Pages (5): « First < Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] Last »
1 Votes - 5 Average   The Legion of Astragoth
Author MessageThe Legion of Astragoth
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 284
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold                               
RE: The Legion of AstragothAdmiral 04-28-2014

Neither did I notice it about the base before you mentioned it. It looks entirely fine, especially when viewed from a distance. The Hellcannon looks great now, though I think the barrel's light is too yellow. If I were you I'd tone down the peripheral light on the cannon mouth with more orange and red to let the yellow furnace flame inside come into its own.

Very nice army! The dark, fiery look of it all is very close to how I imagine Chaos Dwarf hosts. You've been speedy with it as of late.

As for the writing: High Skull Priest. Only in Warhammer. Big Grin

Nice development of the story. I like how Chaos and its devotees came forth as brutal and ruthless creatures for whom degradation and humiliation of enemies is second nature. I guess the explicit uppity-hand threats at the end suits Warhammer, though not as tasteful as the rest of your writing. But it's a working way to show a tenuous alliance and set up the Khorne army in an arrogant position prior to being defeated - if that's what's going to happen.

Later on when I've got a regular job again I'd gladly support a Kickstarter for Titan Wargames writings. Here's to hope Baggronor regains his enthusiasm. I want Blunderbusses from him if nothing else!

Got anything more in the pipeline for the Legion? Happy

News on CDO: Golden Hat XXXI - Deadline 16th of November ...  Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.
04-28-2014 05:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thommy H
Zhatan the Black

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 3
Slaves: 521
Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Best Contributor - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: The Legion of AstragothThommy H 04-30-2014

Thanks for the nice comments, guys!

Skink: the crewman (crewdwarf?) with the flaming skull in the pincers actually has a bit of OSL on his mask and beard, but the lightning on the photo isn't that great as I had to snap it quickly before the camera's battery ran out! I have a basic rule with OSL though, which is that I only do some from things that are part of the same model. The reason for this is simple: I have glowing bases on every single miniature. If I get into what should be reflected from other models, the whole thing will never end, so I have to rein it in a bit for my own (already fragile) sanity!

Admiral: the yellow looks better IRL. The photo washed out some of the contrasts, so it has a bit more of a glow on the actual model. The concept was that they load their gruesome fuel into the furnace at the back and it gets pumped through all the workings then shunted forward in one huge blast that is far more energetic and thus brighter.

And I'm not sure what you mean by some of this story being "less tasteful", but I'm glad you're still following along and enjoying it.

Serial Writist - lots and lots of short fiction, written by me, regularly updated.

My models:
The Legion of Astragoth | The Dark Crusade of Mousillon | The Destroyer Cult | Les Défenseurs du Béniterre | Storm Over Béniterre | Force Belial

My rules:
Chaos Dwarfs Warscroll Compendium

04-30-2014 02:41 PM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 284
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold                               
RE: The Legion of AstragothAdmiral 04-30-2014

Sorry, only nitpicking needlessly. I've only always found it odd when bad bosses in cooperation threaten one another in an uppity-hand manner, but I realize this is all about personal taste rather than more objective writing skills, so I withdraw my unfair statement. Happy

I realized this log didn't have the stars it deserve. Well that's all sorted out now.

News on CDO: Golden Hat XXXI - Deadline 16th of November ...  Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.

This post was last modified: 04-30-2014 05:32 PM by Admiral.

04-30-2014 05:18 PM
Thommy H
Zhatan the Black

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 3
Slaves: 521
Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Best Contributor - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: The Legion of AstragothThommy H 04-30-2014

Haha, I quite like them bickering. Silly boys who both think they're in control of the situation, neither quite knowing how much they've bitten off. Setting up a cataclysmic battle between your biggest rival and a band of murderous cultists on the doorstep of your valuable and lightly-defended outpost is a pretty colossal gamble, but that's Chaos Dwarfs for you!

Thanks for the stars!

Serial Writist - lots and lots of short fiction, written by me, regularly updated.

My models:
The Legion of Astragoth | The Dark Crusade of Mousillon | The Destroyer Cult | Les Défenseurs du Béniterre | Storm Over Béniterre | Force Belial

My rules:
Chaos Dwarfs Warscroll Compendium

04-30-2014 05:42 PM
Pages (5): « First < Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Legion of Astragoth Kronosv13 15 7,951 01-11-2013 04:30 PM
Last Post: Animatone

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend