CDO Forums
Golden Hat XXVII - Printable Version

+- CDO Forums (http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Chaos Dwarfs Online (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: Website News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Golden Hat XXVII (/showthread.php?tid=17012)

Golden Hat XXVII - Admiral - 05-13-2017 04:38 AM

"Lika a furnace in the sky."

Abecedar & Titan Wargames presents: The 27th Golden Hat competition on Chaos Dwarfs Online!

This contest has been sponsored by Abecedar! The gold winner will claim nothing short of an unpainted Daemon Cannon, the variant sculpted by John Pickford and sold by Old School Miniatures:

Furthermore, this round of Golden Hat has been sponsored by Titan Wargames! The silver winner will receive one kit of Goblin Scavengers:

While the bronze winner will receive one Goblin Command trio:

Subject Matter: Launch Airships!

For this contest we want you to model and paint a Chaos Dwarf airship of some sort.

This contest is not about mere flying monsters with platforms such as flying chariots (although shackled flying monsters may indeed form part of the overall construction). Try to go for something reasonably mechanical looking, if even in mimic fashion. Think airship, not flying sledge.

You could of course have K'daai Fireborn bound underneath a balloon, or a shackled Daemon akin to a spiky pufferfish forming a zeppelin's balloon plus some machinery. Or a Taurus pulling along an airship with other obvious motive powers such as balloons or rotor blades. All manner of airship types can be entered into the contest, because the sky is the limit! You could do yours with rotors like this one, or have it being a flying sailing ship/slave galley like this one, or indeed a steam paddler in the sky such as this one.

Given how large centerpieces airship miniatures can be for one's army, we don't want to discourage people from daring dioramas neither for bases nor for air combat (Warhawk rider boarding, eagle attack etc.). Still, be sure to make the Chaos Dwarf airship with a much larger presence than anything exterior included, i.e. don't have a big enemy dragon in the air rivalling or overshadowing your airship model, or a tiny airship launching from a massive ziggurat. Keep any such additions within reason.

Scratchbuild, build from historical zeppelin/airship kits or convert from fantasy blimps and flying vessels such as from Games Workshop's new Kharadron Overlords or Titan Forge's Metal Beards. On high, there is factory smoke and lightning storms and winged monsters and Dark Gods waiting for your creations to soar!

If you are unsure if your entry will fit the subject matter, please contact Admiral or Bloodbeard and they'll sort it out with the rest of the Staff.

Warmaster/smallscale Chaos Dwarf airships are allowed.

Basing is unrestricted and up to your discretion with the following exception: Display bases and plinths are not allowed. You could do a diorama style base beneath the airship (we don't want to hold back creativity for such a canvas), though the contest's focus will be on the flying vessel itself and voters will be asked to keep this in mind. You could also skip a base altogether and e.g. have it hanging from a roof or lying flat on a table.

Specifics
Subject: Chaos Dwarf airships.
Bases: Up to your discretion. No display bases, plinths, though, please.
The Due Date: 11:59 PM June 30th, 2017 UTC (Central European Time Zone)

Please read the full rules that apply to the Golden Hat competition before submitting your entry.

Submission
All entries must be sent to the Golden Hat account no later than the due date. Entries will not be accepted after this. (Entrants have approximately 6 weeks to complete entries). If for some reason you are having trouble with your submission, contact Admiral or Bloodbeard. In order to avoid problems, entrants should not wait until the last minute to submit their entries.

How to Enter
Upload up to 4 photos of your entries to the Internet. Photos may not have additional text or items/models unrelated to your entry. Next, send a PM to Golden Hat (a special user that all Staff have access to) containing the links where the pictures can be found. (Note: This is the same as previous Golden Hats).

If you win:
- Walk across the backs of the cowed masses you have scorned and pushed aside, in order to take your place in the vaunted Golden Hat Hall of Fame.
- Receive the Golden Hat medal for your online persona.
- Everyone who enters gets a number of slaves equal to the number of entries. If 20 people enter we award 20 slaves to each person who entered. Entries will count towards a veteran medal.
- Win an Asscannon or Goblins! See above for details.

Once all entries are received a thread will be created for voting and determining the winners!

If there are any questions it is best post them here so that everyone can benefit from any details or clarifications that may arise.

Prize
Gold winner will win a Daemon Cannon, silver winner Goblin Scavengers and bronze winner will win a Goblin Command group (see above for details).

Should you wish to donate a prize to the contest, please PM Admiral and he will sort it out with you and the Staff.

Good luck everyone!

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Zanko - 05-13-2017 07:27 AM

Awesome theme! Takes Hat off

No idea what aircraft I could create ... but I'm sure I will find a solution! Wink

Hashut!

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Abecedar - 05-13-2017 08:34 AM

OOOH.  A challenge worthy of all decent Dawi Zharr and the rest of us too.

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Skink - 05-13-2017 09:52 AM

Gonna sit this one out! Good luck eveybody Big Grin

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Jackswift - 05-13-2017 10:54 AM

Woohooo!!!  Perhaps a bit much to bite off, but something I can really sink my teeth into.Shock.  Definitely going to try and scrape out the time for this one...

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Enjoysrandom - 05-13-2017 12:09 PM

Man over 10k in points of models to be painted and I have to make one for the comp.... Should be fun, Challenge accepted! Cheers!

Also made my avatar in paint... not as polished as Xanders work but it will do for me Takes Hat off

Edit: Thanks Abecedar and Titan Wargames, ill try and make postage cheap for you Abe and win the pot Wink

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Admiral - 05-13-2017 02:24 PM

Should anyone sit on an existing Chaos Dwarf airship already posted here yet harbour extensive rebuilding/repainting plans for it and wonder if a remastered version could be entered into the contest, then shoot me a PM telling what the update plans are, and we'll see from there.

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Carcearion - 05-14-2017 02:04 AM

Very interesting theme to be sure!

I think the biggest challenge for me will be doing the conversion in time.

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Malorndk - 05-14-2017 03:02 AM

Great prizes Abecedar and Baggronor <3

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Abecedar - 05-14-2017 03:11 AM

Yes.  Time to build the monster and paint it to Golden Hat standard may be problematic.

I propose an immediate extension to the 30th of June.

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Zanthrax - 05-14-2017 08:30 AM

This is going to be great!

Looking forward to seeing where this goes.

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Carcearion - 05-14-2017 09:50 AM

Abecedar Wrote:
Yes.  Time to build the monster and paint it to Golden Hat standard may be problematic.

I second the motion for whatever it's worth

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Abecedar - 05-14-2017 07:49 PM

Carcearion Wrote:

Abecedar Wrote:

I second the motion for whatever it's worth

I think we have a positive response from Zharr Naggrund forthcoming.

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - TheHoodedMan - 05-15-2017 02:00 AM

Very generous prize sponsorings. Thank you for that!

But ...ph... an airship. That is a challenging task.

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Fuggit Khan - 05-15-2017 07:40 AM

Da Khan has been away for awhile, enjoying the spoils of war, pillaging and plunder in his new home of Thailand.
But what a wonderful treat to see such a great theme upon my return to visit the dark lands of CDO  Happy
I'm not likely to enter, real life has a strangle hold on my free time right now. But this by far is the best theme to be presented here (and brilliant suggestion of a fireborn shackled to a hot air balloon!).
If I were to enter, I'd make some triplane inspired by Dick Dastardly...zeppelins are cool too.
Best of luck and inspiration to all who enter...this promises to be cool Takes Hat off

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Black_Fortress_Immortal - 05-15-2017 08:37 AM

Oooh I sincerely want to participate, and have a great idea... we'll see if I can get it together in time, but I doubt it Sad

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Tertius - 05-15-2017 09:38 AM

I really like this theme.

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Tertius - 05-15-2017 07:32 PM

Bases

Admiral Wrote:
...Up to your discretion. No display bases, plinths, though, please.

One picture each of a plinth base and a display base would help my understanding of what is right out.  

I keep picturing bases big enough for an airship (to not topple over) and I end up thinking, 'what's the difference'?

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Admiral - 05-16-2017 03:27 AM

Very good point! It's standard practice on CDO to level the field by not having ornate pedestals and nice wood-carved stands competing with miniatue paintjob in contests. Examples found in links in first post might illustrate somewhat. On phone away working for a week, can't link quickly a.t.m.

Put differently, do whatever big fancy base you like, but keep the base sides plain if possible. We can of course change this rule for this conest if many members wish this. Please tell if you do.

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Carcearion - 05-16-2017 11:25 AM

Admiral Wrote:
Also, deadline will be 30th of June. Can't edit first post on phone. Fix later.

Great news, thanks for the update Takes Hat off

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Admiral - 05-16-2017 02:20 PM

First post edited. Deadline changed to the 30th of June.

Right, as you may have read, Tertius brought up a very good point:

Tertius Wrote:
Bases

Admiral Wrote:
...Up to your discretion. No display bases, plinths, though, please.

One picture each of a plinth base and a display base would help my understanding of what is right out.  

I keep picturing bases big enough for an airship (to not topple over) and I end up thinking, 'what's the difference'?

As noted, this paragraph is standard CDO fare, usually completed with diorama style bases (which however are allowed in this contest).

As far as I understand the limitations on display bases and plinths, it's to level the field by not having very fancily sculpted/carved base sides/pedestals under the model which might distract from the modelling work and paintjob itself in the competition.

So as the rules are now, you can gladly use any manner of big base to keep your airship stable, but please do not make the base sides tastefully fancy like this display base:

Or put a very nice decorative pedestal under it like this one for contest pictures:

Of course, we do love to see such things in the logs, but avoid for contests.

Are the above examples and explanation clear enough? Plain base sides, please, no pedestal. Please shout if I'm not explaining this well enough, short on time and gotta rush.

However, do people think display bases should be allowed? Including ones with fancy sides? We're doing this for you the members* and obviously if many of you as participants would like to use a fancy display base for their anyway large airship base, then we could make an exception this time.

We're all ears, so please discuss and shout out, and we'll see from there should anyone want a proper display base, incl. fancy sides.

Also, Warmaster airships are OK. We're unlikely to ever run frequent Warmaster/smallscale themes, so better kill two birds with one stone if anyone wishes to give Warmaster a shot.

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Carcearion - 05-17-2017 01:45 PM

As of yesterday I have ordered all the things I need for my build. Now if Hashut wills it makes it to me in due time it's on

Cheers!

I think disallowing the plinths and display bases remains a good call, it helps keep those of us with limited funds in the running and also keeps things focused on the miniature. I think your example is very clear Takes Hat off

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - clam - 05-19-2017 07:58 AM

Admiral Wrote:
However, do people think display bases should be allowed? Including ones with fancy sides? We're doing this for you the members* and obviously if many of you as participants would like to use a fancy display base for their anyway large airship base, then we could make an exception this time.

I think this is a hole different debate and should be it is own thread - but I for one is against any restrictions. And the base restrictions have actually been the main reason for me not taking part lately. Creativity ain't to be restricted, if you ask me. How people base their stuff is up to each person to decide - and I strongly believe, that those people voting can look past any fancy bases, plints etc. and judge a good paint job, when they see it. That's my 5 cents Big Grin

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - TheHoodedMan - 05-19-2017 08:07 AM

+1
Personally I don`t use display bases, but principally they should be allowed.

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Admiral - 05-19-2017 10:29 AM

Hehe, right enough. Will play along with the spirit of recent contest rule tweakings, too, which has been all about opening up and freeing. Mayhap we've been running needlessly in a routine of Warhammer tournament base thinking. Staff will convene and ponder it. Responding ASAP.

Good points, Clam & Hood. Takes Hat off

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - cornixt - 05-19-2017 11:36 AM

Way back in the early days of the contests there was outcry because the models with fancy bases and plinths were getting more votes than the objectively better models, and it started turning into "model in a scene" rather than about the model. People are influenced, subconsciously or not, by how the model is presented. People wouldn't use plinths if they didn't have a visual effect. But every now and then there would be an open competition that allowed those kinds of things so it's not as if people never have a chance to use it to their advantage. It's not that hard to rebase a model if you want to make it a display piece after the competition, anyway.

I find that creativity is fostered with limits, whether self imposed or otherwise. Having to restrict yourself in one way stimulates you to work around it and come up with interesting solutions.

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Abecedar - 05-22-2017 07:48 AM

Plinth - Display bases......  Let me say  ......nothing.
They can be great and when done well are really eye catching but are not what I am interested in. I'm interested in the models only.

