Post Reply  Post Thread 
Would you buy this Animated Dwarf Statue?
Author MessageWould you buy this Animated Dwarf Statue?
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 10
Slaves: 625
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2017 Best Attitude - 2017                               
Would you buy this Animated Dwarf Statue?Admiral 03-28-2015

This sculpt of an animated Dwarf statue of ancient times, or possibly a petrified wizard woken to life, will, if all goes well, be cast by Czech caster Jan Kral over at Custom Made Minis (a company which specializes in providing mouldmaking and casting services for minor sculptors). Mouldmaking will happen in May. Then, I'll sell the product in my first attempt at business.

Below are pictures of the sculpt and a scale shot:

Jan told me the sculpt looks massive, but I don't think it will be much worse off after the metal shrinks in the mould than any 30-32mm miniature amongst 28mm models. Size variation is normal in any population. Judge for yourself in the pictures.

However, since I like Dwarfs robust and round, it means that the statue model will probably weigh up to 3 times as much as your average 28mm metal miniature. Hat and optional hands help contribute to that.

Still, our worse-case calculations show that it's a viable product (especially since it is a multi-part character kit), and I hope to earn back the mouldmaking and casting costs with the first row of 25-30 casts ordered from Custom Made Miniatures. Once this venture has repaid its investment, I'll send down the Stricken Dwarf (which is less massive) and by then maybe also the scribe and slaves (if finished) for mouldmaking and casting.

I'll have to check on postage costs to various countries in various packages carefully once I receive any casts, but me and my brother agree that the end product shouldn't end up costing more than 20€ including postage. We'll see about price later on, but a preliminary guess would be roughly 12€ plus postage, maybe more maybe less.

As such, would you buy this miniature?

In case you know already that you will order the model, please PM me or tell me here, and I'll sign you up on a list to inform you right away of everything relevant once the product is released. Selling will happen through the market place forum on CDO, followed by PM and E-mail correspondence, followed by PayPal transaction. I'd prefer to use PayPal as a means to do business, not least since PayPal have a means for refunding should the order get lost in the post or whatever, thereby providing some security for buyers.

If you know already that you'd like to purchase the miniature by other means than PayPal, please tell me.

This is the closest thing to a preorder we'll have for this one. Signing up names of interested customers could help determine the size of the first order of casts.

News on CDO: Artisan's Contest XXIX - Voting Deadline 27th of February  ...  Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings:
Fables. Songs. Proverbs. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules. Ninth Age concepts.

This post was last modified: 03-31-2015 04:57 AM by Admiral.

03-28-2015 06:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Messages In This Thread
Would you buy this Animated Dwarf Statue? - Admiral - 03-28-2015 06:15 AM
RE: Would you buy this Animated Dwarf Statue? - Doombeard - 03-28-2015, 11:37 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Animated Dwarf Statue of Ancient Times Released Admiral 13 7,165 06-28-2016 06:45 AM
Last Post: Admiral

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites