CDO Forums
Little something for our community, Lore of Hashut Cards! (Revised 5/30/12) - Printable Version

+- CDO Forums (http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Gaming (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules Development (/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Little something for our community, Lore of Hashut Cards! (Revised 5/30/12) (/showthread.php?tid=11163)

Little something for our community, Lore of Hashut Cards! (Revised 5/30/12) - Veshnakar - 05-10-2012 09:25 PM

A while back I faced a very rough family issue and a lot people from this community were very helpful and offered me a literal TON of support.

So as a way of giving back to the community I have spent the past couple of days working on some magic cards for the Lore of Hashut from the Legion of Azgorh book! I know this doesn't apply to everyone but I hope it's of great use to some of you!

Just make sure your printer isn't set to "fit to page" or anything like that, just print actual size and the cards match perfectly with the current warhammer magic cards. Print out 7 card fronts and the 7 card backs and VOILA! Legion of Azgorh magic cards for your pleasure!

I hope you guys enjoy these! I put a lot of work into them. Hope it makes your games a little easier so you don't have to flip through our huge book every time you wish to unleash the fury of Hashut upon our pathetic foes!

OH and PS: I will be starting up my blog soon! So stay tuned for that! I have a ton of chaos dwarfs to paint up!

EDIT: A very helpful member pointed out some grammatical errors and so forth and I went ahead and added the numbers at the beginning of the spells like the new VC cards to help with spells and rolling! Enjoy!

EDIT2: Higher resolution on the Card Front card! Should look a lot better now once you print it out! Sorry for those of you who printed it out already and sacrificed the paper and ink!

[attachment=3338] Card Front (Updated 5/30/2012, higher res!)
[attachment=3320] Breath of Hatred
[attachment=3321]Burning Wrath
[attachment=3322]Dark Subjugation
[attachment=3323]Curse of Hashut
[attachment=3325]Hell Hammer
[attachment=3324]Ash Storm
[attachment=3326]Flames of Azgorh

Enjoy!

RE: A little something for our Community, Lore of Hashut Cards! - Grimbold Blackhammer - 05-11-2012 12:05 AM

These are brilliant!  Thank you!!

Definitely worth some slaves Takes Hat off

RE: A little something for our Community, Lore of Hashut Cards! - CopperPot - 05-11-2012 01:25 AM

Excellent, thankyou

RE: A little something for our Community, Lore of Hashut Cards! - javi - 05-11-2012 01:48 AM

Awesome! I was about to try and do some rubbish black and white thingie and you come out with such a beautiful creation! Here, have some slaves!

Thanks.

Javi.

RE: A little something for our Community, Lore of Hashut Cards! - nilbog - 05-11-2012 03:13 AM

Excellent, thanks a lot for this.

RE: A little something for our Community, Lore of Hashut Cards! - furrie - 05-11-2012 03:37 AM

first off all Thanks for the cards.
Second I'm not sure if its allowed to post these cards here, GW ip and all.

RE: A little something for our Community, Lore of Hashut Cards! - vulcanologist - 05-11-2012 03:44 AM

Well done! Great stuff! Very helpful to alot of people I think!

RE: A little something for our Community, Lore of Hashut Cards! - Da Crusha - 05-11-2012 04:55 AM

very nice work.

another member here also did some cards very similar to these. I cant think of who it was though.

RE: A little something for our Community, Lore of Hashut Cards! - Neil - 05-11-2012 06:09 AM

Coolio, they are fantastic - Thanks

RE: A little something for our Community, Lore of Hashut Cards! - Time of Madness - 05-11-2012 09:17 AM

Love these!

Time of Madness

RE: A little something for our Community, Lore of Hashut Cards! - silentbob27 - 05-11-2012 09:45 AM

Looks great!

RE: A little something for our Community, Lore of Hashut Cards! - Niblebitzer - 05-11-2012 10:02 AM

Super, Thanks!

RE: A little something for our Community, Lore of Hashut Cards! - DAGabriel - 05-11-2012 10:22 AM

Hi Veshnakar, good to see you online again. Thanks and
give my greetings to Winnie!

RE: A little something for our Community, Lore of Hashut Cards! - tvandyke - 05-11-2012 10:40 AM

DAGabriel Wrote:

These are awesome.  Thanks.  Is there a way to make them smaller?  When I print them they take up and entire page.

RE: A little something for our Community, Lore of Hashut Cards! - tvandyke - 05-11-2012 10:49 AM

tvandyke Wrote:

DAGabriel Wrote:

These are awesome.  Thanks.  Is there a way to make them smaller?  When I print them they take up and entire page.

