CDO Forums

Full Version: GH #13 - Voting Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Please submit 3 numbers as votes by sending a PM to Golden Hat. We had 22 entries this time, which means 22 slaves will be heading your way, if you entered.  

I have to say that I am particularly impressed with the inventiveness of you all this time.  The Staff thought the subject matter would be a real challenge, as at face value it appears quite restrictive.  But you all rose up to meet the challenge very well.

There's me thinking doing a steam horn would be original...!? Tongue Wink

Another thing worth mentioning is that about 1/3 of the entries are from people who have not entered a GH before (as far as I know), so as an inclusive subject matter this one worked very well I think.

How to vote
PM Golden Hat with the three numbers of the entries you like best!

And remember!

Rules Wrote:
Additionally, when you cast votes you must vote for your 3 favorite entries.  Each (more or less) anonymous entry below is numbered ranging from 1 to 22. After one week, we will post the results. All staff will have access to the votes if you have a problem with the voting or have questions as to how to vote, likewise, contact one of us.

There is no need to specify which one you think is 1st, 2nd or 3rd. Simply list the three that you like we will do the rest.

Voting will close 9th November 11:59pm EST

[attachment=2385] <1 [attachment=2386] <2 [attachment=2387] <3 [attachment=2388] <4 [attachment=2389] <5
[attachment=2390] <6 [attachment=2391] <7 [attachment=2392] <8 [attachment=2393] <9 [attachment=2394] <10
[attachment=2395] <11 [attachment=2396] <12 [attachment=2397] <13 [attachment=2398] <14 [attachment=2399] <15
[attachment=2400] <16 [attachment=2401] <17 [attachment=2402] <18 [attachment=2403] <19 [attachment=2404] <20
[attachment=2406] <21 [attachment=2405] <22

There's a few in there that I had to look at carefully to work out what the instrument was meant to be. Some downright funny ones. A very high standard all the way through, I can normally pick the top two easily, but this time I struggle to get it down to 5.
Wow! - now that's what I call creativity - awesome job by everyone. It'll take me quite some time to pick my 3 favourites - thats for sure.
Some really great works! Takes Hat off

I'll have a very close and proper look tomorrow to decide which ones get my vote. Happy

EDIT: totally forgot to thank the staff for posting the entries this quickly, must be a record!Takes Hat off
Wow that was really quick, kudos to the staff for working through the weekend on this! Takes Hat off

It my initial idea with a mechanical bagpipe (which I didn't execute in the end because I could not decide on an instrument design) was actually what quite a few people came up with. Funny to see that many people seem to feel that this concept fits the Chaos Dwarfs so well. ^^
Wow some great stuff here. I'm going to need some time to sort through all these masterpieces.
Just a reminder to those who voted already, those votes will not count so you will need to vote again.  I can look up what you voted last time if you're fussed, but perhaps it may be better to take another look at all of them... All things considered. Wink
Glad to see it back up! I have to have a think again though... Wink
@Golder
Slaves are released to their new masters when the winners are announced.
Sent in my votes. Happy
Well you said it yourself - blind Tongue

grimstonefire Wrote:
Voting will close 9th November 11:59 EST

Just there - after the old Rules quote and before all the pictures. You see?

I've done a quick count of the votes so far...  It is extremely close.  There are 4 votes separating the top 3, with the 4th place a couple of votes behind that.

So we really need as many people as possible to vote now. Wink  We normally get around 60 people voting and we're at 41 so far with 2 and a bit days to go, so pretty much on target.

I'll  have to recount this all again after it closes just to make sure.
Nope, still 23 hrs left, thereabouts.
Could be 11.59 am - couldn't it?? Tongue
Not any more. Wink

Had another look at the votes so far.  It's looking like a tie for both 1st and 3rd places, but obviously we have the best part of a day left to sort them out a bit.

nitroglysarine Wrote:
damn it EST is like 6 hours behind GMT right?
dang not going to know results for a while yet!

EDT/EST is 5 hours behind (-05 GMT).

GMT is Greenwich Mean Time: i.e. the time currently in the UK and Ireland.

EST is Eastern Standard Time: i.e. the time currently on the East Coast of North America.

EST is five hours behind GMT. Most of the members of this site live in the EST time-zone, so we tend to use that for times and dates. It really is not that complicated.

Nicodemus Wrote:

Thommy H Wrote:

EST is Eastern Standard Time: i.e. the time currently on the East Coast of North America.

EST is five hours behind GMT. Most of the members of this site live in the EST time-zone, so we tend to use that for times and dates. It really is not that complicated.

Seems like it shouldn't be Wink  I live in a province that doesn't follow daylight savings time however, so when I look up people's time zones I also have to think about what time of year it is and then google where they are to see if they're on daylight savings too... poor Hashut's Blessing can tell you stories of my lateness for podcasts Wink

~N

Well, try this then - http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc - or maybe just this http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/ Tongue

Not so sure about most members, though - but lets face it it's Xander's place - so quite obvious that his time zone is used for standard.

Oh, and if it's a tie - may I suggest that we just award both entries with the gold - instead of that stupid 'second round'?

Nicodemus Wrote:
.... it's not the olympics so it doesn't need to be too harsh.

Actually, I think if it were the would award both with a gold and bronze medal. If there was a prize involved it's a different story. But yes, not something i feel strong about - just don't want to see this run for another week. We have better things to do - than finding a exact winner.

Nicodemus Wrote:

Thommy H Wrote:

Seems like it shouldn't be Wink  I live in a province that doesn't follow daylight savings time however, so when I look up people's time zones I also have to think about what time of year it is and then google where they are to see if they're on daylight savings too... poor Hashut's Blessing can tell you stories of my lateness for podcasts Wink

As noted Xander lives in the EST, so we use this for contests as a basis.

~N

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's