Pages (20): « First [1] 2 3 4 5 Next > Last »
7 Votes - 5 Average   Chaos Dwarf Spaghetti
Author MessageChaos Dwarf Spaghetti
Skink
Slann Mage Priest

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 674
Golden Hat - Silver Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
Chaos Dwarf SpaghettiSkink 12-07-2011

Hi! Some of you might remember my old CD army showcased in this forum & the Word of Hashut webzine. It has been kind of a long time (years) since I posted new minis on these pages because, you see, In real life I travel a lot and usually never get home to work on my models.
However, recently I had surgery done under my left foot, an event that forced me to sit my butt on a chair and... Find something to do!  Over the next few weeks I'll restart work on my Chaos Dwarf army, and, hopefully, I'll add units as time goes by. So... What have I done? I re-based all my models and got rid of my first sculpts which were really ugly. This is why I decided to start a new army blog.

Here are the first five models of heavy Chaos Dwarf infantry:

And their standard:

The symbol on the drum needs highlights, the champion's face is only primed.

"Hashut! Vorgrund! Zharr Naggrund!!" A Chaos Dwarf's battlecry.

-Chaos Dwarf Spaghetti- My Dawi Zharr blog. Comes with tomato sauce!

This post was last modified: 06-30-2017 05:14 PM by Skink.

12-07-2011 07:33 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bassman
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 640
Golden Hat - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat  - Gold x2                               
RE: Chaos Dwarf SpaghettiBassman 12-07-2011

Sweet! Nice to see you're back.

A little bit too colourful for my taste, I think they need more consistency. I would reduce gold a little bit, they do not need golden weapons..... but details are awesome as usual. The stadard bearer is magnificient.
Longing to see more.

Bassman

2017 Image Salvage

Alan the evil Wrote:
bassman spoke... and I do agree!!

Are you interested in the Last Supper by Leonardo da Vinci? Check here: http://milanoarte.net/en/tour/the-last-s...ly-for-you

Bored of slashing your slaves? Take a vacation in Milan:
http://www.milantour.net

This post was last modified: 08-07-2017 02:35 PM by Admiral.

12-07-2011 08:25 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pyro Stick
Wizard of the Glen

Slaves: 925
Word of Hashut - Contributor Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Photobucket Migration                               
RE: Chaos Dwarf SpaghettiPyro Stick 12-07-2011

I think they look great. The shields work really well with those models. Interesting looking weapons as well. Im looking forward to seeing a whole unit.

My Chaos Dwarf Collection: GHXXVI

12-07-2011 09:18 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Time of Madness
The Lord of Change

Group: Mods of Hashut
Market Rep: 18
Slaves: 260
Best General - 2011                               
RE: Chaos Dwarf SpaghettiTime of Madness 12-07-2011

Bassman Wrote:
A little bit too colourful for my taste, I think they need more consistency. I would reduce gold a little bit, they do not need golden weapons..... but details are awesome as usual. The stadard bearer is magnificient.
Longing to see more.

Bassman

I think it might be the weapon blades that is throwing them off a bit for me. I'm not a fan of the orange blades, however the unit looks great so far! I absolutely love the banner.
Time of Madness

The lions sing and the hills take flight.
The moon by day, and the sun by night.
Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.
Let the Lord of Chaos rule.
- Robert Jordan
12-07-2011 09:34 AM
Baggronor
The Forgemaster

Market Rep: 9
Slaves: 616
Army Showcase Best Contributor - 2009 Word of Hashut - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2010 Best Contributor - 2012 Best General - 2013 Major Prize Sponsor Hellsmith - Gold                               
RE: Chaos Dwarf SpaghettiBaggronor 12-07-2011

Dude you rock Happy That banner is ace, really nicely done.

http://www.titanwargames.com
12-07-2011 09:39 AM
Blue in VT
Daemon Prince of Hashut

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 24
Slaves: 360
Golden Hat - Bronze                               
RE: Chaos Dwarf SpaghettiBlue in VT 12-07-2011

Very nice Skink...i always love your work!

Blue

A huge thanks to Pyro for my Avatar!!
My painting/collecting blog: http://bluesmarauders.blogspot.com/

12-07-2011 10:51 AM
ryanamandaanna
Great Taurus

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 4
Slaves: 232
Golden Hat - Gold Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Veteran Medal - Silver                               
RE: Chaos Dwarf Spaghettiryanamandaanna 12-07-2011

That paint scheme is very cool and unique!  I definitely love that banner!  Big Grin

12-07-2011 11:05 AM
tjub
Hat or Die!

Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1260
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver x2 Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration                               
RE: Chaos Dwarf Spaghettitjub 12-07-2011

Looks great, banner is ace, but Im not sure about the gals head. Is it a wip och should it be orange?

Chaos Dwarf Army Blog
Other creations

GDD Wrote:
"And then children, Tjub spent 78 pages perfecting his fireborn. For such is the struggle of a CD player with a thematic army."

12-07-2011 11:10 AM
Thommy H
Zhatan the Black

Market Rep: 3
Slaves: 444
Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Best Contributor - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Chaos Dwarf SpaghettiThommy H 12-07-2011

Yeah, everything except Grulka's face is awesome. I actually really like the glowing weapons - I assume they're supposed to represent magical/cursed weapons?

Serial Writist - lots and lots of short fiction, written by me, regularly updated.

My models:
The Legion of Astragoth | The Dark Crusade of Mousillon | The Destroyer Cult | Les Défenseurs du Béniterre | Storm Over Béniterre | Force Belial

My rules:
Chaos Dwarfs Warscroll Compendium

12-07-2011 02:39 PM
Skink
Slann Mage Priest

Golden Hat - Silver Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: Chaos Dwarf SpaghettiSkink 12-07-2011

Woah! So many comments in onlt a few hours!

Ok, so...

First of all let me explain my reasoning behind this color scheme:

GOLD: CDs are a wealthy people Tongue Wink. A few golden plates here and there are denote their status... I don't think I overdid the gold, as it is limited to the mask, boots and a thin line on the shoulder pads.

ORANGE BEARDS AND WEAPONS: my army will be painted mostly in four colors: Gold (yellow), Iron (gray), Dark red, and Orange. All my models will have gray/black beard, but these guys already have a gray armor. I needed a way to make facial hairs stand out. Also, blades are supposed to be enchanted, as I imagine Immortals to wield magic weapons.

GRAY ARMOR: again, army color. Also, in the black library book "Grudgebearer" Immortals are described to wear stone/granite armor. I tried to satisfy all the existing fluff on these warriors.

Bassman: I know what you mean. I tried so many times to reproduce the "dark gothic look" that makes armies like yours or Ishkur's beautiful... But nope, I can't do that. Apparently, after painting Lizzies for years I developed a sort of neat and extremely bright painting style! Seriously, I just CAN'T paint in a different way! Besides, I love bright flashy colors. What do you mean by "lack of consistency"???

Thommy: Yup, cursed weapons. Inspired by your bookHappy.

Tjub: Face isn't painted yet. Hair is ok IMO...

This post was last modified: 01-11-2016 05:00 PM by Skink.

12-07-2011 03:14 PM
vulcanologist
The Mongrel General

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 259
Veteran Medal - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold                               
RE: Chaos Dwarf Spaghettivulcanologist 12-07-2011

Nothing but praise from me... I love them!

Check out lots of my other stuff on my blog: MY WEBSITE: http://vulcanologists.blogspot.co.uk/

MY CHAOS DWARF ARMY BLOG: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...p?tid=7773

MY BLOG OF EVERYTHING ELSE: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=10173

MY BLOOD BOWL BLOG: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=10338

MY WEBSITE: http://vulcanologists.blogspot.co.uk/

Remember to build your new house ziggurat shaped!
12-07-2011 03:20 PM
tjub
Hat or Die!

Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver x2 Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Best Hobbyist - 2009 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Hobbyist - 2010 Veteran Medal - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Best Hobbyist - 2011 Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Best Hobbyist - 2012 Dark Apostle - Bronze Photobucket Migration                               
RE: Chaos Dwarf Spaghettitjub 12-07-2011

Ah, okey... I was talking about the face. Happy

Chaos Dwarf Army Blog
Other creations

GDD Wrote:
"And then children, Tjub spent 78 pages perfecting his fireborn. For such is the struggle of a CD player with a thematic army."

12-07-2011 04:21 PM
Bassman
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Golden Hat - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat  - Gold x2                               
RE: Chaos Dwarf SpaghettiBassman 12-07-2011

Well if I am criticizing is because I actually like  them and I see the potential to be one of the best armies in this website.
Well, of course I do prefer dark colours for Chaos Dwarfs, but this is just a matter of taste, I do appreciate people that choose a different path.