Never mind.  I got it figured out.  Thanks again.

RE: A little something for our Community, Lore of Hashut Cards! - Karring - 05-11-2012 11:23 AM

Great, maaaaaaaaan!!! Someone gives him a ton of slaves... No, better... someone builds him a statue in Zharr Respect to the Hat!

RE: A little something for our Community, Lore of Hashut Cards! - Bassman - 05-11-2012 12:21 PM

Thank you very much. No more wasting time to open the Tamurkhan book looking for spells!!

RE: A little something for our Community, Lore of Hashut Cards! - Thommy H - 05-11-2012 01:21 PM

Those are very nicely done.

RE: A little something for our Community, Lore of Hashut Cards! - warh - 05-11-2012 01:27 PM

Those are super, great job!

RE: A little something for our Community, Lore of Hashut Cards! - BoomBoom - 05-11-2012 01:37 PM

These are f'n outstanding.  Kudos.  
BTW, my advice would be to save these ASAP, as i am uncertain they will be up for long unfortunately....

RE: A little something for our Community, Lore of Hashut Cards! - jaegerbomb77 - 05-11-2012 03:13 PM

how do we print these smaller, so they are actual cards, cant figure it out, ugh

RE: A little something for our Community, Lore of Hashut Cards! - tvandyke - 05-11-2012 03:38 PM

jaegerbomb77 Wrote:
how do we print these smaller, so they are actual cards, cant figure it out, ugh

I had the same problem, but when you bring up the JPEG image and select print, you should see size options on the right (4X6, 5X7, 8X10, 3.5X5, Wallet, Contact Sheet).  Wallet or the 3.5X5 work well.  I'm sure there are other ways but that's what I did.

RE: A little something for our Community, Lore of Hashut Cards! - Thommy H - 05-11-2012 03:43 PM

Right click, copy, paste into your preferred image editing program, do what you like with it.

RE: A little something for our Community, Lore of Hashut Cards! - brotsorrow - 05-11-2012 03:47 PM

Veshnakar - your post is a prime example of why this is such a great site. The members are fantastic at sharing. Thank you very much!

Cheers!

RE: A little something for our Community, Lore of Hashut Cards! - MLP - 05-11-2012 03:50 PM

BoomBoom Wrote:
These are f'n outstanding.  Kudos.  
BTW, my advice would be to save these ASAP, as i am uncertain they will be up for long unfortunately....

I remember someone suggesting that these be made a while back and it was said it wouldn't be allowed so get downloading before anyone notices! Pirate

Very good cards though, much better than my cut out photocopies!

RE: A little something for our Community, Lore of Hashut Cards! - Caine - 05-11-2012 04:12 PM

one word... Epic

RE: A little something for our Community, Lore of Hashut Cards! - Veshnakar - 05-11-2012 06:25 PM

I just wanted to say thanks for all of the kind words! Sorry it took so long for me to respond! (Long day at work)

Thanks for the kind words as to the health of my little one. She is spry and doing quite well for those concerned! The support I have been given from this site means the absolute world to me!

I have to say in advance that if this isn't meant to be on the forums PLEASE let me know, and if anyone has interest in the cards and this isn't allowed on the forums, please shoot me a PM with your email and I will get them to you ASAP. I didn't post these with malicious intent. It was my understanding that since games workshop has their spell rules readily available in other places I figured it okay. But beyond that I hope these cards brings simplicity and convenience to all of your games, and pain and wrath to all of your enemies and the enemies of the sons of the father of darkness himself!

For those of you having issues with the size. I apologize in advance. I did these in photoshop originally to EXACTLY match the size of the current warhammer magic cards, and set them up so I can auto duplex them front and back, and then got them laminated. So for ease of use for other members I had to convert them to JPEG and I don't think the size translated correctly, but it's easy enough to change in your printer settings. Depending on your platform or browser just go to Page Setup for your printer and change the % of actual size to whatever works best for you.

Hope this helps! And all the extra slaves are very much appreciated! My dark smoldering mines ache for fresh working hands!

Cheers Cheers!

RE: A little something for our Community, Lore of Hashut Cards! - Da Crusha - 05-11-2012 08:24 PM

the only one bit of criticism I have is, there are no spell numbers on the cards like all new spell cards.... any plans for a revision? Tongue

RE: A little something for our Community, Lore of Hashut Cards! - Veshnakar - 05-11-2012 08:29 PM

Da Crusha Wrote:
the only one bit of criticism I have is, there are no spell numbers on the cards like all new spell cards.... any plans for a revision? Tongue

I haven't seen this! Which cards have this feature? Vampire Counts?

