CDO Forums

Full Version: 2011 releases rumours
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Orcs and Goblins - March (confirmed)
Grey Knights - April (confirmed)
Tomb Kings - May (confirmed)
Dark Eldar wave - June?
40k Fliers - July
Warhammer supplement/ expansion (August - Dec)
Tau Wave - Oct/Nov/dec

Vaguely rumoured things
WOTR starter set - ?
Ogre Kingdoms - August?
Necrons - October or 2012
Sisters of Battle - 2012

Fliers (models to be released):
Dark Eldar Raven and/or Eldar Night Wing (or possibly neither)
IG Hydra
Nid Harpy
+ loads of rules without models.

Tau Wave:
Plastic pathfinders, vespid stingwings and a revised Crisis Suit / Battle Suit

Warhammer supplement/ expansion possibly involving magic and monsters.
They are confirmed for April (on the back of march WD).

There are dozens (maybe hundreds) of pages of rumour discussion on GK on dakka and warseer.  Infact a slimline pdf version of the codex is already doing the rounds (not that the staff allow such things to be posted here of course).

It supposedly even has someone's handwriting all over it, so I presume it will be very easy to track down who leaked it.
A copy and paste from warseer.

IG Thunderbolt
CSM Hell Blade
Tau Remora
Ork fighta/bomma

With FW models instead. Some of these may already have models and/or rules.  I don't follow 40k stuff.
According to Beasts of War, Necrons are due within about 6 months, landing around July/August.
The Necrons date seems to be really confusing.  I've read August, but I've seen lots of mentions of October, some of Nov, and a lot of people saying it's first book next year.
Well, the fact that a book is coming out once a month for three months and there is mention of Necrons being redone, so I'd imagine it's this year and not TOO long after May, IMO.
I'm very interested to see what this rumored summer WHF expansion entails. I would really like to see GW produce some kind of campaign book (Storm of Chaos style) that would introduce us to a new part of the Warhammer World (far east?) that could pave the way for all kinds of exciting future releases. I still haven't forgotten those 'new army' rumors from about a year ago, and it would be really cool if the two were connected.

No doubt I just be disappointed though.

Quote:
It would be nice to see some Nipponese models, as there were hints from the past still around.
And that'd work for 'from the east'

Hope so. Wouldn't be surprised if Cathay and Nippon get a few releases. Fingers crossed Cheers!

Was personally hoping for some plastic Black Guard/Executioners this year but I suppose they're a while away yet...

Loki Wrote:
Will be happy if orges get a new book this year, got to love them big boys and the gut magic Big Grin

This phrase is scaring! Orgies? Big Boys? Looooooki!!!! Shock

Big Grin

Neil Wrote:
I'm very interested to see what this rumored summer WHF expansion entails. I would really like to see GW produce some kind of campaign book (Storm of Chaos style) that would introduce us to a new part of the Warhammer World (far east?) that could pave the way for all kinds of exciting future releases. I still haven't forgotten those 'new army' rumors from about a year ago, and it would be really cool if the two were connected.

How about a pirate army, they already got some models for it. Released previous year.

Baggronor Wrote:
Wouldn't be surprised if Cathay and Nippon get a few releases. Fingers crossed Cheers!

Neil Wrote:
I would really like to see GW produce some kind of campaign book (Storm of Chaos style) that would introduce us to a new part of the Warhammer World (far east?) that could pave the way for all kinds of exciting future releases. I still haven't forgotten those 'new army' rumors from about a year ago, and it would be really cool if the two were connected.

I'm afraid you're both set to be disappointed. Warhammer Seige is definitely in the works, but the (semi-reliable) word on the street is that it has been put back for an Apocalypse style expansion. The two may be blended together, but the only certain thing is that GW have decided not to do any more campaign books, it's too much of a fluff breaker and doesn't give them much in the long run.

I believe the rumour from Warseer is that the Warhammer expansion is going to be monsters - kits for the Transformation of Kadon spell, and probably stuff for characters to ride. Someone mentioned that you could pretty easily do a Chimera, Manticore and Griffon in one kit (i.e. lion body, different heads).
I can support the fact that siege has been in the works, as I heard years ago there is a finished chaos siege tower already and a battering ram.  Presumably they are in metal though, so I guess they would be redone now anyway.

I think the rumours were that more monsters and sorcerers would be painted, not necessarily that they were going to release more of them.  However, Harry also posted something about 'old friends' returning, which could be a re-release.  Finally, 75Hastings69 posted something about it being open to all armies.

Which would either not be true if it was a monsters and magic supplement (as dwarfs could use neither), or would suggest it is a simple development of all the other areas of rules (combat/movement/shooting) etc in some sort of supplement.  Like apocalypse.
Dwarfs would be pretty much the only army not able to use it though and I guess they'd get something to along the same lines as a counter. Like how Tyranids and footsloggers got stuff for Spearhead, even though the basic premise seemed to exclude them.

nitroglysarine Wrote:
True Pirates are kinda on the range, perhaps a mordheim meets man-o-war style game?

Warhammer Historical did/does Legends of the High Seas (LotR variant) which is a Pirate skirmish game. Seems to include rules for moving boats around too.

"I'm afraid you're both set to be disappointed. "

Nah, I meant from WF. Agree that GW will likely never do Cathay/Nippon, at least not in the foreseeable.
I think it's very likely that WF are going to be focusing on campaign supplements, much like IA for forgeworld. However, from what has been released they're booked up for the next 6-8 books, each of which will apparently focus on an aspect of Chaos and another race. Given it's taken Forgeworld this long to reach IA:X we may have a wait before the East gets explored.
It'll be something you have to buy but *cough* try searching Issuu.com; lot of Warhammer Historical supplements on there, courtesy of some Russian guy.

nitroglysarine Wrote:
COOOOL! That i didn't know!
Online rules or is it a buy rule book?

As mentioned, it's a "buy" book. Though you can do what I did, and "browse" a sample here:
http://www.warhammer-historical.com/acat..._Seas.html

that's how I saw there are rules for boats, pretty good "fake reading" program, or what ever it was

Thommy H Wrote:
It'll be something you have to buy but *cough* try searching Issuu.com; lot of Warhammer Historical supplements on there, courtesy of some Russian guy.

CDO obviously does not condone copywright infringment of any kind, just incase you're listening GW Legal. *wave*

Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's