CDO Forums

Full Version: [Otherworld Miniatures] Duergars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
And finally, Richard Scott at Otherworld Miniatures has be persuade/decided doing the Duergars.

Not exactly Chaos Dwarfs - but close enough for me. Far away from any Citadels, but those here (like me)  that like the more skinny Chaos Dwarfs from Grenadier, Essex and Metal Magic these here will certainly do. And match the old citadel duergars quite well, too.

First two from a set of three:

Hopefully there will be more than just these three. "DU1" - indicates that there will be more sets like we have seen with the hobgoblings, pig faced orcs and goblins.

I'm really looking forward seeing more of these.

Should be available around 18th May Happy - follow them here: http://z9.invisionfree.com/Otherworld_Mi...wtopic=506
I love the reinforced leather armour(what's that actually called?) on the one on the right. Classic miniatures staple.

inkpwn Wrote:
I love the reinforced leather armour(what's that actually called?) on the one on the right....

In the larp we tend to call it 'studded leather' sort of the stepping stone from leather to maille.

I like the new guys a lot  - not especially Duergar looking (imo) but nonetheless great stuff! Wink

I'm curious to see more and finished models! Cheers!

Hashut!
I agree with Zanko...excellent start here I look fwd to seeing how this line develops.

Blue
Yeah, they are great - and I hope there will be a lot more.

Zanko Wrote:
I like the new guys a lot  - not especially Duergar looking (imo) but nonetheless great stuff! Wink

I'm curious to see more and finished models! Cheers!

Hashut!

Well, I disagree with you here Zanko - as no. 2 is rather a rip off from the original artwork from the Monster Manual II:

And the first one comes close to these Citadel ones here:

But agree, don't look much like later edition AD&D - but that's what's so totally cool about Otherworld Miniatures. Richard makes the miniatures exactly as we remembered them - that's the cool thing about being 40 Wink

clam Wrote:
Well, I disagree with you here Zanko - as no. 2 is rather a rip off from the original artwork from the Monster Manual II:

I expressed myself inaccurate!

What I meant is that in my own imagination Duergar look different - not like they were painted/described in the D&D Monster Manual!

Bit like already mentioned awesome minis and worth to buy! Tongue Wink

Hashut!

Thought about doing some sculpting - I'd like to see how you picture them Happy
The last guy for the first set is previewed.

I'll be painting Duergars - right after recovering from my back surgery (due at Tuesday next week). No doubt about that. Big Grin

Estimated release date is 18th May. That will give me like 20 days to fully recover Wink
Kev has done a great job on these.

Good luck with the operation Clam.
Duergars are delay till 10th of June due to some casting delays. Pre-orders will ship as soon as the miniatures are in, so might turn up before the 10th.

If you haven't ordered any - now might be the time, as Otherworld has just announced their 20% off early summer sale - also appling to all announced pre-releases - like the Duergars. Might be the right time for getting some of the awesome OW miniatures Rolleyes
Clam,

thanks for the heads up...I may need to grab some of these as well as few Gobbos....they sure are sweet looking...off to drool on the website!

Blue
So at the moment I only see on pack on the "coming soon" page...did you just order two of those and assume they will send you all the different ones?

Blue
I could use a few of these for the D&D campaign I'm running. It won't be long before the players run into my Duergar dungeon. I do agree these look like the old-style Duergar from D&D but they don't seem evil enough. Not twisted enough for some reason. Maybe a colour scheme would help them. I dunno.

Blue in VT Wrote:
So at the moment I only see on pack on the "coming soon" page...did you just order two of those and assume they will send you all the different ones?

Blue

Only one pack of Duergars is currently available. When they are master cast - Kev Adams will start converting these and make one or two more sets. But wouldn't expect seeing them up for sale the first 2-3 months.

@GRNDL
Rather sure that a evil colour scheme will do a lot about it.

I just plonked a chunk O' $$$$ on some of their Kobolds for my campaign. Not to mention their Otyughs - CURSE YOU CLAM!!

Happy
Soooorry Rolleyes - but Richard Scott needs your money, so he can afford doing me more Duergars Tongue

And I'm sure you won't regret buying Sir John's awesome Koblods Big Grin
@Clam

I don't think I will either, they look very characterful. I pay have overdone it by getting the whole tribe, but it was on sale, sooooo.... Heh.  I was just cursing you in general for the posts on Clamshells and Seawhales for driving a collective interest toward them.  Now I wish I hadn't built an encounter in the campaign with 3 friggin' Otyughs.... Tongue

Their upcoming Drow models look nice too.
Reference URL's