Anyway.  I wished to comment on the amount of posts on any and all other threads, that IMO are distracting people.
I implore you all. Concentrate your efforts on this competion because if I win due to a lack of opponents
and have to post first prize to myself I will be most upset.

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Malorndk - 05-22-2017 09:39 AM

Im not here for the display bases, but I would allow it this one time, as airships tends to be huge, and might be hard to balance on a regular base

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Abecedar - 05-22-2017 08:31 PM

And another thought for consideration by our evil minded masters
The possible inclusion of an unpainted (bare or undercoated) CD to give an indication of size.

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Admiral - 05-23-2017 01:12 PM

Good proposals, we'll ponder and answer both as soon as something has been agreed upon. However, as for bases, note that you can already have as large a homebrew base as you want to, as long as the sides are plain. Answer pending here.

Minor update in first post:

Quote:
Warmaster/smallscale Chaos Dwarf airships are allowed. In order to show the size of your creation, you are allowed to include one unpainted or basecoated 28mm scale Chaos Dwarf miniature for comparison on the side, should you wish to.

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Daith - 05-24-2017 02:10 AM

Quote:
you are allowed to include one unpainted or basecoated 28mm scale Chaos Dwarf miniature for comparison on the side, should you wish to

Does this mean that Chaos Dwarf miniatures cannot be a part of the model normally? For example, I could not have Chaos Dwarfs maintaining the fire under a hot air balloon. Or is this rule just added incase my miniature does not have a visible Chaos Dwarf crew?

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Admiral - 05-24-2017 03:12 AM

Chaos Dwarf miniatures are more than allowed! They're very much expected. Pirate

One most certainly expect visible crew milling about on fantasy airships, but should anyone wish to make a smallscale airship (eg. Man o' War, Warmaster or 15mm scale) or even one with an enclosed gondola, they're free to show the size of their build with an unpainted reference miniature on the side, if they want to.

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Nicodemus - 05-24-2017 11:58 AM

Just a disclaimer that I am not making an entry for this GH.

Further to some of the discussion - I too expect to see some crew occupying the airships! Crew are an integral part of any warmachine! Here's a WIP shot from my blog of the crew of the Indefatigable:

There's 29 crew there! 29 FFS!!! 10 of them are slaves. Not to mention there are 7 more slaves in cages hanging off the back of the ship.  Ships need a captain, and captains need crew.  Depending on how the airship operates, if it's a classic airship design then you need at least two of the crew to steer and keep the airship level (a helmsman and a planesman). Then you might need crew to operate weapons, keep the furnace going or what-have-you.  Then depending on size, you may need other officers, guards on deck in case you're boarded, an engineer or two to fix things as-needed, and additional crew to swab the deck, polish the mizzenmast, etc. Wink

With regards to bases, it can be difficult to get a stable base if you're making a particularly large airship.  I had an idea how big I wanted to make mine, so I started planning out a scale for how high it should be off the table, and then how large of a base I'd need. In the end, once I got the basic shape of the hull I decided it was too small and I'd have to go larger.

In order to keep it from toppling over I had no choice but to abandon any kind of normal basing plan. There weren't even any kits I could use to mount the darn thing.  I ended up ordering a 1" acrylic rod that is 24" long to connect the airship to the base.

I ended up not having any choice but to build a large scenic base for mine, just to support the weight of the airship! I mean, look at the size! That doorway in the rock is the same size of a Warhammer Quest doorway, and the square blocks on the ground are each 45mm a side,

I wouldn't want to necessarily be overly restrictive with the basing requirements, but it needs to look in proportion and appropriate to the piece. Otherwise we have contests that degenerate into 'who can make the nicest diorama'.  It's not my contest though, so my opinions are only my own.  Takes Hat off

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Abecedar - 05-25-2017 08:10 PM

Thanks for the tips Nico.  Its a pity you haven't the time to finish yours.
Finished for the comp and Fully crewed with newly painted might take longer.
I'll probably use troops I've already done for a later commisioning photo.

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Carcearion - 05-25-2017 09:52 PM

X_X eeeek... the models I ordered for this project still have not arrived. I know we still have allot of time, but I'm getting more and more nervous. Very glad we pushed back the date.

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Grimstonefire - 05-27-2017 02:40 PM

Well, I might actually stand a chance of entering this now!  I've been working on it for a while, hopefully finish the sculpting parts Monday.

