CDO Forums
Community Awards 2016 - Winners - Printable Version

+- CDO Forums (http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Chaos Dwarfs Online (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: Website News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Community Awards 2016 - Winners (/showthread.php?tid=16895)

Community Awards 2016 - Winners - Bloodbeard - 02-10-2017 04:25 PM

Community Awards 2016
The voting period is over and we have some winners of the community awards 2016.

First of all thanks you to all the Members who took time to nominate their fellow Dawi Zharr. Thanks to the members who actually votes on the different categories to let us find some winners!

We've included all your heart warning words attached to your nominations. There's far too much warmth here for you do Dawi Zharr. Better go skin a goblin, get some evil back in those hearts.

Let the awards be given!

Best Attitude -
Abecedar, A constant motivator, commentator and hobbyist over an extensive period of time, always positive and nice to read.
Always ready to pipe in and tell you what you need to hear (good or bad), and never leaves you wanting to give him ten lashes with your whip.

A member should be nominated on their forum presence and behavior toward other members, displaying exemplary attitudes of kindness and encouragement.

Best General -
MalornDK
for his massive nights long 8th edition battle, for his endurance, good tactical decisions and creativity in preparing the game.

14,000 Point Legendary Battle!!! His tactical analysis, strategic gambits (or fumbles), amazing battle report, and over all sharing the event with us from building the battle field and writing the scenario all the way to through to the actual weekend of mayhem it self was the most fun I've ever had war-gaming while not actually war-gaming.

This member is always ready to give advice on army lists, has very good lists of his own, and perhaps has won a tournament or two using his Chaos Dwarf army.

Best Hobbyist -
Pappa Midnight
, Winner of the latest GH, but otherwise also an excellent and talented convertor and astonishing painter which does really inspiring models.

His high contrast work and color scheme exemplifies not only the gruesome burning darkness of the Chaos Dwarves, but also their over the top ostentatious style.

For the best red in the business.

A nominee for this award has contributed an amazing model, or models that exemplifies what a Chaos Dwarf army should look like: flawless execution of conversion and painting while adhering to the Chaos Dwarf mythos.

Best Contributor -
Admiral
,  To say nothing of his work as a moderator or his numerous contributions as a writer of engaging lore and stories of Zharr-Niggrund I think his work on the extremely interesting and characterful Evil Dwarves of Ancient Times alone is enough to mark him as best contributor of the year- giving all of us new hobby fuel and more then a few great discussions about chaos dwarf society as we follow along with his progress and bounce around ideas with him as sculptor and fellow hobbyist.

His slow but amazing conversion work and excellent theme really pull the hobbyist portion together for me.  

The Dwarves of Ancient Times are a great addition to the Chaos Dwarf world. Exquisite quality, Extremely defined and detailed, and consistent in releasing new content to the range. Honorable mention to AtomTaylor who has released some great work in the way of old 3rd edition Dawi'Zharr and although the style isn't what i am looking for 2017 should hold some big hat variants of his work that will be great additions to my army.

Admiral's green stuff skills has reached new levels this past year and his productiveness is through the roof. I like it.

From the minis, to the bits, to the stories, Admiral as every angle covered when it comes to selling your soul to Hashut.

This award will go the member that has contributed most to the cause of the Chaos Dwarfs.  He or she has done or made something that has profoundly benefited the presence of Chaos Dwarfs as a whole!

Best Overall Member -
Admiral
.  Admiral for sculpting the wonderful Dwarves of Ancient Times, and working hard to create some amazing works with regards to his commercial thread and the additions to both Lore AND encouraging other members.  

With moderating the webpage the way he does as well as his updates to the "Of Ancient Times" range is always helping to improve CDO in many ways. Making this forum the best out there, not just for the topic but for the community and a good community needs someone like Bloodbeard and Admiral to keep things afloat, Great work to both of you but Admiral takes the ship! so with that said Honorable mention to Bloodbeard, slthough I have had little to do with him, from what I read is a good contender for the spot.

We should rename this the Admiral award. Year after year the lovely swede delivers an extraordinary amount of work to the glory of Hashut and our community. Even though 2016 has been less active than usual, Admiral is still the man <3  

This member may not be the best hobbyist, might not ever win a tournament, but he or she has a great presence on the site, the forum, the wiki, the chat and whatever else!  They are dedicated to the cause of the Chaos Dwarfs!

Thank you CDO
Thank you members for making this community what it is! Thank you for bringing content to out site! Keep it going.

Stay tuned for Artisan's Contest
There's another contest in the making and there a really nice prize lines up for the winner!

On behalf of the Staff.

RE: Community Awards 2016 - Winners - Carcearion - 02-10-2017 05:16 PM

Congratulations to all the winners!!! All certainly very well deserved! You guys are certainly a big part of what makes this forum shine for its great atmosphere and amazing productivity. Hats off to all of you!

Takes Hat off  Takes Hat off  Takes Hat off  Takes Hat off  Takes Hat off

Also double congratulations to Admiral! Watch out though, your getting dangerously close to matching Fuggit Khan's legendary trophy horde – if he gets wind it could be trouble.

If I can toss out some names for honorable mentions I'd like to congratulate some of the nominees; Skink, Jackswift, Bloodbeard, and Fuggit Khan for also being members that I think make this forum awesome. Trophy or not, you guys are great.

RE: Community Awards 2016 - Winners - Darkmeer - 02-10-2017 11:08 PM

Congratudolences to all the winners!  

You are all great warriors of Hashut, so please, do continue with the mayhem and construction!

RE: Community Awards 2016 - Winners - Jackswift - 02-10-2017 11:35 PM

Congrats to all of the winners and thank you for taking the lead in making this such a great community to be a part of! Cheers and raise a mug!  Takes Hat offCheers!Takes Hat offCheers!

RE: Community Awards 2016 - Winners - Enjoysrandom - 02-10-2017 11:59 PM

Congratz All!!!
The people who won deserve them, great work to everyone involved, let 2017 be even better!

RE: Community Awards 2016 - Winners - Abecedar - 02-11-2017 05:33 AM

Thank you everyone for the 'vote' of confidence.
Congradulation to the other winners.
And also a big Thankz to everyone who posts and contributes to the Forum

RE: Community Awards 2016 - Winners - Admiral - 02-11-2017 06:07 AM

Thank you very much for the votes and all too kind words, and congratulations to all winners, and nominees for that matter! We've had a sleeve of good stuff in 2016, not least Pappa Midnight's and Slavemaster Hod's eyecatching army growth, MalorndDK's insane battle report (spoiler: with Nagash slain by an asscannon!) and Carcearion's name generators among other things. Stuff like this contributes to CDO being a great place.

Here's to a good 2017 as well! Cheers!

This year, however, you might come to lynch me instead as I've promised my brother some more Elf sculpts, and quite imminent too. Elves are not popular around these corners! The slave orc project is slow in progress but do advance (more on that in a future log update when the pilot sculpt is finished), and aside from that there are several smaller evil Dwarf projects planned, but pointy ears might poison Abecedar's mood in months to come.

@Carcearion: Now, to watch one's back. Hobgoblin

RE: Community Awards 2016 - Winners - Pappa Midnight - 02-11-2017 06:07 AM

Thank you for voting for me and congratulations to the other winners and nominees.
I would also like to thank all those who have made this my "go to" site.

Regards
PM

RE: Community Awards 2016 - Winners - TheHoodedMan - 02-11-2017 08:12 AM

Congratulations gentlemenCheers!!
Well deserved!

RE: Community Awards 2016 - Winners - Slavemaster Hod - 02-11-2017 10:33 AM

Congrats to all the winners Cheers!

Well deserved Takes Hat off

RE: Community Awards 2016 - Winners - Willmark - 02-11-2017 03:23 PM

Congrats to all the winners!

RE: Community Awards 2016 - Winners - Malorndk - 02-11-2017 11:13 PM

A great year for me and a medal to show it <3
Thanks a ton guys! 2016 was the year of the newcomers. I love seeing what you all bring to the forum.

My 2017 will be a little more low-key. No Project Banners, Legendary Battle or intense paint schedules. I need to get myself an actual job soon, which will block some/most/all hobby time, aside from the occasional games Happy

RE: Community Awards 2016 - Winners - Fuggit Khan - 02-13-2017 02:00 PM

Congratulations to all of you guys Cheers!
Nice to see some new names being added to the list of Hashut's scoundrels Hashut!

Carcearion Wrote:
Also double congratulations to Admiral! Watch out though, your getting dangerously close to matching Fuggit Khan's legendary trophy horde – if he gets wind it could be trouble.

Oh no worries, I've dispatched a Hobgoblin 'emissary' with offerings of good will to Admiral Hobgoblin

RE: Community Awards 2016 - Winners - Forgefire - 02-15-2017 01:39 AM

Congrats y'all Takes Hat off