CDO Forums
Warcry! - Printable Version

+- CDO Forums (http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Main (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Chaos Dwarf Discussion (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Warcry! (/showthread.php?tid=17787)

Warcry! - tjub - 03-13-2019 01:42 AM

Warcry! A new skirmish setting for AoS, set in the Eightpoints. With what seems to be different tribes of chaos battling... Might we find ourselves there, hopefully? At least a little nod like the Squat for Necromunda?

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/03/11/breaking-news-from-gama/

RE: Warcry! - tjub - 03-13-2019 01:47 AM

Oh.... You seem a little too short to be a Darkoath? Shock

RE: Warcry! - Thommy H - 03-13-2019 03:22 AM

It might just be a Duardin of Chaos rather than a Dawi Zharr but it's exciting!

RE: Warcry! - Admiral - 03-13-2019 04:02 AM

Wow, great stuff! Love the design. This is making the front page at once.

RE: Warcry! - Thommy H - 03-13-2019 06:47 AM

I asked - read what you will into the response!

(And yes, Jes does know how I feel about Evil Stunties because I've spoken to him about them in person.)

RE: Warcry! - Skink - 03-13-2019 10:47 AM

It DOES have some sort of chainbeard that looks like normal, coiled facial hair. Plus, that beard IS collected in one of those zharr-ish pointy doodads...

RE: Warcry! - Admiral - 03-14-2019 01:18 AM

Can we by the way hope for a return to form, Thommy? With army blog and background stories galore from you? Wink

RE: Warcry! - Thommy H - 03-14-2019 03:39 AM

I have been working on some updated AoS rules for the Dawi Zharr, as it happens, but it's not a full battletome. I'll share when it's ready!

RE: Warcry! - Jasko - 03-14-2019 09:01 AM

Uh, could be interesting! I think the Killteam mechanic is nicer than Nightvault and the like, I prefer the freedom of movement.
I agree that this guy more seems to be a duardin follower of chaos, instead of a member of a dedicated chaos dwarf faction. But of course you never know! And the AoS lore/system definitely makes it easier to introduce a new, small faction than good old WHFB would have been. I mean look at the Fyreslayers: That's one unit, one dual-use unit, one monster and a handful of characters. Done. Similar with Kharadron. I really, really would like to see evil Dwarfs return as a faction. That might just be the thing needed to get me into Aos Respect to the Hat!

RE: Warcry! - TheHoodedMan - 03-14-2019 09:21 AM

Jasko Wrote:
.. That might just be the thing needed to get me into Aos Respect to the Hat!

Sure not for me. But if this is the way GW produces nice models, than it is ok Cheers!

RE: Warcry! - Jasko - 03-14-2019 09:36 AM

TheHoodedMan Wrote:
Sure not for me. But if this is the way GW produces nice models, than it is ok Cheers!

Haha, well AoS will never drive me off WHFB, I want classic rank & file. So far I also only used it to get nice new models, but their latest releases did tickle my hobby-senses a little more, to be honest. Kharadron are nice, Idoneth even more so. If done right, I can see myself getting a small army and give it a shot. In addition to WHFB, not replacing it obviously Tongue

RE: Warcry! - Grimstonefire - 03-20-2019 01:04 PM

It does not look very chaotic at all, but does look quite nautical/deep sea diver ish?

I confused by the model next toot though.  Its hunched but it could be the same race?

RE: Warcry! - Admiral - 03-20-2019 01:13 PM

Deep sea diver vibes, you say? I missed it and thought Chaotic slightly in the Hellcannon crew's vein. Nice observation. Are these from Zharr Vyxa?

RE: Warcry! - tjub - 03-20-2019 01:23 PM

Admiral Wrote:
Deep sea diver vibes, you say? I missed it and thought Chaotic slightly in the Hellcannon crew's vein. Nice observation. Are these from Zharr Vyxa?

I doubt it, as far as I know Warcry is set in the Eightpoints.

RE: Warcry! - Zhufbrak Thaurissan - 03-28-2019 11:14 AM

It's officially a duardin, according to the Adepticon reveal: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/03/28/breaking-news-dark-power-unleashed/

Quote:
"The Iron Golems, for example, count not just humans among their number, but duardin and ogors."

I'm not sure what the distinction is between a "duardin of chaos" and a true Dawi Zharr, so to my mind this is a great thing. I really don't care for the deep sea diver style helmets, although I almost always prefer my dwarves without helmets in general.

RE: Warcry! - Jasko - 03-28-2019 11:28 AM

Zhufbrak Thaurissan Wrote:
I'm not sure what the distinction is between a "duardin of chaos" and a true Dawi Zharr, so to my mind this is a great thing. I really don't care for the deep sea diver style helmets, although I almost always prefer my dwarves without helmets in general.

Agreed, having an evil dwarf at all is to be celebrated.
But I fear he is just what they said - a duardin of chaos. With a game mechanic in Warcry where every model is on it's own, it obviously is super easy to just introduce a chaos duardin. I would very much hope that they release a complete evil dwarf faction for AoS, but even if they do, they would not look like thie single duardin of chaos. I'm very sure that he is an one-off model.

RE: Warcry! - gsteelwraith - 04-24-2019 05:01 PM

Seeing the dwarf with the chainmail bread-like mask is encouraging, as was the limited re-release of that old Blood Bowl team. One has to hope GW figures out there's an appetite for Dawi Zharr out there sooner or later, and that Forge World isn't doing enough to sate us. I'd be happy to see a Chaos Dwarf faction for AoS or this new Warcry thing.

RE: Warcry! - Jasko - 10-24-2019 04:41 AM

And we have the next evil dwarf for Warcry! Not exactly old school Chaos Dwarf aesthetics, but it’s a dwarf and be is evil, that is all I need to know.

RE: Warcry! - Dînadan - 10-24-2019 05:42 AM

Actually that is Old School aesthetic - Old Old School to be precise.  Would fit in with 3rd ed CDs.

RE: Warcry! - Moloch - 10-24-2019 06:13 AM

That looks great!
The Iron Golems Armator looks a little bit close to the Hellcannon crew while here, as Dinadan stated, it's inspired by the 3rd edition style.

Somebody at GW must have had a look around the web to realize how popular CDs still are and realized that such warband is easilly sellable to our niche community.

RE: Warcry! - Jasko - 10-24-2019 06:24 AM

Dînadan Wrote:
Actually that is Old School aesthetic - Old Old School to be precise.  Would fit in with 3rd ed CDs.

True, I always forget the 3rd edition style, I started a little later. Even better then!

RE: Warcry! - Jasko - 10-24-2019 06:25 AM

Moloch Wrote:
That looks great!
The Iron Golems Armator looks a little bit close to the Hellcannon crew while here, as Dinadan stated, it's inspired by the 3rd edition style.

Somebody at GW must have had a look around the web to realize how popular CDs still are and realized that such warband is easilly sellable to our niche community.

How I wish GW would fully embrace it and make an evil dwarf AoS faction! Would be just glorious