CDO Forums
Legion of Ravenswood [23.XI.2018 - 13th zwerg] - Printable Version

+- CDO Forums (http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Hobby (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Showcase & Army Blogs (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Legion of Ravenswood [23.XI.2018 - 13th zwerg] (/showthread.php?tid=10555)

Legion of Ravenswood [23.XI.2018 - 13th zwerg] - Ravenswood - 02-10-2012 02:53 AM

Hi!
So it is very-very slow painting blog of my LoA army. At first I do some test pieces for IG regiments.

Test  piece for fireglaive unit:

RE: Legion of Ravenswood - Zanko - 02-10-2012 02:56 AM

Looks awesome! Takes Hat off

Like the paint scheme and the painting style! Cheers!

Hashut!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood - DAGabriel - 02-10-2012 03:25 AM

Nice painting, subscribed. But why very, very slow?

RE: Legion of Ravenswood - Da Crusha - 02-10-2012 03:49 AM

Im a really big fan of the paint job. looks like NMM if im not mistaken?

RE: Legion of Ravenswood - Ravenswood - 02-10-2012 04:05 AM

2Zanko Thanks Takes Hat off
2DAgabriel Because I can't paint fast. Always want to do a little better.
2Da Crusha Thanks. I hope too that it's looks like NMM Happy

RE: Legion of Ravenswood - vulcanologist - 02-10-2012 06:46 AM

Looking great! I'm a very slow painter too... remember its the end result that matters or rather it's the end result that YOU'RE happy with that matters!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood - Pyro Stick - 02-10-2012 06:54 AM

That looks very nice. It reminds me of something out of bioshock for some reason. What other FW models are you planning on buying. I would really like to see some of the warmachines painted by you.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood - Ravenswood - 02-10-2012 07:57 AM

Pyro Stick Wrote:
What other FW models are you planning on buying. I would really like to see some of the warmachines painted by you.

I already have a Deathshrieker, Magma cannon and Iron Deamon, and I waiting for deamonsmiths. But casting quality of war machines make me cry. Need no less 30% resculpting of chassis, only crews and small things are ok.
At first i will do 10 man zwerge sized unit of Fireglaives and the Deathshrieker and maybe few conversions of hand weapon/shield or great weapon IG.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood - JonJon - 02-10-2012 08:44 AM

Ravenswood

Love the paint job,thanks for showing it to us.

You can complain to Forgeworld and get replacements call or email them

Welcome to forum
Jon

RE: Legion of Ravenswood - ryanamandaanna - 02-10-2012 01:54 PM

wonderful paintjob!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood - tjub - 02-10-2012 07:24 PM

Looks great!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood - Ravenswood - 02-13-2012 02:35 AM

Good news, everyone! ©
I grab bitz from Russian Alternative's barbarians: a dozen and half of weapons and shields. Three new conversions with this bitz what I did on weekend.

2jonjon I think it's too late to complain to Forgeworld. I already did some resculpting work on war machines.
2tjub, 2ryanamandaanna thanks

P.S. a question: what upgrades need on hobgoblins wolfriders? Spears? Shields?

RE: Legion of Ravenswood - Nicodemus - 02-13-2012 03:04 AM

Very good.... I look forward to checking in and seeing how things progress, all indications are that you're off to a great start with your Dawi'Zharr!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood - vulcanologist - 02-13-2012 07:28 AM

Really like your shields!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood - Ravenswood - 02-13-2012 07:42 AM

vulcanologist Wrote:
Really like your shields!

Thanks. It will be necessary to use alternative shields because many original FW shields too fragile. Commonly  it will be marauders shields, but it may be any other appropriate bitz, if I find them.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood - Wylfdd - 02-13-2012 12:57 PM

I really like axes and shields.
Where is the ax that is the hobgoblin wolfrider photo?
Hug!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood - Galladorn - 02-13-2012 01:16 PM

Ravenswood Wrote:
...casting quality of war machines make me cry. Need no less 30% resculpting of chassis, only crews and small things are ok...

Ravenswood,
I placed an order from forge world in the beginning of June, 2011.  It took me until later november 2011 to discover that my iron daemon had a few miscasts.  FW did a great job of sending me replacement parts.  Include your order number and a photo of the problem and FW will make it better.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood - dncswlf - 02-13-2012 01:16 PM

nice, i like your test piece.  and reworking the weapons seems a common thing with these guys.  Can't wait to see more of your work!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood - Alakihel - 02-13-2012 04:08 PM

Very impressive work dude !

But is the helmet on your fireglaive dwarf, an "original" head coming with the Infernal Guard or is it an aternative head ?
I looked forward to check for the alternative weapons and shields on the internet but no way to found it.
Do you have a like?

Happy

Cheers,

Alakihel.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood - ryanamandaanna - 02-13-2012 04:15 PM

I think it's a Chaos Knight head with the horns shaved off...

RE: Legion of Ravenswood - Alakihel - 02-13-2012 04:33 PM

Yeah, you're right, I've finally recognize it Happy , but are the dwarf heads at thesame size as generic human helmet ? I mean any, Chaos warrior head/helmet will fit on it ?
Thanks for the help.

Cheers,

Alakihel.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood - ryanamandaanna - 02-13-2012 06:25 PM

I don't know about Forge World specifically, but I've used Chaos heads with dwarf models quite a bit and they seem to work pretty well...

RE: Legion of Ravenswood - ChungEssence - 02-13-2012 08:24 PM

Great stuff.

Lovely paint job!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood - Ravenswood - 02-14-2012 01:42 AM

Some axes and shields from Russian Alternative's barbarians sculpted by Yellow One:
http://russianalternative.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14
http://russianalternative.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=36

2Alakihel Helms of chaos warriors is too small, only 2 or 3 helms of chaos knights have appropriate size.
2ChungEssence Thanks!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood - Zanko - 02-14-2012 03:38 AM

These shields are awesome - is there any possibility to get some of them?! Big Grin

Hashut!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood - Ravenswood - 02-14-2012 04:02 AM

Zanko Wrote:
These shields are awesome - is there any possibility to get some of them?!

I may ask the RA's HQ about it.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood - ryanamandaanna - 02-14-2012 11:13 AM

Zanko Wrote:
These shields are awesome - is there any possibility to get some of them?! Big Grin

I second that.  Those shields are amazing, but unfortunately I don't read russian...  Wink

RE: Legion of Ravenswood - Ravenswood - 02-14-2012 01:36 PM

2ryanamandaanna 2Zanko I spoke with Sergey (RA owner) and he say what he may produse little run of  shields and weapons for one of russian on-line store (http://toyarmies.com/catalog/72). I don't know about price but I think it don't be high.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood - Borador - 02-18-2012 03:33 AM

Spectacular paint job and nice work on those conversion! Looking forward to seeing more of these chaps together when finished, they look really good! Keep up the good work Ravenswood, I'll send you a slave to help with the painting!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood - Kera foehunter - 02-18-2012 09:44 AM

I think you did well with the Hobgoblin wolf rider !!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood - Ravenswood - 02-20-2012 09:27 AM

Musician and standard bearer for fireglaives unit. Second rank will be soon.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood - Ravenswood - 03-05-2012 02:39 AM

Good news, everyone! ©
I just finished the hobgoblin test piece. I greatly inspired of Veksi's sneaky gits so I choose same color scheme. I like how he looks but didn't like my painting speed. Need to seriously think about hiring professional painters.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood - vulcanologist - 03-05-2012 03:19 AM

Patience is a virtue! Don't worry how long it takes, that hobbo is superb! Paint them all to that standard and you'll have one of the best armies anywhere!
Painting an army yourself is what this hobby is all about in my opinion. Doesn't matter how it looks...you just should be proud to stand back and say I did that!
If you really are
Worried about how long your painting is taking though, just keep your rank and file a bit simpler and lavish your care on your command groups and front rank models.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood - Abecedar - 03-05-2012 03:36 AM

Like your stuff so far.  Some nice subtle shadings I wish I could match.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood - Ravenswood - 03-05-2012 05:17 AM

vulcanologist Wrote:
Patience is a virtue!

Patience is a virtue indeed but I am need to be realist. I cannot paint simplier and I try to find way to complete huge part of army for one or two years.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood - vulcanologist - 03-05-2012 06:46 AM

I cannot paint simpler either! My army's take a
Long time...but I believe anything worth doing is worth doing well!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood - Veksi - 03-05-2012 07:04 AM

Ravenswood Wrote:
Good news, everyone! ©
I just finished the hobgoblin test piece. I greatly inspired of Veksi's sneaky gits so I choose same color scheme.

Shock Good grief that's a lovely paintjob on a model!

About the speed, try painting three similar models per painting session and you'll see how much faster you paint when you have to do the boring similar models... You just want to get them done to paint something else Big Grin

I really appreciate your nod to me, I'm touched! Sad

Cheers!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood - Borador - 03-05-2012 08:01 AM

Looking very, very good! Concerning painting speed I'll have to go with what Veksi says. I don't paint this well (not even close TBH) but back in the day when I painted along the guidelines of a colour scheme I did 3-5 miniatures at the time. It really speeds the painting up, as you can continue on the first one once you are done with the last one! Happy

RE: Legion of Ravenswood - Ravenswood - 03-06-2012 02:37 AM

2Borador 2Veksi  Thanks! I'll try this method later on sneaky gits command group. Now I will concentrate on IG fireglaives unit and infernal castellan conversion.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood - tjub - 03-06-2012 12:29 PM

I love your Hobgoblin!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood - French_noodle - 03-06-2012 05:21 PM

Very nice paintjob on the hobgoblin, really cool Happy

RE: Legion of Ravenswood - Thommy H - 03-06-2012 06:48 PM

I thought I'd commented on this thread already but apparently not! Astonishing paintjobs - the metals especially are superb. I actually can't tell if they're NMM or NMM techniques with metallics, but they just look incredible. The subtle patterning on the Sneaky Git's hood is also really cool.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood - DAGabriel - 03-07-2012 02:46 AM

Agree, lovely Hobgob, may have to borrow the idea for a chamipon, i am too lazy to adopt it for a whole unit.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood - Ravenswood - 05-06-2012 04:02 AM

second

RE: Legion of Ravenswood - Grimstonefire - 05-06-2012 05:57 AM

What colours are you using for the brown/bronze part of the armour?

Awesome work btw.

Do you enter a golden daemon?  I think Poland would be your closest.  You would win something with these I'm sure.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood - Karring - 05-06-2012 03:21 PM

NMM, ravenswood? Cool! I love the results of that technic. Amazing. That CD remembers me "Grudge bearer", where CD armours was made of bronze.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood - Ravenswood - 05-06-2012 07:54 PM

2Grimstonefire I use black/orange (50/50) for the base then add Calthan brown more and more to the pure calthan brown. Then add little drop of bubonic brown and white. All a old citadel paints.
I think what GD more and more for the professional painters or the painting teams like MassiveVoodoo, not for hobbists (with exception of UK GD). Maybe I will participate on GD Italy in this year because I will be in Italy in same time. But I have no illusions.

2KarringThanks! Takes Hat off

RE: Legion of Ravenswood - brotsorrow - 05-06-2012 10:41 PM

NIce work man, those are some awesome skills. DOn't get down on the length of time it takes you. I just made a thread asking how to speed up the process and now i feel silly as my skillz do not compare to yours.

Also, can you keep us posted on the shields? I went to your friends site and unfortunately my Russian is a little weak.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood - CopperPot - 05-07-2012 03:05 PM

[quote=Ravenswood]
Hi!
So it is very-very slow painting blog of my LoA army. At first I do some test pieces for IG regiments.

Test  piece for fireglaive unit:

These are excellent, love the use of chaos knight head might have to steal this for my infernal guard.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood - Borador - 05-07-2012 04:52 PM

Second one is looking awesome! How do they rank up? I for one would like to see them together!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood - Ravenswood - 05-07-2012 05:39 PM

Borador Wrote:
Second one is looking awesome! How do they rank up?

Thanks! They rank up with no ploblems 'cause before paint first of them, I rank up first ten with 2 ranks with converted command group. 3rd will be very soon, only fireglaive left to paint.

2CopperPot Thanks!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood - Borador - 05-07-2012 05:57 PM

Interesting, looking forward to seeing more of your work!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood - Kronosv13 - 05-07-2012 07:49 PM

Real cool painting, I dig the grimy pale colour scheme, the chequered pattern on the hobgoblin is really good.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood - Vaftrudnir - 05-08-2012 01:45 AM

Infernally divine painting skills there mate.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood - Ravenswood - 05-09-2012 05:34 PM

A little addition: yesterday I visit little masterclass of Yellow One and look how he paint CD crewman skin. It's awesone and I try to copy that on my Mid Nor chasm warrior.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood - Karring - 05-09-2012 06:04 PM

skin looks great, Raven. I would add an ink wash to finish it, but it looks incredible.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood - Veshnakar - 05-09-2012 07:53 PM

Forgive me if it was mentioned already, but on the fireglaives bases, what exactly did you used for the buildup/lavarock on their bases? I love how it looks and I have been trying my best to achieve what you have already pulled off.

Thanks in advance.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood - Ravenswood - 05-10-2012 02:04 AM

I did bases from Magic Spulpt (or white Milliput, both are enough good for this case) and Vallejo sandy paste. If you want I may do a photos from the process, it's very easy.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood - CopperPot - 05-10-2012 02:08 AM

[quote=Ravenswood]
I did bases from Magic Spulpt (or white Milliput, both are enough good for this case) and Vallejo sandy paste. If you want I may do a photos from the process, it's very easy.

I would like to see this.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood - Sri'hc the Slavelord - 05-13-2012 09:14 AM

I LOVE your painting Ravenswood! Superb technique!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood - Ravenswood - 05-15-2012 05:37 PM

I did 3rd ad now will concentrate on crewmans and bases, I remember Happy

RE: Legion of Ravenswood - Kronosv13 - 05-15-2012 10:36 PM

Thy're gonna look great when they're ranked up together. great stuff.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood - brotsorrow - 05-16-2012 12:57 AM

The chest piece armour looks fantastic.... I am brown with envy Wink

RE: Legion of Ravenswood - beefcake - 05-16-2012 01:48 AM

The weathering to the armour is superb. I also really like the colour choice for it too.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood - zobo1942 - 05-16-2012 01:49 AM

That's the best looking FW model I've seen, so far.

Really, really good work.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood - Ravenswood - 05-16-2012 01:51 AM

2Sri'hc the Slavelord,brotsorrow Thanks!
2Kronosv13 I hope it will be soon. Thanks!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood - Borador - 05-16-2012 02:47 AM

Looks great!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood - DAGabriel - 05-16-2012 03:24 AM

Lovely one, want to see the first complete unit of them!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood - Ravenswood - 05-16-2012 05:46 AM

I try to use colors as in Tamurkhan of fireglaives unit but not are 100% satistfed.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [15.V.2012 - 3rd IG] - Stepper - 05-16-2012 08:38 AM

Sweet mother of Hasnut!!!!

Ok it's done....... i need the fw cd's now.

Uber painting skill matey ^^

Takes Hat off

Stepper

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [15.V.2012 - 3rd IG] - French_noodle - 05-16-2012 02:38 PM

Awesome painting job !

I am just a little less convinced by the base : brown as the armour.

However, an ash-grey base would be very classic...

How about something new ? Some dark green (such as charadon granit GW colour) with some yellow grass ? Just an idea..

Anyway: great Happy

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [15.V.2012 - 3rd IG] - Ravenswood - 05-17-2012 01:40 AM

French_noodle Wrote:
Awesome painting job !
How about something new ? Some dark green (such as charadon granit GW colour) with some yellow grass ? Just an idea..

I think plane of bones are lifeless so no grass in this bases. But green and violet acid ash will be.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [15.V.2012 - 3rd IG] - AGPO - 05-17-2012 07:35 AM

I can't believe I haven't commented on this thread before. Your NMM is the best I've ever seen, truly outstanding work Cheers!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [15.V.2012 - 3rd IG] - Ravenswood - 05-17-2012 04:22 PM

2AGPO 2Stepper 2Borador Thanks!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [15.V.2012 - 3rd IG] - Grimstonefire - 05-17-2012 04:27 PM

I'm inclined to agree with French Noodle.

The NMM is amazing, but using the same colours on the base doesn't really work imho.  If I am honest I think models of this quality deserve to have much better bases.

I'm rubbish really at painting up bases to a high standard, so I can't really suggest anything.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [15.V.2012 - 3rd IG] - Admiral - 05-17-2012 05:19 PM

I think the bases are good as they are, although I'd probably have added some dull green or yellowish static grass tuffs. Looking a second time I can see the clash of brownish base with the NMM armour. I'd definitely have added some grass tufts.

Otherwise, superb work all through!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [15.V.2012 - 3rd IG] - Naagruz - 05-17-2012 06:24 PM

Beautiful work!  Very inspiring.Takes Hat off

Regarding the CD base, you could run some yellow ochre pigment wash in the recesses/edges & stiple moss on the rocky parts for contrast.  20mm bases don't really give you much room to be cinematic.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [15.V.2012 - 3rd IG] - Veshnakar - 05-17-2012 07:15 PM

I am going to have to disagree with the consensus here and say I actually really like the coloration on the base. Suits what I imagine the turf of the dark lands to look like.

I think the clashing perhaps comes with the light coloration of the armor. I think it would settling a tad bit better if he was a little darker, but even still I am only saying that because it's the only critique I can muster. It looks incredible and you should be VERY proud.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [15.V.2012 - 3rd IG] - Ravenswood - 05-18-2012 02:40 AM

Thank you guys for the feedbacks! It was very important.
The bases of this CDs will represent plain of bones, the grim and lifeless wastes with many acid, rust and ashes. So I will reject any flora on this bases, but will add some green and violet color for representing unnatural ash.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [15.V.2012 - 3rd IG] - Bassman - 05-18-2012 05:12 AM

Are you going to paint an army to this level of quality? You're a mad, mad man!
But if you manage to do so you will have my full admiration.

I love the copper like effect of the main plates and the bronze effect of the shoulder guards! Love it!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [15.V.2012 - 3rd IG] - Admiral - 05-18-2012 05:15 AM

Yes, that purple ash works better with the NMM armour.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [15.V.2012 - 3rd IG] - Naagruz - 05-18-2012 05:18 AM

You painting with oils or acrylics?

Just curious.Cheers!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [15.V.2012 - 3rd IG] - Ravenswood - 05-18-2012 05:49 AM

2Bassman Yes, all army in this quality. I am more collector than gamer. If it will be as slow as now, I will hire a commission painter for painting part of the army.
2Admiral  Thanks!
Naagruz acrilycs

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [15.V.2012 - 3rd IG] - Veshnakar - 05-18-2012 07:33 PM

Any chance of you doing that tutorial on the base before painted? It's exactly the kind of ground I want to achieve.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [15.V.2012 - 3rd IG] - Ravenswood - 05-19-2012 04:54 AM

Veshnakar Wrote:
Any chance of you doing that tutorial on the base before painted? It's exactly the kind of ground I want to achieve.

I will do this in next 3 days.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [15.V.2012 - 3rd IG] - obelix - 05-19-2012 05:56 AM

Shock
you really know how to paint.......
holy s......
Takes Hat off

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [15.V.2012 - 3rd IG] - Ravenswood - 05-24-2012 05:10 AM

1 - I drill mini on 3 places: two legs and inner side is scalemail
2 - look the best position of mini on the base
3- I use magic sculpt and/or Milliput to sculpt the base
4 - use model knife and shaper to do the rock.

5-6-7 - find tht better position of mini on the base
8- Turn off mini for base and wait for putty dry

9 - use model knife to do final relief of the rock
10 - I add skull and sandy paste
11 - I drill hole for model's pins
12 - and I glue the pins

13 - now it ready for painting!
My English is bad, so if anyone may write better, please do it

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [24.V.2012 - about IG bases] - Jaakko - 05-24-2012 05:36 AM

Very nice tutorial! I also love the paintjob. Keep it up!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [24.V.2012 - about IG bases] - Karring - 05-24-2012 05:48 AM

Jaakko Wrote:
Very nice tutorial! I also love the paintjob. Keep it up!

+1. Great job, Ravenswood-as usual.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [24.V.2012 - about IG bases] - warh - 05-24-2012 06:15 AM

That's great!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [24.V.2012 - about IG bases] - Admiral - 05-24-2012 06:16 AM

Good tutorial. Saved in folder.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [24.V.2012 - about IG bases] - CopperPot - 05-24-2012 05:31 PM

How do you do the armour damage like on the inside shoulder pad.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [24.V.2012 - about IG bases] - Admiral - 05-24-2012 06:41 PM

CopperPot Wrote:
How do you do the armour damage like on the inside shoulder pad.

That's not damage, that's runes.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [24.V.2012 - about IG bases] - Veshnakar - 05-25-2012 10:50 PM

EXCELLENT tutorial! Looks like I need to pick up some milliput! I always use greenstuff and procreate! I love the rock look that you get with the milliput. Consider the idea borrowed sir!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [24.V.2012 - about IG bases] - Ravenswood - 05-26-2012 05:40 AM

THanks! Milliput (and Magic sculpt) is better for sanding and cutting, but more soft than Green stuff. Mixing it between is a good way to use their better characteristics.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [24.V.2012 - about IG bases] - vulcanologist - 05-26-2012 06:01 AM

More great stuff! Good blog this Ravenswood!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [24.V.2012 - about IG bases] - Veshnakar - 05-26-2012 12:15 PM

One more question though. The stuff on the bases is Milliput Fine White correct? Or is that magic sculpt?

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [24.V.2012 - about IG bases] - Ravenswood - 05-26-2012 02:02 PM

Veshnakar Wrote:
One more question though. The stuff on the bases is Milliput Fine White correct? Or is that magic sculpt?

50/50 exactly. BUT in my fireglaives unit some bases from Milliput only others from Magic Sculpt only and some from 50/50 Magic Sculpt/green stuff. I try to find the best way. I feel no principal difference but mixes is a little better IMHO.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [24.V.2012 - about IG bases] - Kera foehunter - 05-26-2012 03:14 PM

Thanks for the Good tutorial  You have great English too.
Kera

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [24.V.2012 - about IG bases] - Sri'hc the Slavelord - 05-27-2012 12:36 PM

Thanks for that. I would love to see step by step for your painting style more! Keep up the good work

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [24.V.2012 - about IG bases] - Loki - 05-27-2012 03:31 PM

Very nice paint job that you have done on these guys certainly looking forward to seeing what you do next.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [24.V.2012 - about IG bases] - Ravenswood - 05-28-2012 02:17 AM

Thanks! I will do little step by step when will I get time on it.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [24.V.2012 - about IG bases] - Naagruz - 05-28-2012 08:31 PM

Ravenswood Wrote:

Veshnakar Wrote:

50/50 exactly. BUT in my fireglaives unit some bases from Milliput only others from Magic Sculpt only and some from 50/50 Magic Sculpt/green stuff. I try to find the best way. I feel no principal difference but mixes is a little better IMHO.

Magic Sculpt is simply the best for basing in my experience.  Very similar to milliput (it even smells the same), but it's one of the cheapest putties & it has great properties.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [24.V.2012 - about IG bases] - Ravenswood - 05-29-2012 01:34 AM

Magic sculpt softer than others IMHO. But as I say earlier, no principal difference for bases.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [24.V.2012 - about IG bases] - Ravenswood - 07-04-2012 06:19 AM

Bad news and good news:
Unfortually I am too slow to compleet my Magmacannon for Golden Hat. Now it badly glued with partially painted crew Sad
And good news: I already got my first 3 k'daai and wait anothe 10 IG. And I paint another hobgobbo.

Crewman's back. Grey skin as descrited in the Tamurkhan's book.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [4.VII.2012 - Good news, bad news] - warh - 07-04-2012 08:30 AM

You would definitely have gotten my vote, it looks fantastic!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [4.VII.2012 - Good news, bad news] - gIL^ - 07-04-2012 10:16 AM

This painting is world class. You could win Golden Daemon with this stuff.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [4.VII.2012 - Good news, bad news] - Borador - 07-04-2012 11:21 AM

Insane painting. Cant wait to see it finished!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [4.VII.2012 - Good news, bad news] - DAGabriel - 07-05-2012 01:41 AM

Top notch work, good that you haven`t managed Golden Hat.
Think it is better if the 1st place isn`t away before competition. Cheers!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [4.VII.2012 - Good news, bad news] - Ravenswood - 07-05-2012 01:58 AM

Thanks guys!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [4.VII.2012 - Good news, bad news] - CopperPot - 07-11-2012 05:10 PM

When can we see your K'daai.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [4.VII.2012 - Good news, bad news] - nappo - 07-12-2012 02:21 AM

Really Excellent painting!
Keep up the good work!Cheers!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [4.VII.2012 - Good news, bad news] - Psychotherapist - 07-12-2012 02:41 AM

I love the skin tone. How did you manage to get such a result? Great paint job, I'm keen to see the rest of your army painted!!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [4.VII.2012 - Good news, bad news] - Ravenswood - 07-12-2012 06:17 AM

CopperPot Wrote:
When can we see your K'daai.

I want convert one of them. Others are ready to paint, but before I will complete the Magma cannon crew

2Psychorapist US Olive Drab (VMC), Base flesh (VPA) and final highlight with Iraqui Sand (VMC). And it's not a final, I already did purple and green shadows.

2nappo THanks!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [4.VII.2012 - Good news, bad news] - thrawn - 07-13-2012 09:25 AM

Ravenswood, that is some truly awesome painting! i can't believe your going to paint your whole army that quality level! it will take forever Happy

i love your colors so far, and the high quality of paint job. you mentioned in one post you went to yellow one's web site for ideas. do you have the link?

also, feel free to check out my army blog, thanks! Wink

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [4.VII.2012 - Good news, bad news] - Ravenswood - 07-13-2012 01:51 PM

No, Yellow One don't have his own site, only gallery on Photobucket. He advised me from time to time.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [4.VII.2012 - Good news, bad news] - Psychotherapist - 07-14-2012 12:58 PM

Ok thanks for the mini tutorial!!! Great job, keep going (and posting pics... Wink )!!!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [4.VII.2012 - Good news, bad news] - Animatone - 07-14-2012 01:23 PM

Incredible stuff Ravenswood! Best CD's I've seen to date. Can't wait the see more pictures, or better yet a complete regiment of your Fireglaives.

Question... Do you actually score and mark up your figures before you paint them to get that weathered effect, or just something you paint on?

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [4.VII.2012 - Good news, bad news] - Ravenswood - 07-15-2012 03:44 PM

Animatone Wrote:
Question... Do you actually score and mark up your figures before you paint them to get that weathered effect, or just something you paint on?

No, any scratches are painted with exception of original model's relief.

2Psychorapist Thanks!

New pics will be soon, I have something to show.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [4.VII.2012 - Good news, bad news] - DAGabriel - 07-16-2012 06:58 AM

Hurry up, we can`t wait. Why don`t you add scratches with a knife? Found it an easier way than painting them.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [4.VII.2012 - Good news, bad news] - Phédon - 07-16-2012 12:15 PM

Your Chaos Dwarfs are very nice, I love them ^^.

The colors are inspired by the 42 of Tamurkhan book, no ? I hesitated tu use it for my Infernal Guards, but yours are very better than I hope to do.

When do next will come ?

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [4.VII.2012 - Good news, bad news] - Ravenswood - 07-17-2012 02:11 AM

DAGabriel Wrote:
Why don`t you add scratches with a knife? Found it an easier way than painting them.

I don't think so. For me paint scratches is better because it simpler to paint and correct.  

Phédon Wrote:
The colors are inspired by the 42 of Tamurkhan book, no ? I hesitated tu use it for my Infernal Guards, but yours are very better than I hope to do.

Yes, but it not as good as I want. Other units will be in  little different color scheme.

I have problems with my camera, so new pics will be as soon as i can do good quality shots.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [4.VII.2012 - Good news, bad news] - Ravenswood - 07-19-2012 04:58 AM

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [19.VII.2012 - 2nd hobbo] - DAGabriel - 07-19-2012 06:11 AM

Now that is a sweet one! Great work and an inspiration ( meaning I think about what ideas I want to steal!)

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [19.VII.2012 - 2nd hobbo] - Karring - 07-19-2012 06:25 AM

Why is that hobbo drunk? Cheers!

Cool, Raven, as usual.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [19.VII.2012 - 2nd hobbo] - Borador - 07-19-2012 08:57 AM

Your painting skills keep amazing me! Awesome work

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [19.VII.2012 - 2nd hobbo] - fairoaks024 - 07-19-2012 09:01 AM

stunning painting

regards

jim

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [19.VII.2012 - 2nd hobbo] - Grimbold Blackhammer - 07-19-2012 09:40 AM

Aside from the clown-nose, I like it!!

Grimbold Blackhammer

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [19.VII.2012 - 2nd hobbo] - Ravenswood - 07-20-2012 02:25 AM

Karring Wrote:

He drunk 'cause hobgoblin's life short and hard. They have only 2 pleasures: alcohol and sadism)

In past weekend I visits another Yellow One's little masterclass (second time in this year). In this time he paint bronze NMM on scale armour. So I'll post pics once I have good results in this method.
Anybody want  a little tutorial about patina weathering?

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [19.VII.2012 - 2nd hobbo] - Skink - 07-20-2012 02:39 AM

Ravenswood Wrote:

Karring Wrote:

He drunk 'cause hobgoblin's life short and hard. They have only 2 pleasures: alcohol and sadism)

In past weekend I visits another Yellow One's little masterclass (second time in this year). In this time he paint bronze NMM on scale armour. So I'll post pics once I have good results in this method.
Anybody want  a little tutorial about patina weathering?

...Trust me, on behalf of the WHOLE community of this forum I can ensure you one thing: ANY tutorial from you is going to be much more than welcome. The more the better actually.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [19.VII.2012 - 2nd hobbo] - Borador - 07-20-2012 02:47 AM

Skink Wrote:

...Trust me, on behalf of the WHOLE community of this forum I can ensure you one thing: ANY tutorial from you is going to be much more than welcome. The more the better actually.

This, exactly.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [19.VII.2012 - 2nd hobbo] - Psychotherapist - 07-20-2012 03:54 AM

I confirm that considering your painting skills, any advice, any tutorial would be more than welcome!! Your hobgobelin is simply amazing!!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [19.VII.2012 - 2nd hobbo] - beefcake - 07-20-2012 04:10 AM

Mad I'm going to go a snap my paintbrushes. If I live to 1000 I will never paint that good.
That's amazing. The knives are great. I take it they are NMM?

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [19.VII.2012 - 2nd hobbo] - Ravenswood - 07-20-2012 04:56 AM

Thanks guys!

2Beefcake Yep, it is NMM

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [19.VII.2012 - 2nd hobbo] - DAGabriel - 08-21-2012 02:40 AM

Hi Ravenswood, nothing new? Did you find someone going to the GamesDay?

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [19.VII.2012 - 2nd hobbo] - CopperPot - 08-21-2012 04:57 AM

Very nice dude.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [19.VII.2012 - 2nd hobbo] - Ravenswood - 08-24-2012 03:42 AM

DAGabriel Wrote:
Did you find someone going to the GamesDay?

Sadly noSad

P.S. New things will be very soon, then I finish little side project

2CopperPot ThanxHappy

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [19.VII.2012 - 2nd hobbo] - Ravenswood - 09-17-2012 05:23 AM

I highly want to improve quality of my future Chaos Dwarf army. So I upgraded painting scheme on my four zwerg. I use black/orange base for 'bronze' armour instead of black/green. Also I add little dot of blue to the base color of the scale armour and completely change rust and patina painting scheme.
Also I do little experiments when I paint leather parts.

Yep, I know what I paint only four zwergs for half year. It's sad but I hope paint it faster in future.

More big pictures on Serpentarium

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [17.IX.2012 - 4th zwerg] - DAGabriel - 09-17-2012 06:55 AM

Another great one, I only get dizzy when I imagine you painting a horde of 40 and perhaps another 20 fireglaives for an army and some other odds and ends. Being 47 I fear I won`t live to see the completion of that army.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [17.IX.2012 - 4th zwerg] - Satan - 09-17-2012 07:19 AM

That is insane, esp. the freehand on his mask - I think you're the first person I've seen to do that, but it's a great idea.

As I'm about to start my own fireglaives I've gotta ask - how did you paint the fireglaive? What parts are intended to be made out of wood (if any)? I think it looks fantastic and just the way I'd want mine to look.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [17.IX.2012 - 4th zwerg] - warh - 09-17-2012 07:48 AM

Superb!
Here, have some  slaves!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [17.IX.2012 - 4th zwerg] - Ravenswood - 09-17-2012 07:56 AM

2Herby Thanks, but  I don't passed even the first cut on GD Italy 2011 :-( Maybe in next year I'll try again.

2GADabriel Yep, I hope this army will have fate diffefent from my big hat's army. But not all so bad. When Lynx returned from his honeymoon I'll give he some minis for painting.

2Satana Only stock may be wood IMHO. Other parts will be steel or bronze. For steel use 'German cam. back brown' (VMC) with little got of blue and white. For bronze - black/blazing orange (gw) for base and first highlight, when add Calthan Brown (gw) ans white.

2warh THanks!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [17.IX.2012 - 4th zwerg] - Veksi - 09-19-2012 04:42 AM

There's no words to tell how cool looking you made these miniatures! The atmosphere is very strong and I really like your choice of colours for these pieces. You sure have eye for detailsCheers!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [17.IX.2012 - 4th zwerg] - Ravenswood - 09-19-2012 06:06 AM

Veksi Wrote:
There's no words to tell how cool looking you made these miniatures! The atmosphere is very strong and I really like your choice of colours for these pieces. You sure have eye for detailsCheers!

Thank you! Colors are little different on each new mini 'cause I constantly look for better result. It is great fun for me, and I cannot wait to try different paint scheme of another regiment.

P.S. this zwerg now on the CMON Rolleyes

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [17.IX.2012 - 4th zwerg] - Vogon - 09-19-2012 09:52 AM

Ravenswood Wrote:
P.S. this zwerg now on the CMON Rolleyes

Well I've voted Wink

Cheers

Vogon

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [17.IX.2012 - 4th zwerg] - warh - 09-19-2012 10:23 AM

Got a 10 from me!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [17.IX.2012 - 4th zwerg] - Ravenswood - 09-20-2012 03:21 AM

Thank you all, I hope to surprise you again soon.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [17.IX.2012 - 4th zwerg] - CopperPot - 09-21-2012 01:46 AM

Just dont know what to say your work is just amazing dude what happened to your fireborn you were working on.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [17.IX.2012 - 4th zwerg] - Ravenswood - 09-21-2012 02:13 AM

Fireborns? They glued, based and manburner converted.My first priority - fireglaives squad and magma cannon.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [17.IX.2012 - 4th zwerg] - Ravenswood - 09-25-2012 03:20 AM

Yesterday I grabbed Castellan BSB convertion from Yellow One, nothing supernatural but I really like it. Unfortunatelly it has been damaged during transportation. Photos will be as soon as I repair it.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [17.IX.2012 - 4th zwerg] - gIL^ - 10-18-2012 09:53 PM

This threads worth a bump me thinks.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [17.IX.2012 - 4th zwerg] - Time of Madness - 11-03-2012 10:18 PM

Any update on this? I'm looking forward to seeing the bsb.
Time of Madness

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [17.IX.2012 - 4th zwerg] - imNOTgimliDAMMIT - 11-04-2012 12:00 AM

Just added a very small contingent of Chaos Dwarves to my Horde of Chaos army.  After seeing your growing army it makes me want to expand to an actual CD army.  Love your painting and conversions.  Keep posting pics!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [17.IX.2012 - 4th zwerg] - Ravenswood - 11-04-2012 03:51 AM

Sorry guys but I have problems with my camera. So no new pics 'til next weekend. Sad

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [17.IX.2012 - 4th zwerg] - Crucium Giger - 11-08-2012 08:08 AM

I'm floored by your painting, truly top notch

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [17.IX.2012 - 4th zwerg] - Ravenswood - 11-19-2012 03:11 AM

Problems with camera is fixed. So two conversions at first.

Castellan with BSB converted for me by Yellow One.

K'daai Manburner converted by myself

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [17.IX.2012 - 4th zwerg] - Da Crusha - 11-19-2012 03:51 AM

I really like the manburner idea.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [17.IX.2012 - 4th zwerg] - DAGabriel - 11-19-2012 03:57 AM

Great work on that manburner, wanna see him painted... asap or better now!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [17.IX.2012 - 4th zwerg] - Vogon - 11-19-2012 04:42 AM

Ravenswood Wrote:

K'daai Manburner converted by myself

Consider that idea "borrowed" Happy

Cheers

Vogon

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [17.IX.2012 - 4th zwerg] - Karring - 11-19-2012 06:00 AM

Nice conversions, man. I cannot wait to see them painted, given your god skill for that.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [17.IX.2012 - 4th zwerg] - Ravenswood - 11-19-2012 06:40 AM

Thanx guys!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [19.XI.2012 - little convertions] - Ravenswood - 11-24-2012 05:02 AM

First crewmanzwerg from upcoming Magma cannon. Technically he are the second painted crewman for this cannon but I'll repaint the first.
Who find a minor conversion?

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [24.XI.2012 - m.cannon crewman #1] - DAGabriel - 11-24-2012 05:34 AM

Can only repeat myself, great work. You are making an art out of the hobby.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [24.XI.2012 - m.cannon crewman #1] - Vogon - 11-24-2012 06:03 AM

<sad depressed voice> I hate you Sad </>

I'm always really proud of my miniatures when I finish painting them and then I look at threads like this one and realise just how bad I am.

Oh well I guess I'll just keep trying Happy

Once again a wonderfully painted miniature, I can't wait to see the finished product.

Conversion?  That belt buckle looks new and i'm sure there was no star of chaos on the shoulder of original.

Cheers

Vogon

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [24.XI.2012 - m.cannon crewman #1] - Admiral - 11-24-2012 06:34 AM

Vogon, why don't you get inspired instead by the stunning work of others? Seeing pictures like this always make me want to paint. It don't matter if I can't achieve the same high level, it's enough if I'm content with the result. Happy

Ravenswood, the painting is exceptional.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [24.XI.2012 - m.cannon crewman #1] - Kera foehunter - 11-24-2012 07:16 AM

Wow !! he a perfect

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [24.XI.2012 - m.cannon crewman #1] - Borador - 11-24-2012 07:58 AM

Awesome!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [24.XI.2012 - m.cannon crewman #1] - Skink - 11-24-2012 08:03 AM

Admiral Wrote:
Vogon, why don't you get inspired instead by the stunning work of others? Seeing pictures like this always make me want to paint. It don't matter if I can't achieve the same high level, it's enough if I'm content with the result. Happy

Ravenswood, the painting is exceptional.

Yeah, what he said. Word by word! Excellent work once again RavenswoodCheers!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [24.XI.2012 - m.cannon crewman #1] - Ravenswood - 11-24-2012 08:18 AM

Thank you all! Your coments motivate me paint more and more Takes Hat off

P.S. 2Vogon yep, buckle is sculped but star have on original mini

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [24.XI.2012 - m.cannon crewman #1] - warh - 11-24-2012 08:39 AM

Awesome!

The cloth looks really good!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [24.XI.2012 - m.cannon crewman #1] - Goltor Lintrepide - 11-24-2012 01:15 PM

Those Chaos dwarfs have the best skin color I have seen in a long time. I'll try to make the same color on mine.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [24.XI.2012 - m.cannon crewman #1] - Ravenswood - 01-06-2013 02:32 PM

2012 Result - 6 minis, 77 points and the shame

But work not stopped and new minis will be soon

And I promise you big surprise in 2013. Wink

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [6.I.2013 - 2012 result] - Skink - 01-06-2013 02:52 PM

big surprise from you? Hell yeah!!!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [6.I.2013 - 2012 result] - Kera foehunter - 01-06-2013 03:17 PM

Nice  love the color you use on the Hob goblins

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [6.I.2013 - 2012 result] - Grimstonefire - 01-06-2013 03:59 PM

Very nice, as always.  Any chance of some shots of that khorne lord I spot?

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [6.I.2013 - 2012 result] - Ravenswood - 01-06-2013 04:31 PM

@all,  Thanks!

@Grimstonefire, some early pics here. I'll post it when job will be done

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [6.I.2013 - 2012 result] - Yodrin - 01-06-2013 05:17 PM

fantastic painted!!!! and very nice color scheme !! Takes Hat off

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [6.I.2013 - 2012 result] - Kronosv13 - 01-06-2013 06:18 PM

Your army is building up to something beautiful, it's one thing to have a central model with whihc specific care, time and attention is given to; but you've been able, somehow, to to this to every model you produce... just jelousy and awe Takes Hat off

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [6.I.2013 - 2012 result] - Ghrask Dragh - 01-08-2013 10:20 AM

Its worth the progress for the quality, amazing stuff!

Can we get 5 stars on this blog please Cheers!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [6.I.2013 - 2012 result] - Ravenswood - 01-08-2013 11:03 AM

@Ghrask Dragh, @Kronosv13, thanks!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [6.I.2013 - 2012 result] - Borador - 01-08-2013 11:05 AM

Looking forward to all the pictures which are yet to come, your stuff is amazing!

@Grask Dragh: If you scroll down to the bottom of a forum page, you can rate a thread (bottom right) ;D

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [6.I.2013 - 2012 result] - Ghrask Dragh - 01-08-2013 12:13 PM

Thanks borador, I did it just after I posted that reply Happy

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [6.I.2013 - 2012 result] - ClawLeader - 01-08-2013 10:54 PM

Raven, you are an inspiring artist to look at. You make me want to work .even harder on my own projects, who pale mightily in comparison.

Damn fine, sir.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [6.I.2013 - 2012 result] - Ravenswood - 01-28-2013 02:22 PM

At first, @ClawLeader, thx!

At second: first in 2012 and 5th zwerg in my army

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [28.I.2013 - 5th zwerg] - DAGabriel - 01-28-2013 02:53 PM

That painting plan is ambitious! Can`t wait to see if you manage.
The 5th mini? Can only repeat myself: marvelous.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [28.I.2013 - 5th zwerg] - Ravenswood - 01-28-2013 03:44 PM

I know two cheats for this plan
- Chars costs far more points
- Not only I can paint my army =)

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [28.I.2013 - 5th zwerg] - Animatone - 01-28-2013 04:06 PM

COOLEST CD COLOR SCHEME/PAINT JOB EVER!

Ravenswood you need to finish off a unit and win yourself a Golden Daemon!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [28.I.2013 - 5th zwerg] - Yodrin - 01-28-2013 04:56 PM

Its just outstanding!!! Almost lost for words.....

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [28.I.2013 - 5th zwerg] - Ravenswood - 01-29-2013 03:19 AM

@Anymatone, thanks but I think what my skills not enough to win any Daemon. But I want to take some CDs on russian painting contest at the summer.

@Yodrin, thanx!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [28.I.2013 - 5th zwerg] - Abecedar - 01-29-2013 04:05 AM

very,very nice scheme. cohesive and very well painted,

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [28.I.2013 - 5th zwerg] - Jossy - 01-29-2013 04:30 AM

Brilliant work mate.
Your painting is amazing.

I know you have posted how you do the bronze, but could you also post up how you do the scales, the gold and the weapons?

Thanks

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [28.I.2013 - 5th zwerg] - Ravenswood - 01-29-2013 05:11 AM

@Abecedar, thanks!

@Jossy, do you want list of colors or mini-tutorial? If you want mini-tutorial  I can do it as a part of my next  big painting day (at this or next weekend)

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [28.I.2013 - 5th zwerg] - Malikos - 01-29-2013 06:38 PM

Amazing stuff. That gold, the bronze, the little bit of flame on the chain mail. Inspiring work.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [28.I.2013 - 5th zwerg] - Jossy - 01-30-2013 05:38 AM

Ravenswood Wrote:
@Abecedar, thanks!

@Jossy, do you want list of colors or mini-tutorial? If you want mini-tutorial  I can do it as a part of my next  big painting day (at this or next weekend)

Both! Your style is amazing and many wish to emulate you. Tutorials to help me learn to paint better are always appreciated.

I am trying to learn to paint NMM at the moment

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [28.I.2013 - 5th zwerg] - Ravenswood - 01-30-2013 05:49 AM

@Malikos, thanks but it is rust not flamesHappy

@Jossy, ok. List of colors:
Gold is very sipmle: Scorched Brown --> Bubonic Brown --> white - all old GW
NMM on the scales even simpler: German cam. Black Brown (Vallejo)-->white. In some cases I add very little dark blue or turqouise to base color.
Rust: Scorched Brown+orange wash + little orange dots.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [28.I.2013 - 5th zwerg] - Malikos - 01-31-2013 01:38 AM

Ah, well it still looks great!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [28.I.2013 - 5th zwerg] - Kera foehunter - 02-01-2013 07:18 PM

very nice, but with a guy that have raven in his name you expect it. Happy

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [7.II.2013 - 6th zwerg] - Ravenswood - 02-08-2013 02:02 AM

@Kera foehunter  o_O

I think 6th is better

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [7.II.2013 - 6th zwerg] - Yodrin - 02-08-2013 06:35 AM

I love this painting scheme, its also excellent painted!! Now we need to see a unit of those....

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [7.II.2013 - 6th zwerg] - Skink - 02-08-2013 12:37 PM

Seriously dude, reconsider about not entering the Golden Daemon. Cauz you would win

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [7.II.2013 - 6th zwerg] - veso - 02-08-2013 03:58 PM

No comment! Absolutely amazing

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [7.II.2013 - 6th zwerg] - Ravenswood - 02-09-2013 02:07 AM

@Yodrin, @veso, thanx!
@skink, I am very disappointed that it doesn't get to visit the GD Italy in 2012. If all goes well, I'll try to do it this year.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [7.II.2013 - 6th zwerg] - Grimstonefire - 02-09-2013 02:03 PM

If you want me to be brutally honest, the models themselves would certainly be up to Golden daemon standard, but imho the bases are not.

They look good enough for gaming and personal display etc, but not for golden daemon.  Not saying you should change them, but something to bear in mind if you are thinking about entering.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [7.II.2013 - 6th zwerg] - Ravenswood - 02-11-2013 01:27 AM

@Grimstonefire, of course this IG not painted in the display quality. If I'll participate in the seriuos painting contest with my CD, it would be something special.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [7.II.2013 - 6th zwerg] - Averrucus - 02-11-2013 04:47 AM

just scoped through the thread...what an amazing work of art!!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [7.II.2013 - 6th zwerg] - 14feet - 02-13-2013 03:04 PM

Amazing. Is there any way you would be willing to start a tutorial? I love you style. I like the nontraditional color scheme too.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [7.II.2013 - 6th zwerg] - Ravenswood - 02-14-2013 02:22 AM

@Averrucus, thanx!

@14feet, I have very little time to paint now. I'll write tutorial as soon as I have enough time.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [7.II.2013 - 6th zwerg] - Ravenswood - 02-18-2013 06:04 AM

Time to teaser!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [7.II.2013 - 6th zwerg] - Vogon - 02-18-2013 06:13 AM

That looks interesting Wink

Cheers

Vogon

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [7.II.2013 - 6th zwerg] - Kera foehunter - 02-18-2013 06:48 PM

Ravenswood Wrote:
Time to teaser!

still waiting for that tease.. you didn't show enough

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [7.II.2013 - 6th zwerg] - Ravenswood - 02-19-2013 01:38 AM

All as soon as production problems will be finished.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [7.II.2013 - 6th zwerg] - warh - 02-19-2013 10:02 AM

Good looking beard Big Grin

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [7.II.2013 - 6th zwerg] - GeofreyShank - 03-01-2013 11:05 AM

Ravenswood Wrote:
Time to teaser!

Ooh

Prophet?
Castellan?
...Lammasu?

Please be lammasu.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [7.II.2013 - 6th zwerg] - Ravenswood - 03-04-2013 01:40 AM

@GeofreyShank, nope, it's not a lammasu)

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [7.II.2013 - 6th zwerg] - NoisyAssassin - 03-04-2013 11:08 AM

*drool* Such pretty dwarves!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [7.II.2013 - 6th zwerg] - Ravenswood - 03-11-2013 01:36 AM

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [11.III.2013 - the bowhob] - DAGabriel - 03-11-2013 04:18 AM

Breathtaking lovely. How do you do the structure of the white cloth?

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [11.III.2013 - the bowhob] - Ravenswood - 03-11-2013 04:29 AM

Thanx. About cloth's texture: it's simply many very thin crossed lines

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [11.III.2013 - the bowhob] - Skink - 03-11-2013 11:47 AM

He really looks the way I depict Hobbos! Another amazing job!!!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [11.III.2013 - the bowhob] - Yodrin - 03-11-2013 11:49 AM

Omg, fantasitc!!!!! as usual.....

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [11.III.2013 - the bowhob] - Ravenswood - 03-13-2013 01:41 AM

@Skink, @Yodrin, thanx!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [11.III.2013 - the bowhob] - 14feet - 03-13-2013 02:40 AM

Ravenswood Wrote:
Thanx. About cloth's texture: it's simply many very thin crossed lines

WOW. This is incredible work. You are by far THE BEST WHFB painter I have ever seen. How do you get the thin straight fine lines? Please I must know your technique... I want to do this for my hobgoblins as well.

How long have you been painting? Do you paint other things besides minis?

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [11.III.2013 - the bowhob] - Ravenswood - 03-13-2013 03:45 PM

Thank you but there is no special technique or secret. Just tiny crossed lines.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [11.III.2013 - the bowhob] - The Besieger - 03-13-2013 04:58 PM

Super painting work in this Bolg Cheers!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [11.III.2013 - the bowhob] - Ravenswood - 03-18-2013 03:37 AM

@Besieger. thanx!

And te second hob with bow

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [18.III.2013 - the 2nd bowhob] - DAGabriel - 03-18-2013 03:47 AM

Great, you are getting faster, too! Like the base, the rest is superb as usual.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [18.III.2013 - the 2nd bowhob] - Ravenswood - 03-18-2013 03:49 AM

Thanx! It's all your influence xD

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [18.III.2013 - the 2nd bowhob] - Skink - 03-18-2013 12:22 PM

Another gob-smacking job dude!!! An absolute pleasure to look at. Love the bricks on the base.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [18.III.2013 - the 2nd bowhob] - Yodrin - 03-18-2013 12:59 PM

Sweet thing!!!!!!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [18.III.2013 - the 2nd bowhob] - Kera foehunter - 03-19-2013 04:46 PM

love the archer , but they need a hair cut

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [18.III.2013 - the 2nd bowhob] - warh - 03-19-2013 06:41 PM

Great work!
Textured cloth is something i've been doing aswell lately but I'm having problems getting my camera pick it up, do you have any recomended lighting setup or maybe I just need a new camera dead

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [18.III.2013 - the 2nd bowhob] - Ravenswood - 03-20-2013 05:16 AM

Thank you all!
@warh, mainly I use my 5 year old camera and one lamp. So I think I can't give any solutions. Maybe THIS tutorial from massive voodoo will be helpful.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [18.III.2013 - the 2nd bowhob] - warh - 03-20-2013 11:40 AM

Thanks, I will try to mess around with my photo setup.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [18.III.2013 - the 2nd bowhob] - gIL^ - 03-20-2013 12:18 PM

First time i noticed how long hobbgobs hair is.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [18.III.2013 - the 2nd bowhob] - Barth - 03-20-2013 01:37 PM

Your style of painting is awesome  Takes Hat off    love it <3

... and what with your sculpt wip?

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [18.III.2013 - the 2nd bowhob] - Ravenswood - 03-21-2013 01:01 AM

@Barth, Thanks! And it is not a WIP and not my work. This mini sculpted for me three months ago by our Serpentarium's new member, Yellow_One himself. So I show full photos as soon as casting process will be done.

So, time for second teaser:

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [18.III.2013 - the 2nd bowhob] - Soulassassin - 03-22-2013 05:16 AM

That looks awesome! Wonder what a Chaos Dwarf has in his portable chest of evil? Tongue Wink

Looking forward to seeing the whole thing!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [18.III.2013 - the 2nd bowhob] - Ravenswood - 03-22-2013 05:19 AM

Greed is Chaos Dwarfs second name Wink

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [18.III.2013 - the 2nd bowhob] - Ravenswood - 05-03-2013 06:52 AM

Drummer has painted a week or two ago. Standard will be next.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [03.V.2013 - drummer] - Yodrin - 05-03-2013 08:44 AM

Golden Deamen model (s) here they come!!! Fantastic!!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [03.V.2013 - drummer] - Khaas - 05-03-2013 09:14 AM

Such flawless execution is always worth the wait, well done.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [03.V.2013 - drummer] - kimal79 - 05-03-2013 09:23 AM

this is eye candy! beautiful works! Takes Hat offCheers!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [03.V.2013 - drummer] - Ravenswood - 05-03-2013 10:17 AM

Thanx guys! I hope to participate with this regiment in russian painting contest at late June.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [03.V.2013 - drummer] - kimal79 - 05-03-2013 10:40 AM

good luck, think it is mind blowing good work.. hope you win it!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [03.V.2013 - drummer] - Skink - 05-03-2013 11:31 AM

Splendid! Still, I'd like to know what are those greens you showed on the previous page.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [03.V.2013 - drummer] - Ravenswood - 05-03-2013 11:56 AM

Skink Wrote:
Splendid! Still, I'd like to know what are those greens you showed on the previous page.

@Skink, just for you)

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [03.V.2013 - drummer] - nicque-ta-mare - 05-03-2013 12:15 PM

Amazing!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [03.V.2013 - drummer] - Skink - 05-03-2013 12:22 PM

Oh come on! Show us this Taur'ruk already (because he's a Bull Centaur isn't him?)

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [03.V.2013 - drummer] - Ravenswood - 05-03-2013 12:31 PM

Nope, it is not bull centaur)

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [03.V.2013 - drummer] - Yodrin - 05-03-2013 02:40 PM

Its a lord or bsb

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [03.V.2013 - drummer] - Skink - 05-03-2013 03:13 PM

2nd guess, is it a K'daai? Maybe Destroyer?

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [03.V.2013 - drummer] - Ravenswood - 05-03-2013 03:17 PM

Cmon, stop it) I show full photos soon. Finding good caster not as easy as I think.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [03.V.2013 - drummer] - Kera foehunter - 05-03-2013 04:40 PM

Can i ask you  Ravenwood how long does it take you to paint one of your figures?

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [03.V.2013 - drummer] - Ravenswood - 05-03-2013 05:02 PM

Kera foehunter Wrote:
Can i ask you  Ravenwood how long does it take you to paint one of your figures?

I think around 10-12 hours work per mini. Can't say more precisely

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [03.V.2013 - drummer] - Karring - 05-04-2013 05:13 AM

Gorgeus, as usual. I like the effect on the drum.

Niiiiiiiiice, Raven!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [06.V.2013 - sbearer WIP] - Ravenswood - 05-06-2013 10:55 AM

Little update - standard bearer WIP

Now this mini reconverted into 100% GW bits

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [06.V.2013 - sbearer WIP] - Skink - 05-06-2013 11:47 AM

Sweet! Every update from you is more than welcome! I actually dig his axe, why you reconverted him to 100% GW?

EDIT: I read your previous post. You want to enter into a Golden Daemon right?

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [06.V.2013 - sbearer WIP] - Ravenswood - 05-06-2013 12:11 PM

Yes, if I can convince my Serpentarium friends visit GD Italy instead of Monte San Savino Happy

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [06.V.2013 - sbearer WIP] - Soulassassin - 05-07-2013 02:36 AM

Standard bearer looks cool, really like the lighting effects from the taurus head Takes Hat off

quick question (with maybe a long answer): how do you go about creating the fine lines of wear/damage on the armor? I am guessing you do them last, after all the other highlights. Do you water down the paint much or do you just use a really fine brush?

Truly inspiring work, eager to see more (and maybe learn Wink)

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [06.V.2013 - sbearer WIP] - Bad Gram Northern - 05-07-2013 03:41 AM

that's just awesome! could you tell me what colours you've used?

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [06.V.2013 - sbearer WIP] - Ravenswood - 05-07-2013 06:41 AM

@Soulassassin, nope, all lines I do in the process of highlighting. Lines must be one-two tones lighter than color under them.

A part of my unfinished guide of Iron Warriors armor (there only two colors - german cam. black brown and white):

@Bad Gram Northern,
Dark Bronze: Black, Orange, Calthan brown, Bubonic brown, white
Steel: Greman cam. black brown, Turquise, white
Gold: Scorched brown, Bubonic brown, white

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [21.V.2013 - 8th] - Ravenswood - 05-21-2013 03:11 AM

8th zwerg finally done, 9th compleet on 90%. A I already tested color scheme for next unit, it will be much better Happy

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [21.V.2013 - 8th] - Soulassassin - 05-21-2013 03:32 AM

As always a crazy-good paint job, it looks so realistic! Like the "open" pose that this model has, you get to see more of the model when he hold the Fireglaive that way.

Many thanks for the tutorial BTW Cheers!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [21.V.2013 - 8th] - DAGabriel - 05-21-2013 03:46 AM

Hey, you are starting to sprint! Will do most of my commenting with 9ses and 10ses on cmon.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [21.V.2013 - 8th] - Ravenswood - 05-21-2013 03:57 AM

@Soulassassinl, thanx!
@DAGabriel So I try to finish this unit before end of June. Want to participate with them on Crystal Hammer'13. I will do better quality photos after competition's end.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [21.V.2013 - 8th] - Yodrin - 05-21-2013 07:46 AM

Thats just SUPERB!!!!!

Fantastic looking mate!!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [21.V.2013 - 8th] - Willmark - 05-21-2013 08:40 AM

Ravenswood got my vote for best hobbyist, this stuff is awesome, keep it up.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [21.V.2013 - 8th] - Ravenswood - 05-21-2013 08:51 AM

@Yodrin, @Willmark, Thanks!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [21.V.2013 - 8th] - Khaas - 05-21-2013 09:32 AM

Beautiful work as usual, can't wait to see the entire force assembled.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [21.V.2013 - 8th] - Borador - 05-21-2013 01:48 PM

Ridiculously well done!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [28.V.2013 - 9th] - Ravenswood - 05-28-2013 03:51 AM

@Khaas, @Borador, thanx!

and 9th is done.

other views on Serpentarium
voting on CMON

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [21.V.2013 - 8th] - Vogon - 05-28-2013 03:53 AM

I think we're in need of a group so far shot.

These are looking awesome Happy

Cheers

vogon

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [21.V.2013 - 8th] - Ravenswood - 05-28-2013 04:00 AM

Vogon Wrote:
I think we're in need of a group so far shot.

Thanks! After I paint the champion I'll do the display base and good photos for coomand group and all unit.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [28.V.2013 - 9th] - Willmark - 05-28-2013 10:57 AM

Ravenswood Wrote:
@Khaas, @Borador, thanx!

and 9th is done.

other views on Serpentarium
voting on CMON

GOOD HOLY HASHUT THAT THING IS FREAKING AWESOME!

Now that I've calmed down, have some slaves.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [28.V.2013 - Icon bearer] - Skink - 05-28-2013 12:57 PM

Freaking. I mean freaking awesome. The glow on the standard's eyes is disturbingly realistic (doesn't sound like a compliment but trust me, it is). Has he got a WOODEN standard? Also, just one more Fireglaive to complete the unit right?

And for all the saints in heaven, PLEASE STOP POSTING TEASERS, I DON'T WANT GREENS I WANT THE COMPLETE MINIWink! Seriously, it looks fantastic and I'm super curious.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [28.V.2013 - Icon bearer] - Goltor Lintrepide - 05-28-2013 01:14 PM

Simply beautyful.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [28.V.2013 - Icon bearer] - Ravenswood - 05-28-2013 01:20 PM

Skink Wrote:
Only one more to complete the unit right?

Yep, only champion left. Next will be 20 strong unit with hand weapons and shields.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [28.V.2013 - Icon bearer] - Topota - 05-28-2013 01:22 PM

Mother of Hashut!!! this standar bearer are awesome!! and this effects of the bull head........amazing work Big Grin

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [28.V.2013 - Icon bearer] - DAGabriel - 05-28-2013 01:25 PM

CMONed you, love him, 10ed him. Perhaps it is the pic, but for zenithal lighting the boots  seem a touch too bright and they are the least weathered part? On the other hand, perhaps he has a female streak with new and bright shoes?

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [28.V.2013 - Icon bearer] - NoisyAssassin - 05-28-2013 02:58 PM

...wow

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [28.V.2013 - Icon bearer] - Borador - 05-28-2013 03:13 PM

Insane

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [28.V.2013 - Icon bearer] - Yodrin - 05-28-2013 04:35 PM

Holy Moly!!!!!!!!!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [28.V.2013 - Icon bearer] - khedyarl - 05-28-2013 08:04 PM

Be right back, hitting everything I've ever painted with hammers.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [28.V.2013 - Icon bearer] - Khaas - 05-28-2013 08:40 PM

Love the standard bearer as usual, the OSL on the eyes is a beautiful touch. Subtle and very effective.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [28.V.2013 - Icon bearer] - Ravenswood - 05-29-2013 02:29 AM

Thank you all!
And a little bonus:

Actualy it is not part of my army but a part of my collection. Painted by Yellow_One.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [28.V.2013 - Icon bearer] - Ghrask Dragh - 05-29-2013 03:50 AM

Very cool, the standard bearer is done so well id love to see you take on a big mini, like Taurus or centaur.

Incredible.

Hats off yellow one too, great skin, is it tatooed?

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [28.V.2013 - Icon bearer] - Yodrin - 05-29-2013 03:53 AM

Very nice again!!! But thats expected comming from youHappy

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [28.V.2013 - Icon bearer] - Abecedar - 05-29-2013 10:59 PM

Sighs .... and dreams of painting something / anything as awesome as these are.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [28.V.2013 - Icon bearer] - obelix - 05-30-2013 09:11 AM

i just can find one word for that PERFECT!

Takes Hat off

woul sell my soul to be half that good dead

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [28.V.2013 - Icon bearer] - Gunnerson - 05-30-2013 11:11 AM

obelix Wrote:

Takes Hat off

woul sell my soul to be half that good dead

... I just happen to have a contract.  Happy

But seriously I love the work and aspire to 1/10 of your greatness! Takes Hat off and a tall one on me! Cheers!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [28.V.2013 - Icon bearer] - Ravenswood - 05-30-2013 03:24 PM

Come on guys, it is not so tough. I can show how to do it to any painter if we be in one town. From 1/06 to 9/06 I will be in Zadar, Croatia. and in October I will be in Modena, Italy or in Warsaw, Poland.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [28.V.2013 - Icon bearer] - Gunnerson - 05-30-2013 03:55 PM

Ravenswood Wrote:
Come on guys, it is not so tough. I can show how to do it to any painter if we be in one town. From 1/06 to 9/06 I will be in Zadar, Croatia. and in October I will be in Modena, Italy or in Warsaw, Poland.

Lemmie know when you hit the Salem/Portland Oregon area!Takes Hat off

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [14.VI.2013 - Champion WIP] - Ravenswood - 06-14-2013 03:29 PM

Ahoy! The champion is ready to paint

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [28.VI.2013 - Champion] - Ravenswood - 06-27-2013 04:50 AM

At last, unit champion!

Better photos of all this unit will be after competition end.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [28.VI.2013 - Champion] - DAGabriel - 06-27-2013 04:52 AM

Very cool and a time traveller, too! (Today should be the 27th or am I getting my time zones awry?)
Has got the potential to become a great sorcerer-prophet?

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [27.VI.2013 - Champion] - Ravenswood - 06-27-2013 04:55 AM

@DAGabriel, fixed)

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [27.VI.2013 - Champion] - Yodrin - 06-27-2013 05:03 AM

Amazing!!!!!! Stunning work as always!!!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [27.VI.2013 - Champion] - Ghrask Dragh - 06-27-2013 05:12 AM

Big Grin

This is getting silly now, fantastic again.

Although still haven't seen what that green clue was or anything in the way of a large miniature....

Once again I can't wait to see whats next, great stuff rav' Takes Hat off

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [27.VI.2013 - Champion] - Borador - 06-27-2013 01:28 PM

Stellar!
Good luck with the competition (though I can hardly imagine you will have any Tongue Wink )

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [27.VI.2013 - Champion] - Skink - 06-27-2013 01:36 PM

Saweeeet! Can't wait to see the group pics! And as Ghrask Dragh says SHOW THAT BLOODY GREEN ALREADY! I'm frying with curiosity Happy.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [27.VI.2013 - Champion] - Ravenswood - 06-28-2013 02:33 AM

Thank you all!

@Skink, please be patient, casting process already begun. I will reveal photos of master model once I receive casts. Unfortunately, mini will be in resin.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [30.VI.2013 - Bezhukk!] - Ravenswood - 06-30-2013 12:43 PM

So I am very proud to show you first mini from my own miniature line.
Welcome Bezhukk the Immortal!
Sculted by Yellow_One
Concept art by Igorvet

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [27.VI.2013 - Champion] - Borador - 06-30-2013 12:45 PM

That looks utterly amazing, can't wait to see how you will paint it

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [30.VI.2013 - Bezhukk!] - DAGabriel - 06-30-2013 01:48 PM

Love him, great sculpting!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [30.VI.2013 - Bezhukk!] - Grimstonefire - 06-30-2013 05:23 PM

Great model.  I'll buy one.

Where will you be selling these?

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [30.VI.2013 - Bezhukk!] - Ravenswood - 06-30-2013 05:33 PM

Grimstonefire Wrote:
Where will you be selling these?

I don't know yet, I'm searching guys who will sell them. Presumably it will be mrs-velard on e-bay and toyarmies.com

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [30.VI.2013 - Bezhukk!] - tjub - 07-01-2013 01:35 AM

Great sculpt!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [30.VI.2013 - Bezhukk!] - Skink - 07-01-2013 03:17 AM

He's the best CD I've seen. Seriously. The amount and quality of detail on such a small miniature is mind blowing.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [30.VI.2013 - Bezhukk!] - Ravenswood - 07-01-2013 03:45 AM

Thanx!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [30.VI.2013 - Bezhukk!] - Vogon - 07-01-2013 03:56 AM

You'll have to let us know when (and where) they go on sale.

Cheers

Vogon

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [30.VI.2013 - Bezhukk!] - Veshnakar - 07-01-2013 03:23 PM

Take. My. Money.  

Please sell this mini. If not just for me please!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [30.VI.2013 - Bezhukk!] - Averrucus - 07-01-2013 08:17 PM

astonishing.

just added  mrs-velard to my sellers list, can't wait!!

so many wonderfull minis from Russia for the Chaos Dwarfs...great!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [30.VI.2013 - Bezhukk!] - Ravenswood - 07-02-2013 02:04 AM

Thank you all!
Now I started paint the 'box-art'. Some photos of the casts will be at weekend.
And thanks again to Igorvet, who draw another version of his Immortal, especially for this project.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [30.VI.2013 - Bezhukk!] - Ravenswood - 07-10-2013 03:29 AM

Good news everyone! ©

My unit win the "fantasy unit" competition on Crystal Hammer 2013
More big photos on Serpentarium
CMON: Rank-and-File and Command Group

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [10.VII.2013 - fireglaive unit photos] - Vogon - 07-10-2013 03:34 AM

Congratulations.

A well deserved win I think.

I have been watching this thread with great interest and think you have a skill level I aspire to but know I have not the time nor talent to achieve.

Cheers

Vogon

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [10.VII.2013 - fireglaive unit photos] - Bolg - 07-10-2013 05:16 AM

What a unit! stunning!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [10.VII.2013 - fireglaive unit photos] - Ravenswood - 07-10-2013 05:17 AM

@Vogon, @Bolg, Thanx! I hope new unit will be better.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [10.VII.2013 - fireglaive unit photos] - Goltor Lintrepide - 07-10-2013 10:49 AM

My god! You sire deserve a bunch of slaves! Those infernal guards simply are fantastic! Takes Hat off

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [10.VII.2013 - fireglaive unit photos] - DAGabriel - 07-11-2013 06:36 AM

+1, slaves sent!
On the other hands a unit of 20 or 30 would be much more impressive ;-))) ?????

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [10.VII.2013 - fireglaive unit photos] - Ravenswood - 07-11-2013 06:47 AM

@Yawarakaimatsuka, @DAGabriel, Thank you!
Yep I know what 10 man zwerg unit is vey small. In future I want paint another 10 and optional champion with pistol. But I think what big hand weapon/shield unit is more important now.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [10.VII.2013 - fireglaive unit photos] - BABIS - 07-11-2013 08:57 AM

Ravenswood Wrote:
@Yawarakaimatsuka, @DAGabriel, Thank you!
Yep I know what 10 man zwerg unit is vey small. In future I want paint another 10 and optional champion with pistol. But I think what big hand weapon/shield unit is more important now.

you should paint a war machine Wink

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [10.VII.2013 - fireglaive unit photos] - Yodrin - 07-13-2013 02:35 PM

Amazing unit, well deserved - GZ!!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [10.VII.2013 - fireglaive unit photos] - Ghrask Dragh - 07-14-2013 04:09 AM

Soooooo impressive when you see them as a unit, really great job buddy, can't think what army like this would look like.... can't quite comprehend it Happy

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [15.VII.2013 - new horisons] - Ravenswood - 07-15-2013 03:10 AM

After I finished the first unit in my army, there was a question about the color scheme. I would like the units differed, but kept the close colors.
For the next unit I chose the red bronze / copper armor instead of dark bronze, leaving the remaining elements of the same color. So, I decided that the small freehands should be mandatory for all zwergs.
Also given the many comments, I decided to add the flames and lava on the bases.
So this is test piece:

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [15.VII.2013 - new horisons] - Vogon - 07-15-2013 03:51 AM

Looks awesome.  

I do like the new base though I'd personally go for just the lava and move it to the front.

Cheers

Vogon

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [15.VII.2013 - new horisons] - Skink - 07-15-2013 04:28 AM

Hey it looks epic dude! All changes look ace Big Grin

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [15.VII.2013 - new horisons] - Grimstonefire - 07-15-2013 01:34 PM

I would second what vogon said, I'd just stick to lava.  It's much easier to paint well than flames.

Looking awesome though.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [15.VII.2013 - new horisons] - Yodrin - 07-15-2013 01:36 PM

As always brilliant!! Like lave base change!!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [15.VII.2013 - new horisons] - Ravenswood - 07-15-2013 02:24 PM

Thanx guys!
About lava ans flames: I will use them both 'cause I want learn how sculpt and paint them very well. It will be need for more serious paintworks in future.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [15.VII.2013 - new horisons] - Vogon - 07-15-2013 03:11 PM

Ravenswood Wrote:
Thanx guys!
About lava ans flames: I will use them both 'cause I want learn how sculpt and paint them very well. It will be need for more serious paintworks in future.

Well in my opinion you've got the lava down to a T already, both sculpt and paint.

Cheers

Vogon

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [15.VII.2013 - new horisons] - Sticklander - 07-15-2013 04:58 PM

I paint slow enough as it is, I don't want to imagine how long it would take you to paint one model in such detail! Looks great! Big Grin

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [15.VII.2013 - new horisons] - Borador - 07-17-2013 04:39 AM

Great stuff, I think I like this new colour scheme even more than the old one! Keep it up mate!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [15.VII.2013 - new horisons] - Ravenswood - 10-01-2013 06:55 PM

Oh, so many time passed(
Al first, Yellow_One painted another limited hellsmith for me. In this time on a gaming base.
So it is first commission mini in my army, but not last.

And big photos in Serpentarium

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [2.X.2013 - hellsmith by Yellow_One] - ClawLeader - 10-01-2013 07:35 PM

Just awesome, superb work! Wish I was that good!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [2.X.2013 - hellsmith by Yellow_One] - Yodrin - 10-01-2013 09:29 PM

Awesome!!!! Its clearly the best painted unite of CD on this forum, easily!!!!!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [2.X.2013 - hellsmith by Yellow_One] - Bloodbeard - 10-02-2013 12:10 AM

This is insane. Never seen armour painted as good as this.

Never liked the FW infernal guard minis. They habe too little detaiæ and all look alike.

That is no longer my opion.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [2.X.2013 - hellsmith by Yellow_One] - Zanko - 10-02-2013 02:40 AM

Awesome paintjob! Kudos! Takes Hat off

I'm quite breathless- nothing more to say!

PS: Btw I saw the model on your Serpentarium site, just brilliant too! But in German you have to write "Chaoszwerg"! Wink

Hashut!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [2.X.2013 - hellsmith by Yellow_One] - Nicodemus - 10-02-2013 03:52 AM

Wow. I'm totally floored at how amazing your models look. Bloody fantastic, any chance you could post a video how-to for the rest of us schlubs?  Takes Hat off

~N

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [2.X.2013 - hellsmith by Yellow_One] - Willmark - 10-02-2013 07:04 AM

This blog is the reason why I voted for Ravenswood for best hobbyist.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [2.X.2013 - hellsmith by Yellow_One] - Ravenswood - 10-02-2013 07:15 AM

Nicodemus Wrote:
any chance you could post a video how-to for the rest of us schlubs? 

I think what it is impossible simply because I have no one, who can do good quality video Sad

@Zanko, fixed Wink

Thank you all!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [2.X.2013 - hellsmith by Yellow_One] - Ravenswood - 10-14-2013 12:57 PM

Hi there!
Will anyone go to the Hussar 2013 in Warsaw  this Saturday? I will bring dozen of my Bezhukks for sale.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [14.X.2013 - a question] - Barth - 10-14-2013 01:21 PM

more pics please Shock

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [14.X.2013 - a question] - Yodrin - 10-14-2013 02:03 PM

Barth Wrote:
more pics please Shock

Yea, more pics!!!!! please.......

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [2.X.2013 - hellsmith by Yellow_One] - Zanko - 10-14-2013 03:17 PM

Ravenswood Wrote:

Can you post a pic of the whole miniature?!?! Big Grin

Looks awesome! Takes Hat off

Hashut!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [14.X.2013 - a question] - Ravenswood - 10-14-2013 03:59 PM

About another pics (without sepia filter:-))
Tomorrow I will go to HopeRiver for get box-art photos of Bezhukk. So good quality pics of painted one and the castings will be very soon.
Stay turned!

P.S. if anyone will be in Warsaw this weekend, you can meet me at Hussar painting competition Happy

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [14.X.2013 - a question] - GeofreyShank - 10-15-2013 03:51 AM

Any chance of us non travelling folk ever getting one of these brilliant minis?

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [14.X.2013 - a question] - Nicodemus - 10-15-2013 04:16 AM

GeofreyShank Wrote:
Any chance of us non travelling folk ever getting one of these brilliant minis?

+1

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [14.X.2013 - a question] - Admiral - 10-15-2013 04:33 AM

Cast and sell it, or else you'll miss most of the market. The miniature is perfect. If you don't want to handle the casting and sales part, then perhaps Russian Alternative would be interested in it as a Dwarfs of Fire Canyon hero?

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [14.X.2013 - a question] - Aaroon42 - 10-15-2013 07:46 AM

IF this goes up on Mrs_Vrelard (or whatever the ebayer was) I'm deffinately in for one.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [14.X.2013 - a question] - Ravenswood - 10-15-2013 08:07 AM

Oh, my bad. Of course casts will be on e-bay very soon . On next week, I think. So all who need this mini can buy it.

@Aaroon42, yep mrs_velard
P.S. unfortunately RA refused any relations and cooperation with me(

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [14.X.2013 - a question] - Odiriuss - 10-17-2013 12:19 PM

This is just stunning,i was planning on starting a CD army and this thread just pushed me over the edge...Anyone know where can i find those hobgoblin minis,can't recall seeing them anywhere...

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [16.X.2013 - BEZHUKK preview] - Ravenswood - 10-17-2013 01:27 PM

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [14.X.2013 - a question] - Admiral - 10-17-2013 02:05 PM

Ravenswood Wrote:
Oh, my bad. Of course casts will be on e-bay very soon . On next week, I think. So all who need this mini can buy it.

Perfect. Will it be a limited edition miniature, or will you restock and continue to sell it for the years to come? He is perfect, both the sculpt and your paintjob. This might be the ultimate big hat Chaos Dwarf look.

As for RA. Competition is a good for the customer, so it might turn out for the better. Wink

Odiriuss Wrote:
This is just stunning,i was planning on starting a CD army and this thread just pushed me over the edge...Anyone know where can i find those hobgoblin minis,can't recall seeing them anywhere...

