1 Votes - 5 Average   JMR's renewed Chaos Dwarf blog - 26 Jun - Altar of Hashut
Author MessageJMR's renewed Chaos Dwarf blog - 26 Jun - Altar of Hashut
JMR
Bull Centaur Lord

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 510
Golden Hat - Silver                               
RE: JMR's renewed Chaos Dwarf blog - 21 July - Doom Harness finished + Infernal EngineJMR 07-22-2012

Lizardmen turn 3

Things got serious now.

The Saurus on the left flank charged my Hobgoblins while the Temple Guard met my Immortals. The second Saurus unit failed it's charge or simply moved up slightly (I forgot). Salamanders and Charmeleons tried to find a good position to fire from.

I knew the Magic Phase was going to be crucial. My troops were buffed with Hatred. If my opponent would manage to buff up his own troops, I would probably be in for a lot of hurt. I let Speed of Light go through, saving all my dice to dispell Timewarp, but the Slann didn't reach the required casting cost! My Dispell dice went un-used, but I was glad not to fight Timewarped Saurus and Temple Guard!

The Saurus killed plenty of Hobgoblins, but the greenskins in turn managed to score 7 Poisoned hits, killing several Saurus. The Hobs still lost combat (as expected) and only had to pass a Leadership 10 Steadfast roll. No problem, right? Wrong. They turned tail and fled. The Saurus elected to restrain and reformed to face my Immortals.

The Temple Guard and Immortals exchanged blows. The Dawi Zharr proved to be more durable and won the combat. The Temple Guard unit stubbornly stood their ground, but was only at about half strength now.

Shooting got a few Dwarves killed and put 1 more wound on my Infernal Engine. The Renegeration save from Fugue of Hashut saved my Engine's hide here.

Chaos Dwarf turn 3

Things were looking good for the evil dwarves on the right flank, but the Hobgoblins had failed their masters on the left flank.

The Hobgoblins regained their posture and rallied. Thanks to only having fled 5" the previous turn, they still blocked the opposing Saurus unit from making a flank charge on the Immortals. My Doom Harness turned and ran over the Saurus.

The right flank saw my Warriors, Infernal Engine and Bull Centaur Elder charge in on the other Saurus unit.

In the Magic Phase, I failed to reach the casting cost of an army-wide Fugue of Hashut (thanks to the Slann removing power dice that rolled a 6). With his concentration broken and my Pyrophant in combat, I had nothing left to cast.

The Immortals made short work of the remaining Temple Guard, leaving just the Saurus Hero and Slann alive. They fled and got overrun. The game was pretty much decided here. In the other combat I used my Engine's breath weapon, rolling a double 6 for the number of hits. I felt bad rolling so good after just knocking out my opponents most important unit, but the 12 breath attack hits managed to inflict exactly 0 casualties! All saving throws were met! It was too late for my opponent though. The Saurus unit got beaten in combat, broke and got overrun.
We called it quits here.

Victory for the Dawi Zharr!

Post combat thoughts
The dice gods were on my side. My opponent didn't manage to make it count in the magic phase. One Timewarp could've decided the combats in his favour, leading to a totally different battle. I also think he underestimated my Doom Harness. It was the first time he faced it, although I did let him read the rules at his leisure before the battle and told him several times how to get rid of it and to not let it go unchecked. We both agreed that he didn't really have spare means to do so though. He didn't have enough magic superiority to deal with it and his Skinks were busy with other targets. We also concluded that one or two more "chaff" units to disrupt my battle line or hunt my warmachines would've caused me plenty of trouble. Some terradons to hunt my warmachines would've freed up his charmeleons to deal with my Doom Harness, for example.

All in all it was a quick and smooth battle and we both had fun, although my opponent did curse his dice (with good reason!). It had also been several months for my opponent to play a game so he was a bit rusty. Still, fun times were had!

My blogs:
-Renewed Chaos Dwarf log- -Manticlicious Chaos Dwarves-
-Dark Elves with a hint of Slaanesh- -Other stuff-

This post was last modified: 07-22-2012 12:42 PM by JMR.

07-22-2012 11:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JMR
Bull Centaur Lord

Golden Hat - Silver                               
RE: JMR's renewed Chaos Dwarf blog - 22 July - 2400p Battle Report vs. LizardmenJMR 07-23-2012

I've pulled my models out of the cabinet for some photo's to show the current state of my army.

Army shot

Immortals with Sorcerer Lord

I still have to think about the palanquin and what model I want to use for the lord itself. This is my old Mantic-based sorcerer. He's a bit of a goofy model, but in a way I kinda like referring to my old army. He'll do for now.

Hobgoblins

Warriors with Great Weapons

My blogs:

This post was last modified: 10-12-2017 09:29 AM by JMR.

07-23-2012 02:41 PM
Borador Away
Collector of Renegades

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 5
Slaves: 1

RE: JMR's renewed Chaos Dwarf blog - 23 July - Army ShotBorador 07-23-2012

The army is looking good so far!
Your units are progressing nicely. The colourscheme really does the minis justice IMO.

Nice battle report by the way, it was fun to read!

This post was last modified: 07-23-2012 03:16 PM by Borador.

07-23-2012 03:15 PM
vulcanologist
The Mongrel General

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 260
Veteran Medal - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold                               
RE: JMR's renewed Chaos Dwarf blog - 23 July - Army Shotvulcanologist 07-23-2012

Fantastic!! Really looking good! If my immortals look half as good as yours I'll be a happy man! Your hobbos are my personal favourite though... Great unit!

Check out lots of my other stuff on my blog: MY WEBSITE: http://vulcanologists.blogspot.co.uk/

MY CHAOS DWARF ARMY BLOG: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...p?tid=7773

MY BLOG OF EVERYTHING ELSE: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=10173

MY BLOOD BOWL BLOG: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=10338

MY WEBSITE: http://vulcanologists.blogspot.co.uk/

Remember to build your new house ziggurat shaped!
07-23-2012 03:34 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thommy H
Zhatan the Black

Market Rep: 3
Slaves: 533
Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Best Contributor - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: JMR's renewed Chaos Dwarf blog - 23 July - Army ShotThommy H 07-23-2012

Good stuff - sounds like you got really lucky with the Doom Harness especially!

Serial Writist - lots and lots of short fiction, written by me, regularly updated.

My models:
The Legion of Astragoth | The Dark Crusade of Mousillon | The Destroyer Cult | Les Défenseurs du Béniterre | Storm Over Béniterre | Force Belial

My rules:
Chaos Dwarfs Warscroll Compendium

07-23-2012 03:34 PM
Threadbare
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Market Rep: 2
Slaves: 269
Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: JMR's renewed Chaos Dwarf blog - 23 July - Army ShotThreadbare 07-23-2012

Nice battle report. How did you draw those up?

The army seems to be coming along nicely. The lord on the palanquin, if he is stone you could just keep using that model and say that styles change even in chaos dwarf culture and that when he wasn't stone this is what was in Tongue Wink

Always loved your hobgobs. Keep it up.

07-23-2012 09:15 PM
JMR
Bull Centaur Lord

Golden Hat - Silver                               
RE: JMR's renewed Chaos Dwarf blog - 23 July - Army ShotJMR 07-24-2012

Thanks for the replies guys.

@Thommy: I wasn't especially lucky with the Harness, although I wasn't unlucky with it either. I could've easily rolled a shorter movement distance, taking another turn before I could run over stuff. In the 3 turns it moved, I think I rolled 5", 9", 7". That would be exactly average Happy
I was "lucky" in the way that it got complete free reign, though.

@Threadbare: I used Battle Chronicler (http://www.battlechronicler.com/). It takes a bit of time to set up, but it does produce excellent pictures.
He isn't turned to stone (yet), but yeah, I do like the idea of him wearing a traditional outfit. I was considering using the old Big Hat Sorcerer model. My Bull Centaur Elder is also represented by a Big Hat classic. I can imagine these two characters being ancient enough to still cling to old ways of outfitting themselves.
Anything for an excuse to use a few Big Hats Wink

My blogs:
07-24-2012 05:15 AM
JMR
Bull Centaur Lord

Golden Hat - Silver                               
RE: JMR's renewed Chaos Dwarf blog - 23 July - Army ShotJMR 09-03-2012

I've made some progress on my Great Weapon wielding warriors. These are still WIP, most notably they need their weapons done and a few washes.

The rest of the unit is at the same stage of painting, but I haven't glued them to their bases yet, because they'd be hard to paint on multi-bases. Here you can see how I have divided their bases in a badly focussed photo Happy

The bases are going to get tufts of grass and fallen leaves and I have plans to add a dead tree to the big (and currently empty) base in the rear ranks. Finally, something unseen but nonetheless pretty handy - most of my chaos dwarfs bases and their movement trays are magnetised now making for (hopefully) easy transportation.

In closing, I still find it hard to photograph these models correctly. On my screen the scale-mail looks pretty much purely golden, but they have a very clear hint of silver in reality. The same goes for the beards, they tend up looking a vibrant blue in pictures.

Oh well... Opinions?

My blogs:

This post was last modified: 10-12-2017 09:27 AM by JMR.

09-03-2012 08:46 AM
ryanamandaanna
Great Taurus

Market Rep: 4
Slaves: 249
Golden Hat - Gold Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Veteran Medal - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze                               
RE: JMR's renewed Chaos Dwarf blog - 3 Sept - 2H Warriorsryanamandaanna 09-03-2012

Very nice!  I like the diorama bases!  Cheers!

09-03-2012 09:34 AM
Chico
Bull Centaur

Slaves: 128
Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS                               
RE: JMR's renewed Chaos Dwarf blog - 3 Sept - 2H WarriorsChico 09-03-2012

Very tasty work indeed, im impressed Happy

My Blog (Click it)

On Sale(Click Banner):

09-03-2012 10:52 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CopperPot
Bull Centaur

Slaves: 22

RE: JMR's renewed Chaos Dwarf blog - 3 Sept - 2H WarriorsCopperPot 09-03-2012

Love your work dude great base.

If you havn't noticed yet I have a base fetish.
09-03-2012 01:34 PM
JMR
Bull Centaur Lord

Golden Hat - Silver                               
RE: JMR's renewed Chaos Dwarf blog - 7 Sept - PyromancerJMR 09-07-2012

Picked this Pyromancer out of my lead pile yesterday. I suddenly had the urge to paint it, and almost completed it in one go. What a fun model to paint!

The OSL was fun to do, unfortunately my pictures seem to show up being too brightly red. Most notably the arm looks like it's just as red as the flame itself, but it isn't in reality. I don't understand photography Unsure

The model is finished, but the base needs a little more work.

My blogs:

This post was last modified: 10-12-2017 09:25 AM by JMR.

09-07-2012 02:24 PM
rubencm81
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

Slaves: 5

RE: JMR's renewed Chaos Dwarf blog - 7 Sept - Pyromancerrubencm81 09-07-2012

Nice!! Good job man!!

09-07-2012 02:47 PM
ryanamandaanna
Great Taurus

Market Rep: 4
Slaves: 249
Golden Hat - Gold Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Veteran Medal - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze                               
RE: JMR's renewed Chaos Dwarf blog - 7 Sept - Pyromancerryanamandaanna 09-07-2012

love it.

09-07-2012 03:22 PM
DAGabriel
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 515
Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Golden Hat - Gold Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: JMR's renewed Chaos Dwarf blog - 7 Sept - PyromancerDAGabriel 09-07-2012

Lovely, great work on that Pyromancer. Personally I think the OSL is a little strong on the arm but that is very minor.

2015        Bought/Traded: 104        Painted: 107

My army blog: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...589&page=1

This post was last modified: 09-07-2012 04:08 PM by DAGabriel.

09-07-2012 04:08 PM
vulcanologist
The Mongrel General

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 260
Veteran Medal - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold                               
RE: JMR's renewed Chaos Dwarf blog - 7 Sept - Pyromancervulcanologist 09-07-2012

Lovely lovely model!

Check out lots of my other stuff on my blog: MY WEBSITE: http://vulcanologists.blogspot.co.uk/

MY CHAOS DWARF ARMY BLOG: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...p?tid=7773

MY BLOG OF EVERYTHING ELSE: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=10173

MY BLOOD BOWL BLOG: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=10338

MY WEBSITE: http://vulcanologists.blogspot.co.uk/

Remember to build your new house ziggurat shaped!
09-07-2012 04:20 PM
Chico
Bull Centaur

Slaves: 128
Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS                               
RE: JMR's renewed Chaos Dwarf blog - 7 Sept - PyromancerChico 09-07-2012

Very nice, more please Happy

My Blog (Click it)

On Sale(Click Banner):

09-07-2012 04:43 PM
Thorin
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

Slaves: 8

RE: JMR's renewed Chaos Dwarf blog - 7 Sept - PyromancerThorin 09-07-2012

Love it, great job!

Thorin's force of Hashut:
http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=11785
Deathwind of Nagarythe P.Blog:
http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=69179
09-07-2012 05:11 PM
JMR
Bull Centaur Lord

Golden Hat - Silver                               
RE: JMR's renewed Chaos Dwarf blog - 7 Sept - PyromancerJMR 09-07-2012

Wow, thanks for all the replies guys!

@DAGabriel: I fully agree with you. It's the damn picture though, it's not that bright red in real life. I don't understand why my camera picks out the red so strongly.

My blogs:
09-07-2012 05:41 PM
Mad Dave
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Slaves: 19

RE: JMR's renewed Chaos Dwarf blog - 7 Sept - PyrophantMad Dave 09-07-2012

I love the paint job!! How did you paint the flames when i do it they never turns out very well. I know silly question but im interested to know none the less.

This post was last modified: 09-07-2012 09:28 PM by Mad Dave.

09-07-2012 07:48 PM
Pages (13): « First < Previous 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Return to Chaos - yet another chaos dwarf blog thymbrin-snakebeard 6 380 07-04-2019 02:34 PM
Last Post: Jackswift
  [HUGE update! 11-26-2013] The Legion of Hashut - Army Blog BoomBoom 68 40,351 05-04-2018 03:35 AM
Last Post: Abecedar
  Bloodbeards Chaos Dwarf Blog Bloodbeard 556 339,015 10-09-2017 03:19 PM
Last Post: Pappa Midnight
  To the honour of Hashut - Army Blog 07.16.15 Question to all readers DAGabriel 597 376,664 04-16-2016 04:08 PM
Last Post: Willmark
  Chaos Dwarf Army BIG blog/site - lots to see! ruinouspowers 0 1,981 10-21-2014 12:30 PM
Last Post: ruinouspowers

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites