CDO Forums
Blast your head! [Snotling's Blunderbusses] - Printable Version

+- CDO Forums (http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Hobby (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Forum: Modeling Ideas and Advice (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Forum: Tutorials (/forumdisplay.php?fid=61)
+---- Thread: Blast your head! [Snotling's Blunderbusses] (/showthread.php?tid=61)

Blast your head! [Snotling's Blunderbusses] - Snotling - 02-14-2007 06:07 PM

Here we go, after years of hard working i finally finished my Blunderbussers. yesterday i used them in a battle, they don't only blast the enemys head, they blast everything! ^^

they are WIPs (obviously...), the standard bearer bears only a stick and two archers are missed in a hole of Zharr-Naggrund... i think, they return later, when i've changed the bodys with the cape to normal bodys. i have made some experiments with the armor, plates and scales and chains and so on.
i will paint them later, but in this moment... what do you think?

RE: Blast your head! - Xander - 02-14-2007 06:15 PM

These guys are simply breathtaking! Stunning, really.

You are truly a master of GS!  They have a very unique look, very very cool.  The guns themselves look exactly how they should, and the armour is brilliant!  Fantasic work.

RE: Blast your head! - StyrofoamKing - 02-14-2007 06:16 PM

I really like. Especially the bald ones.  (And the movement trays made from sprues. I'll have to try that myself.)

What are the bases made out of, cork board?

RE: Blast your head! - hal - 02-14-2007 06:53 PM

Absolutely fantastic, no faults as far as I can see.
I love the balaclavas.
Simply stunning, very unique/

RE: Blast your head! - Snotling - 02-14-2007 07:31 PM

StyrofoamKing Wrote:
And the movement trays made from sprues. I'll have to try that myself.)

hehe, yeah, i try to use the BfSP box as good as i could, even the waste Big Grin

StyrofoamKing Wrote:
What are the bases made out of, cork board?

yep, cork is pretty good fpr rocks... don't use real stones, they don't look like stones, use cork Happy

RE: Blast your head! - The Flying Beaver - 02-14-2007 07:40 PM

Wow! I don't think I've ever seen such well done blunderbussiers! There's certainly a lot of talent in this forum!

RE: Blast your head! - Ellimist - 02-14-2007 08:10 PM

0.o

Wow, very nice work. I love how the bases are stepped so they won't shoot each other! Very nice interpretation of the ranking rules regarding fire strength!

And, as everyone else has said, brilliant GS work.

RE: Blast your head! - Bjorni - 02-14-2007 09:11 PM

Very Nice,

I'm happy I already finished my stepped, cork BB bases..........Happy

Cheers,
Bjorn

RE: Blast your head! - Hashut's Blessing - 02-14-2007 09:24 PM

Great, my jaw hurts and I have a hole in the floor. I'm also greener than your models! (With envy...)

RE: Blast your head! - Revlid - 02-15-2007 04:20 AM

Okay, now those?
Those are awesome.
Exactly as I imagine Blunderbussiers, and I especially like the bald ones.

RE: Blast your head! - Hobgoblyn - 02-15-2007 05:07 AM

I am very impressed. I think I would have liked to see a step by step of how you made it, but even so...
Very nice job.

RE: Blast your head! - Snotling - 02-15-2007 04:25 PM

Revlid Wrote:
and I especially like the bald ones.

grmpf, now i wish they would be bald, but they have only a very naked helmet... if i would paint it in flesh tones, they're getting coneheads Big Grin

RE: Blast your head! - Snotling - 02-15-2007 04:33 PM

Hobgoblyn Wrote:
I think I would have liked to see a step by step of how you made it, but even so...

yeah, would like to make a turtorial, too and for these guys, i wanted to make one about how is made the weapons... but it is pretty complicated, only the principle was easy and i had to repeat it very often to give them their final form.

RE: Blast your head! - Asger - 02-15-2007 06:58 PM

Probably the best chaos dwarfs I have seen to date!

Asger

RE: Blast your head! - Hashut's Blessing - 02-16-2007 10:15 AM

Could you not perhaps webcam record it and put it on photobucket, then post the link to it....

RE: Blast your head! - Snotling - 02-16-2007 11:00 AM

Hashut's Blessing Wrote:
Could you not perhaps webcam record it and put it on photobucket, then post the link to it....

no sorry, i've no webcam... i'll try to make something like a report how i made the BB's, but it's not very easy for me, to explain it in english... maybe all of you learn german, isn't it a good idea? Big Grin

RE: Blast your head! - StyrofoamKing - 02-16-2007 01:41 PM

Learn German? Njet, Njet! (wait, that's Russian. Dagg, already off to a bad start.)

Well, it's not too easy, but you can file the helmets down till it becomes a bald head.  A little tricky, but I've done it a few times myself.

RE: Blast your head! - Snotling - 02-17-2007 10:42 AM

be asure that there will some CDs with bald heads in the future, my shadow mage, for example

RE: Blast your head! - Lord_Varut_Firebiter - 02-18-2007 08:57 AM

wow those are SO GOOD, i wish i could make such fantastic looking blunderbusses, very nice job

grtz Lord Varut

RE: Blast your head! - LLV - 02-26-2007 02:54 PM

Big Grinfantastic work snotling!

In fact SO fantastic im gonna steal some of your concepts if you dont mind

RE: Blast your head! - Snotling - 02-26-2007 03:15 PM

Exquisite Evil Wrote:
In fact SO fantastic im gonna steal some of your concepts if you dont mind

grmpf... but you can sculpt much better... okay, you can use my ideas, but only if you write "stolen from snotling, blessed is he, grand is his power" under your pics Tongue
no, just kidding, take it, take it, make them better than ever before! hehe, they will look cool ^^

RE: Blast your head! - vorhash blackmane - 02-27-2007 10:52 AM

Geez, I was thinking of entering the conversion contest, but now i'm not so sure, i don't want to make a fool of myself. How on earth do you manage such great models with greenstuff? i find it will stick to anything other than the blasted mini itself! still anger and jealousy aside, let me cogatulate you, you'll have a totally unique army when all is said and done. As for me, well i'll plod on and maybe post some pics soon if you promise not to laugh, cheers you evil fiendCheers!

RE: Blast your head! - Snotling - 02-27-2007 12:49 PM

hehe, thank you ^^
it's all about practise, and they are far away from beeing perfect. i cannot sculpt clothes and many parts could be more "symetric".... and all in all, i think, they don't look evil enough ^^

vorhash blackmane Wrote:
Geez, I was thinking of entering the conversion contest, but now i'm not so sure, i don't want to make a fool of myself.

no no! i want to inspire other players and don't make them think, they make a fool of themselfs ^^. keep up working, as i told, it's all about practise Takes Hat off

RE: Blast your head! - StyrofoamKing - 02-27-2007 04:04 PM

OKAY, WHERE DO I FIND THESE SMILIES YOU'RE USING??????

RE: Blast your head! - Grimstonefire - 02-27-2007 04:25 PM

@ Styrofoamking
Go to Add Reply, they should be there on the left.  They aren't anywhere on quick reply.

Check out the site suggestions thread
http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=19

RE: Blast your head! - Xander - 02-27-2007 05:54 PM

Hehe, everyone uses Quick Replies. XD

RE: Blast your head! - StyrofoamKing - 02-28-2007 10:54 AM

Mad
Hashut says "Use quick reply! Gives you more time to dig!"

RE: Blast your head! - Hashut's Blessing - 02-28-2007 07:47 PM

I use quick reply because I always have to be quick. Must check out the new emoticons though and save a list of the typed version into my brain!

EDIT: Whoops, we're kind of going off-topic now.

RE: Blast your head! - Xander - 02-28-2007 11:04 PM

These conversions are ace!  GreenStuff to the max!  

(Yay, back on topic now. Tongue )

RE: Blast your head! - Kobarf - 06-28-2007 12:10 PM

Great conversions!!Takes Hat off
They remind me of the Van Helsing Dwergies, which is a good thing of course. I like the idea of big hat champions, it makes for a good hierarchy in your army.
Now get them painted up so we can all drool some more..

Kobarf

Edit: whoops a bit of thread necromancy: didn't notice it, sorry guys..
But hopefully they'll get painted quicker now Wink .

