CDO Forums

Full Version: Baltimore Games Day 2010 - A ton of pictures!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So we took a bunch of pictures, and the fastest way to get them online was just to upload the entire batch through Picasa.  So mind the blurry pictures and take a look!
Baltimore
We had a lot of interest in the table and the chaos dwarf models.  We handed out about 175 business cards with the CDO url on them.  

So if you like the pics, or the table, or the CDs, leave us a comment to let us know that all our efforts were worth while. Wink

We begin the long drive back tomorrow morning!

Cheers,

Xander
Awesome stuff. My favourite picture is probably the one of Willmark and Xander staring at each other in what looks like complete confusion.
There are some really impressive shots in there, I think you guys represented us very well.

Well done to vexxus on the battlefield, it came out really well in the end.  I'm curious how he made the small tower things in the oil pit?

Your army is certainly an impressive size now [/jealousy].  How well did it do against the dwarfs?  I know it's not exactly a fixed battled, but you may have some ideas of what to change/ use?
The table turned out awesome
I like that the triple-barreled Hellcannon and Kollosus made it!

You're a trusting man to just leave a treasure like White Dwarf Presents on the table, I've seen some groups chain rulebooks to the table.

The posters turned out very well, what was written on the table between them?
An awesome table and a great display of this community. My hat goes off to you guys. Takes Hat off
Epic! Happy

I can't believe you got all that painted!
The table and every thing looks awesome!  

How many visitors are you getting?
Looks great! Happy
My compliments for the table and for the beautiful report. I know it's not easy Happy

It really cheers up my boring afternoon... I'm studying new material for my job. Sad
Q & A:

Did you guys crush the dwarves?

Not really, but the Chaos Dwarfs defended the tower well. Many hobgoblins were sacrificed and Immortals were a favorite target for artillary. The Collossus (run as a Hellcanon) was blown up by a canon at one point, but defeated the unit of slayers in a two unit mini-game (for kids).

And did my eyes deceive me or did I see a Fimir on the table too?

Good spotting Nicodemus! Several Fimirs from Heroquest were used as slave models. Both Xander and myself have a soft spot for them.

I'm curious how he made the small tower things in the oil pit?

Xander bought kits from a hobby store for miniature trains etc. He went there for the tracks, and saw those tankis, which looked industrial enough to belong to the CD's and picked a few up. I like the way they turned out. During games, the tar pit was used to house dead models, lol.

The posters turned out very well, what was written on the table between them?

A description of the table's event, namely the "watchtower" scenario. The amazing artwork drew a lot of people to the table, the description got them to pause just long enough for us to zip over and start our pitch, a strategy which held great success.

How many visitors are you getting?

Very hard to say exactly, but you may be able to extrapolate for yourself. We were told that over 3200 fans attended, plus staff (many of which were thrilled to see a CD presence). Action at the table was nearly non-stop. Lots of 40k players of course, but still solid interest in Fantasy, I felt.

The table is great but there are good photos, and are others that they quality are not very good.

The Hotel had a very bad internet (wirleess B with poor signal) connection, and it was a very long day for Xander and I. As such, Xander chose to batch post ALL the photos, rather than try to sort them out. There are many blurry shots because I like to toy with settings to get the best shot. The lighting in there wasn't great for photos, but I tried a lot of the time not to use a flash. after 3 blurry shots I would often turn the flash on in defeat.

Also, do you really need more than 175 bussiness cards?

We estimate 175 business cards to those who showed interest in the army/forums/website/webzine based on the amount we have left of the 250 we had printed.

Did you only play the one game?  and Who won?!?!!?

Only one "full" game was played, and the Chaos Dwarfs won, because the Tower was successfully defended. We focused more on having the army for display, as many many individuals wanted pictures, and far fewer people wanted to commit a large portion of their day. This worked out really well, as the board was free for photos, and we were free to promote the site.
What did the staff say about the table and army?
Vex and Xander did a great job. As if my other health issues weren't enough I actally got a cold and lost my voice on saturday. Joy.
It was great to meet you, man!  Thanks for coming out and supporting CDO!
Very nice. Board looks great. The army looked nice as well. Will you guys be adding more terrain features for the board or make a whole new one?

Corker Wrote:
I just wanted to congratulate Xander, Vexxus, and anyone else involved with the table. It was a pleasure meeting all of you there, and an incredible inspiration for somebody who is more or less just starting out. Everything looked fantastic, despite the distinct lack of big hats. :-P

Thanks very much Corker, it was a hike to be there, but meeting people like you and providing inspiration as you described, makes it all very worthwhile.

Keep us updated with your progress (perhaps start yourself a blog in the army blog section)!

Yep, you guys really outdid yourselves and did us all proud. Congratulations. It will be interesting to see what becomes of this, in terms of word of mouth, users and hobby interest. I noticed that Tabletop Gaming News had a mention of CDO in their Gamesday news roundup:

http://www.tabletopgamingnews.com/2010/08/23/38695

So, to me, that's pretty high profile. Happy

As for the no Big Hats - of course there were! What do you think those big black cylinders were? Hats are where you find them!!
Cool.  Well done guys, nice looking table, and minis.  So since I heard Gamesday is coming back to Chicago next year, does that mean that you will make the trek to my neck of the woods?
Wow - looked pretty successful. Great, great work guys Takes Hat off Cant believe how fast you have painted this army. Xander, please take some prober close ups now for all to see (good lightning, nice background, a bit photoshopping etc. - you know Happy )

And Ryan, great work with the video-camera - and lovely photo coverage of the scenery and armies. A small thing though, the awesome music (good choice) Big Grin - seems a bit high during the interview - but all-in-all a very nice video.  So now we have a CDO TV channel as well - lol Happy There is a tag for youtube-videos - dont know if there is one for vimeo as well.

PsychosisPC Wrote:
Cool.  Well done guys, nice looking table, and minis.  So since I heard Gamesday is coming back to Chicago next year, does that mean that you will make the trek to my neck of the woods?

I'd likely travel the distance, just to see some your models in person.  I am a big fan of all your Chaos models.

We are strongly considering making the trip to Chicago, which turns out to be roughly the same distance, driving wise.  The main impediment is getting the giant gaming table there.  Perhaps we need to have someone build the table in a place close to Chicago.  Bringing my army is a easy, though.  Perhaps we could even do some kind of themed mini-game on a smaller board, Clash of the Hellcannons, or something.

Thanks Nick!  And thanks for the seats, my dogs were barking from standing all day.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's