CDO Forums
Golden Hat XX Voting Thread - Printable Version

+- CDO Forums (http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Chaos Dwarfs Online (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: Website News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Golden Hat XX Voting Thread (/showthread.php?tid=13768)

Golden Hat XX Voting Thread - Nicodemus - 12-02-2013 03:08 AM

Welcome to the voting thread for the 20th Golden Hat modeling and painting competition, sponsored by The Russian Alternative!  

How to vote:
Please submit 3 numbers as votes by sending a PM to Golden Hat, account (an special account all Staff members can access). We had 19 entries this time, which means each entrant will receive 19 slaves once the winners have been announced. Also, because there were more than 10 entries, there will be Gold, Silver, and Bronze Golden Hat medals to be awarded!

Each (more or less) anonymous entry is numbered ranging from 1 to 19. There is no need to specify which one you think is 1st, 2nd or 3rd. Simply list the three that you like we will do the rest.

Voting will close at 11:59 PM Dec 8th, 2013 EST (Eastern Standard Timezone).   Once the votes are tallied we will post the results.

<1<2<3<4<5<6<7<8<9<10<11<12<13<14<15<16<17<18<19

Remember, each winner will receive a unit of Dwarfs of Fire Canyon, a command unit and the Dwarf of Fire Canyon hero - that's 14 of these fantastically sculpted multi-part metal models to each winner!!

In addition,there will also be a random-draw giveaway for a veritable hoard of bitz (donated by me), and any participant could win!

Great job everyone and good luck!
~N

Update Correction... 19 entries.

RE: Golden Hat XX Voting Thread - Bassman - 12-02-2013 03:17 AM

Compliments to everybody. I need time to choose my favs!!!!!!

RE: Golden Hat XX Voting Thread - Zanko - 12-02-2013 03:56 AM

Damn cool stuff! Takes Hat off

It is once more very difficult to choose my favourites! Cheers!

I'm really, really curious who will be the 3 winners - I have no idea! Wink

Hashut!

RE: Golden Hat XX Voting Thread - Sticklander - 12-02-2013 04:11 AM

I'm actually quite excited to see how this turns out!

All fantastic entries!

RE: Golden Hat XX Voting Thread - Admiral - 12-02-2013 05:09 AM

Good entries! It's particularly nice to see converted Titan Wargames Dwarfs in there.

RE: Golden Hat XX Voting Thread - bas_2312 - 12-02-2013 06:14 AM

There's some awesome stuff here... it's hard to pick three! Good job everyone Happy

RE: Golden Hat XX Voting Thread - Dînadan - 12-02-2013 06:22 AM

Looks like it's going to be a close call - good luck to all who've entered.

RE: Golden Hat XX Voting Thread - Kamphre - 12-02-2013 06:24 AM

It's really hard to find my 3 favourites!
Congrats to all participants!

RE: Golden Hat XX Voting Thread - Sticklander - 12-02-2013 06:35 AM

Sorry to have to be the one who asks, but are we allowed to vote for our own entry? ahaha Big Grin

RE: Golden Hat XX Voting Thread - Sticklander - 12-02-2013 06:39 AM

Herby Wrote:

Ah yes, but as it says, it does seem very unsporting.. I shall have to wrestle with my conscious, and torture a few slaves..

RE: Golden Hat XX Voting Thread - DAGabriel - 12-02-2013 07:56 AM

Great work, guys. My entry seems decidedly humble here!

RE: Golden Hat XX Voting Thread - Skink - 12-02-2013 07:58 AM

Thank you Herby Cheers!!

This is another great episode of the Golden Hat!!!

RE: Golden Hat XX Voting Thread - gIL^ - 12-02-2013 08:57 AM

Probably the best Golden Hat ever!

Some models are great from the conversions but some are great for the painting.

I don't know what to choose!

RE: Golden Hat XX Voting Thread - Bloodbeard - 12-02-2013 10:07 AM

Great entries. Looked at the thread a couple of times, and I've cast my votes!

RE: Golden Hat XX Voting Thread - tjub - 12-02-2013 10:19 AM

Great work guys! ...and I see that I have a fan of my old Arcane Fulcrum as well. Wink

RE: Golden Hat XX Voting Thread - Yodrin - 12-02-2013 10:56 AM

WOW amazing stuff!!!, GZ to all who entered. How to choose???????