The Hobgoblins are the old 4th edition metals, currently out of production since seven years back or so. If you don't want to buy them on Ebay your best bet will be to convert your own to their likeness. Mantic Goblins, Plague Monks or any other Skaven infantry box might be your best bet for the bodies minus tails, and weapons, with the heads taken from some Goblin or Gnoblar box. The Phrygian hats can be easily sculpted to an acceptable standard in short time once you get the hang of it. There's a good tutorial on CDO for turning Night Goblins into Hobgobbos, but they'll be a tad small.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [16.X.2013 - BEZHUKK preview] - gIL^ - 10-17-2013 02:17 PM

Im guessing this guy won't fit on a 20mm base Big Grin

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [16.X.2013 - BEZHUKK preview] - Skink - 10-17-2013 03:39 PM

I want that model. Now. That's maybe your best one to date.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [14.X.2013 - a question] - Odiriuss - 10-17-2013 03:51 PM

Admiral Wrote:

Ravenswood Wrote:

Perfect. Will it be a limited edition miniature, or will you restock and continue to sell it for the years to come? He is perfect, both the sculpt and your paintjob. This might be the ultimate big hat Chaos Dwarf look.

As for RA. Competition is a good for the customer, so it might turn out for the better. Wink

Odiriuss Wrote:

The Hobgoblins are the old 4th edition metals, currently out of production since seven years back or so. If you don't want to buy them on Ebay your best bet will be to convert your own to their likeness. Mantic Goblins, Plague Monks or any other Skaven infantry box might be your best bet for the bodies minus tails, and weapons, with the heads taken from some Goblin or Gnoblar box. The Phrygian hats can be easily sculpted to an acceptable standard in short time once you get the hang of it. There's a good tutorial on CDO for turning Night Goblins into Hobgobbos, but they'll be a tad small.

Thx for the info! My plan was to go with the Mantic goblins,will have to check out the hats tutorial!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [16.X.2013 - BEZHUKK preview] - Nicodemus - 10-17-2013 04:10 PM

Well it's already for sale, so best get one while it's hot!

LIMITED EDITION 28mm - Bezhukk the Immortal
I just bought the 1st of the 10 that are listed Wink Yay me!

Go go go!!!
~N

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [16.X.2013 - BEZHUKK preview] - Ravenswood - 10-17-2013 04:38 PM

Thx!
30 first minis (31-50) on eBay now. Will be 3 lots with 10 minis each.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251360203763
Limited Edition of 250, so I think it will be enough for all

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [16.X.2013 - BEZHUKK preview] - Ravenswood - 10-17-2013 04:53 PM

gIL^ Wrote:
Im guessing this guy won't fit on a 20mm base Big Grin

Sadly yes Sad, but I think it will be not bigger problem that the gathering together unit of FW ones with characters.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [16.X.2013 - BEZHUKK preview] - Yodrin - 10-17-2013 05:28 PM

Its great mini, love it.!!! I think I have to get me oneWink

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [14.X.2013 - a question] - Admiral - 10-17-2013 05:36 PM

Go go go! Score! Got one. It's a fantastic miniature to grace the armies of Chaos Dwarf collectors. 250 is probably a good batch estimate.

Odiriuss Wrote:
Thx for the info! My plan was to go with the Mantic goblins,will have to check out the hats tutorial!

You're welcome. Mantic gobbos with hobgobbo hats would look ace.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [16.X.2013 - BEZHUKK preview] - Yodrin - 10-17-2013 05:50 PM

BAM!!! Got me one!!! Wink

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [16.X.2013 - BEZHUKK preview] - Skink - 10-17-2013 07:50 PM

Yeah! Got me one as well!!!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [16.X.2013 - BEZHUKK preview] - Bloodbeard - 10-18-2013 02:51 AM

I started my chaos dwarf army without ever having looked at the forum. Not a fan of big hats I decided to convert every mini in the army. And I've allready made all the heros I need.

It's a stupid rule. This model is freakin'  badass. He looks like a chaos dwarf lord is supposed to look.

Too bad you missed the Golden Hat XX post - it had gottemn votes.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [16.X.2013 - BEZHUKK preview] - Admiral - 10-23-2013 12:48 PM

You've sold out of the miniature already? My advice is to extend the limited run and cast a hundred or so more and see if they too sells out fast. The market isn't stuffed full yet.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [16.X.2013 - BEZHUKK preview] - Aaroon42 - 10-23-2013 12:54 PM

I didn't get the thread notification in time and didn't get one ;_;

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [16.X.2013 - BEZHUKK preview] - Ravenswood - 10-23-2013 12:57 PM

Admiral Wrote:
You've sold out of the miniature already? My advice is to extend the limited run and cast a hundred or so more and see if they too sells out fast. The market isn't stuffed full yet.

Nope. Just first 30 of them. I am in Berlin now, and when I return I will give next 30 to this eBay store owner.
So next 30 will be on eBay early November.

P.s. And if anyone in Berlin now and want Bezhukk, I still have 2 for sale.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [16.X.2013 - BEZHUKK preview] - ClawLeader - 10-25-2013 11:21 PM

You shouldn't end the sale, your character model is obviously worth it and I would pick it up had I the funds.

Beautiful mini by the way

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [16.X.2013 - BEZHUKK preview] - Satan - 10-26-2013 07:30 PM

Ordered one the other day! I just had to right after seeing it, it's beautiful!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [16.X.2013 - BEZHUKK preview] - gIL^ - 10-27-2013 12:01 AM

i didnt get one sadly ill be watching for when i can get one.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [30.X.2013 - K'daai Fireborn] - Ravenswood - 10-30-2013 11:40 AM

Hi!
It is new commission addition to my army: K'daai Fireborn painted by Lynx
I hope what he paint for me another 3 before end of the year

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [30.X.2013 - K'daai Fireborn] - Bloodbeard - 10-30-2013 01:01 PM

That is one hell of a paintjob. Those guys look alive.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [30.X.2013 - K'daai Fireborn] - Skink - 10-30-2013 01:26 PM

Speechless.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [30.X.2013 - K'daai Fireborn] - Yodrin - 10-30-2013 03:14 PM

Wow, amazing!!!!! Thats the best painted FW Fireborns I have seen!!!!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [30.X.2013 - K'daai Fireborn] - Topota - 10-30-2013 06:00 PM

the kdaai with the axe is the best......for me, of course, xd.

the three are asome, ¡¡¡MASTERPIECES!!!Takes Hat off

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [30.X.2013 - K'daai Fireborn] - Ravenswood - 10-31-2013 01:56 AM

Thanx!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [30.X.2013 - K'daai Fireborn] - giantsquig - 10-31-2013 10:30 AM

What airbrush colors did you use for the Fireborn?

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [30.X.2013 - K'daai Fireborn] - Ravenswood - 10-31-2013 05:19 PM

giantsquig  Wrote:
What airbrush colors did you use for the Fireborn?

At first it is not my paintwork but just part of my army (painted by Lynx).
And I think he not use airbrush here but oil paints.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [30.X.2013 - K'daai Fireborn] - giantsquig - 10-31-2013 06:26 PM

Ravenswood Wrote:
And I think he not use airbrush here but oil paints.

I have been thinking about trying oil based paints for weapons. That Axe looks amazing. Is there any chance we can get a close up shot of it?

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [30.X.2013 - K'daai Fireborn] - Ravenswood - 11-01-2013 08:04 AM

giantsquig  Wrote:
I have been thinking about trying oil based paints for weapons. That Axe looks amazing. Is there any chance we can get a close up shot of it?

I have no better quality photos, sorry. Maybe later I will retake photos by myself.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [06.XI.2013 - Bezhukk on CMON and eBay again] - Ravenswood - 11-05-2013 04:24 PM

Bezhukk on CMON and   eBay again

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [06.XI.2013 - Bezhukk on CMON and eBay again] - tjub - 11-06-2013 01:44 AM

Nice, even I like them. Otherwise I seem to have a bit of a Kdaii problem… Unsure

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [06.XI.2013 - Bezhukk on CMON and eBay again] - Wildist - 11-06-2013 08:39 AM

woah! i was waiting for bezhukk so bad! Thanks!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [06.XI.2013 - Bezhukk on CMON and eBay again] - Xx9millxX - 11-07-2013 12:14 PM

Beautifully done .. Love the copper armour with the greenish tint

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [06.XI.2013 - Bezhukk on CMON and eBay again] - Kamphre - 11-09-2013 08:34 AM

I just received mine today.
The mini is in a hard resin, very detailed and is already one of my favourite!
Thanks Ravenswod for your work!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [06.XI.2013 - Bezhukk on CMON and eBay again] - Aaroon42 - 11-26-2013 02:30 PM

It's looking like Mrs Velard has had all their items pulled from Ebay, including the Bezhukk fig. Sad

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [06.XI.2013 - Bezhukk on CMON and eBay again] - Ravenswood - 11-28-2013 01:48 AM

Aaroon42 Wrote:
It's looking like Mrs Velard has had all their items pulled from Ebay, including the Bezhukk fig. Sad

I hope what this store will return soon, as store owner promise me.
And now little quantity of Bezhuks have on toy armies store.

P.S. A little question to all: how you think, what wargear will be on Bezhuk's standart bearer?

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [06.XI.2013 - Bezhukk on CMON and eBay again] - Aaroon42 - 11-28-2013 02:33 AM

Ravenswood Wrote:

Aaroon42 Wrote:

I hope what this store will return soon, as store owner promise me.
And now little quantity of Bezhuks have on toy armies store.

P.S. A little question to all: how you think, what wargear will be on Bezhuk's standart bearer?

Big, scary, iron mask for the standard bearer. I think almost everyone uses the Mask of the Furnace (or whatever) on their BSB.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [06.XI.2013 - Bezhukk on CMON and eBay again] - gorgarrak - 11-29-2013 04:05 PM

Toy armies won't let me buy one, even though they have eight in stock, gutted
Mike

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [06.XI.2013 - Bezhukk on CMON and eBay again] - gIL^ - 11-29-2013 09:18 PM

I think we both missed out Sad

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [06.XI.2013 - Bezhukk on CMON and eBay again] - Grollbringer - 11-30-2013 07:49 PM

Bezhukk arrived today! Fantastic miniatureTakes Hat off

Quote:

I interpret this correctly, you work on to battle standard bearer?
That would be nice.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [04.XII.2013 - next one] - Ravenswood - 12-04-2013 05:22 AM

@gorgarrak, @gIL^, I spoked with 'toy armies' store owner. So 8 Bezhukks still avaible in stock, if you have a problems with this store just write them.

And next one

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [04.XII.2013 - next one] - Karring - 12-04-2013 06:32 AM

Gorgeous work, as usual, shield conversion included.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [04.XII.2013 - next one] - Yodrin - 12-04-2013 02:21 PM

Very nice as always!!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [04.XII.2013 - next one] - Ravenswood - 03-18-2014 06:41 AM

2013 Result: 13 minis (inc. the Hellsmith painted by Yellow_One and 3 K'daai Fireborn - by Lynx), 441 point and shame again Sad

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [18.III.2014 - 2013 Result] - Skink - 03-18-2014 08:48 AM

I don't see anything to be ashamed of in that pic. Once again you prove to be one of the most talented painters in this forum (if not THE most talented).

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [18.III.2014 - 2013 Result] - Grimbold Blackhammer - 03-18-2014 09:27 AM

Those are some nice K'daii!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [18.III.2014 - 2013 Result] - Yodrin - 03-18-2014 03:10 PM

It all looks amazing, have to be the best painted minis on this forum.....

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [18.III.2014 - 2013 Result] - Ravenswood - 03-19-2014 05:36 AM

Thanx! I am very glad what you like my growing army. Only one problem there - it is so sloooooooow Sad

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [18.III.2014 - 2013 Result] - Admiral - 03-19-2014 07:10 AM

Counting their heads, it is apparent you've managed to finish more Chaos Dwarf models than I have during the last two or so years. And I don't even paint a quarter of as good as you do!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [18.III.2014 - 2013 Result] - Ravenswood - 03-20-2014 05:08 AM

I hope what I can complete 1000pts. army this year. At least.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [18.III.2014 - 2013 Result] - Oxymore - 03-30-2014 06:58 AM

Hello Raven. I begin my army of dwarfs of chaos and I really like your "Bezhukk" creation. I therefore searched to find one, but unable to find one, 250 units are being sold very quickly. I would like to know if you have to sell or if you think produce still others and if this is the case, when will you sell?
I really hope to be able to have my figure also.
Thanks in advance for your reply. Cordially Oxymore

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [18.III.2014 - 2013 Result] - Ravenswood - 03-30-2014 07:06 AM

Hmm, around 100 Bezhuks are sold, 150 still avaible. I just have little problems with resellers.  I hope Bezhuks returns follow week or two.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [31.III.2014 - first in 2014] - Ravenswood - 03-31-2014 07:09 AM

First zwerg in 2014. My Blazing orange is dried so try to use another orange colors. Also little curious thing: "bronze" armour and "gold" NMM on shield was painted by same paints.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [31.III.2014 - first in 2014] - Admiral - 03-31-2014 07:35 AM

Every single rank and file miniature would be enough to win you a medal. At least outside Poland. Tongue Wink

Great work as usual. Bonus points for using Chaos Marauder shields on the Infernal Guards. Those shields are perhaps the best ever put out by GW, though the Marauders themselves are but mediocre.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [31.III.2014 - first in 2014] - Skink - 03-31-2014 08:30 AM

Yay update, update! Well... Not much to comment. The usual "Awesome!" would do I guess Wink...

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [31.III.2014 - first in 2014] - Ravenswood - 03-31-2014 08:47 AM

Thanx! I try to upgrade my lava skill

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [31.III.2014 - first in 2014] - Yodrin - 03-31-2014 01:08 PM

Yes, the usual awesome!!!!!!! ofc. And I agree with Admiral on the medal part!!!!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [31.III.2014 - first in 2014] - Malorndk - 05-11-2014 07:49 AM

First time reader on this blog. It's amazing!!!

Is Bezhuk still up for sale and where?

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [31.III.2014 - first in 2014] - Ravenswood - 05-11-2014 10:36 AM

Photos of new painted zwergs here and next 10 Bezhukks on eBay - at thuesdayHappy

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [13.V.2014 - two new guys] - Ravenswood - 05-13-2014 09:26 AM

two new guys for the blog and Bezhukk on ebay Happy

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [13.V.2014 - two new guys] - Admiral - 05-13-2014 10:07 AM

Awesome as always.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [13.V.2014 - two new guys] - Yodrin - 05-13-2014 01:56 PM

Admiral Wrote:
Awesome as always.

Yes, ALWAYS!!!!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [13.V.2014 - two new guys] - Ravenswood - 05-14-2014 03:25 AM

@Admiral, @Yodrin, Thanx! I hope these guys will be on Hussar this year)

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [13.V.2014 - two new guys] - NoisyAssassin - 05-14-2014 11:05 AM

I <3 your painting

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [13.V.2014 - two new guys] - Admiral - 05-14-2014 02:21 PM

You know, Ravenswood, you and Rozmax/Russian Alternative made me think of high quality and Russia in the same sentence. Now that's a feat. Cheers!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [13.V.2014 - two new guys] - Chaosftw - 05-14-2014 04:32 PM

Absolutely amazing! the attention to detail is excellent! the battle damage and the chaos markings on the helm, the highlights and low lights from head to toe also look great! Even the base looks really good! More updates please!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [13.V.2014 - two new guys] - Ravenswood - 05-15-2014 03:17 AM

@NoisyAssassin, @Chaosftw, Thanx!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [13.V.2014 - two new guys] - Abecedar - 05-15-2014 03:25 AM

Am just in awe.. Can say no more

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [13.V.2014 - two new guys] - Roark - 05-15-2014 09:03 AM

I think I'm going to cry. I will never be able to paint like this.

Maybe I should just stay playing ping pong or take up birdwatching or something....

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [13.V.2014 - two new guys] - Ravenswood - 05-15-2014 09:34 AM

Roark Wrote:

Cmon,It's not that difficult, but requires a lot of time. I think two years painting 12-15 hours a week should be enough to paint at this level.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [13.V.2014 - two new guys] - Admiral - 05-15-2014 10:48 AM

Roark Wrote:

Maybe I should just stay playing ping pong or take up birdwatching or something....

What the heck have someone else's painting to do with yours? Chin up and be happy for Ravenwood's skill instead. Stop comparing your own painting with others, yours is good enough for sure. See it in a positive light, lad. Maybe you will be able to paint like this one day. Cheers!

We demand more, Ravenswood. Wink

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [13.V.2014 - two new guys] - Roark - 05-16-2014 05:12 AM

Geez, don't take me too seriously guys.  We're talking about toy soldiers on the internet after all. Tongue Wink

My comments were an expression of my admiration. Maybe it doesn't translate well outside of regional Australia.

Yes, agree that we need to see more!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [13.V.2014 - two new guys] - Bloodbeard - 05-16-2014 06:06 AM

Truly great work Ravenswood.  Just ordered Beshukk, looking forward to getting him.

Let's see a unit as soon as possible, will look truly amazing with your skill.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [13.V.2014 - two new guys] - Admiral - 05-16-2014 07:39 AM

Besides, the white quarter-Chaos stars look great on the helmets, Ravenswood! I knew they worked on cloaks, and now you've proven it on headgear as well.

Roark Wrote:
Geez, don't take me too seriously guys.  We're talking about toy soldiers on the internet after all. Tongue Wink

My comments were an expression of my admiration. Maybe it doesn't translate well outside of regional Australia.

Yes, agree that we need to see more!

Sorry! I think we Swedes and Russians up in the north here are simple-minded folks who might miss such subtleties. I didn't mean my post in an aggressive manner, it's just that I'm used to replying like that whenever some friend says something similar in a fatalist way. Automatic reaction. Wink

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [13.V.2014 - two new guys] - James Q - 05-18-2014 05:41 AM

simply amazing work, huge inspiration!!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [24.VI.2014 - do you feel the difference?] - Ravenswood - 06-24-2014 02:54 AM

Do you feel the difference?

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [24.VI.2014 - do you feel the difference?] - Yodrin - 06-24-2014 02:17 PM

Lost for words, beautiful!!!!!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [24.VI.2014 - do you feel the difference?] - Helblindi - 06-24-2014 05:11 PM

I just went through this whole thread. Awesome! Every single model has a perfect paintjob! I have to keep reminding myself that it's fine to settle for less, or it'd have to put my dwarfs away Happy But your work is an inspiration Respect to the Hat!soff

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [24.VI.2014 - do you feel the difference?] - Ravenswood - 06-25-2014 02:46 AM

Thanks guys! Your feedback gives me motivation to paint more evil soup cans Wink

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [24.VI.2014 - do you feel the difference?] - Admiral - 06-27-2014 03:11 AM

Whatever the difference, it looks beautiful. Happy

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [24.VI.2014 - do you feel the difference?] - torn - 06-27-2014 03:49 AM

The right hand drummer has more depth and definition, if that's what you were going for. Amazing painting.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [24.VI.2014 - do you feel the difference?] - Grimstonefire - 06-29-2014 06:10 AM

The right hand one also has slightly warmer colouring.

Amazing.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [24.VI.2014 - do you feel the difference?] - ThorAxe - 06-30-2014 01:06 AM

Almost looks like the difference between a model before and after being hit by gw purity seal in some places.  This isn't the case, is it?

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [24.VI.2014 - do you feel the difference?] - Ravenswood - 07-01-2014 07:36 AM

Thank you all!
I try to get more warmer color for bronze NMM but each next mini closer and closer to fireglaive command group >_<

@ThorAxe yep and nope, I use mat medium to get minis little bit glossy. Because when I started using wet palette "wax effect" was gone.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [24.VI.2014 - do you feel the difference?] - Chaosftw - 07-02-2014 12:31 PM

That there is a sharp looking musician!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [27.VII.2014 - 7th] - Ravenswood - 07-23-2014 07:02 AM

HopeRiver goes to her counry house so no more goood quality photos 'till she return :-(

Anyway 7th is done

8th is done too, so new bad photos will be soon :-)

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [23.VII.2014 - 7th] - Admiral - 07-23-2014 07:22 AM

Marvellous as always. I like his pose, it looks like he's prepared to take one hell of a beating yet still stand at the end of it and cut back.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [23.VII.2014 - 7th] - Ravenswood - 07-24-2014 01:58 AM

@Chaosftw, @Admiral, thanx!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [23.VII.2014 - 7th] - Bloodbeard - 07-24-2014 04:21 AM

Just went through your entire blog again, really nice miniatures. Your subtle conversions are great. The weapon swaps, shields and warrior heads really adds a lot to the forgeworld miniatures. I find them rather boring in their vanilla state. This is how they should have been.

And don't mind the "crappy" photos, they are still very good, so keep them coming.

A couple of questions:

You painted a good deal of extra miniatures. Can we have a new army shot?

I think you should paint your forgeworld converted battle standard bearer next, because that's an awesome conversion!

How's work coming on the Bezhukk style battle standard bearer?

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [23.VII.2014 - 7th] - Ravenswood - 07-24-2014 05:07 AM

Bloodbeard Wrote:
You painted a good deal of extra miniatures. Can we have a new army shot?

I want to enter Hussar competition with this regiment. So I can't do group shots before the contest. Sorry

Bloodbeard Wrote:
I think you should paint your forgeworld converted battle standard bearer next, because that's an awesome conversion!

I planning paint him before this year's end. I hope I can finish 1000 army in this year

Bloodbeard Wrote:
How's work coming on the Bezhukk style battle standard bearer?

Agrh! Conception changes Sad I will redraw concept art again: pick instead of hammer, new helm and facemask, new banner.
How you think what better: cloth banner or huge metal icon?

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [23.VII.2014 - 7th] - Malorndk - 07-25-2014 02:15 AM

Huge metal icon! With enough space below to attach homemade banner!!!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [23.VII.2014 - 7th] - Bloodbeard - 07-25-2014 04:06 AM

A cool metal icon wouldn't leave much place for individuality in the battle standard. So a classic cloth banner where you can show of your painting skills would be great.

Perhaps it could be made, so that you don't really have to attach the banner and could use only the icon.

I know Malorn like to print banners of paper. But I really think free hand is the way to go. So sculpt a banner.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [23.VII.2014 - 7th] - Malorndk - 07-25-2014 04:18 AM

Don't listen to him Ravenswood! He is a dane! They aren't trustworthy Wink

If you go with a clothbanner, it would be spectacular to have the option of not using it, but thats probably an insane amount of work?

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [23.VII.2014 - 7th] - Ravenswood - 07-25-2014 04:34 AM

I think will be only one banner option simply because two banner options will increase model's cost too much.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [23.VII.2014 - 7th] - Bloodbeard - 07-25-2014 04:40 AM

Then make it like the banners GW do now a days. Giving people the opportunity to free hand paint a symbol on it.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [23.VII.2014 - 8th] - Ravenswood - 08-16-2014 01:15 PM

Nadja is back, so I have some new photos)
8th is done!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [16.VIII.2014 - 8th] - Admiral - 08-16-2014 01:57 PM

And 8th is marvellous! You're aiming for Golden Demon or what? Wink

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [16.VIII.2014 - 8th] - Yodrin - 08-16-2014 04:28 PM

8th is done, and it's absolute fantastic!!!!!! Haven't seen a IG better looking!!!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [16.VIII.2014 - 8th] - Bloodbeard - 08-17-2014 02:44 AM

Hitting 2000 points, no CD army will look better.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [16.VIII.2014 - 8th] - Abecedar - 08-17-2014 08:05 AM

Am never going to look here again. It sets of fits of depression over never being this good.

PS.  OCD says otherwise and the urge to see great work

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [16.VIII.2014 - 8th] - Ravenswood - 08-18-2014 04:23 AM

Thanx guys!

@Admiral, If all will be good I will put this unit to Hussar painting competition this year.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [26.VIII.2014 - 9th] - Ravenswood - 08-26-2014 07:43 AM

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [26.VIII.2014 - 9th] - Admiral - 08-26-2014 08:37 AM

Very nice, especially the Chaos star eye slit. Cheers!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [26.VIII.2014 - 9th] - Yodrin - 08-27-2014 01:36 AM

Freakin awesome!!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [26.VIII.2014 - 9th] - Ravenswood - 08-27-2014 02:59 AM

THanx! Hope standard and champion will be soon

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [26.VIII.2014 - 9th] - TheHoodedMan - 08-27-2014 04:13 AM

Did you drill the chaos star into the mask or is it just painted on?
Maybe someone asked this before: Are those shields from chaos marauders?

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [26.VIII.2014 - 9th] - Ravenswood - 08-27-2014 04:44 AM

TheHoodedMan Wrote:
Did you drill the chaos star into the mask or is it just painted on?
Maybe someone asked this before: Are those shields from chaos marauders?

Helm from Russian Alternative's chaos dwarf (HW/Sh unit). I just cut off beard and tail.
Shield from GW's plastic marauders (on foot). I use both footman's and horseman's shields.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [07.X.2014 - bad news] - Ravenswood - 10-07-2014 08:26 AM

A first of bad news is:

I received my 4th limited Propher-Sorcerer and again his helm bit is broken. Shame on  you Forgewold! Mad
I will convert it when paint it and when sell it off to buy some whiskey (and cure my soul with it)

And the second is:

I again fail to participate on Golden Hat Sad

P.S. Next time will be good news Wink

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [07.X.2014 - bad news] - Admiral - 10-07-2014 10:41 AM

Too bad about the broken helmet bits, but that Magma Cannon container is a masterwork! Best of luck next time with Golden Hat, too. Don't be afraid to ask for an extra month of deadline when the next GH contest comes around. It'd be a shame if the deadline was too narrow for you to enter every time. Wink

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [07.X.2014 - bad news] - Yodrin - 10-07-2014 02:19 PM

That magma piece is awesome, truly!!!!!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [07.X.2014 - bad news] - Kamphre - 10-07-2014 02:39 PM

It may be good news for people who did an entry, because there is no fair competition against your paint skills !

Ravenswood Wrote:
P.S. Next time will be good news Wink

The BSB ? I'm sacrificing a lot of slaves to Hashut, hoping he'll send a true warrior to carry his banner, but without results until now...

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [07.X.2014 - bad news] - Ravenswood - 10-07-2014 03:20 PM

Kamphre Wrote:
The BSB ?

Sadly nope. No BSB this year I fear Sad

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [07.X.2014 - bad news] - TheHoodedMan - 10-09-2014 03:09 AM

Quote:
No BSB this year I fear

Aargh! You can`t do that Wink.
Awesome work on the magma cannon.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [07.X.2014 - bad news] - Ravenswood - 10-13-2014 04:44 PM

Today I will fly to Berlin and then to Hussar 2014 in Warsaw. So if anyone want to meet me please send PM. I will enter to Hussar competition with my second Infernal Guard regiment!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [07.X.2014 - bad news] - TheHoodedMan - 10-13-2014 05:28 PM

Good Luck!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [07.X.2014 - bad news] - Malorndk - 10-14-2014 01:08 AM

Best of luck

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [07.X.2014 - bad news] - Admiral - 10-14-2014 01:11 AM

Good luck! You should stand a good chance of winning a prize.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [07.X.2014 - bad news] - Yodrin - 10-14-2014 09:53 AM

GL Raven!!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [07.X.2014 - bad news] - Ravenswood - 10-17-2014 07:50 PM

Thank you guys! I just finished the regimental base for this unit so I have 6 hours for sleep before competition beginsHappy

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [07.X.2014 - bad news] - Malorndk - 10-18-2014 01:46 AM

Awesome Ravenswoods. Enjoy your gold medal when you get it. It's well deserved Wink

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [07.X.2014 - bad news] - Bloodbeard - 10-18-2014 01:52 AM

Good luck with the competion, I hope you get a prize. Or at least show us the otherwise winning entries - because they must be insanely well painted.

I'm excited about this, because it means we'll soon see your regiment as well. And perhaps get a shot of all your finished CDs together! That would be great.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [07.X.2014 - bad news] - Doombeard - 10-18-2014 08:03 AM

I think Karol Rudyk is on his way there too, man those Hussar guys can really paint. Good luck with your entry the NMM bronze you did is really nice!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [07.X.2014 - bad news] - Ravenswood - 10-19-2014 10:05 AM

I'm a looser. I won nothing. Sad

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [07.X.2014 - bad news] - Bloodbeard - 10-19-2014 11:00 AM

Ravenswood Wrote:
I'm a looser. I won nothing. Sad

Sorry to hear that - the competition must have been unbelievible tough then! You're a winner in my book "Bringer of Bezhukk" and please share pictures of your entry!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [07.X.2014 - bad news] - Malorndk - 10-19-2014 11:29 AM

What really? The competition was unbelievable hard or someone bribed the (drunk?) judges.I want to see your unit anyway, and tell you thar your work is a constant spring of inspiration

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [07.X.2014 - bad news] - Admiral - 10-19-2014 11:43 AM

You can't be a loser if your paintjobs are made out of pure win. That'd be a paradox.

Better luck next time! How was the competition? Do you need some eyecatching conversion, or some OSL effect somewhere to get the attention of the judges in coming contests? Please show us pictures of your entry, Ravenswood.

Also, how about sculpting the next Bezhukk miniature for selling? Wink

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [07.X.2014 - bad news] - Yodrin - 10-19-2014 01:14 PM

What a what, no victory? WTF......

I guess the competition was really stiff, or else the judge had a big crush on the winnerHappy......

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [07.X.2014 - bad news] - TheHoodedMan - 10-19-2014 04:52 PM

don`t take it too bad. There are gorgeous painters out there and you are one of them for sure Cheers!. Much depends on personal taste.
It would really be nice to see your entry.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [07.X.2014 - bad news] - Ravenswood - 10-19-2014 07:44 PM

When I return to Russia I will take some photos of course

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [28.X.2014 - do you feel the difference? part 2] - Ravenswood - 10-28-2014 04:36 AM

champion and full unit soon Happy

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [28.X.2014 - do you feel the difference? part 2] - Admiral - 10-28-2014 04:57 AM

That's the best painted Chaos Dwarf banner bearers ever posted on CDO. Nice reflection from the eyes in the metal horns on the left one. Happy

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [28.X.2014 - do you feel the difference? part 2] - Yodrin - 10-28-2014 07:49 AM

Admiral Wrote:
That's the best painted Chaos Dwarf banner bearers ever posted on CDO. Nice reflection from the eyes in the metal horns on the left one. Happy

I totally agree, amazing!!!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [28.X.2014 - do you feel the difference? part 2] - Fuggit Khan - 10-28-2014 11:51 AM

Beautiful Cheers!

The attention to detail on the tones of armor colors is incredible...but I also love the detailed work on the skulls. The shades are perfect.
Well done Takes Hat off

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [28.X.2014 - do you feel the difference? part 2] - Abecedar - 10-28-2014 05:42 PM

Just beautiful.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [28.X.2014 - do you feel the difference? part 2] - Doombeard - 10-28-2014 07:02 PM

You need to paint something on the scrolls, you can't leave those blank! I agree with the other guys its very well done you should put them on CMoN with your other stuff. For me I feel like you have gone so desaturated its pastel-like almost chalky which ruins it a bit. Contrast Contrast Contrast with deep rich tones is what always does it for me. I'd love to see you be a bit bolder in your palette and your choices because you are obviously really talented. The scratches add to that chalky desaturated feel because they are almost pure white with no hue in them. Normally when you look at an extreme highlight it is tinted the color of the environment or light source, and matches the color temperature of that source, ie cold blue for outdoors or warm orange for tungsten or fire, so some light washes over the scratches might have helped with that and helped to nullify that desaturated chalky pastel feel, or if you already have then maybe it just needed more. Also some dark scratches in with the white would help break them up a bit. The texture and detail work on the armor scratching is extremely well done though not taking anything away from it, I am being somewhat overly critical here because its hard to fault. The reflection of the red eyes in the metal is my favorite part, and the wood texture on the banner pole handle. Great attention to detail. Keep improving and go win a GD!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [29.X.2014 - champion is here!] - Ravenswood - 10-29-2014 05:13 AM

@Doombeard, thank you for critics. I agree what my zwergs darker and less contrast than usually painted gaming minis, but not desaturated. I just try to keep "dark bronze" color from original FW arts. You right about rich tones, they wants more of them. But they are just soup cans without any leather or cloth. In next units I will change colour scheme for more brighter colors, I want more bright bronze and red nmm for them, but this unit will stay the same.

And now time for  the champion!

Yep, it is little conversion of old Rozmax's champion Happy

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [29.X.2014 - champion is here!] - Fuggit Khan - 10-29-2014 11:26 AM

HOLY HASHUT!  Shock
My jaw dropped when I saw this...it's a stunning model Takes Hat off

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [29.X.2014 - champion is here!] - Doombeard - 10-29-2014 11:34 AM

Seconded, he is a great looking Champion, that big horn protusion is awesome =)

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [29.X.2014 - champion is here!] - tjub - 10-29-2014 11:37 AM

Amazing!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [29.X.2014 - champion is here!] - Yodrin - 10-29-2014 02:08 PM

Holy f.....ck, I mean Hashut!!! It's a piece of art!!!! Golden deamon winner imo!!!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [29.X.2014 - champion is here!] - Doombeard - 10-30-2014 07:03 PM

Karol Rudyk's Hussar Awards - https://www.facebook.com/KarolRudykArt/photos/a.374602806007456.1073741853.162503280550744/525832640884471/?type=1&theater

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [29.X.2014 - champion is here!] - Admiral - 11-02-2014 03:17 PM

Fantastic. He looks the part as a hard-bitten Chaos Dwarf. Takes Hat off

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [29.X.2014 - champion is here!] - Bloodbeard - 11-02-2014 03:37 PM

That's the meanest looking dwarf I've ever seen. And i've seen some evil mean dwarfs.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [14.XI.2014 - Hussar entry-500th comment!] - Ravenswood - 11-14-2014 05:55 AM

Far more pics on http://serpentarium-painting.blogspot.ru/2014/11/chaos-dwarf-infernal-guard-2.html

Please vote on:
Putty&Tongue Winkaint link http://www.puttyandpaint.com/projects/6080
CMON rank-and-file http://www.coolminiornot.com/368510
CMON  command http://www.coolminiornot.com/368509

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [29.X.2014 - champion is here!] - Admiral - 11-14-2014 06:36 AM

Astonishing.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [14.XI.2014 - Hussar entry-500th comment!] - Malorndk - 11-14-2014 08:02 AM

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [14.XI.2014 - Hussar entry-500th comment!] - Skink - 11-14-2014 08:22 AM

Meh, I can't even describe the feelings I had when I saw those pictures... Yours are the best looking units EVER posted on this website. And I suppose that all the veterans around here can easily agree with me.

Hey, you now have a unit of fighters, a unit of shooters, one of monsters, and a hero! Now you could finish your unit of Hobgoblins!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [02.XII.2014 - IG champion by Picster!] - Ravenswood - 12-02-2014 02:40 AM

New mini to my collection: Infernal Guard champion painted by Picster

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [14.XI.2014 - Hussar entry-500th comment!] - Yodrin - 12-02-2014 02:43 AM

Holy Sh.t, that one looks awesome!!!! The face and skin color is brilliant!!! And a very nice touch with the freehand on the armor!!!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [02.XII.2014 - IG champion by Picster!] - TheHoodedMan - 12-02-2014 03:11 AM

Definitely a nice one. Details of the face are worked out very well and good work at the base. Difficult to play with such, but I assume that`s not the main purpose ;-).

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [02.XII.2014 - IG champion by Picster!] - Ravenswood - 12-02-2014 03:29 AM

I ask Picster to paint "fire" version of "Frozen Heart"

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [02.XII.2014 - IG champion by Picster!] - TheHoodedMan - 12-02-2014 04:04 AM

You gave him a worthy challenge and he met it very well. The works from the "massive voodoo" team are great, I take a regularly look on their homepage.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [14.XI.2014 - Hussar entry-500th comment!] - Zanko - 12-03-2014 01:19 PM

Ravenswood Wrote:

Awesome work dude! Takes Hat off

Simply brilliant! Really love it - just like your other work! Wink

Hashut!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [02.XII.2014 - IG champion by Picster!] - Admiral - 12-03-2014 05:19 PM

Picster did an even better job than on his frosty Dwarf.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [22.XII.2014 - two new hobs] - Ravenswood - 12-22-2014 04:05 AM

I also paint some hobs time to time. It is my relax and experiments field. Actually I painted this hobs about two weeks ago and just have no time to get the photos

Do you see difference between their faces? I use standart "green without green" scheme for left one and try new scale 75 greens box on the right one.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [22.XII.2014 - two new hobs] - Admiral - 12-22-2014 04:20 AM

Yes, I spot the difference. The units will look all the better from the variation. They're gorgeously painted, not least the cloth. You've even painted the fine threads, something I've always wanted to be able to both paint and sculpt. You're living the dream, Ravenswood! Wink

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [22.XII.2014 - two new hobs] - TheHoodedMan - 12-22-2014 04:26 AM

Both are great painted, very inspiring, thank you for that.
If you didn´t mentioned it  I wouldn`t have recognized you used different methods for the skin, honestly.
edit: The edges of the right one come out a little bit sharper from my point of view, I like that a little better.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [22.XII.2014 - two new hobs] - Ravenswood - 12-22-2014 04:52 AM

Admiral Wrote:
Yes, I spot the difference. The units will look all the better from the variation. They're gorgeously painted, not least the cloth. You've even painted the fine threads, something I've always wanted to be able to both paint and sculpt. You're living the dream, Ravenswood! Wink

Thank you! If someday I can scuplt like you it will make me happy.

TheHoodedMan Wrote:
If you didn´t mentioned it  I wouldn`t have recognized you used different methods for the skin, honestly.

I always try use different ways to get close result on my hobgoblins. I think this way will looks much better on greenskins than other races.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [22.XII.2014 - two new hobs] - Red Skullz - 12-22-2014 06:24 AM

I find nuances in the skin coloration to enhance the realism and makes it more interesting to look at.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [22.XII.2014 - two new hobs] - Yodrin - 12-22-2014 09:00 AM

Really great looking minis, and a fantastic pain job as always. Top right is my fave if I were to choose...

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [22.XII.2014 - two new hobs] - Fuggit Khan - 12-22-2014 12:32 PM

Shock
Words fail me. I simply can't say enough praise for your painting talents. Although I can say it does make this old Hobgoblin happy to see such beautifully painted Hobbo's Cheers!
And how in the world did you paint the linen patterns?

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [22.XII.2014 - two new hobs] - Ravenswood - 12-22-2014 01:47 PM

@Fuggit Khan, Thank you!
About cloth texture: it is just thin crossed lines, nothing special.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [22.XII.2014 - two new hobs] - Mivrash Faz - 12-22-2014 04:31 PM

Ravenswood Wrote:
@Fuggit Khan, Thank you!
About cloth texture: it is just thin crossed lines, nothing special.

Nothing special? The subtlety in your work is amazing. Really like how you portrayed your hobbygobbies. They have that dingyness to them the way I imagine hobgoblins looking. Really great job.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [22.XII.2014 - two new hobs] - Ravenswood - 12-23-2014 02:58 AM

Yep, it's nothing special. It's want some skill but it is easier (and faster) than do smooth blending.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [22.XII.2014 - two new hobs] - DAGabriel - 12-31-2014 01:42 PM

Missed a lot in one year but you manage to astonish me!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [5.I.2015 - Hob of the month: January] - Ravenswood - 01-05-2015 05:46 AM

@DAGabriel, I hope you still like what I do)

Hey folks, I start new thing for this blog: month's hob. I promise to paint one hobgoblin for every month and one high quality hob to rule them all for the year. All for my army.
So my first and last painted mimis in 2015 will be the hobgoblins!

So its time to hob of January:

And one another important thing: I have a time and aspiration to take one mini commission in next month. So if you want - drop me PM. But it is expensive you know.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [22.XII.2014 - two new hobs] - Yodrin - 01-05-2015 08:33 AM

Fantastic, just fantastic!!!! Love that head wear!!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [5.I.2015 - Hob of the month: January] - Fuggit Khan - 01-05-2015 12:33 PM

Beautiful...simply beautiful Shock

Ravenswood Wrote:
I promise to paint one hobgoblin for every month and one high quality hob to rule them all

Well then, 2015 promises to be a wonderful year!
2015, the Year of the Hobgoblin Cheers!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [5.I.2015 - Hob of the month: January] - Ravenswood - 01-05-2015 02:37 PM

the Year of the Hobgoblin indeed Cheers!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [5.I.2015 - Hob of the month: January] - Bloodbeard - 01-06-2015 01:49 AM

Fantastic looking guy. The fabric in his shirt and lighting on his daggers are perfect.

Monthly hobgoblins eh? That'll leave you with 48 points by 2015. These guys are too cheap.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [5.I.2015 - Hob of the month: January] - Ravenswood - 01-06-2015 03:31 AM

Bloodbeard Wrote:
Monthly hobgoblins eh? That'll leave you with 48 points by 2015. These guys are too cheap.

I mean what monthly hobgobin will be addition to another painted minis, both zwergs and hobs. So I hope what I paint far more than 48 points Happy

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [5.I.2015 - Hob of the month: January] - Forgefire - 01-06-2015 05:32 AM

beatiful hobbo!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [5.I.2015 - Hob of the month: January] - TheHoodedMan - 01-06-2015 06:18 PM

Just awesome. So much character in that mini.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [5.I.2015 - Hob of the month: January] - Admiral - 01-08-2015 03:25 AM

This is indeed the year of the Hobgoblin. That Sneaky Git is the best I've ever seen. Well done! Takes Hat off

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [15.I.2015 - sneak peek] - Ravenswood - 01-15-2015 03:12 AM

Thanks folks!
So I have good (for me) news: Serpentarium now have own lair! So I hope I will paint twice more this year.
And a little sneak peek from Serpentarium's lair:

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [15.I.2015 - sneak peek] - Yodrin - 01-15-2015 03:32 AM

YES YES, LF to seeing this machine done!!! And what I can see it will looks awesome ....as always!!!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [15.I.2015 - sneak peek] - Admiral - 01-15-2015 04:56 AM

Very good! Fingers crossed for twice the output. I too look forward to seeing that Magma Cannon finished. Oh yes!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [15.I.2015 - sneak peek] - Fuggit Khan - 01-15-2015 02:58 PM

Ravenswood Wrote:

Ah! Your secret is revealed! Now we all know why you are such a world class master painter...you're left handed Tongue Wink

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [15.I.2015 - sneak peek] - TheHoodedMan - 01-15-2015 06:05 PM

The magma will be sensational. Thats amazing. Congratulations for having a studio room!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [15.I.2015 - sneak peek] - Ravenswood - 01-16-2015 03:23 AM

@Yodrin, thank you!

@Admiral, magma cannon will be not soon. Many time need to paint chasis and wheels and finish barrel and crew. But I hope what the IG champion will be done on this weekend.

@Fuggit Khan, you know my secret so now I will kill you send you a emissary. Drop me your address and I will send you the merciless killer sneaky git Wink

@TheHoodedMan, thank you. Paint in the studio far better than at home Takes Hat off

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [19.I.2015 - sneak peek2] - Ravenswood - 01-19-2015 05:07 AM

Herby Wrote:
 Best laugh in the moring! Thanks man!

Nope man, there is no jokeWink

Champion with pistol is not finished yet. And will repaint some parts.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [19.I.2015 - sneak peek2] - DAGabriel - 01-19-2015 03:41 PM

Your pics make me sick, everytime I look at mine hobgobs I could cry....

Will do some old preslotta ones to keep true to the year of the hobgoblin but to evade the comparison.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [19.I.2015 - sneak peek2] - Yodrin - 01-19-2015 05:39 PM

Lost for words, truly...... But fu.i.ng brilliant!!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [19.I.2015 - sneak peek2] - Bassman - 01-20-2015 05:10 AM

Brilliant technique for the hobgoblins' vests. I should give a try one day.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [19.I.2015 - sneak peek2] - Scar - 01-20-2015 01:48 PM

Very nice painting!
Love your style! Happy

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [26.I.2015 - result of 2014] - Ravenswood - 01-26-2015 03:11 AM

@DAGabriel, @Yodrin, @Bassman, @Scar, thank toy guys!

2014 Result: 11 minis (all by myself), 147 points and shame again. I am sooooo sloooooow Sad

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [19.I.2015 - sneak peek2] - DAGabriel - 01-26-2015 03:19 AM

Argghh.... **throwing my infernal guards on the floor trampling on them**

That one-horned champ is epic!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [26.I.2015 - result of 2014] - Admiral - 01-26-2015 04:44 AM

You're faster than me. Tongue

And at least ten times better at painting. Marvellous job!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [26.I.2015 - result of 2014] - Ravenswood - 01-26-2015 05:11 AM

Admiral Wrote:
And at least ten times better at painting.

But you ten times better at sculpting Takes Hat off

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [26.I.2015 - result of 2014] - Yodrin - 01-26-2015 06:14 AM

Awesome, just awesome!!!! Have to be the best ones out here on CD forum!!!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [26.I.2015 - result of 2014] - TheHoodedMan - 01-26-2015 07:30 PM

They`re stunning as said before. Get some slaves for setting a painting milestone for these models.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [28.I.2015 - pre-emissary hobbo link] - Ravenswood - 01-28-2015 04:09 AM

Not part of my army but my first work as part of the Great Emissary Exchange
LINK

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [26.I.2015 - result of 2014] - Admiral - 01-28-2015 04:13 AM

Yup, a great emissary, as said elsewhere.

As for sculpting, I'm having your great Bezhukk miniature as a kind of benchmark to strive for. Not there yet. Tongue Wink

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [5.II.2015 - magma cannon barel] - Ravenswood - 02-05-2015 06:15 AM

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [5.II.2015 - magma cannon barel] - Yodrin - 02-05-2015 07:07 AM

HOLY SMOKES!!!! Thats just fantastic!!!Colors, chipping, everything is splendid!!!! Its gonna be the best looking Magma yet i sure!!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [5.II.2015 - magma cannon barel] - BABIS - 02-05-2015 07:19 AM

wow nice barrel, the "scratched looking" is superb Wink

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [5.II.2015 - magma cannon barel] - TheHoodedMan - 02-05-2015 08:51 AM

Painting quality is superb like usual :-). I`m not sure if I like the scratches, but therefore I like the bull skull on the barrel.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [5.II.2015 - magma cannon barel] - Admiral - 02-05-2015 09:17 AM

Exquisite.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [5.II.2015 - magma cannon barel] - Ravenswood - 02-05-2015 09:20 AM

Thanks guys. Sorry for bad photos Sad

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [5.II.2015 - magma cannon barel] - Fuggit Khan - 02-05-2015 12:33 PM

Stunning work as always Takes Hat off
Besides you being left handed and practicing Dark Sorcerous pacts with Hashut to attain such master levels of painting, may I ask what paints you use? Oils? And what brands?

Truly beautiful work Happy

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [5.II.2015 - magma cannon barel] - Skink - 02-05-2015 12:55 PM

That gotta be one of the best NMM paintjobs I've ever seen. The way the shadows blend all along the weapon's barrel is stunning!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [5.II.2015 - magma cannon barel] - DAGabriel - 02-05-2015 01:36 PM

Ravenswood Wrote:
Thanks guys. Sorry for bad photos Sad

Argh...

It looks even better???? Should have crept into the Azazel package and apprenticed me to you for some months. (But I fear it is even colder in Moscow than here)

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [5.II.2015 - magma cannon barel] - Ravenswood - 02-06-2015 03:04 AM

Fuggit Khan Wrote:
may I ask what paints you use? Oils? And what brands?
Truly beautiful work Happy

Thank you! And nope, not oils nor airbrush. Just same paints and technics as on Infernal Guard. It's just required many time, around 20 pure work hours.

@DAGabriel, Wink

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [5.II.2015 - magma cannon barel] - Bloodbeard - 02-06-2015 03:45 AM

I'm kick back by the level of painting everytime. The way you painting adds extra detail and not just makes them stand - it's impressive. Like the scratches added here og the linnen pattern on the hobgobs.

And your conversions are very neat too - blend in perfectly with the models. The bullskull here, the non-broken horn on the champion and infernalguard headswaps.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [5.II.2015 - magma cannon barel] - Ravenswood - 02-10-2015 01:58 PM

Here will be post

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [27.II.2015 -Hobgoblin of February] - Ravenswood - 02-27-2015 05:01 AM

Hobgoblin of February

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [27.II.2015 -Hobgoblin of February] - BABIS - 02-27-2015 05:53 AM

awesome! ^^

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [27.II.2015 -Hobgoblin of February] - Yodrin - 02-27-2015 06:00 AM

Truly awesome!!!!!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [27.II.2015 -Hobgoblin of February] - DAGabriel - 02-27-2015 08:44 AM

As cool as ever! And on the lower left side the Blood offering to Hashut?

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [27.II.2015 -Hobgoblin of February] - TheHoodedMan - 02-27-2015 09:28 AM

Really unique and high level painting. I like the accents on every detail and the dedication you put in to make a real individual job from base to cap. Always a pleasure to look at.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [27.II.2015 -Hobgoblin of February] - Ravenswood - 02-27-2015 10:32 AM

DAGabriel Wrote:
And on the lower left side the Blood offering to Hashut?

Don't reveal my secrets Wink

Thakx folks! And I painted more than this one hob just haven't enough time to take rhe photos. Soon I show more painted chaos dwarfs Happy

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [27.II.2015 -Hobgoblin of February] - TheHoodedMan - 02-27-2015 10:41 AM

Ravenswood Wrote:

DAGabriel Wrote:
And on the lower left side the Blood offering to Hashut?

Don't reveal my secrets Wink

Thakx folks! And I painted more than this one hob just haven't enough time to take rhe photos. Soon I show more painted chaos dwarfs Happy

Ah! Now I know: You signed a contract with Hashut with your blood and exchanged your immortal soul for painting skillsWink.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [27.II.2015 -Hobgoblin of February] - Grimstonefire - 02-27-2015 04:09 PM

My only criticism of this model, perhaps more a personal preference, is that I would sharpen the points of the swords.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [27.II.2015 -Hobgoblin of February] - Loidrial - 02-28-2015 06:50 AM

Ok now i feel bad because i will never be able to come any close to anything liek this.
Amazing.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [27.II.2015 -Hobgoblin of February] - Abecedar - 02-28-2015 07:09 AM

Loidrial Wrote:
Ok now i feel bad because i will never be able to come any close to anything liek this.
Amazing.

along with 99.9999999% of us all

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [27.II.2015 -Hobgoblin of February] - Hunter - 02-28-2015 08:51 AM

Amazing painting! The hobgoblins especially are just incredible. Wow.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [8.III.2015 - alternative champion] - Ravenswood - 03-08-2015 06:18 AM

Thanx folks!

@Grimstonefire, thanx I'll fix it

Good news every one: alternative champion has arrived

Bigger pics HERE

CMON voting HERE
Also CMON voting for another champion is HERE

Also very important for me thing. My life changed a month ago Friday 13th of February. My 7.5 years work story as engineer-developer of balancing machines was end. For some time I will not search job as engineer, I want to try myself as freelance miniature painter.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [8.III.2015 - alternative champion] - Yodrin - 03-08-2015 08:17 AM

Stunning as usual!!!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [8.III.2015 - alternative champion] - Abecedar - 03-08-2015 06:39 PM

A Work of Art. I just love your painting.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [8.III.2015 - alternative champion] - Bloodbeard - 03-09-2015 06:59 AM

Great works as always. Best of luck finding a new job Ravenswood. You certainly have the skill level to get paid for painting miniatures. But I suppose you have to work on your speed in order to make a living from it!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [8.III.2015 - alternative champion] - sam585 - 03-09-2015 10:05 AM

Goodluck with the freelance painting. I find that it is enough to make lunch money with, I average about $20.00 an hour. But it is difficult to just live off of.  You gonna have to paint much faster than you do right now Wink

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [8.III.2015 - alternative champion] - Ravenswood - 03-13-2015 06:40 AM

sam585 Wrote:
Goodluck with the freelance painting. I find that it is enough to make lunch money with, I average about $20.00 an hour. But it is difficult to just live off of.  You gonna have to paint much faster than you do right now Wink

20$ per hour of painting? It will be awesome if my works costs that price. But I'm still far not so good painter.

Hey folks, I got a parcel from ebay. So now I have enough sneaky gits to make minimal regiment! So the Year of the Hobgoblin will continue.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [8.III.2015 - alternative champion] - Skink - 03-13-2015 07:09 AM

Ravenswood Wrote:
But I'm still far not so good painter.

...You are joking there, aren't you?

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [8.III.2015 - alternative champion] - Ravenswood - 03-17-2015 03:22 AM

Skink Wrote:

Ravenswood Wrote:
But I'm still far not so good painter.

...You are joking there, aren't you?

Nope, there is no joke. I think I am good painter as hobbyst, but not so good as pro painter. But I try to remote that difference and now I paint around 8 hours per day. But it is not the chaos dwarves Sad

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [8.III.2015 - alternative champion] - sam585 - 03-18-2015 06:17 AM

I think you need to define what you mean as pro painter. To me at least, a pro painter should be able to paint fast, accurately, and most importantly paint anything no matter the style requested or colors. Additionally, you should go and see if you can paint at different levels. I find that the hardest, to restrict the level of detail I put on other miniatures, but that must be done a lot of the time or you get nothing done. Surprisingly too, when you do this you will think that the models look terrible, but the client will be drooling and thanking you for the hard work. You should do some experiments too, like copying someone else model paint style/scheme and see if you can match it up perfectly. This I find to be really difficult because you have to see the colors used, and then figure out the order in which they were used, and then what techniques they used. If you can do that, your pretty much a pro I think Happy Also, as of now, the level of your painting on figures is about $20 just for the painting, and not including bases, and assembly. It really is top of line painting for Chaos Dwarf models, and it increases the value of those figures something like 4.5 times.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [8.III.2015 - alternative champion] - Ravenswood - 03-18-2015 09:39 AM

Do you mean 20$ per hour or per miniature? It is too much if first and not enough if second Happy

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [8.III.2015 - alternative champion] - gIL^ - 03-18-2015 12:13 PM

No $20 per mini. Studios work on a per mini basis not hours worked, Though you could be the exceptions, Who knows you won't know till you try.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [8.III.2015 - alternative champion] - sam585 - 03-18-2015 03:55 PM

Ravenswood Wrote:
Do you mean 20$ per hour or per miniature? It is too much if first and not enough if second Happy

20 per miniture. Honestly with painting, assembly, priming, and basing it comes out closer to 30 a miniture. Always go by a per model basis.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [19.III.2015 - emissary arrived] - Ravenswood - 03-19-2015 03:55 AM

Ah, understood. But I want to try be an another kind of pro painter. Not one who paint gaming armies for the table but one who paint for collectors and glass cabinets. It is much interesting for me cause it's the way to improve my skills.

I agree with sam585 about painting levels and trying colors/schemes of another painter. But for me most valuable criteria of pro painter is stability. One who can do his work exactly as deal is better pro painter.

And looks who arrived

Many thanx to Fuggit Khan!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [19.III.2015 - emissary arrived] - sam585 - 03-19-2015 11:09 PM

Yes stability is most important, due to the legal issues that can arise.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [19.III.2015 - emissary arrived] - gIL^ - 03-19-2015 11:10 PM

If you want to try something different we can work something out. I would commission my battle standard with you.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [19.III.2015 - emissary arrived] - Scar - 03-20-2015 04:10 AM

Sorry to interrupt but as a full time painting studio i must say something:
Those chaos dwarfs are NOT a $20 dollar paint job per mini.
The time spend on them is far beyond the painting time a army painting studio needs to make before something is finished.
If you want someone to commission you for this quality you can ask much more!
But then again you wont have many people that would commission you for that price.

So, or you need to lower the time you spend on them and paint less quality, or find a way to achieve the same kind of ''looks'' in a faster way.

Anyway there are 2 different worlds out there, 1 the army commission painter where you CAN if you work really hard make a living from, and there is the display commission painter who does it as a side job for fun and is ok with earning some money for it.
I have spoken to Roman Lappat aka Jarhead many times in real life and we both respect each others work a lot and know that the amount of work spend in his projects cant be paid for.
Project of over 100 hours and lets say he ask only $ 10,00 an hour (which is nothing) is a $ 1000,00 paint job for 1 mini.
There's not and i really mean almost none collector(s) that is willing to pay that amount.

So my tip to you is, if you enjoy painting high quality and do it as a side job to your normal job please continue to make beautiful mini's because you have a lot of talent my friend!
But if you want to make a living from it you have to think more economic and paint 70 hours a week for a decent legit living.
(at least i have to since IRS over here is a freaking pain!)

Hope this helps out a bit and if you ever have questions you can always ask! Happy

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [19.III.2015 - emissary arrived] - Admiral - 03-20-2015 04:11 AM

Well, know that you're a painter demigod in our eyes, if nothing else. Wink

Very nice to see the emissary in your unit! Looking forward to when he's based.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [19.III.2015 - emissary arrived] - gIL^ - 03-20-2015 11:11 AM

I'm inclined to agree with scar, miniature painting is an industry and you need to make money so a system needs working out. Example.like blue table Painting but those guys went to far and started to churn out trash

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [19.III.2015 - emissary arrived] - Ravenswood - 03-22-2015 04:08 PM

gIL^ Wrote:
If you want to try something different we can work something out. I would commission my battle standard with you.

If you want something just drop me PM. And it is far from 20$ per model, you know Wink

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [19.III.2015 - emissary arrived] - Fuggit Khan - 03-23-2015 07:27 PM

Ravenswood Wrote:
And looks who arrived

Many thanx to Fuggit Khan!

Ah! I'm very happy to see he arrived safely Cheers!

Ravenswood Wrote:
If you want something just drop me PM. And it is far from 20$ per model, you know Wink

I'm fortunate enough to own an emissary model painted by Ravenswood, and I can vouch that YES, his models are worth more than $20 per model.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [19.III.2015 - emissary arrived] - Willmark - 03-24-2015 08:51 PM

I've said it before I'll say it again: despite the presence of big hats this army is epic.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [19.III.2015 - emissary arrived] - Admiral - 03-25-2015 02:47 AM

Can't offer input on the commission business, but I wish you good luck with it!

Willmark Wrote:
I've said it before I'll say it again: despite the presence of big hats this army is epic.

Isn't it time to end the hat-on-mask civil war? Tongue Wink

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [19.III.2015 - emissary arrived] - DAGabriel - 03-25-2015 05:04 AM

Admiral Wrote:

Isn't it time to end the hat-on-mask civil war? Tongue Wink

And take all the fun out of poking injury at your neighbours when there is noone else to fight?
Hashut forbid it!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [19.III.2015 - emissary arrived] - Doombeard - 03-25-2015 10:20 AM

We should set up a world league hats vs masks

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [31.III.2015 - Hobgobbo of March] - Ravenswood - 03-31-2015 04:28 PM

Here be hobgobbo

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [31.III.2015 - Hobgobbo of March] - Yodrin - 04-01-2015 02:53 PM

Just as brilliant as the rest....!!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [31.III.2015 - Hobgobbo of March] - Loidrial - 04-01-2015 03:17 PM

you should make some video tutorial for mortals like us

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [31.III.2015 - Hobgobbo of March] - Grimstonefire - 04-01-2015 03:36 PM

Seeing as I don't recall seeing any so far, have you thought about doing a mounted hobgoblin soon?

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [31.III.2015 - Hobgobbo of March] - Bloodbeard - 04-01-2015 03:54 PM

Another excellent git Ravenswood! Nice.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [31.III.2015 - Hobgobbo of March] - BABIS - 04-02-2015 04:34 AM

Ravenswood Wrote:
Here be hobgobbo

you really like sneaky gits, don't you Takes Hat off

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [31.III.2015 - Hobgobbo of March] - Bassman - 04-06-2015 05:48 AM

BABIS Wrote:

Ravenswood Wrote:
Here be hobgobbo

you really like sneaky gits, don't you Takes Hat off

How could be possible event think some one could not love hobgoblins? C'mon! :-D

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [31.III.2015 - Hobgobbo of March] - Ravenswood - 04-06-2015 07:32 AM

Thanx people! You all motivate me to paint.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [1.V.2015 - Aprilhob] - Ravenswood - 05-01-2015 04:34 AM

Year of the Hobgoblin continues with Hob of April!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [31.III.2015 - Hobgobbo of March] - DAGabriel - 05-01-2015 04:50 AM

Excellent as ever, ravenshob!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [31.III.2015 - Hobgobbo of March] - Admiral - 05-01-2015 05:03 AM

Indeed, the subtle blending, the textures and the checkerboard pattern are delicious. As always. Happy

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [1.V.2015 - Aprilhob] - Roark - 05-01-2015 11:13 AM

That checkering is sick! Could've come out of a Rackham studio...

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [1.V.2015 - Aprilhob] - Fuggit Khan - 05-01-2015 11:38 AM

Yay! More Hobgoblins! Takes Hat off

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [1.V.2015 - Aprilhob] - Yodrin - 05-01-2015 03:45 PM

Fantastic as always!!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [4.V.2015 - Hellsmith v1.2] - Ravenswood - 05-03-2015 05:59 PM

This model I painted both for my "Ultimate Hellsmith" project and Golden Hat XXII
But I late again.
the Hellsmith is here!

This guy want the new home.  If want him - drop me PM

Please vote on CMON http://www.coolminiornot.com/378971
More photos and history http://serpentarium-painting.blogspot.ru/2015/05/hellsmith-v12.html

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [4.V.2015 - Hellsmith v1.2] - Admiral - 05-03-2015 06:32 PM

Top-notch. Now our curiosity is stilled regarding your entry. Nice tattoo and glow effect on the axe!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [4.V.2015 - Hellsmith v1.2] - Yodrin - 05-03-2015 06:43 PM

Awesome!!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [4.V.2015 - Hellsmith v1.2] - Doombeard - 05-03-2015 08:38 PM

10/10 !

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [4.V.2015 - Hellsmith v1.2] - TheHoodedMan - 05-04-2015 02:30 AM

That would have been a top placement at Golden Hat for sure. I like the model a lot because it`s a subtle one with a very good pose and expression and is also very practicable on the table. Paint Job is amazing Takes Hat off.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [4.V.2015 - Hellsmith v1.2] - Grimstonefire - 05-04-2015 06:03 AM

That looks like lightning tattoos on his shoulder, or is it arrows?  Amazing work. I really like the skin tones.

He looks really menacing, a guy you wouldn't want to mess with.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [4.V.2015 - Hellsmith v1.2] - Ravenswood - 05-04-2015 06:54 AM

@Grimstonefire, arrows and runes on one shoulder and a spiderweb on another

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [4.V.2015 - Hellsmith v1.2] - Scar - 05-04-2015 07:16 AM

love him! Happy

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [16.VI.2015 - hob of May] - Ravenswood - 06-15-2015 05:49 PM

thanx Marina "Ringil" for photo

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [16.VI.2015 - hob of May] - Forgefire - 06-15-2015 06:11 PM

Beatifull Gob! Love the shading and patterns.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [16.VI.2015 - hob of May] - Abecedar - 06-15-2015 06:42 PM

Yet again, truly masterful, beautiful work.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [16.VI.2015 - hob of May] - BABIS - 06-16-2015 02:18 PM

I am scared by that evil eye!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [16.VI.2015 - hob of May] - Yodrin - 06-16-2015 03:01 PM

Amazing as usual!! A unit of those will be the best looking and best painted unit of hobbos ever....

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [16.VI.2015 - hob of May] - DAGabriel - 06-16-2015 04:02 PM

Sweet as ever and great pic, compliment to photographer as well  as painter!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [16.VI.2015 - hob of May] - Grimstonefire - 06-16-2015 05:03 PM

How many hobgobs are you up to now?

I'd really like to see your take on a wolf rider btw. Wink

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [16.VI.2015 - hob of May] - Doombeard - 06-16-2015 06:28 PM

The NMM on the silver on that one works really nicely

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [16.VI.2015 - hob of May] - TheHoodedMan - 06-17-2015 01:47 AM

Holy moly! great guy. The belt is a great contrast color on this one.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [16.VI.2015 - hob of May] - Ravenswood - 06-17-2015 05:02 AM

Thanx folks! You motivate me to paint them again and again, even if no more chaos dwarfs in Age of Sigmar.
@Grimstonefire, unfortunately no wolf riders soon in my army. I want to do full unit of sneaky gits first.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [16.VI.2015 - hob of May] - Axtklinge - 06-17-2015 07:29 AM

What a great paint job, congrats!
Love the palette chosen. Oh, and the metalic effects on the blades look fantastic.

Cheers,
A.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [15.XI.2015 - the glorious return] - Ravenswood - 11-15-2015 05:26 AM

12th zwerg for my regiment and only second it this year. Regardless that I now a full time painter, I have very little time to paint for myself. From the other side now I have big practice of painting and my skill grow faster.

bigger and better pics on http://serpentarium-painting.blogspot.ru/2015/11/12th-zwerg.html

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [15.XI.2015 - the glorious return] - Admiral - 11-15-2015 05:57 AM

You mean your painting skill wasn't already towering up to the roof beams? Wink

Gorgeous as usual!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [15.XI.2015 - the glorious return] - Abecedar - 11-15-2015 07:25 PM

What Admiral said.
But you gotta find some time for yourself

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [15.XI.2015 - the glorious return] - Ravenswood - 11-16-2015 03:59 AM

Admiral Wrote:
You mean your painting skill wasn't already towering up to the roof beams? Wink

I want so many things to learn.

Abecedar Wrote:
But you gotta find some time for yourself

I very hope so.

Thanx guys!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [15.XI.2015 - the glorious return] - Grimstonefire - 11-16-2015 04:26 AM

How do you decide where to paint the reflection points on a new model you've not painted before?

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [15.XI.2015 - the glorious return] - Jackswift - 11-16-2015 01:06 PM

Awesome.  Your scratched NMM metallics look amazing.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [15.XI.2015 - the glorious return] - Fuggit Khan - 11-16-2015 01:58 PM

Every time that I think your painting skills could not possibly be any nearer to godhood, you prove me wrong. Stunning paint work Ravenswood! You truly are one of the best painters in the world...the way you painted the metal tones on that ax is incredibly realistic Shock
Hashut truly has bestowed upon you his favor Cheers!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [15.XI.2015 - the glorious return] - Ravenswood - 11-17-2015 02:47 AM

Grimstonefire Wrote:
How do you decide where to paint the reflection points on a new model you've not painted before?

The mini (especially FW Infernal Guard) forms from basic primitives:  ball, cylinder, cone etc. Light and reflexes are standard for this basic primitives just depends of their angle and angle of light.

I highly recomend book of Jeremie Bonamant Teboul "Figopedia 1 – Colour and light – Theory and practice"
Jeremie is one of the best miniature painters in the world. The book contains many illustrations about how paint  right and wrong :-)

Jackswift, Fuggit Khan thanx)

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [15.XI.2015 - the glorious return] - Abecedar - 11-17-2015 04:02 AM

I thought great, "primitives", I should be able to handle this.

And then the word "Theory" de-railed me.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [5.XII.2017 - magma cannon] - Ravenswood - 12-05-2017 10:35 AM

So here is it

More photos, WIPs and voting links in Serpentarium blog http://serpentarium-painting.blogspot.ru/2017/12/chaos-dwarf-magma-cannon.html

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [5.XII.2017 - magma cannon] - tjub - 12-05-2017 10:45 AM

Very impressive!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [5.XII.2017 - magma cannon] - Admiral - 12-05-2017 10:52 AM

Masterpiece. As always. It's a joy to see a warmachine under your paintbrush. Takes Hat off

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [5.XII.2017 - magma cannon] - TheHoodedMan - 12-05-2017 12:00 PM

Wow!  Absolutely awesome. I like the detailwork which extends even to the basing.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [5.XII.2017 - magma cannon] - Abecedar - 12-05-2017 06:28 PM

Shiny.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [5.XII.2017 - magma cannon] - Skink - 12-06-2017 12:34 AM

Wow ShockShockShock

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [5.XII.2017 - magma cannon] - Fuggit Khan - 12-06-2017 02:19 AM

Wonderfully beautiful!
I still admire your emissary that you sent to me, sitting on the top shelf of my display cabinet (alongside the other emissaries that people kindly sent to me)
It's amazing work as always from you Takes Hat off

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [5.XII.2017 - magma cannon] - Uther the unhinged - 12-06-2017 02:58 AM

I have followed this blog for a while hoping to find the right words to compliment your painting... I still can’t think of any that do it justice. Beautiful would be closest.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [5.XII.2017 - magma cannon] - Parish - 12-06-2017 08:11 AM

awesome Shock but the base is too big to field it Wink :p

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [5.XII.2017 - magma cannon] - Grimbold Blackhammer - 12-06-2017 09:32 AM

That might be my favorite thing you've painted so far!  Very, very well done!!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [5.XII.2017 - magma cannon] - Ghrask Dragh - 12-06-2017 12:35 PM

Fantastic work, as ever, I love the damaged armour effect you do it looks jut as good on a huge gun barrel as it does on Chaos dwarfs!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [5.XII.2017 - magma cannon] - Willmark - 12-07-2017 09:35 AM

Impressive as always!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [5.XII.2017 - magma cannon] - Jackswift - 12-07-2017 12:50 PM

Just stunning.  An incredibly beautiful model.  Your army has to look incredible on the field.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [26.I.2018 - not so red Unicorn of Death] - Ravenswood - 01-25-2018 05:28 PM

This zwerg has a long and sad history. For the last five years he has been lying on the desktop and in boxes in various stages: semi-assembled, converted, once again converted, prepared for painting, partially painted, etc.
He is managed to be a warrior with a shield, a two-handed axe, a champion and a test model for a new painting scheme (twice). And even was the "Red Unicorn of Death" (actually Rot Einhorn des Todes - hallo mr. Ben Komets ;-) ) but not for long.
I was tired of everything and painted him late December. Now this guy is looking for a new home.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [26.I.2018 - not so red Unicorn of Death] - Willmark - 01-25-2018 07:45 PM

Amazing as always. Top notch work on the back armor.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [26.I.2018 - not so red Unicorn of Death] - HPN - 01-26-2018 02:46 AM

Stunning! Very characterful and great painting. I love the unicorn head!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [26.I.2018 - not so red Unicorn of Death] - Grimbold Blackhammer - 01-26-2018 08:37 AM

Really nice conversion!  Simple but tells the story Hashut!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [26.I.2018 - not so red Unicorn of Death] - TheHoodedMan - 01-26-2018 06:32 PM

Saw him already on facebook yesterday, but now on a big screen he`s even better. I like the subtle look of him the weapon and head pose. The paint job is superb, I think even smoother and more precise (if possible) than your previous CD. I especially like that the color of the upper body armor appears again on the scales of the metal skirt. Very well done!Cheers!Takes Hat off

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [26.I.2018 - not so red Unicorn of Death] - Abecedar - 01-27-2018 06:25 AM

Love it to bits

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [26.I.2018 - not so red Unicorn of Death] - Pappa Midnight - 01-29-2018 09:43 AM

Beautiful work. I love the weathered armour and the light source painting on the lava is excellent.

PM

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [29.III.2018 - one more wip] - Ravenswood - 03-28-2018 08:54 PM

5 chaos dwarf left. One more will come soon.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [29.III.2018 - one more wip] - HPN - 03-30-2018 04:42 AM

Ravenswood Wrote:

5 chaos dwarf left. One more will come soon.

Stunning painting as usual. I'm especially a fan of the shield, great weathering!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [29.III.2018 - one more wip] - Abecedar - 03-30-2018 05:52 AM

You should be able to hear my jaw drop from where you are.   Just gorgeous

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [29.III.2018 - one more wip] - Admiral - 03-30-2018 06:03 AM

Jaw drop from more northerly climes as well. Of course, this is business as usual in Ravenswood's workshop, but it is deity level paintjob for mortals! Takes Hat off

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [29.III.2018 - one more wip] - Carcearion - 03-30-2018 11:39 AM

Wow man... that axe blade

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [29.III.2018 - one more wip] - Ravenswood - 10-02-2018 02:06 PM

Good news, everyone! ©
My magma cannon won Silver Demon this summer
And now it's om official Golden Demon site https://golden-demon.com/2018/10/02/silver-warhammer-age-of-sigmar-large-model-warhammer-fest-europe-2018/

P.S. I am returned to paint my little 8ed army, just 5 models left

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [29.III.2018 - one more wip] - squalie - 10-02-2018 02:10 PM

Ravenswood Wrote:
Good news, everyone! ©
My magma cannon won Silver Demon this summer
And now it's om official Golden Demon site https://golden-demon.com/2018/10/02/silver-warhammer-age-of-sigmar-large-model-warhammer-fest-europe-2018/

P.S. I am returned to paint my little 8ed army, just 5 models left

Beautiful army.  Your army was one of the inspirations for me to start CD's. True story. Happy

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [29.III.2018 - one more wip] - Admiral - 10-02-2018 02:19 PM

Congratulations, Ravenswood! Well deserved! Cheers!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [29.III.2018 - one more wip] - Uther the unhinged - 10-02-2018 03:06 PM

Well done and well deserved!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [29.III.2018 - one more wip] - Abecedar - 10-02-2018 07:36 PM

Congradulations on the Silver.
Only 5 models left. That will either take you 5 weeks or 5 years I reckon

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [29.III.2018 - one more wip] - Ravenswood - 10-02-2018 07:47 PM

Abecedar Wrote:
Only 5 models left. That will either take you 5 weeks or 5 years I reckon

I hope to finish them in next couple of months. Maybe on new years holidays.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [29.III.2018 - one more wip] - Nicodemus - 10-02-2018 09:28 PM

Way to represent!!! Great accomplishment!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [29.III.2018 - one more wip] - tjub - 10-03-2018 05:27 AM

Congrats, very well deserved! Takes Hat off

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [29.III.2018 - one more wip] - Willmark - 10-07-2018 04:29 PM

I might be biased but this site has some of the best painters on the web all concentrated in one place!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [29.X.2018 - new bronze recipe] - Ravenswood - 10-29-2018 10:00 AM

Workin on new bronze recipe based on Pacific88 paints

RE: Legion of Ravenswood - Gargolock - 10-29-2018 10:06 AM

Wow, incredible. That’s very nice looking. I love the bronze. A little late but congrats on the silver daemon, Great job.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [29.X.2018 - new bronze recipe] - Fuggit Khan - 10-29-2018 11:04 AM

Incredible...it looks like real bronze metal.
If I hadn't known it was paint, I'd swear it's cast in bronze. I just don't know how you do it (yes, I know that you're left handed, maybe that's the trick)...I still marvel at the emissary hobgoblin that you sent to me a few years ago, your painting skills are amazing  Takes Hat off

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [29.X.2018 - new bronze recipe] - Parish - 10-29-2018 11:30 AM

awesome job Big Grin

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [29.X.2018 - new bronze recipe] - Uther the unhinged - 10-29-2018 01:55 PM

Fantastic. I love bronze amd yours does look the business. Really beautiful!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [29.X.2018 - new bronze recipe] - Admiral - 10-30-2018 06:52 AM

Exquisite bronze!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [29.X.2018 - new bronze recipe] - Grimbold Blackhammer - 11-18-2018 06:27 PM

I like this new recipe more than the old one.  And I thought the old one was really good.  So well done indeed!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [29.X.2018 - new bronze recipe] - Willmark - 11-18-2018 07:05 PM

Ravenswood Wrote:
Workin on new bronze recipe based on Pacific88 paints

I've had to take a couple looks at this and then pick my jaw up off the floor, this is nothing short of stunning.

The metal effect is unbelievable.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [29.X.2018 - new bronze recipe] - Hashoooot - 11-19-2018 11:03 AM

Wow! The degree of detail on this fellow is amazing! Can't wait to see him completed...

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [23.XI.2018 - 13th zwerg] - Ravenswood - 11-23-2018 04:40 AM

One more chaos dwarf to my chaos dwarf army.

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [23.XI.2018 - 13th zwerg] - Zanko - 11-23-2018 07:44 AM

Holy shit! Shock  This is a really awesome paintjob!Takes Hat off  I love it! Cheers!

Hashut!

RE: Legion of Ravenswood [23.XI.2018 - 13th zwerg] - Jasko - 11-23-2018 10:52 AM

Hot damn, this is insane! Stunning work, fantastic paintjob.