RE: A little something for our Community, Lore of Hashut Cards! - G.2 - 05-11-2012 08:33 PM

furrie Wrote:
..I'm not sure if its allowed to post these cards here...

RE: A little something for our Community, Lore of Hashut Cards! - Grimbold Blackhammer - 05-11-2012 11:04 PM

In this one instance I think we're ok.  I can post links for other magic cards around the internet that have been there for years.  If GW's police haven't shut those down, I'd hardly think they'd come after these....

One of my favorites for Dark Magic for example
http://www.bttcrecords.com/manticore/downloads/DarkElfMagicCards.pdf

Grimbold Blackhammer

RE: A little something for our Community, Lore of Hashut Cards! - beefcake - 05-12-2012 12:03 AM

Really nice work there. These are awesome. You can have the one and only slave that I have (I'd likely forget to water it and it would end up shrivelling up and die anyway Happy )

RE: A little something for our Community, Lore of Hashut Cards! - Ragnarov - 05-12-2012 02:55 AM

Thank's! Good job

RE: A little something for our Community, Lore of Hashut Cards! - drakkzharr - 05-12-2012 04:06 AM

Thanks alot!

They look excellent! Takes Hat off

RE: A little something for our Community, Lore of Hashut Cards! - Da Crusha - 05-12-2012 05:50 AM

Veshnakar Wrote:
I haven't seen this! Which cards have this feature? Vampire Counts?

I dont have the cards with me right now but I believe VCs, TKs, Ogres, and O&G.

RE: A little something for our Community, Lore of Hashut Cards! - Stepper - 05-12-2012 01:14 PM

Very nice, thanks alot :-)

Ciao,

Stepper

RE: A little something for our Community, Lore of Hashut Cards! - Animatone - 05-12-2012 11:40 PM

The cards are great!

Thank you.

RE: A little something for our Community, Lore of Hashut Cards! - brotsorrow - 05-13-2012 12:44 AM

ok, so i know you will all roll your eyes at me, but Vesh how do you set these up to print front and back in the size of other magic cards?
My extent of printing knowledge is that of printing lectures in either 1,2, 3,4 or 6 slides per page Sad

RE: A little something for our Community, Lore of Hashut Cards! - Ender SpiteSworn - 05-13-2012 02:15 AM

Great Job! Thanks!

RE: A little something for our Community, Lore of Hashut Cards! - French_noodle - 05-13-2012 09:30 AM

Indeed you deserve to have slaves for your work ! I don't have many but you earned them good ! Happy

Thank you

RE: A little something for our Community, Lore of Hashut Cards! - IanC - 05-13-2012 12:23 PM

Very handy! Big Grin

RE: A little something for our Community, Lore of Hashut Cards! - AGPO - 05-13-2012 04:42 PM

Outstanding work Cheers!

RE: A little something for our Community, Lore of Hashut Cards! - Eddandme - 05-21-2012 05:40 PM

I also want to thank you for putting effort in the cards.

I got myself some stickerpaper and printed the cards. After that I simply putted them on the thin cardboard from the boxes where most warhammer come in. And tada see the results Takes Hat off

Not the best picture but what else can you expect from a laptopwebcam Tongue

RE: A little something for our Community, Lore of Hashut Cards! - Lord Aldades - 05-21-2012 07:37 PM

Fantastic, thanks a lot!

RE: A little something for our Community, Lore of Hashut Cards! - rpitts2004 - 05-23-2012 03:21 PM

amazing

RE: A little something for our Community, Lore of Hashut Cards! - MartyF - 05-24-2012 04:40 PM

Thanks a lot, really appreciated!

RE: A little something for our Community, Lore of Hashut Cards! - fattdex - 05-24-2012 06:00 PM

I will trawl my old bookmarks, i had a site booked that does custom front back printing on poker cards. You need to at least print a full deck so if i can find it again would anyone be interested in dividing a printing cost and getting them done pro? Would mail a deck to the op Happy

RE: A little something for our Community, Lore of Hashut Cards! - Hashutcopper - 05-24-2012 06:09 PM

Thanks your awesome hava a slave

RE: Little something for our community, Lore of Hashut Cards! (Revised)Now with numbers! - Bitterman - 05-26-2012 07:31 AM

Thanks for the update, "awesome" just became "perfect"!

RE: Little something for our community, Lore of Hashut Cards! (Revised)Now with numbers! - Obsidian - 05-26-2012 11:27 AM

Very well done, have some slaves! Takes Hat off

RE: Little something for our community, Lore of Hashut Cards! (Revised)Now with numbers! - Rob and Roll - 05-27-2012 10:14 AM

Thank you very much!

RE: Little something for our community, Lore of Hashut Cards! (Revised)Now with numbers! - Da Crusha - 05-28-2012 02:30 AM

perfect. I love the update!

RE: A little something for our Community, Lore of Hashut Cards! - gashnag - 05-29-2012 07:59 PM

Eddandme Wrote:
I also want to thank you for putting effort in the cards.

I got myself some stickerpaper and printed the cards. After that I simply putted them on the thin cardboard from the boxes where most warhammer come in. And tada see the results Takes Hat off

where did you get the stickerpaper you used?

RE: A little something for our Community, Lore of Hashut Cards! - Veshnakar - 05-30-2012 06:22 PM

Updated the cards to be a little higher quality, especially the card front. It looks much better when printed now. Sorry for those of you who printed it already. And thank you so much for all the slaves and compliments sons of darkness!

gashnag Wrote:
where did you get the stickerpaper you used?

If you live in the states a company called Avery makes some. Office Max/Depot and Staples carry it.

http://www.avery.com/avery/en_us/Products/Labels/Shipping-Labels/White-Shipping-Labels_08165.htm?N=4294967286%204294965536&Ns=Rank|0||Product%20Number|1&refchannel=d6c759baa4c2a110VgnVCM1000002118140aRCRD

RE: A little something for our Community, Lore of Hashut Cards! - gashnag - 05-30-2012 11:56 PM

thank you

RE: A little something for our Community, Lore of Hashut Cards! - Da Crusha - 05-31-2012 12:20 AM

Veshnakar Wrote:
Updated the cards to be a little higher quality, especially the card front. It looks much better when printed now. Sorry for those of you who printed it already. And thank you so much for all the slaves and compliments sons of darkness!

good thing I haven't gotten around to printing them yet. just been saving them in case they got removed.  

they look great.

RE: Little something for our community, Lore of Hashut Cards! (Revised 5/30/12) - nappo - 06-06-2012 05:08 AM

Thank you for those! They are fantastic!

RE: Little something for our community, Lore of Hashut Cards! (Revised 5/30/12) - thrawn - 06-07-2012 10:40 PM

thank you! you are awesome!

RE: Little something for our community, Lore of Hashut Cards! (Revised 5/30/12) - Grimbold Blackhammer - 07-30-2012 07:36 PM

I'm ressurecting an old but worthy thread.  When I print these cards (which are awesome btw!), they come out really big.  How have people been shrinking them to a decent size?

RE: Little something for our community, Lore of Hashut Cards! (Revised 5/30/12) - SupremeMasterofHashut - 07-30-2012 08:40 PM

I love these cards so much! I can finally stop looking at my book for spells! You are awesome thank you so much!

RE: Little something for our community, Lore of Hashut Cards! (Revised 5/30/12) - RichardC1967 - 07-30-2012 09:14 PM

Grimbold Blackhammer Wrote:
I'm ressurecting an old but worthy thread.  When I print these cards (which are awesome btw!), they come out really big.  How have people been shrinking them to a decent size?

do you have the re-sizing options on your print screen..I've got two sets of the cards printed, 3x5, and since I seen to be losing my sight I also have them in 8x11...Shock

RE: Little something for our community, Lore of Hashut Cards! (Revised 5/30/12) - Skabrad - 07-31-2012 07:03 PM

These are great man!  Thanking you!

B

RE: Little something for our community, Lore of Hashut Cards! (Revised 5/30/12) - ryanamandaanna - 07-31-2012 07:40 PM

I made some cards out of these and meant to say thanks.  You rock!!!

RE: Little something for our community, Lore of Hashut Cards! (Revised 5/30/12) - Grimbold Blackhammer - 07-31-2012 08:18 PM

Did you make the cards the same size (or close to) as regular Warhammer spell cards?  If so, how did you shrink them without them becoming illegable?

Grimbold Blackhammer

RE: Little something for our community, Lore of Hashut Cards! (Revised 5/30/12) - ryanamandaanna - 07-31-2012 09:47 PM

I think I just copied and pasted into a Microsoft Word document and put 4 to a sheet.  I alternated a page of text and a page of backs and then printed double-sided on card stock.  Came out pretty nice.  Cheers!

RE: Little something for our community, Lore of Hashut Cards! (Revised 5/30/12) - Mr Saturday - 08-01-2012 04:53 AM

This thread just saved me a job of work. Excellent, thanks very much indeed.

RE: Little something for our community, Lore of Hashut Cards! (Revised 5/30/12) - cornixt - 08-01-2012 11:29 AM

If you want them to look very professional, artscow.com do a pretty cheap (compared to everywhere else I have seen) service for printing custom cards.

RE: Little something for our community, Lore of Hashut Cards! (Revised 5/30/12) - GodHead - 08-07-2012 07:52 PM

Where is Hell Hammer??

RE: Little something for our community, Lore of Hashut Cards! (Revised 5/30/12) - RichardC1967 - 08-07-2012 08:28 PM

GodHead Wrote:
Where is Hell Hammer??

click on the one mis-labeled "Ashcloud"

RE: Little something for our community, Lore of Hashut Cards! (Revised 5/30/12) - Veshnakar - 08-07-2012 10:50 PM

Updated the original post. No idea what happened. All cards should be available again, in the correct order.

RE: Little something for our community, Lore of Hashut Cards! (Revised 5/30/12) - Animatone - 08-07-2012 11:46 PM

Just printed them out and am in the process of cutting them out to glue them together.

Thanks so much! You did and awesome job Veshnakar!

RE: Little something for our community, Lore of Hashut Cards! (Revised 5/30/12) - Discoking - 08-09-2012 08:24 AM

Yeah! Thanks so much for doing this.
Now I can stop being a Death Sorcerer! Lol.

RE: Little something for our community, Lore of Hashut Cards! (Revised 5/30/12) - Groznit Goregut - 08-09-2012 11:27 AM

For anyone who wants to know how I printed them out....

1) click on image and let it open in a new browser tab.  SAVE AS.
2) save the front of card 4 times (same image, but diff. names)
3) use the built in Microsoft print job and to four 3x5 pictures.  
4) set to PRINT ON BOTH SIDES
5) use cardstock paper

It will auto align the front and back of the cards and make them a decent size to use.

Personally, I didn't have cardstock at work, but I am thinking of just laminating them

RE: Little something for our community, Lore of Hashut Cards! (Revised 5/30/12) - Discoking - 08-09-2012 12:23 PM

Or insert them as an image to a word doc.
Print out.
Cut & stick to card...

Then laminate.

RE: Little something for our community, Lore of Hashut Cards! (Revised 5/30/12) - cornixt - 08-09-2012 01:50 PM

If printed that size, would they fit inside card protectors, the kind used for CCG games like MTG?

RE: Little something for our community, Lore of Hashut Cards! (Revised 5/30/12) - Veshnakar - 08-09-2012 01:53 PM

Cheers for the kind words everyone.
My will for the dark father!

If I could make a recommendation. For anyone printing out my cards, do them two sided on standard 20pound paper that is above at least a 94 brightness; over 100 is ideal. Thinner paper works much better for lamination as it ensures a nice seal and as long as you get thick lamination it will still be just as durable.

RE: Little something for our community, Lore of Hashut Cards! (Revised 5/30/12) - Tom The Cruel - 08-09-2012 03:18 PM

Veshnakar Wrote:
Cheers for the kind words everyone.
My will for the dark father!

If I could make a recommendation. For anyone printing out my cards, do them two sided on standard 20pound paper that is above at least a 94 brightness; over 100 is ideal. Thinner paper works much better for lamination as it ensures a nice seal and as long as you get thick lamination it will still be just as durable.

You are my new hero
Takes Hat off
TTC

RE: Little something for our community, Lore of Hashut Cards! (Revised 5/30/12) - Zanthrax - 08-10-2012 09:08 AM

Thank you so much for this.

Praise Hashut!

Zanthrax

RE: Little something for our community, Lore of Hashut Cards! (Revised 5/30/12) - bas_2312 - 08-10-2012 10:51 AM

Thanks Veshnakar for the design, and thanks cornixt for the printing website! I just provided my gaming group with Chaos Dwarf magic cards Happy

They look a little dark in these pics, but in person they're awesome! Big Grin

RE: Little something for our community, Lore of Hashut Cards! (Revised 5/30/12) - Mr Saturday - 08-13-2012 09:05 AM

Aye, thanks Cornixt, great tip on the printing! I have 7 sets of cards to dole out to the faithful at the next tourney.

RE: Little something for our community, Lore of Hashut Cards! (Revised 5/30/12) - Bolg - 08-15-2012 06:14 AM

This is awesome, Bas_2312 printed a deck and gave me a set so I rewrote the list I'm using now to include a level 3 (its only 1800 points). The lore of Hasut is so much better than Death.

Thanx!