About consistency, I think rank 'n file troopers work with a limited palette of colors. two/three colors. So a main color (black armor), a very limited decorative color of the main color (like gold for details of the armor, you have too much in my opinion) and clothes (red). Smaller details can have their own colors but they do not detract the attention from the main color scheme.
That's enough, your ensorcelled weapons are too much. Maybe it's just the picture, they look orange, keep them golden like the armor (I would paint them like the darkest part of armor, like obsidian blades...).

Said this I'm longing to see the entire unit. I am sure it will look awesome!

Alan the evil Wrote:

Are you interested in the Last Supper by Leonardo da Vinci? Check here: http://milanoarte.net/en/tour/the-last-s...ly-for-you

12-07-2011 05:45 PM
Thorne
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Slaves: 300
Word of Hashut - Contributor                               
RE: Chaos Dwarf SpaghettiThorne 12-07-2011

And here I was hoping to see some Chaos Dwarf Spaghetti !!! You !!! I'll track you till the end of the durum wheat field !!!!!! Great work but yeah orange blades don't float my boat but the painting is wonderfully crisp kudos bud.

1, Come see things the space dwarf way.

2, My bases and scenic store

3, My spectre scenic products blog.
12-07-2011 07:30 PM
cornixt
Brewer of Daemonic Beer

Group: Hashut's Admin
Slaves: 1302
Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Attitude - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Chaos Dwarf Spaghetticornixt 12-07-2011

My colour choices are pretty similar. You can get away with more variety if you use black, and two metallics, in addition to two other colours plus an accent colour.

There's a lot more in the wiki than you think, check out the wiki contents

Like a Great Taurus in a Cathay shop.

"No Mr Bond, I expect you to k'daii."
12-07-2011 07:49 PM
Skink
Slann Mage Priest

RE: Chaos Dwarf SpaghettiSkink 12-12-2011

Bassman: Don't get me wrong mate! I know you're just trying to help me, and I generally like your criticism, it is extremely constructiveCheers!. I know what you mean about the color scheme I chose for my army, it's too confusing. Perhaps 4 colors are too many. But you see, I have other 15 dwarfs (maybe more) already painted and I really DON'T want to repaint them all!

Without further ado, here's the completed Immortals unit, 24 men (dwarfs) strong:

Uh... I admit I'm not the best photographer on Earth. What do you guys think? Are these pics too bright, the angles are good, etc. etc. etc.???

This post was last modified: 06-30-2017 05:15 PM by Skink.

12-12-2011 10:37 AM
Bassman
Greater Daemon of Hashut

RE: Chaos Dwarf SpaghettiBassman 12-12-2011

Ok, delete previous comments: all together they are awesome!!!
The chick is really hot!
ABout pics: why not a front shot from "enemy" perspective?

And..... why 6x4? Pretty weirdo deployment Wink

P.S. another complaining: When I will be albe to see them in the flesh?

Alan the evil Wrote:

This post was last modified: 12-12-2011 11:12 AM by Bassman.

12-12-2011 11:10 AM
tjub
Hat or Die!

RE: Chaos Dwarf Spaghettitjub 12-12-2011

Yay, looks great! Happy

Chaos Dwarf Army Blog
Other creations

GDD Wrote:

12-12-2011 05:03 PM
Thommy H
Zhatan the Black

Market Rep: 3
Slaves: 444
Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Best Contributor - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Chaos Dwarf SpaghettiThommy H 12-12-2011

Superb unit.

Serial Writist - lots and lots of short fiction, written by me, regularly updated.

My models:
The Legion of Astragoth | The Dark Crusade of Mousillon | The Destroyer Cult | Les Défenseurs du Béniterre | Storm Over Béniterre | Force Belial

My rules:
Chaos Dwarfs Warscroll Compendium

12-12-2011 06:52 PM
vulcanologist
The Mongrel General

Slaves: 259
Veteran Medal - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold                               
RE: Chaos Dwarf Spaghettivulcanologist 12-13-2011

They look great!

Check out lots of my other stuff on my blog: MY WEBSITE: http://vulcanologists.blogspot.co.uk/

MY CHAOS DWARF ARMY BLOG: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...p?tid=7773

MY BLOG OF EVERYTHING ELSE: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=10173

MY BLOOD BOWL BLOG: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=10338

MY WEBSITE: http://vulcanologists.blogspot.co.uk/

Remember to build your new house ziggurat shaped!
12-13-2011 12:39 AM
Pages (20): « First [1] 2 3 4 5 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites