CDO Forums
Artisan's Contest XXIV - Winners - Printable Version

+- CDO Forums (http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Chaos Dwarfs Online (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: Website News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Artisan's Contest XXIV - Winners (/showthread.php?tid=17531)

Artisan's Contest XXIV - Winners - Admiral - 05-24-2018 04:43 AM

Artisan's Contest XXIV: Stone, Flesh and Fire: Chaos Dwarf Golems

"Serve your master!"

We had a lot of neat entries this time around, from a shield golem and flesh construct to lava monsters and stone guardians! Creative indeed, with every single entry receiving votes. Well done, everyone!

And the winners are...

[attachment=5535]<1         [attachment=5536]<2         [attachment=5537]<3

1st Place: Entry #1 - Strutsagget!
2nd Place: Entry #7 - Jackswift!
3rd Place: Entry #5 - Will Liam!

The entry key!
You can share your love for each entry by donating slaves to the owners of the entries!

01 - Strutsagget
02 - Uther the Unhinged
03 - Zanko
04 - Abecedar
05 - Will Liam
06 - Enjoysrandom
07 - Jackswift
08 - Kamphre

Slaves and medals are coming! Should you have earned a new Veteran's Medal (gained at 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 and 30 main contests entered), please contact us and link us all your entries in all previous Golden Hat and Artisan's Contest competitions (note: Scribe's Contest does not count towards this purpose, but have its own Veteran Scribe's Medal).

And now for the prizes! Strutsagget with his mecha-Gorgon has won this choice of one customized Chaos Dwarf sculpt from HPN:

While this fearsome altar from Carcearion's Bit Forge is passed on to a worthy grindstone builder, namely Jackswift the crafter of mechanical lava monstrosities!

Finally, Will Liam the bitz-box raider wins these Tjubling Hammer Guards!

A big "thanks" to everyone who participated and voted, as well as a big thanks to prize donators!

And that's it for this round of Artisan's Contest, folks. Now let's see the participants' entries in the blogs. Wink

Next up, Golden Hat!

The Staff

RE: Artisan's Contest XXIV - Winners - Will Liam - 05-24-2018 05:11 AM

Cool l made a place and can now post my Female Chaos Dwarf Shied Golem Idol on the net - thanks for the votes guys and congratulations to Strutsagget and Jackswift you both got my vote Happy

RE: Artisan's Contest XXIV - Winners - Kamphre - 05-24-2018 05:57 AM

This contests are so addictive : I can't wait to see entries, to see winners, to see next contest theme...

Congrats to winners !

RE: Artisan's Contest XXIV - Winners - Abecedar - 05-24-2018 06:25 AM

Congratulations to the winners.  Awesome entries.

RE: Artisan's Contest XXIV - Winners - HPN - 05-24-2018 07:07 AM

Will Liam Wrote:
Cool l made a place and can now post my Female Chaos Dwarf Shied Golem Idol on the net - thanks for the votes guys and congratulations to Strutsagget and Jackswift you both got my vote Happy

Very nice idea and perfect execution on this One!

Congratulations to all the winners, and again, lot of Amazing and inspired entries!

Struttsagget, i will send you a PM, so we can talk about your well deserved gold prize!

RE: Artisan's Contest XXIV - Winners - Zanko - 05-24-2018 07:25 AM

Very strange ... my last post here in this thread is gone?!?! Shock

So once more:

Congrats to all participants and especially to the worthy winners! Takes Hat off

Hashut!

RE: Artisan's Contest XXIV - Winners - Carcearion - 05-24-2018 10:13 AM

Congratulations to the winners!!!!

@Jackswift shoot me a PM and ill get your Alter into production!

Takes Hat off

RE: Artisan's Contest XXIV - Winners - Jackswift - 05-24-2018 12:08 PM

Congrats to the winners!!  Well earned Cheers!.  Strutsagget, I voted for your Krashen Va Golem.  A very cool model, great colors, and the paint job is beautifully and smoothly executed.  Will Liam, your model was also one of my picks.  Such a cool use of shield and banner bits, brilliant concept, well designed, constructed and painted! Takes Hat off. What did you use for the armature underneath the shield layer?

Very happy to place in this one, such cool prizes and a tough field of entries.  Excited to work on Carcerion's CD Altar model.  Already have some fun ideas in mind for the piece.

As for what the model is.  Abecedar was close with the Iron/Lava golem guess.  My concept was a Lava Wyrm corpse that has been magically animated and enhanced mechanically with a magma cannon and heat/steam driven rend and capture arms.  The mechanical components will eventually get glowing runes representing heat protection and animation spells.  It is versatile and will be fielded as a warmachine/skullcracker/magma cannon/destroyer type model depending on the game chosen. More later on my army blog.  Cheers!

RE: Artisan's Contest XXIV - Winners - Ghrask Dragh - 05-24-2018 12:31 PM

Nice work guys, well done to who all that entered Takes Hat off

RE: Artisan's Contest XXIV - Winners - Uther the unhinged - 05-24-2018 02:02 PM

Well done to the winners. What a fantastic competition.

Will Liam, how cool is that golem, and big wow.  I want one.. now all I need is 4000 shields er.....

Jackswift yours was my kids favourite, they loved the ‘tentacly thing’. Brilliant idea.

Excellent entries all round. Now just have to wait for the next comp

RE: Artisan's Contest XXIV - Winners - Dînadan - 05-24-2018 02:06 PM

Congrats everyone.

RE: Artisan's Contest XXIV - Winners - Strutsagget - 05-25-2018 12:15 PM

Thank you, everyone! So awesome I still don't really believe it Happy

Thought there were some really cool and great stuff/paint jobs in the competition. Great work everyone!

I am currently working my way down assembling, priming and base coating my LoA army and so happy with the turquoise colour Happy

RE: Artisan's Contest XXIV - Winners - dncswlf - 05-25-2018 03:21 PM

There were so many amazing entries!  great job everyone!