RE: Blast your head! - Xander - 06-28-2007 02:41 PM

No worries with the Threadomancy.  As long as your comment has some substance.  Unlike postsing "cool" and that is all. Tongue

Plus, I basically invited you to post on this thread. Tongue

RE: Blast your head! - The Slaver - 06-28-2007 04:44 PM

Excelent Cds! that idea about the bases is awsome, and i think i might just have to steal it!! Also, did you scrape the beards of the thunderers from the bfsp away first, or just build curly beards over them? i have some BB's in production and couldn't decide where to go with this detail. Once again awsome stuff!!

RE: Blast your head! - Snotling - 06-28-2007 06:39 PM

thank you guys for reanimating my threat Takes Hat off
you like the Van Helsing Dwarfs, don't you, Kobarf? Happy but hey, everyone does, they are very CD-ish ^^. they are done, soon, but i'm very busy in theses days, sorry Hobgoblin
yep, i removed the beards, before i sculpted new. it is much better for the result.

RE: Blast your head! - Kobarf - 06-28-2007 09:59 PM

What's not to like, they're evil, industrial and they dress weird...Happy
I can't wait for the painted pics.
I also suggest removing the beard, take a look at Xander's youtube adventure for the whole shazam.

Kobarf

RE: Blast your head! - torn - 06-29-2007 06:07 AM

im glad this thread was ressurected becuse otherwise i wouldnt have seen these chaos special little people. really think snotlings stuff is some of the best ive seen.

RE: Blast your head! - Nazhur - 06-29-2007 07:40 AM

Similiar to me, I had not seen this. Very awsome CD theres. Dam, they are fine

RE: Blast your head! - Xander - 06-29-2007 08:22 AM

You would have seen them when he finished painting them! Wink

Don't neglect the "Compiled Conversions" thread stickied at the top, it archives Conversion threads so they are easier to find. Happy

RE: Blast your head! - Ghrask Dragh - 06-29-2007 08:23 PM

Sorry to bring up an old point but... they are awesome Cheers!!!!!
The green stuff and character of these minis is an inspiration can't wait to see them painted!

RE: Blast your head! - Traitor King - 07-03-2007 02:16 PM

Oh man! these are so win!
They're just insane, i cant wait of colpled models/more photos.

How were the guns themsleves made?

RE: Blast your head! - Snotling - 07-03-2007 02:30 PM

it is'n very difficult, but needs some practise. i made it with GS, a plastic tube and a marble (softgun ammo ^^). maybe someday i'll make a turtorial, when i build the last two archers ('cause i only have 16, i don't like the backs with the capes for normal troopers so i want to change them...)

EDIT: if you want more photos... here you are Takes Hat off

okay... it's not much new, except the standart and the unit base (which isn't very spectacular Happy)

RE: Blast your head! - Xander - 07-03-2007 02:44 PM

A great pic nevertheless!  Awesome!

RE: Blast your head! - Traitor King - 07-03-2007 03:38 PM

Agree!
the tiered appraoch looks intense!
The banner whoever looks a lil' bit religous though... hmmm could look preety sweet after paintingthough.

RE: Blast your head! - Snotling - 07-04-2007 12:59 AM

religious... tze.. you have to free your mind from the "real world", there is no jesus in Zharr-Naggrund, the only jesus in the warhammer world got a big hammer and killed alone armys of undead and orcs Cheers!
no, it is a metal cross, the dawi-zharr "nail" the "bigger races" on the cross of slavery under the fire of HASHUT!Hashut!
it's a question of the point of view Takes Hat off

RE: Blast your head! - AGPO - 07-04-2007 06:55 AM

Hey ho, just be prepared for some over-religious people to complain when they see it. I personally think it looks awesome. Is "over-religious" a tortology?

RE: Blast your head! - Snotling - 07-04-2007 09:35 AM

AGPO Wrote:
Hey ho, just be prepared for some over-religious people to complain when they see it.

i don't fear them, we are Chaos, Chaos is strong! Takes Hat off

RE: Blast your head! - Arashi - 07-04-2007 10:18 AM

We aren´t chaos, we are chaos dwarfs!

Back to the topic, these blunderbusses are sweet snotling. I really want to see them painted!!!

RE: Blast your head! - Xander - 07-04-2007 10:30 AM

We enslave the powers of chaos for our own ends. Wink

RE: Blast your head! - Traitor King - 07-04-2007 11:36 AM

Sorry if that was interpreted wrongly, i was just thinking that religous people would complan. I like it myself (and im not religous. Stick it too the man!)

We might as well be chaos...

RE: Blast your head! - AGPO - 07-06-2007 08:06 AM

TK, don't start this debate off again, it tends to get nowhere. If you really want to, kick it off in a more appropriate section of the site

RE: Blast your head! - Xander - 07-06-2007 01:54 PM

No worries AGPO!  No need for hostility. Happy  Some Chaos Dwarfs have closer alliances to Chaos, some do not.  That's the personal touch. Wink

RE: Blast your head! - Traitor King - 07-07-2007 06:41 AM

#Sorry APGO, wasnt trying to restart debate, mearly set straight what i meant.
I actully really like the whole 'cross of slavery' idea.

Back on topic, when are you gonig to get these painted up Snotling?

RE: Blast your head! - Kobarf - 07-07-2007 09:11 AM

Now that's a cool banner, I love your flame sculpting, you'll have to do a tutorial on that one.
You do have this thing with puppets don't you Tongue the chaos dwarf artclass is going to need that one back though Wink
Fantastic unit, now start painting you lazy git.. Hashut!

Kobarf

RE: Blast your head! - Snotling - 07-08-2007 01:39 PM

patience is a virtue, this week, they will be finished

RE: Blast your head! - Traitor King - 07-08-2007 01:52 PM

Patience is a virtue I cant be bothered to wait for.

RE: Blast your head! - grimsnikk - 07-09-2007 05:50 PM

any chance we could get a close up of some of them?  The dragon scale style armour looks really cool.

Did you do that in a single layer of GS or one level at a time?

RE: Blast your head! - Snotling - 07-10-2007 10:34 AM

yes, when they are finished, otherwise you would see that they are not that god sculpted as it seems Takes Hat off

grimsnikk Wrote:
Did you do that in a single layer of GS or one level at a time?

you mean the spikey scales? at the same time, they are not difficult to sculpt, but are even not as clean as Kobarfs. maybe when i convert the next dwarfs, i remember to make a turtorial. but first i have to paint BBs ^^

RE: Blast your head! - clam - 07-14-2007 04:38 PM

You done it againCheers!

I really love these guys - and I demand close ups of that Big hat - champion before his is paintedWink

RE: Blast your head! - leviathan - 09-16-2007 02:39 PM

these look simply amazing! i was wondering what kind of cork you used. that doesn't look like cork from a wine bottle

RE: Blast your head! - Snotling - 09-16-2007 03:25 PM

no, not wine, i made the rocks from cork plates... from a pin bord or something ^^

RE: Blast your head! - leviathan - 09-16-2007 06:08 PM

ah i see. thanks for that info. also, if i may how did you make the goggles? is that milliput or plasticard?

RE: Blast your head! - Snotling - 09-17-2007 10:20 AM

plasticard tubes. milliput sucks, but it would also work with green stuff, as you see on my "steampunk dwarf warrior"

RE: Blast your head! - Border Reiver - 09-17-2007 10:35 AM

I rather like your blunderbusses here and may have to try something like this with my BFSP Dwarfs.  

For your standard , what are you planning to make the body look like, a greenskin or somthing else?

RE: Blast your head! - duktu - 09-17-2007 11:22 AM

I must say - Snotling your BB's looks awesome! The idea of goggles and the cloth (scarf-thing?) covering the nose and mouth is brilliant! I also like the idea of the additional ranks standing a little higher than the first one (it really goes well with the BB's rules Happy ).

