CDO Forums

Full Version: Scenery in 8th
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hope you all enjoy, are inspired or utilise my ravings, this is the result of too much time and access to just a calculator and the Warhammer Rulebook.

Ok this is just a little something I thought I'd share after spending some time trying to work out mathematically what is really required for a full set of scenery based on the random terrain generator.

a full set would include:

2 x Hills (1 unique)
2 x Forests
2 x Rivers (1 bridge, 1 ford)
1 x Marshland
5 x Obstacles (1 each type)
2 x Mystical Monuments
4 x Buildings (1 watchtower, 1 complex)
2 x Arcane Architecture

So not content with just a list of what's needed, I then worked out the optimum order to build said scenery:

1 Forest
2 Building (watchtower)
3 Obstacle (fence)
4 Hill
5 River (ford)
6 Sinister Structure (mystical monument)
7 Magical Mystery (mystical monument)
8 Forest
9 Building
10 Obstacle (wall)
11 Steadfast Sanctum (arcane achitecture)
12 Marshland
13 Hill (unique)
14 River (bridge)
15 Outpost - Settlement of Order/Encampment of Distruction
        1 Building
        1 Complex (2 joined buildings)
        3 Obstacles
        1 Steadfast Sanctum/Sinister Structure (arcane architecture)

Some changes to the order of creation can obviously be made these are as follows:
2 - 3 are interchangeable however the need in senario 6 for a watchtower/building lends itself to be made first
4 - 5 can swap
6 - 7 can swap
7 - 8 can swap once 6 has been finalised
9 - 10 can swap
11 - 14 are all completely interchangable

Currently working on how theme my entire set around CD and the Badlands including signifiers for representation, for eg. I intend to make the mysterious rivers the "river ruin" with each of the differing types having a sign I can denote the sewer dump into.

I have others but would like to hear suggestions from those more creative than myself.

Cheers
Reference URL's