RE: Little something for our community, Lore of Hashut Cards! (Revised 5/30/12) - cornixt - 08-15-2012 08:25 AM

I plan to use Artscow for printing my own, how did they turn out? They look pretty good in the photos, are the words in high enough definition?

RE: Little something for our community, Lore of Hashut Cards! (Revised 5/30/12) - RichardC1967 - 08-15-2012 09:03 AM

here are mine..I have them in normal size and in Super -Size..7x10.5...

RE: Little something for our community, Lore of Hashut Cards! (Revised 5/30/12) - Mr Saturday - 08-15-2012 09:19 AM

Giant lore cards, I love it.

Quote:
I plan to use Artscow for printing my own, how did they turn out? They look pretty good in the photos, are the words in high enough definition?

Good quality, similar to playing cards. The text is fine. Plastic card sleeves will also fit this size, which is handy.

RE: Little something for our community, Lore of Hashut Cards! (Revised 5/30/12) - RichardC1967 - 08-15-2012 12:27 PM

Mr Saturday Wrote:
Giant lore cards, I love it.

Yea, my eyesite is crappy so I need all the help I can get..Shock

RE: Little something for our community, Lore of Hashut Cards! (Revised 5/30/12) - CopperPot - 08-15-2012 12:41 PM

They are HugeShock nice one.

RE: Little something for our community, Lore of Hashut Cards! (Revised 5/30/12) - RichardC1967 - 08-16-2012 12:13 AM

CopperPot Wrote:
They are HugeShock nice one.

I can't wait to try them out at a game and see the other players reactions..since the CD's are small, I guess have to have giant magic spell cards..

RE: Little something for our community, Lore of Hashut Cards! (Revised 5/30/12) - Mr Saturday - 08-16-2012 04:27 AM

I would have gotten giant cards if I'd thought of it. It would be hilarious during a game.

RE: Little something for our community, Lore of Hashut Cards! (Revised 5/30/12) - RichardC1967 - 08-16-2012 06:21 AM

Mr Saturday Wrote:
I would have gotten giant cards if I'd thought of it. It would be hilarious during a game.

Feel free to do so...I don't mind if you use my idea...Takes Hat off

RE: Little something for our community, Lore of Hashut Cards! (Revised 5/30/12) - Veshnakar - 08-16-2012 04:12 PM

RichardC1967 Wrote:

Mr Saturday Wrote:

Says the guy using my cards! Wink They look good though! Surprised the resolution stood up to that size.

Cheers!

Also a bit of a small request, but these cards are getting so much circulation that I am meeting people at tournaments in nearby cities with the cards, and they are stating that a friend made them. Please everyone if you dole these out, give credit where it's do please?

I don't mean to be so possessive, especially since the card's front artwork isn't mine, but I put a great deal of hours into getting these cards perfect and even had to pay for the exact font that GW uses on their cards, so it would mean a lot to me! I wanted to refrain from signaturing the cards in hopes that they maintained as absolute closeness as possible to the GW spell cards for other race lores.

A small request but hopefully not a burden. A simple "Veshnakar from CDO made these" will do.

RE: Little something for our community, Lore of Hashut Cards! (Revised 5/30/12) - Mr Saturday - 08-16-2012 04:40 PM

As I hand each set out, I will certainly pronounce "Veshnakar from CDO made these" in clear tones. You've done the CD community a great service.

RE: Little something for our community, Lore of Hashut Cards! (Revised 5/30/12) - CopperPot - 08-16-2012 04:47 PM

You should of put your own special mark or initials on them.

RE: Little something for our community, Lore of Hashut Cards! (Revised 5/30/12) - Thommy H - 08-16-2012 05:47 PM

Quote:
and even had to pay for the exact font that GW uses on their cards

Really? The standard GW font is Caslon Antique which is freely available. They also use Fritz Quadrata a lot.

RE: Little something for our community, Lore of Hashut Cards! (Revised 5/30/12) - RichardC1967 - 08-16-2012 05:55 PM

Veshnakar Wrote:

RichardC1967 Wrote:

Mr Saturday Wrote:

Says the guy using my cards! Wink They look good though! Surprised the resolution stood up to that size.

Cheers!

Also a bit of a small request, but these cards are getting so much circulation that I am meeting people at tournaments in nearby cities with the cards, and they are stating that a friend made them. Please everyone if you dole these out, give credit where it's do please?

I don't mean to be so possessive, especially since the card's front artwork isn't mine, but I put a great deal of hours into getting these cards perfect and even had to pay for the exact font that GW uses on their cards, so it would mean a lot to me! I wanted to refrain from signaturing the cards in hopes that they maintained as absolute closeness as possible to the GW spell cards for other race lores.

A small request but hopefully not a burden. A simple "Veshnakar from CDO made these" will do.

I apologize for my wording..what I meant by it, was to use my idea of blowing them up to life-size..I didn't mean any disrespect to your awesome contribution by implying anything else..These cards are a godsend...thanks!!Takes Hat off

RE: Little something for our community, Lore of Hashut Cards! (Revised 5/30/12) - CopperPot - 08-20-2012 05:08 PM

bas_2312 Wrote:
Thanks Veshnakar for the design, and thanks cornixt for the printing website! I just provided my gaming group with Chaos Dwarf magic cards Happy

They look a little dark in these pics, but in person they're awesome! Big Grin

How much did they charge for these I want some they look great.

RE: Little something for our community, Lore of Hashut Cards! (Revised 5/30/12) - bas_2312 - 08-20-2012 06:22 PM

CopperPot Wrote:
How much did they charge for these I want some they look great.

Incl. shipping it was 17 dollars.

RE: Little something for our community, Lore of Hashut Cards! (Revised 5/30/12) - CopperPot - 08-20-2012 06:42 PM

So was this artscow.com.

RE: Little something for our community, Lore of Hashut Cards! (Revised 5/30/12) - Giftzwerg - 08-25-2012 10:23 PM

Beautiful!

RE: Little something for our community, Lore of Hashut Cards! (Revised 5/30/12) - gashnag - 08-26-2012 09:15 PM

I had mine done at staples and it cost $16 for double sided, color, card stock, laminated. Plus they screwed up the first time and they put the mistakes in with the correct ones and I then sold the mistakes for $8

RE: Little something for our community, Lore of Hashut Cards! (Revised 5/30/12) - GodHead - 09-21-2012 10:29 AM

gashnag Wrote:
I had mine done at staples and it cost $16 for double sided, color, card stock, laminated. Plus they screwed up the first time and they put the mistakes in with the correct ones and I then sold the mistakes for $8

Just bringing this back to the first page.

I don't understand Art Cow's border business, and ended up royally screwing up my first batch. Can someone who has successfully ordered some order some more for me?

Also, I am requesting that this be stickied.

RE: Little something for our community, Lore of Hashut Cards! (Revised 5/30/12) - MLP - 09-21-2012 11:15 AM

I found just putting 4 card fronts (then 4 backs on the second)per page in microsoft word then printing on card it came out fine! Then laminate to your hearts content. There's normally a few internet cafe type places that can do this for you around the UK and I'm sure places like staples can help too.

I'll second the sticky too, these cards need to be seen by any new chaps. Perhaps even a link on the front page as an exceptional resource.

RE: Little something for our community, Lore of Hashut Cards! (Revised 5/30/12) - GodHead - 10-17-2012 04:54 PM

Bringing this back to the main page again.

Also, for someone who has had luck with the artscow site, can I get them to print me some stuff? I must be an idiot, because I had no idea what their formatting requirements were, and ended up with a bunch of trash.

Can someone who actually has some, and they worked PM me about this please?

RE: Little something for our community, Lore of Hashut Cards! (Revised 5/30/12) - cornixt - 10-17-2012 06:50 PM

I haven't used them for these cards, but the cards I had printed through them came out with almost nothing taken off the edges. The "safe" area is pretty confusing. Now is a good time to do it because they have 25% off with no postage if you use a special code.

RE: Little something for our community, Lore of Hashut Cards! (Revised 5/30/12) - ZigZags - 02-06-2013 05:22 AM

I lack the access to such a printer but would someone who can make these on card stock double sided and the size of MTG Cards make me a set? I would pay +shipping Happy PM me

RE: Little something for our community, Lore of Hashut Cards! (Revised 5/30/12) - Grimbold Blackhammer - 02-06-2013 09:45 AM

I took mine to a local printer (Kinko's actually) - cost me about $4.

RE: Little something for our community, Lore of Hashut Cards! (Revised 5/30/12) - Blackspine - 02-06-2013 03:33 PM

Make sure to laminate them.
they last longer and you can use cheaper card stock/ paper. thus costing less.

that and when someone spills, they're fine.

RE: Little something for our community, Lore of Hashut Cards! (Revised 5/30/12) - ZigZags - 02-06-2013 05:46 PM

Blackspine Wrote:
Make sure to laminate them.
they last longer and you can use cheaper card stock/ paper. thus costing less.

that and when someone spills, they're fine.

You just take the files to Kinkos on a thumb drive?

RE: Little something for our community, Lore of Hashut Cards! (Revised 5/30/12) - Blackspine - 02-06-2013 05:56 PM

yep.
just make sure to walk them through it.

I printed out and laminated my Tamurkhan; travel edition.
(just the CD pages)

pretty happy w it

RE: Little something for our community, Lore of Hashut Cards! (Revised 5/30/12) - moses - 02-07-2013 06:24 PM

hi there,
i am pretty new here, found this thread yesterdays, now i have a set of my own cards.
thanks for doing all this work mate.

moses

RE: Little something for our community, Lore of Hashut Cards! (Revised 5/30/12) - Gunnerson - 02-15-2013 02:29 PM

Sick, thanks for the great cards man!

RE: Little something for our community, Lore of Hashut Cards! (Revised 5/30/12) - Duke Lisle - 02-19-2013 10:00 AM

I'd also like to express my thanks! Praise Hashut!Tongue Wink

RE: Little something for our community, Lore of Hashut Cards! (Revised 5/30/12) - Yodrin - 02-19-2013 01:05 PM

Duke Lisle Wrote:
I'd also like to express my thanks! Praise Hashut!Tongue Wink

+1, fantastic job!!

RE: Little something for our community, Lore of Hashut Cards! (Revised 5/30/12) - Rorek - 10-11-2013 02:12 AM

Amazing cards, you have just made my life so much easier.  Thanks.

Rorek.

RE: Little something for our community, Lore of Hashut Cards! (Revised 5/30/12) - PhilmacFLy - 10-11-2013 08:53 AM

I made a ODT file for my self to print it and uploaded it on Google Drive, it includes front and back side if you wnat to print it yourself:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BwP6AL3L3e4jamlXdHJHS3E3Sm8&usp=sharing

RE: Little something for our community, Lore of Hashut Cards! (Revised 5/30/12) - Bloodbeard - 10-11-2013 10:35 PM

This forum is so massive, it's possible to keep finding old cool threads.

Thanks for this. It's great.

RE: Little something for our community, Lore of Hashut Cards! (Revised 5/30/12) - Bloodbeard - 12-22-2013 01:23 AM

I've made a pdf with the card pictures in them. I myself find the GW magic cards a little too small, so I made these to have 4 cards on a piece of paper.

Had them printed and laminated at work, just used them in a game and they work really well.

Let my know if the links doesn't work, but you should be able to get them from my drive. I not a computer geek - and because of the holidays I'm working off my fathers mac.

CLICK HERE FOR CARDS!

RE: Little something for our community, Lore of Hashut Cards! (Revised 5/30/12) - Karring - 12-22-2013 06:22 AM

It is a great work. Thank you very much.

RE: Little something for our community, Lore of Hashut Cards! (Revised 5/30/12) - tenebre - 05-30-2014 07:39 AM

i printed these also!! they look fantastic. thanks!

RE: Little something for our community, Lore of Hashut Cards! (Revised 5/30/12) - Malorndk - 05-30-2014 09:11 AM

Hadn't seen these before. Thx for the threadcromancy tenebre.

And ofc thx to Veshnakar for the original content <3

RE: Little something for our community, Lore of Hashut Cards! (Revised 5/30/12) - Morgrim Blackbeard - 01-11-2015 08:52 PM

Thank you so much. I just printed these out!

RE: Little something for our community, Lore of Hashut Cards! (Revised 5/30/12) - Veshnakar - 01-11-2015 11:34 PM

Morgrim Blackbeard Wrote:
Thank you so much. I just printed these out!

Of course! Takes Hat off

RE: Little something for our community, Lore of Hashut Cards! (Revised 5/30/12) - edriarr blackleaf - 06-16-2015 08:14 AM

I've just seen these cards on youtube in a battle report featuring Chaos Dwarves vs Dwarves.
The Lore of Hashut deck looked gorgeous. I do love seeing things that have been shared with the community popping up in peoples collections.

Guerrilla Miniatures Games : Old World Adventures - Warhammer Battle Report - Ep 06

RE: Little something for our community, Lore of Hashut Cards! (Revised 5/30/12) - gIL^ - 06-16-2015 09:13 AM

Ash is just awesome everyone needs to support his youtube channel, he was the main draw for mini wargaming and I want ash to earn enough so he can give me batreps all the time.

RE: Little something for our community, Lore of Hashut Cards! (Revised 5/30/12) - Xander - 08-28-2018 10:17 PM

Moving this to Rules Dev!

RE: Little something for our community, Lore of Hashut Cards! (Revised 5/30/12) - Jasko - 11-28-2018 11:19 AM

Wow, thanks so much, stellar work!