CDO Forums
Golden Hat #8 - Winners Announced! - Printable Version

+- CDO Forums (http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Chaos Dwarfs Online (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: Website News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Golden Hat #8 - Winners Announced! (/showthread.php?tid=4843)

Golden Hat #8 - Winners Announced! - Grimstonefire - 03-16-2009 05:59 PM

For those living miles away from the nearest phone point the last couple of months we had a competition to create a warmachine.  This was Golden Hat 8, the regular competitions that our members have to test their skills against each other.

The voting has now closed and I can finally announce the winners

(added suspense...) and a drumroll...

1st Place and Golden Hat Winner:  Ishkur Cinderhat with his awesome bull like warmachine thing

2nd Place and Silver Hat Winner:  Xander with his warmachine based on the one from Warhammer Online.

3rd Place and Bronze Hat Winner:  tjub with his hilarious death rocket team.

Congratulations to all the entrants, but especially to the top 3.  Ishkur has proven he’s up there at the pinnacle of competition by being the only person to hold two Golden Hat medals.  I’ll catch you up just you wait… Wink  I assume Xander will get in touch with details of your AoW mini soon.

Xander I know is really pleased to have won a medal for his painting, I know you put in a lot of time and effort with this.

Tjub It’s been a great few months for you, no doubt this will mean a lot to you.  I presume Xander will send you the Canadian WD supplement.

To all our contenders your minis will be shown in the CDO Hall of Fame and you will receive a number of slaves equal to the number of participants.  All the better for sending to each other in Slave week Wink

For those curious we had 168 votes in the final round, Ishkur secured 18%, Xander 15% and tjub 14%.

This has been the most successful Golden Hat by far, more entries than any other competition and certainly more voting (in both rounds).

A round of applause for everyone.  May the drinking and feasting last for a whole week!

Entrant Key:
01 - Alvarok
02 - Loki
03 - Zanko
04 - orclord
05 - demi_morgana
06 - dedwrekka
07 - Cryonicleech
08 - tjub
09 - Tarrakk Blackhand
10 - Hazkar
11 - Swissdictator
12 - Borka
13 - Borador
14 - Kera foehunter
15 - Arashi
16 - the unheard one
17 - Astranagant
18 - clam
19 - Ishkur Cinderhat
20 - Maul
21 - Obsidian
22 - Canix
23 - Pyro Stick
24 - Grimstonefire
25 - Revlid
26 - Xander
27 - WhyNotCrashDifferently?
28 - GRNDL

RE: Golden Hat 8 - Winners Announced! - Kera foehunter - 03-16-2009 06:06 PM

yea !!!!!!!great job ish  now where are you going to  put that new first prize  !!your avatar is full!!
congrades xander on second
great job tjubs!!!!!! you did well

RE: Golden Hat 8 - Winners Announced! - Ubertechie - 03-16-2009 06:13 PM

Congrats to everyone and especially to the winners (i think that this was my top 3 so maybe congratulations to me as well?)

Fantastic modelling and painting and people really pushed the envelope in so many different ways - this can only be a good thing for the site and chaos dwarfs in general

RE: Golden Hat 8 - Winners Announced! - clam - 03-16-2009 06:19 PM

Yeah a big congrats to all the winners here Cheers! - best GH ever! May this set the standard for all future GHs Big Grin

RE: Golden Hat 8 - Winners Announced! - Swissdictator - 03-16-2009 06:25 PM

I think all my final three got it... nice.

Cheers! Ishkur! Nicely done sir!

Cheers! Xander, I really like how you brought a concept out of WAR into the game! Happy

Cheers! tjub This warmachine always puts a smile on my face. A wicked evil, but delighted, smile!

Congrats to all three! I love the work of all three of you.

RE: Golden Hat 8 - Winners Announced! - Border Reiver - 03-16-2009 06:41 PM

Well done all, especially to Ishkur - that bull is awesome!

Xander - nicely done

And to tjub - A wonderfully humerous look at rocket launching.

RE: Golden Hat 8 - Winners Announced! - Ishkur Cinderhat - 03-16-2009 07:17 PM

Whoa, I'll have to add a few centimeters to my hat to celebrate this occasion! Happy

Man, building the Shatterer Beast was one of the most rewarding things I did during the past months. I really enjoyed working on it for those weeks in January and February (or rather every now and then and on the weekends, mostly), so.. thanks CDO for this!! Cheers!

Congrats Xander, that's an impressive amount of firepower. ^^ And tjub hope you'll make many opponents laugh with this great model!

Now I am looking forward to seeing all those awesome entries in the individual blogs. With big pictures!

RE: Golden Hat 8 - Winners Announced! - Ubertechie - 03-16-2009 07:29 PM

Ishkur
Do you have a set of WIP photos / details on how you made the model - would certainly make a very interesting read

RE: Golden Hat 8 - Winners Announced! - GRNDL - 03-16-2009 08:04 PM

Bah!!

/shakes fist

RE: Golden Hat 8 - Winners Announced! - Willmark - 03-16-2009 09:29 PM

Damn impressive an awesome job all round!

Xander better get busy doling out the prizes, there is a veritable dwarf hoard there.

RE: Golden Hat 8 - Winners Announced! - wallacer - 03-16-2009 10:24 PM

An amazingly high calibre of entries in the comp this year.  Congrats to all who placed.  I am in awe of your talent.