RE: Golden Hat XX Voting Thread - Sticklander - 12-02-2013 11:32 AM

Herby Wrote:
unsporting?!...pfff. Go the Chaos Dwarf way. HAR HAR HAR.Respect to the Hat!

I was also thinking it would be suitably Dawi-Zharr-ish to do so Wink

OT: I opened all the entries into taps. So far I've eliminated them down to eight, and now I'm stuck! haha

RE: Golden Hat XX Voting Thread - Sticklander - 12-02-2013 11:42 AM

Just noticed the exhaust pipes coming out from entry 3's.. err... Rear guard Wink

RE: Golden Hat XX Voting Thread - Vogon - 12-02-2013 11:47 AM

My votes are in Happy

RE: Golden Hat XX Voting Thread - Fuggit Khan - 12-02-2013 12:37 PM

Shock This will take me a day or two to narrow my favorites down to just three...so many cool entries Shock

RE: Golden Hat XX Voting Thread - JMR - 12-02-2013 01:51 PM

Congratulations to everyone on another successful Golden Hat and to all the participants for finishing another awesome model (or more)! Also thanks to Russian Alternative and Nicodemus for supplying prices.

My votes are in. It was rather easy to figure out who made them too Tongue Wink

RE: Golden Hat XX Voting Thread - DAGabriel - 12-02-2013 03:28 PM

Votes are on their way!
Now back to the BSL!

RE: Golden Hat XX Voting Thread - zhatan87 - 12-02-2013 03:34 PM

Really incredible stuff there!!!
Congrats to all!

RE: Golden Hat XX Voting Thread - Sticklander - 12-02-2013 07:36 PM

Votes in! Good luck everyone! May Hashut guide thy hooves!

RE: Golden Hat XX Voting Thread - Bassman - 12-03-2013 05:53 AM

My votes are in! Now looking forward for results…. Happy

RE: Golden Hat XX Voting Thread - Yodrin - 12-03-2013 06:47 AM

Voted, was a tuffy!!

RE: Golden Hat XX Voting Thread - Willmark - 12-03-2013 04:46 PM

There is some great work here everyone , great job.

In the end for me work got hellish and I wasn't able to finish mine Sad

RE: Golden Hat XX Voting Thread - Fuggit Khan - 12-03-2013 06:25 PM

My votes are in...
This was really tough for me, too many entries that I loved.
It took me half a day just to narrow it down to my favorite 4...in the end I have to admit that I just could not for the life of me narrow it down to a final 3, I just loved them all too much. So I ended up writing the 4 numbers on pieces of paper and drew 3 of the 4 at random. Probably not the best way to do it, but seriously, there IS so much cool stuff here!
Well done everybody Takes Hat off

RE: Golden Hat XX Voting Thread - Abecedar - 12-04-2013 01:33 AM

Aaaargh! My cunning plan backfired.  I decided not to look for a while so as to not get anxious waiting. so i managed to wait 4 days and this was up 2 days ago.

Can I vote for 18 entries? to make it easier for me (that excludes my own)

RE: Golden Hat XX Voting Thread - Nicodemus - 12-04-2013 03:29 AM

Herby Wrote:
BUT if there is a tie again? Two third places for example. That happened in the past I think more than once. Will there be a runoff election or will The Russian alternative donate another round?

We'll cross that bridge if and when we have to. One thing to remember up front is that we (I) solicited a donation for the contest and suggested the possibility of there being a prize for the top entry or a graded level of prizes for Gold, Silver and Bronze. The Russian Alternative was exceptionally gracious to offer their (at the time of offer) entire line of Dwarves of Fire Canyon line of models to each of the top 3 entrants, but I'm not square with asking them for more models this late in the process (killing the golden goose and all), nor do I think it's a good idea to begin thinking about subdividing their offer of models into smaller sets for tied entries.  

Rest assured, I have thoughts on how to address various possible outcomes, but this will be done with the considered input and effort of other CDO staff and will not be up to me alone.

Lastly, I'd like to point out something very important - Unlike other CDO contests here in the past GHXX has so far been very positive in all respects from the outset and there are even 3 sets of models that have been generously offered in donation, so let's focus on the positive Wink

~N

P.S.  And Herby, don't even go down the road of considering how much more of a headache it might be if we have a 3-way tie, or ties for more than one medal!!  dead  Oh my, yikes!!

