CDO Forums
Golden Hat XXVII - Voting! - Printable Version

+- CDO Forums (http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Chaos Dwarfs Online (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: Website News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Golden Hat XXVII - Voting! (/showthread.php?tid=17060)

Golden Hat XXVII - Voting! - Admiral - 07-02-2017 06:13 AM

”Raise pressure in the boiler! Release the moorings and unfurl the steer-wings! We'll bloody well soar, you sorry dogs!”

Abecedar & Titan Wargames presents: The voting thread for the 27th Golden Hat competition!

How to vote:
Please submit 3 numbers as votes by sending a PM to the Golden Hat account (a special account all Staff members can access). We had 8 entries this time, which means each entrant will receive 8 slaves once the winners have been announced.

Each (more or less) anonymous entry is numbered ranging from 1 to 8. There is no need to specify which one you think is 1st, 2nd or 3rd. Simply list the three that you like and we will do the rest. You are not allowed to vote for yourself.

Voting will close at 11:59 PM July 8th, 2016 EST (Eastern Standard Timezone). Once the votes are tallied we will post the results.

[attachment=5378]<1 [attachment=5371]<2 [attachment=5372]<3 [attachment=5373]<4
[attachment=5374]<5 [attachment=5375]<6 [attachment=5376]<7 [attachment=5377]<8

Album of images in case the attachments do not show up.

Remember, this round there are a lot of prizes up for grabs!

Great job everyone and good luck!
The Staff

Also on CDO: Photobucket TOS Woes & Third party image hosting
Photobucket Migration to the Darklands – Stage I

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Voting! - Zanthrax - 07-02-2017 06:52 AM

Awesome work bros!!!

Now the next artisan comp can be to make some rules for the game of your choice- 9th age for me

Cheers!

Zanthrax

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Voting! - bas_2312 - 07-02-2017 06:57 AM

Wow, great work guys!

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Voting! - Admiral - 07-02-2017 06:59 AM

Good idea, but we'd better sprinkle the various Artisan's Contest themes somewhat evenly. So, not a rules contest after a rules contest, and not an art contest after an art contest. There are lots of suitable themes that will have to elbow their way among the modelling Artisan's Contests. We recently had boardgame rules.

But of course, if people very much want to see a rules round (game system up to the entrant), we can arrange one for sure in the AC after the upcoming Scribe's Contest. Make your voice heard if you want an airship rules contest soon!

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Voting! - Will Liam - 07-02-2017 11:20 AM

I've got to start lifting my game - those airship are mind blowing good - excellent ideas and so much detail also the paintings brilliant - one day we should all share our painting tips and tricks - I would love to know how you guys do it so well - sending in my first impression votes now before I get trapped in the endless loop of not being able to decide who to vote for - they do look cool

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Voting! - Zanko - 07-02-2017 11:31 AM

Great entries! Takes Hat off

I'm really impressed! Shock

Btw. my votes are send! Cheers!

Hashut!

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Voting! - Jackswift - 07-02-2017 12:56 PM

Amazing job gents. Takes Hat off A super strong field of competitors and some really cool ideas in the mix!  My votes are in.   Really wanted to vote for more than the alotted 3.  Cheers.

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Voting! - Forgefire - 07-02-2017 03:28 PM

Those are some cool ships! Good work guys, my votes have been sent!

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Voting! - Parish - 07-02-2017 03:49 PM

Beautiful stuff here guys, well done for the 8 hardcore workers, it was tough to make a decision !! Keep up the good work Happy, very inspiring !

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Voting! - Skink - 07-02-2017 05:38 PM

Amazing entries! Thank you to all entrants (and our staff) for yet another amazing GH installment

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Voting! - tjub - 07-03-2017 01:59 AM

Dang, super cool fliers! For the first time I feel like I kinda miss my Chaos Dwarfs...