EDIT: I can't wait to see the unit painted. Silly me, you've already posted the unit (without the two missing dwarfs) in your dwarf factory thread Happy

RE: Blast your head! - Xander - 09-17-2007 06:43 PM

duktu Wrote:
EDIT: I can't wait to see the unit painted. Silly me, you've already posted the unit (without the two missing dwarfs) in your dwarf factory thread Happy

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=488&pid=7929#pid7929

Wink

Now others will not share your fate. Takes Hat off

RE: Blast your head! - Snotling - 09-18-2007 10:07 AM

hey, you moved my pic, give me slaves!! Tongue Takes Hat off

RE: Blast your head! - Willmark - 09-19-2007 08:36 AM

Without a doubt Snotling's CD's have got to be the gold standard for converted CD figures. I'd be hard pressed to name anyone who has converted or painted better. Cheers!

RE: Blast your head! - TheChaosDwarfBehemeth - 12-05-2007 06:18 AM

hey sntoling what did u make the weapons out of ?
just grenstuff or did u use other things?

RE: Blast your head! - Ronshank - 12-07-2007 08:39 PM

Shock How is it someone so good at converting is such a good painter? Well done. Your army pics always impress me

RE: Blast your head! [Snotling's Blunderbusses] - Shatter - 01-29-2010 09:06 PM

Nice Job! Really love the work you've done!!!

RE: Blast your head! [Snotling's Blunderbusses] - Grimstonefire - 01-29-2010 09:17 PM

You are fortunate that Snotling is a regular visitor so he can read your compliment.  Raising a 2 year old thread it's not always the case that the person still visits. Wink

RE: Blast your head! [Snotling's Blunderbusses] - Dead Kennedy - 01-30-2010 01:22 PM

If I might drop a word in a venerable thread, I always loved these models. I never noticed the stickman standard, and the musician looks great... it looks nothing like a conventional instrument. I'd like to see that idea of an infernal CD pipe explored some more. If European inspired dwarfs can claim the bagpipe, maybe Chaos Dwarfs can explore industrial metal (and the steampipe hellbags it plays on).

I've always been impressed by the standard of the sculpting too. The details add so much character, and make me think more of an engineer-class of soldiers than a conventional missle trooper.

Apologies if this is empty theadomancy, but these are beautiful and I always wanted to give props.

RE: Blast your head! [Snotling's Blunderbusses] - Snotling - 02-04-2010 01:59 PM

It's okay, I'm allways very interessted in what people think about my minis. It heps me planing future projects. I wil at least build two more CD units, BBs und BCs, and I really should keep in mind to give them mechanical instruments, organ backpacks or someting ^^

RE: Blast your head! [Snotling's Blunderbusses] - captain carrot - 02-16-2010 07:03 PM

Make sure you do a tutorial this time. I love all your sculpts they look ace.

RE: Blast your head! [Snotling's Blunderbusses] - The Snowman - 02-17-2010 01:36 AM

I too have always liked these models. They are an inspiration. As always though, I took what I liked from several armies and applied them to my army.
These I think were the first ones that I saw when I searched for chaos dwarf conversions... that is how I found this site.

RE: Blast your head! [Snotling's Blunderbusses] - Düron - 12-05-2010 04:45 PM

how did you make the goggles ??? Shock

by te way ,truely epic!!!! Takes Hat off

RE: Blast your head! [Snotling's Blunderbusses] - Da Crusha - 12-05-2010 09:30 PM

Düron Wrote:
how did you make the goggles ??? Shock

by te way ,truely epic!!!! Takes Hat off

you have to check out his real blog
http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=488

RE: Blast your head! [Snotling's Blunderbusses] - braid beard - 09-18-2011 02:06 AM

wow. simply wow.

keep up the good work Big Grin

RE: Blast your head! [Snotling's Blunderbusses] - Castellan - 12-01-2011 10:25 PM

Really great work here, Snotling. Your work is a great inspiration!

RE: Blast your head! [Snotling's Blunderbusses] - Niblebitzer - 04-15-2012 04:44 PM

Looking great. I especially liked the creativity you have shown with musician and standard.

RE: Blast your head! [Snotling's Blunderbusses] - knightwolf - 05-25-2012 10:12 AM

what did you start your blunderbusses with.  sorry if you already said

RE: Blast your head! [Snotling's Blunderbusses] - Admiral - 03-30-2014 03:42 PM

Stunning blunderbusses! Even with the new FW, Titan Wargames and Russian Alternative shinies they look the part.