RE: Golden Hat XX Voting Thread - Fuggit Khan - 12-04-2013 05:54 PM

Nicodemus Wrote:
In addition,there will also be a random-draw giveaway for a veritable hoard of bitz (donated by me), and any participant could win!
Great job everyone and good luck!
~N

Hello all, I've checked with Nicodemus and he has given me the 'okay' to add another random giveaway prize for Golden Hat XX, and he asked me to post that info here.
So, I have an unopened vintage blister pack of mint 4th edition Chaos Dwarf warriors with axes that I will mail off to a lucky random participant (as determined by the CDO staff naturally).
Yes, they are Big Hats...I know many of you are helms/masks/whatever, but hey, it's free stuff and who knows? Maybe this will lead you to the path of Hashut Big Hat Wink

One catch though, due to oversea's holiday plans with the family, I won't be able to mail them until January...but better late than never, right?

Takes Hat off

RE: Golden Hat XX Voting Thread - Sticklander - 12-04-2013 07:00 PM

Damn you, Fuggit! You generous gentledwarf, you!

RE: Golden Hat XX Voting Thread - Bloodbeard - 12-05-2013 12:37 AM

That contribution is worth some slaves. I'll send some your way Mr. Fuggit! Great job.

RE: Golden Hat XX Voting Thread - Admiral - 12-05-2013 07:06 AM

That's very kind, Fuggit.

Regarding possible ties, isn't the simplest solution to just hand out prizes to the top three, even if two or even three of them are gold ties? If two, that'd leave one prize over for the silver medal, whilst the bronze winner can make do with the glory only.

After all, you stated that the top three winners would receive Russian Alternative's generous donations.

RE: Golden Hat XX Voting Thread - Vogon - 12-05-2013 07:21 AM

The problem comes if two (or more) entries tie for third.  So you may have one winner, one in silver and two in third with the same number of votes needing 4 prizes.

and to Fuggit Khan.  Sir you are a gentleman and very generous.

Cheers

Vogon

RE: Golden Hat XX Voting Thread - Goltor Lintrepide - 12-05-2013 11:28 AM

Darn! those entries are beautiful!

I'm trying choose three, but it's really hard!

There's at least 5 of them I would have voted for.

What a difficult choice...

Congrats to all for the great work!

RE: Golden Hat XX Voting Thread - Fuggit Khan - 12-05-2013 12:35 PM

Bloodbeard Wrote:
That contribution is worth some slaves. I'll send some your way Mr. Fuggit!

Well thank you! I promise to treat the slaves with the utter contempt that they deserve while working them to death in the mines Hashut!

RE: Golden Hat XX Voting Thread - Nicodemus - 12-05-2013 03:32 PM

Thanks again Fuggit Khan!

From my original GHXX posting here was what I said about the extra prizes (so far, a hoard of bitz from myself and some classic Big Hat CDs from Fuggit):

GHXX Announcement Wrote:
In addition, we'd like to have some random-draw giveaways so that any participant will have a chance to win a prize.  If you want to contribute a prize, you must be willing to pay for the shipping to send it to a fellow member.

I myself will be donating a bag of Warhammer Fantasy bits to one random entrant ...

So the way it has been presented, anyone, including a medal winner could walk away with a random prize along with their Russian Alternative models.  What I propose, however, is that the pile of bitz and the Big Hats be mutually exclusive, who ever wins one isn't eligible for the other, but it'll otherwise be totally random, including which give away is awarded, just so that we don't have people fighting about wanting to be removed from consideration for one prize in the hopes they win the other.  So, a single random prize to a single random entrant, with awards for medal winners handled independently.

I did a quick tally of the votes earlier today and we had no ties, but before I logged out there were two more votes resulting in a tie for Bronze.  There's still only a few votes separating Gold, Silver and Bronze though, so if you haven't voted be sure you do before the deadline Wink

Thanks to *everyone* so far for voting for 3 entries (as opposed to submitting a vote for 1 or 4 entries), which usually happens each contest dead

~N

RE: Golden Hat XX Voting Thread - Skink - 12-05-2013 04:50 PM

I actually would like to thank you Nicodemus!!! I mean, you did an awesome job with this Golden Hat! The banner was astonishing, the day after the deadline the voting thread was already up, and don't get me started on the prizes!!!

RE: Golden Hat XX Voting Thread - Sticklander - 12-05-2013 08:04 PM

Skink Wrote:
I actually would like to thank you Nicodemus!!! I mean, you did an awesome job with this Golden Hat! The banner was astonishing, the day after the deadline the voting thread was already up, and don't get me started on the prizes!!!

He's really gone above and beyond the call of duty!

Bravo, Nicodemus! I take my hat off to you Takes Hat off but quickly put it back on, before anyone realises how short I am...

RE: Golden Hat XX Voting Thread - tjub - 12-06-2013 01:22 AM

Jupp I agree, great handling of GH Nico! Happy

RE: Golden Hat XX Voting Thread - Yodrin - 12-06-2013 08:24 AM

tjub Wrote:
Jupp I agree, great handling of GH Nico! Happy

+1 !!!

RE: Golden Hat XX Voting Thread - Bolg - 12-06-2013 04:13 PM

+1 (defiantly)

Oh and just in case of a tie, check if one of them voted for themselves, as that in my book would be an easy dealbreaker d:

(And the whole supplying the prices for a GH is quite interesting, If I ever make it to a 3rd album I'll have a talk with my publisher and or think about the costs is there is interest in non CD related prices to be won)

RE: Golden Hat XX Voting Thread - Sticklander - 12-06-2013 04:46 PM

As I said to Nicodemus, this competition has inspired a lot of generosity and good will, amongst a crew of cold hearted slave drivers such as ourselves!

In the spirit of such, I've decided to giveaway 25 plastic Chaos Dwarf axemen, as well as full command. These will go to one random entrant, excluding the three winners and, of course, myself.

It's not much, but I wanted to give a little bit more to our community Big Grin

RE: Golden Hat XX Voting Thread - Nicodemus - 12-06-2013 07:44 PM

That's an awesome prize! Oh my.

Due to a conflict of interest I'll need to solicit one of the other staff to pick the random numbers Wink
~N

RE: Golden Hat XX Voting Thread - Bloodbeard - 12-07-2013 05:37 PM

I could really use 25 big hats for my next project. Then I wouldn't have to use needles/pins (whats the name?) for bighats. Awesome extra price!

RE: Golden Hat XX Voting Thread - Nicodemus - 12-07-2013 05:43 PM

Tell your friends - Voting closes tomorrow night!!

Updated the tally and confirmed vote numbers, there's the Gold and Silver entries seem relatively clear, we had a 3-way tie for Bronze until this morning, but the Bronze entry only leads by a single vote!!  It's going to be tight!

~N

RE: Golden Hat XX Voting Thread - Dînadan - 12-07-2013 05:46 PM

Bloodbeard Wrote:
I could really use 25 big hats for my next project. Then I wouldn't have to use needles/pins (whats the name?) for bighats. Awesome extra price!

Drawing pins?

RE: Golden Hat XX Voting Thread - Bloodbeard - 12-08-2013 02:38 AM

Dînadan Wrote:

Bloodbeard Wrote:

Drawing pins?

Thanks. ... In Denmatk they're callede "tegnestifter". It's actually a litteral translation. Duh.

RE: Golden Hat XX Voting Thread - Sticklander - 12-08-2013 09:12 AM

A lamp just fell on my entry... Respect to the Mask!

RE: Golden Hat XX Voting Thread - Yodrin - 12-08-2013 09:51 AM

Sticklander Wrote:

Huh, broken?

RE: Golden Hat XX Voting Thread - Sticklander - 12-08-2013 10:15 AM

Yodrin Wrote:

Sticklander Wrote:

Huh, broken?

Nothing that can't be glued back together. Just a pain!

RE: Golden Hat XX Voting Thread - Yodrin - 12-08-2013 04:40 PM

Sticklander Wrote:
Nothing that can't be glued back together. Just a pain!

Yea, for sure

RE: Golden Hat XX Voting Thread - Bloodbeard - 12-08-2013 05:20 PM

I Denmark it's time to go to bed. I'm really excited to see the results tomorrow. It must be extremely close.