@admiral

Can you send me the link to the square display base.  I've been looking for ones like that.

@Nicodemus

That's a really cool model!  Very impressed.  Mine's a real tiny ship in comparison.

Just to clarify the point, when I originally wrote the rules about the display bases, it was intended to clarify the difference between a model on it's own base, and one that sits within a larger display piece.  

For example fulgrim
https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Fulgrim-Primarch-of-the-Emperor-s-Children

He's on his own 40mm round base I think, but that sits within something like a 60mm display base.

The other type being diorama bases, where for example you could have a model that would normally be on it's own 20mm base on a 25cm square with dead bodies etc all over it.

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Abecedar - 05-29-2017 04:42 AM

The pieces are slowly coming into shape at least.  The first effort at the "airship floaty bit" has been totally discarded and the second looked good but had to have a sizeable rethink.  I'm in so many minds of how I want the finished item to be shown, I seem to spend a lot of time dithering.

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Abecedar - 05-30-2017 08:07 PM

Handy Tip No 14.
After using copious amounts of superglue never rush to the toilet.
(Similar reasons to sportmans tip No 3 regarding heat-rubs)

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Will Liam - 05-31-2017 02:50 AM

AIR SHIP DONE – NOW WORKING ON A BASE THAT CAN ACCOMMODATE ITS HEIGHT – I THINK ITS TURNING OUT PRETTY WELL at the moment – HOW ARE YOU GUYS GOING WITH YOUR BUILDS/PAINTING?

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Carcearion - 05-31-2017 03:00 PM

I have all the pieces I need to start working on mine as of yesterday, unfortunately the in-laws are staying with us and finding time and space to work on this has become a challenge (even worse I also have a commission piece I somehow need to finish as well).

But we have 30 more days, and I am confident I will join in on the air assault!

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Abecedar - 05-31-2017 07:43 PM

I'm still constructing it, as building is too mild a term.

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Will Liam - 06-04-2017 04:19 AM

Haha it’s a big task alright Abecedar - My Airships finished – Now all I have to do is just pump it up and take some pics – Think I’ll use blue tack to stop it from moving – I wonder if you guys are having the same problem? Happy

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Abecedar - 06-04-2017 04:32 AM

Ah Ha.  Pump it up.  That gives me a clue.
To what I don't know.............

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Carcearion - 06-04-2017 06:02 AM

Sounds like competition is going to be HOT this golden hat, I have dove head first into building mine and I'm very happy so far Big Grin

I am waiting on some bits though to finish it out

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Jackswift - 06-04-2017 10:15 AM

I have just started construction.  I keep changing my method and editing the overall design around my concept.  Switched from a scratch to a kitbash as I'd need another month to scratchbuild it.  Also waiting for some of the materials to arrive.  Deadline is already too close... Lol.  

Mine will not need final inflation and my miniature k'daai escaped so back to the drawing board on power sources.

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Admiral - 06-04-2017 10:19 AM

Haha, keep at it, chaps! You'll be a beautiful blimp someday if you just persist in your endeavours. Big Grin

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Malorndk - 06-04-2017 01:17 PM

I'm predicting Will Liam's entry!
Remember that scene in Shreck with the bloated frog substituting as a balloon? Yeah I fully expect a Troglodon pumped full of helium to trick the stupid Lizardmen <3

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Abecedar - 06-04-2017 07:00 PM

Malorndk Wrote:
I'm predicting Will Liam's entry!
Remember that scene in Shreck with the bloated frog substituting as a balloon? Yeah I fully expect a Troglodon pumped full of helium to trick the stupid Lizardmen <3

LOL

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Will Liam - 06-05-2017 06:43 AM

How did you guess? well thats my entry out the window, Im going to have to start all over again, this is what I have done so far Wink

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Carcearion - 06-05-2017 07:54 AM

LOL Tongue

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Pappa Midnight - 06-05-2017 08:39 AM

Got say my idea is looking pretty boring....   Happy

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Abecedar - 06-06-2017 01:03 AM

Chuckles

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Will Liam - 06-08-2017 05:47 PM

Now that I'm up to the photo stage I'm finding it hard to get all sides of the model in with only 4 pics - Is there any chance of having 6 or 8 pics for the comp? I am still happy to use 4 but with the base pic as well as the airship pics there is no room left to show detail

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Admiral - 06-08-2017 06:37 PM

This is a very good question, Will Liam, given the complexity of manned airship models. Thanks for bringing it up!

However, we've decided to stick to the 4 photo limit for all contests, so the answer is no. It's part of the challenge for everyone to pick the golden photography angles, though we know well the pain this can cause with such complicated builds! At least there will be all the more eye candy detail surprises for us to discover in everyone's showcase and log threads after the contest is over. Happy

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Abecedar - 06-09-2017 07:26 PM

Bugger.  I was just about to ask that same question.

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Abecedar - 06-09-2017 07:29 PM

@ Will.  Mein Gott you are at the photo stage already?

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Will Liam - 06-09-2017 09:19 PM

The 4 pics are going to be a bit tricky but that's half the fun I think with the challenge of trying to make photos capture whats going on around/under/through the airship/ships - And yes Im up to the photo stage Abecedar Happy and I'm at bit of a loss of how to pull the photos off without it looking to unexplained (if not for a better word) but think i can make it work still....maybe lol

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Will Liam - 06-10-2017 03:55 AM

Just sent in my 4 pics for the comp - best of luck everyone

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Carcearion - 06-10-2017 05:57 AM

I feel so behind Sad

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Admiral - 06-10-2017 10:19 AM

No, Will Liam, an inflated lizard hide tied to a matchbox is not legal unless you paint it first... Tongue Wink

Only kidding. We've still got 20 days to go until deadline, folks, so no reason to stress. Keep at it and I'm sure you'll get much done!

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Carcearion - 06-10-2017 10:20 PM

Construction complete! Big Grin

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Abecedar - 06-10-2017 10:29 PM

Whilst I was in the navy we stopped in japan and the USS Kittyhawk was a few hundred yrads away from us. Back in 1995.
I had to take 3 photos to get the whole ship in.
I think its gunna be kinda like that

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Grimstonefire - 06-11-2017 12:19 PM

I'd say I'm about half way through painting mine, but it's not a cruise liner like some of you are making!!

Big Grin

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Jackswift - 06-15-2017 05:58 PM

Amazing to see some people are already done! Plodding away.  I'm hoping (and odds are 50/50) to get my build done by the 21st then start painting. Fun to build, but not entirely sure I will be able to complete both build and paint in time unless I figure out some ways to speed the process. Going to need at least a week to paint this thing. Next time I vote for a 60 day contest length... lol... maybe a little sub-contest in the first 30 days to complete the crew and armaments... lol.  Granted that just means I'd end up starting in on the actual project 4 weeks later...

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Carcearion - 06-15-2017 06:36 PM

I've only just barely started painting mine

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Abecedar - 06-15-2017 06:52 PM

I don't think I'd survive the ambitious concepts my brain would create for a 60 day deadline

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Abecedar - 06-20-2017 09:24 AM

How is everyone going?
My main construction is almost complete, so it is the small things that are going to be the focus now.

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Nicodemus - 06-20-2017 10:42 AM

C'mon, time to pour on the heat and get the entries wrapped up! Can't wait to see how these turn out!

~N

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Carcearion - 06-20-2017 11:23 AM

10 days and counting, debating adding a few small extra bits- but really all that's left is painting... still X_x;;

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Zanthrax - 06-20-2017 05:35 PM

I am half way through painting and resisting the urge to construct more lol

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Enjoysrandom - 06-20-2017 11:12 PM

This is looking to have some great entries, I cant wait to see the Airships of the Dawi'Zharr!

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Zanko - 06-21-2017 12:28 PM

Mine is ready and in! Wink

Hashut!

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Carcearion - 06-21-2017 01:47 PM

Zanko Wrote:
Mine is ready and in! Wink

Ahhh! another one?

I'm feeling more and more behind Tongue

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Admiral - 06-21-2017 02:38 PM

Deadline is closing, airship captains.

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Abecedar - 06-21-2017 06:57 PM

I've had that image in my head for a while now.

One of the younger engineers here asked why we made it "that way" and didn't construct it "this" way.
Certain more experienced personnel were in favour of beheading the miscreant and then quietly taking the idea as there own

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Abecedar - Yesterday 05:53 PM

This sums up my progress