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Voting! - Malorndk - 07-03-2017 03:18 AM

Yay! Someone used my banners xD

Seriously though, that is some great looking airships. Using the new steampunk range with modifications looks awesome, but a lot of the homemade airships looks great as well. Had sudden flash back to Warcraft 2 Zeppeliners, and the Iron Vulture from Disney's Tail Spin. Felt good my friends <3

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Voting! - Kamphre - 07-03-2017 06:30 AM

Well done everyone for your entries !

I'm a bit torn between entries and I asked myself on which criteria I should judge this entries.

Can I ask you what's the subtle differences between Golden Hat and Artisan's Contest in terms of votes ?
GH focus on painting and AC on conversion work ?
Is it "limited" to the contest theme and we vote for the best looking miniature ?
Do we give points to the best painted miniature, ignoring the conversion work ?
Do we give a different percentage for conversion and painting, depending on GH or AC ?
Do we judge the overall miniature ?

TL;DR : how do you judge the minis ?

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Voting! - TheHoodedMan - 07-03-2017 06:45 AM

Holy Tannenbaum!
I didn`t expect this quality as the contest theme was published.

For me the GH was always a painting contest, but in some cases (as this one) the limits are a little bit blurry. How can one judge a paintjob without judging the work on the model at the same time?
And if you do so, is just the look important or the idea or if it is completely scratch built or only a little modified? Very difficult.

Personally I`ll go for the models which impressed me the most at first glance and hold their ground at second glance Wink.

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Voting! - Admiral - 07-03-2017 07:00 AM

Good question, Kamphre!

Golden Hat has traditionally been more focused upon painting, although converting has always been important and never to be ignored.

Artisan's Contest has traditionally focused upon converting/scratchbuilding.

But importantly we've always let members decide their votes for themselves based upon their own criteria, no questions asked. Occassionally we've recommended them to concentrate upon one aspect (e.g. slaves in the artillery slaves theme), but not so now.

We used Golden Hat as a vessel for the airship contest since it was the one scheduled closest after GW's new releases. Had AC been closest, it would have been used. This is indeed an instance of blurred lines, as Hood pointed out.

It's all up to you, the members, how you vote. Conversions and painting are both important, but you will have to decide what you prioritize.

Cheers

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Voting! - Fuggit Khan - 07-06-2017 04:24 AM

My votes are in.
And what beautiful entries they are!
Some superb idea's that I would never have imagined  Happy
Great work gentlemen!

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Voting! - Carcearion - 07-06-2017 06:40 AM

My votes are also in!

Very-very-very strong turn out this Golden Hat! Takes Hat off

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Voting! - Abecedar - 07-06-2017 07:47 AM

Finally got around to voting.   Nothing changed over the past few days from my early favourites.

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Voting! - Enjoysrandom - 07-06-2017 08:09 AM

Great work all round, some neat conversions.
I tend to think that its best to vote for what ticks your personal likes, for instance if you think a living statue giving the finger on a skateboard is no 1 material then vote for it Wink that being said with previous contests in mind...
I try to vote for all rounders or ones that are more than just its main aspect, although this competition should probably be more paint job focused?

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Voting! - MadHatter - 07-06-2017 01:55 PM

My votes are in, best of luck to all contestants Takes Hat off

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Voting! - Carcearion - 07-07-2017 10:20 AM

Not much time left until the polls close guys!

Can't wait to see the results on this one! Cheers!

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Voting! - Abecedar - 07-08-2017 04:27 AM

I think my three choices will be the Trifecta.
I know I won't be one of them.

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Voting! - Roark - 07-08-2017 08:05 AM

Wow, amazing stuff. I can hear Flight of the Valkyries faintly in the distance...

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Voting! - Carcearion - 07-08-2017 02:33 PM

Roark Wrote:
Wow, amazing stuff. I can hear Flight of the Valkyries faintly in the distance...

Lol and thanks to that comment I now have it stuck in my head... do-do do doooo do-do do dooooo

RE: Golden Hat XXVII - Voting! - Abecedar - 07-08-2017 11:56 PM

Roark Wrote:

I'd prefer the "Terminator" drum beat to start with.