Pages (3): « First < Previous 1 2 [3] Last »
Issues with the current Chaos Dwarf List
Author MessageIssues with the current Chaos Dwarf List
Revlid
Bull Centaur

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 191
Artisan's Contest - Gold Golden Hat - Gold Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Issues with the current Chaos Dwarf ListRevlid 06-01-2007

Uzkul Werit Wrote:
Hobgoblin Fast Cav should always remain Fast Cav, even with armour. Goblin ones do and they're far less skilled on wolfback than our boyz.

Goblins lose Fast Cav if they take Shields.

However, I agree. Hobgoblins are more skilled as riders (employing skills beyond "cling on as long as possible") and as nomads their (far bigger and tougher) wolves can undoubtedly carry larger loads.

Madness? THIS IS... Well, maybe it isn't Sparta, but it's still pretty awesome.
Would you kindly comment on my Warhammer Armies: Chaos Dwarfs?
06-01-2007 09:25 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
grimsnikk
Unregistered

RE: Issues with the current Chaos Dwarf Listgrimsnikk 07-15-2007

I think a more elegant solution to the blunderbuss would be just the ability to fire in multiple ranks.  If they were lets say s3 armour piercing, with no rank bonus to strength and normal shooting rules.  perhaps being able to ignore the -1 after you move but thats it.  I don't know, most of the auto hitting stuff like the organ gun and volley gun have been toned WAY down in 7th ed.

Sneaky gits make sense as skirmishers, but also as raiders and scouts.  I personally like the idea of them being skirmishers but the enemy can't reform if theyre beaten in combat.

BTW: Centagors are the least used beastmen unit for a reason.  If BC counted like them theyd have 1 s5 chop 1 s4 trample with weapons or only 2 s4 with 2 ccws.  I like the idea of them being infantry but moving faster.  Although, if that *were* the case, they should probably cost significantly more as they have a number of advantages then.  Also, don't forget people, the reason most heavy calv get -1 move is because they have barding.  If BC's got full plate equivilent I would agree.  In fact, i'll just say they should.  As then they have t4 with a 3+ save vs shooting, which puts them quite a bit closer to what other armies have.  Although it might make more sense to justify it as a "6+ scaly skin save" or whatever the orcs boar bonus is called, rather than the fact that they have better armour.

07-15-2007 01:57 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Xander
Chaos Dwarf Ambassador

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 7
Slaves: 499
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2007 Golden Hat - Silver Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Word of Hashut - Contributor Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Issues with the current Chaos Dwarf ListXander 07-15-2007

BBs don't autohit exactly... they hit on 4+ things under the fire zone.  Like I have told many people there are many ways to kill BBs.  Any single model, multiple wound target will pwn BBs. Chariots, Giants, Ogres, etc. Max one hit, max one wound.

Follow CDO on Twitter: Twitter
07-15-2007 03:26 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BLOOD AXE
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Market Rep: 5
Slaves: 24

RE: Issues with the current Chaos Dwarf ListBLOOD AXE 11-20-2007

This thread is a little old, but still worthy of comments & fresh ideas.
One thing I noticed is the comment that the Earth-Shaker or Hellcannon should be a 0-1 Rare. I don't agree. Look at the new Empire book, Steam Tanks are NOT a 0-1 Rare. Many Earth-Shakers/Hellcannons are produced in Chaos Dwarf factories. There are suppose to be only a few Steam Tanks in the entire Wharhammer world!

Hobgoblins & Black Orcs should be have the same/similar rules as in the new Orc & Goblin book. Chaos Dwarves should have similar profiles/stats to their "good" counter-parts.

Big hats!
11-20-2007 10:54 PM
Braininthejar
Hobgoblin

Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 4

RE: Issues with the current Chaos Dwarf ListBraininthejar 10-04-2010

Hmm... a lot of these ideas will have to be changed to match the new edition.

As for the blunderbusses I was thinking too. My current idea is : S4, quick to fire ( a blunderbuss is faster to reload than a gun, since the payload isn't even supposed to fit the muzzle neatly ) always hit on 4+ but no armor piercing (as the shot lacks the focus of a normal gun)
shoot in two ranks.

Procedure:  count the hits, allocate them to models in the fire zone, starting from the closest, with any excesive hits allocated to whatever was designated as the primary target.- This way the chaos dwarfs cause damage to anything standing in front of the unit but its no longer feasable to charge them with a single model without support.

Also, to match the fluff, I was thinking of giving them "fire and charge movement+D6" option if the enemy somehow ends up right in front of them.

What do you think?

10-04-2010 10:27 AM
Pages (3): « First < Previous 1 2 [3] Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  first draught of chaos dwarf army list minty 0 2,113 06-17-2007 11:51 AM
Last Post: minty
  Experimental Chaos Dwarf Army List wallacer 0 2,546 05-28-2007 06:59 PM
Last Post: wallacer

View a Printable Version