half the price...

They will not release plastics at half price.

Their new policy is "it doesn't matter how expensive materials is you'll pay LOADS regardless". Plastic models at metal prices, that's the future.

I'd love to see plastic Plaguebearers. I've been converting my Daemons to 40k though. So if I ever redid my fantasy Daemons, unless I get those bases with the round slot in them (which I'd try to do first): I'd want Plastic plaguebearers.

The mounted daemonettes would be nice, as even though I have some cool conversion ideas, that makes a pure Slaanesh army actually possible. This idea has intrigued me in the past.

The plastic Daemon Prince is also great news. It is about time they did that. This is good for WoC, Daemons, and 40k Chaos and Daemons. If I ever redo WoC (which I'm tempted, depending on 8th)... it'd be a Daemon Prince led army that was heavy on Marauders. All Nurgle. So this that will be nice.

snowblizz Wrote:
They will not release plastics at half price.

Their new policy is "it doesn't matter how expensive materials is you'll pay LOADS regardless". Plastic models at metal prices, that's the future.

Using current prices:

10 bloodletters with full command:  £12
10 Plaguebearers with full command: £30

I see no reasons why horrors will be any more expensive than bloodletters (at current prices).

If some of the rumours are to be believed, they may have to do buy one get one free on plaguebearers! Wink

It seems also that they are trying to keep core troops a little more reasonable if plastic. The Goldswords are a special unit. I think it was done slightly to prevent "overloading" on specials and rares to make small and elite armies... not for game purposes... but so you'll buy more of the cheaper core stuff. Yet the elite stuff is still attractive due to gameplay.

Edit: 4 boxes of Empire state troops, which probably have less detail... vs 2 boxes of Goldswords in terms of points (give or take some odd points).

Let's not even delve into Clanrats/Slaves vs Stormvermin...

Edit 2: Which might relate to a min. of core based on points as opposed to options (not just gameplay).
This is mostly due to the special & rare units moving slower from the shelves. Rather than spreading the inventory cost of a range over the whole range, it's now done by product. In other words, you're no longer subsidising the later purchase of specials/rares when you buy core, and resultantly can buy core for comparatively less, making most armies cheaper.

I've heard a lot of people complain about the price of modern plastics, most of whom don't seem to recall that plastics of old where artificially marked down to encourage sales despite the poor quality. As the plastic quality is now as high as metals, this no longer applies. It's still cheaper like-for-like to buy the plastics, just not as cheap as it once was.
I doubt the Deamon Prince... GW will simply keep teasing the public with the possibility of its release by showing it in every chaos battle report and in battlefield pictures for the remainder of time
just what we the world needs, more deamons! [/sarcasm]
On the bright side apparently the list is getting toned down when the PDF file is released.
Time of Madness
Reference URL's