RE: Golden Hat 8 - Winners Announced! - Xander - 03-16-2009 11:47 PM

The prizes, as explain in the prize thread work this way:

The winner, Ishkur, gets to choose which of the 3 prizes he wants.  The remaining two are raffled off.  Another person volunteered an AoW model.  So we might be able to get one for Tjub too. I will contact the donor.  The raffles will be random, and I will determine the winners in a couple days!

Thanks for all your votes! Happy  You can expect a LOT of WIP pics.  I took MANY of them.

RE: Golden Hat 8 - Winners Announced! - Swissdictator - 03-17-2009 01:19 AM

Xander Wrote:
Thanks for all your votes! Happy  You can expect a LOT of WIP pics.  I took MANY of them.

SWEET! It looks like it took a lot of work Xander, so I'm looking forward to seeing them and perhaps sneaking off with a few ideas of how to make conversions easier!

RE: Golden Hat 8 - Winners Announced! - tjub - 03-17-2009 01:51 AM

Great contest over all!
Good to see that I too voted for the ones beating me, and I must say that both of them are a level above my rocket... Happy

RE: Golden Hat 8 - Winners Announced! - demi_morgana - 03-17-2009 01:51 AM

congrats to the winners! Big Grin it was a pleasure to compete with such entries!
please PM me your addresses so little SMM something can be sent to you... Wink

RE: Golden Hat 8 - Winners Announced! - Bassman - 03-17-2009 03:20 AM

Compliments to everybody. Just one of my favourites managed to get to the top three..... but all of the entries are so cool I'm not disappointed with the result.
Hashut!
Hahut will be pleased by this gargantuan bull! Respect to the Hat!
Bassman

RE: Golden Hat 8 - Winners Announced! - Ghrask Dragh - 03-17-2009 05:07 AM

An amazing competition, the standards for Golden Hat have been set and this one will be very hard to beat indeed!!

Takes Hat off to everyone who entered and congratulations to the winners Cheers!

RE: Golden Hat 8 - Winners Announced! - Ubertechie - 03-17-2009 05:09 AM

Xander Wrote:
I will contact the donor.  

PM Sent

RE: Golden Hat 8 - Winners Announced! - Arashi - 03-17-2009 07:34 AM

Congrats to all of you!

RE: Golden Hat 8 - Winners Announced! - Ishkur Cinderhat - 03-17-2009 07:45 AM

@Xander - I've sent you a PM! ^^

@Ubertechie - aye, I put them online in my army blog here. Hope to see many more people's entries in larger scale soon! Takes Hat off

RE: Golden Hat 8 - Winners Announced! - two_heads_talking - 03-17-2009 07:58 AM

Awesome job. Congratulations to everyone.

RE: Golden Hat 8 - Winners Announced! - Tarrakk Blackhand - 03-17-2009 12:07 PM

Exellent work everyone, especially the winners. Glad to see that everyone I voted for won!

RE: Golden Hat 8 - Winners Announced! - Canix - 03-17-2009 12:54 PM

Excellent winners ,I am in awe of the modelling skill in all three for entirely different reasons.I must say that the awesome beast that was Ishkurs entry floored me Respect to the Hat!
Congratulations to all who entered it was the best Golden Hat so far ,i cant wait to see whats next Big Grin

RE: Golden Hat 8 - Winners Announced! - Arashi - 03-17-2009 02:03 PM

Just a question: Have the slaves been given yet?

RE: Golden Hat 8 - Winners Announced! - Zanko - 03-17-2009 02:20 PM

Congratulations!!! Takes Hat off

All models in the contest were great, but in my opinion the most impressive one
(and my personal favourite Shock) has won!!! Big Grin

Hashut!

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Winners Announced! - Sojourn - 03-17-2009 04:40 PM

amazing work you guys! fantastic. Happy so proud of you all

*group hug* Tongue

So Ish, are you gonna throw out an older medal? do you have anymore room!?

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Winners Announced! - Ishkur Cinderhat - 03-17-2009 04:53 PM

Hah, Sojourn two Golden Hat medals in the profile are technically impossible in the forum's sourcecode! Tongue

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Winners Announced! - Xander - 03-17-2009 04:56 PM

I will be making the same icon with a "2" in the corner, not to worry! Happy

I am surprised this is the first time I have needed to do so.

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Winners Announced! - GRNDL - 03-17-2009 05:26 PM

Hmph!

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Winners Announced! - Kera foehunter - 03-17-2009 05:41 PM

well you better keep making them !! all the way to 10   !!
once again thanks ishkur for raising the standards!!

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Winners Announced! - Ishkur Cinderhat - 03-17-2009 06:03 PM

It was my pleasure Happy
Although I get a feeling I should better go into hiding for a few weeks... GRNDL why did you bring those bloodhounds? No, don't! ^^

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Winners Announced! - demi_morgana - 03-18-2009 11:21 AM

just quick update: today I got addresses of all 3 big winners so the models will be sent away tomorrow Takes Hat off
congrats once again! for the next gh contest we'll be able to provide much more Moscal-prizes Cheers!

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Winners Announced! - furrie - 03-18-2009 11:21 AM

gratz to the winner and of course the rest who has entered

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Winners Announced! - Henroth - 03-23-2009 05:26 AM

Congratulations for the winners. Cheers!

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Winners Announced! - cianty - 03-27-2009 10:58 PM

Congratulations! Those are some really impressive well-done conversions - all of them! I really admire how you guys keep on producing these kinds of results for the competitions on a regular basis. Really cool!

RE: Golden Hat #8 - Winners Announced! - tjub - 06-29-2009 04:55 AM

I cant find GH#8 on the site, is it me beeing stupid and blind. Or have you been lazy and not put it there with the other Golden Hats yet? Tongue