Post Reply  Post Thread 
Lore of Hashut Cataclysm Spells
Author MessageLore of Hashut Cataclysm Spells
Nicodemus
Grand Imperious Sorcerer of the Forge

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 40
Slaves: 1259
Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Best Attitude - 2010 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2011 Golden Hat - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2013 Photobucket Migration Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
Lore of Hashut Cataclysm SpellsNicodemus 11-01-2011

Seeing as the Tamurkhan book does not include Cataclysm spells for the Lore of Hashut (did we really think it would) this leaves our Lore of Hashut sorcerers somewhat mismatched in SoM games. Here's some rules and cards I made up for our local friendly games:

Presence

Equilibrium

Dominance

The set:

Sorry, can't send out a pdf of all of them as the main Lore of Hashut cards are not my IP

Has anyone else come up with their own versions?
~N

P.S. found a typo... will fix that later Wink

Nicodemus' adage: "It is not enough to bash in skulls, we must bash in minds!"

Nicodemus' Forge of Unfinished Business (Chaos Dwarf Blog) and Non-Dawi'Zharr Blog
Warhammer Quest & Dreams of Hashut (3D Tile Creation Blog - Dawi Underway & More!!)
Chaos Dwarf 'Quest Blog (Download the Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarfs Roleplay Book )
Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarf Expansion (Board Game Geek)

11-01-2011 05:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ryanamandaanna
Great Taurus

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 4
Slaves: 249
Golden Hat - Gold Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Veteran Medal - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze                               
RE: Lore of Hashut Cataclysm Spellsryanamandaanna 11-01-2011

1 and 3 are really interesting-- 2 seems like it may be a little overpowered?  What has your experience been with them?

11-01-2011 05:22 PM
Nicodemus
Grand Imperious Sorcerer of the Forge

Market Rep: 40
Slaves: 1259
Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Best Attitude - 2010 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2011 Golden Hat - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2013 Photobucket Migration Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: Lore of Hashut Cataclysm SpellsNicodemus 11-01-2011

We haven't had an occasion to use #2 yet. It could be OP, but I was thinking that any game that allowed the destruction of buildings and is already in a SoM setting where Cataclysm spells are anyway that this effect may not be too crazy.  Maybe instead it should require the player to choose one building instead of "Any buildings"... 1 is maybe good, 5 would be OP Wink

I was more worried about spell #1, but so far it's been only moderate as it's never been to the point where I could totally pull my army out of the fire with it... I think for #1 to be OP I'd need to have several warmachines damaged and/or unable to fire for a turn, and then instead have them all immediately fire and catch my opponent unprepared.  #3 is basically a copy of the other vortex spells and is amost balanced simply by relation to all the others.

Nicodemus' adage: "It is not enough to bash in skulls, we must bash in minds!"

Nicodemus' Forge of Unfinished Business (Chaos Dwarf Blog) and Non-Dawi'Zharr Blog
Warhammer Quest & Dreams of Hashut (3D Tile Creation Blog - Dawi Underway & More!!)
Chaos Dwarf 'Quest Blog (Download the Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarfs Roleplay Book )
Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarf Expansion (Board Game Geek)

11-01-2011 05:52 PM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Market Rep: 10
Slaves: 587
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2017 Best Attitude - 2017 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Lore of Hashut Cataclysm SpellsAdmiral 11-01-2011

I like your range of Cataclysm spells. But I think that #3's name is too long. How about just "Hashut's Diabolic Furnace"?

In any case, the spells seem to be on the level, good work on those!

Join us on the new forum. Come help us test it out! https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com

Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Songs. Proverbs. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules. Ninth Age concepts.
11-01-2011 07:40 PM
cornixt
Brewer of Daemonic Beer

Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 1337
Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Attitude - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Lore of Hashut Cataclysm Spellscornixt 11-02-2011

Are these completely new spells you made up or are they existing cataclysm spells with a Hashut-twist? I wondered if simply compiling a list of the suitable existing spells would work well, mostly taking Fire, Death, Metal, and Shadow spells so you don't have to argue with anyone over the fairness.

Like a Great Taurus in a Cathay shop.
There's a lot more in the wiki than you think, check out the wiki contents

11-02-2011 02:07 PM
KramDratta
Bull Centaur

Market Rep: 3
Slaves: 103

RE: Lore of Hashut Cataclysm SpellsKramDratta 11-06-2011

@Nicodemus: Could you like post an image of the blank front card & another of the back image for those of us with less ... artistic skill?

11-06-2011 02:37 AM
RichardC1967
Bull Centaur Hero

Market Rep: 7
Slaves: 90

RE: Lore of Hashut Cataclysm SpellsRichardC1967 07-01-2012

any updates on these cards with regards to fixing the typos(card 1 has two, and card 3 has several) or renaming card 3 to the shorter suggested name?Thanks for coming up with these..I'm looking forward to using them...

Once more into the fray.
Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
Live and die on this day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mb1qz6-FwBA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oVzfzuts...re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=req-oDf2ZRc

This post was last modified: 07-01-2012 03:34 PM by RichardC1967.

07-01-2012 03:33 PM
Barukh
Hobgoblin

Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 9

RE: Lore of Hashut Cataclysm SpellsBarukh 07-03-2012

I think the equilibrium spell is actually pretty fair and should stay the same, since it requires that you had to have been controlling the building or fulcrum the turn before it was destroyed. I don't recall but I think there are one or two actual cataclysm spells that can destroy fulcrums, and destroying buildings usually is dependent on the SoM's additional scenario rules.

This post was last modified: 07-03-2012 02:12 PM by Barukh.

07-03-2012 02:11 PM
rpitts2004
Bull Centaur

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 49

RE: Lore of Hashut Cataclysm Spellsrpitts2004 07-03-2012

yeah back of the card would be great!

These are awesome

07-03-2012 03:35 PM
RichardC1967
Bull Centaur Hero

Market Rep: 7
Slaves: 90

RE: Lore of Hashut Cataclysm SpellsRichardC1967 07-03-2012

rpitts2004 Wrote:

These are awesome

I just used the "Lore of Hashut" cards back that another member posted here a while back...

Once more into the fray.
Into the last good fight I'll ever know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mb1qz6-FwBA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oVzfzuts...re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=req-oDf2ZRc
07-03-2012 03:42 PM
rpitts2004
Bull Centaur

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 49

RE: Lore of Hashut Cataclysm Spellsrpitts2004 07-03-2012

RichardC1967 Wrote:

rpitts2004 Wrote:

These are awesome

I just used the "Lore of Hashut" cards back that another member posted here a while back...

Didn't think of that, thanks

07-03-2012 03:57 PM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Little something for our community, Lore of Hashut Cards! (Revised 5/30/12) Veshnakar 124 92,351 11-28-2018 11:19 AM
Last Post: Jasko
  Legion of Azgorh Endless Spells Thommy H 5 1,351 08-27-2018 10:42 AM
Last Post: Vapo
  [split] Lore of Hashut Jangrim 21 7,581 08-01-2009 05:53 AM
Last Post: Jangrim
  Lore of Hashut Ideas Lord Zarkov 18 7,540 02-24-2007 01:57 PM
Last Post: itcamefromthedeep

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites