Post Reply  Post Thread 
Big Hat Chaos Dwarf army Pictures (not mine)
Author MessageBig Hat Chaos Dwarf army Pictures (not mine)
Bolg
Greater Bunny of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 12
Slaves: 644
Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
Big Hat Chaos Dwarf army Pictures (not mine)Bolg 05-14-2012

I was at the Battle of the Clubs (Tilburg, Netherlands) last weekend, Tamurkahn was allowed, I learned this to late and was already building a goblin list.

Luckily there was someone else that did bring our beloved evil stunties and he was nominated for best army....

So I took some pictures.
Sorry not all came out as good as I hoped but still here they are:

Its 2400 points. I spoke to the owner, forgot his name and dont think he is a active member here...

Check out my webcomic here...
05-14-2012 01:16 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Karring
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 24

RE: Big Hat Chaos Dwarf army Pictures (not mine)Karring 05-14-2012

Classic CD, hum. Very nice, but... why are they into chess bases?

Thank you for the photos, Bolg

"We will remake the world into our domain, a land of cinder-ash and the blackened bones of our enemies, until only we remain and those broken bodies that cower at our feet."

This post was last modified: 05-14-2012 02:03 PM by Karring.

05-14-2012 02:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vulcanologist
The Mongrel General

Slaves: 260
Veteran Medal - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold                               
RE: Big Hat Chaos Dwarf army Pictures (not mine)vulcanologist 05-14-2012

Very nicely painted army but wow those bases are psychedelic!

Check out lots of my other stuff on my blog: MY WEBSITE: http://vulcanologists.blogspot.co.uk/

MY CHAOS DWARF ARMY BLOG: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...p?tid=7773

MY BLOG OF EVERYTHING ELSE: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=10173

MY BLOOD BOWL BLOG: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=10338

MY WEBSITE: http://vulcanologists.blogspot.co.uk/

Remember to build your new house ziggurat shaped!
05-14-2012 02:21 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 10
Slaves: 661
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016 Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Contributor - 2017 Best Attitude - 2017                               
RE: Big Hat Chaos Dwarf army Pictures (not mine)Admiral 05-14-2012

A fine army. Those chess bases suit the colourful big hat models. A pity only the plastic warriors are far from the metal miniatures' standard. The simple ogre slave conversion is a nice touch. How were the bases made? I understand why the army caught people's eyes and made them remember it. The only painting critique I have is for the flat-looking green barrels of the Earthshaker and Rocket Launcher. They seem plain compared to everything else in the army.

News on CDO: Artisan's Contest XXIX - Deadline 18th of January  ...  Etsy shop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings:
Fables. Songs. Proverbs. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules. Ninth Age concepts.
05-14-2012 02:41 PM
Chico22
Slave

Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 3

RE: Big Hat Chaos Dwarf army Pictures (not mine)Chico22 05-22-2012

Well, after seeing my own army posted by someone else, I thought: let's register and comment.

I got this army only 4 month's before the dutch grand tournament and actually isn't finished yet, all models still need some washes on their armour and some more highlights. I still need to make some banners etc. (and yes the earthshaker and deathshrieker also need more paint)

The bases.... why? they look cool and flashy, i like that. they were made by cutting out little squares of carton and glueing them on the bases.

The armylist: I tried to put in as much cool stuff I had. The first choice I made was the lammasu, that model is way too cool not to field and it was actually not that bad on the battlefield. Second was the castellan with a BSB.  I don't have that much hobgoblins so they were out. I put in 2 big blocks of infernal guard. one with great weapons and one with hailshot blunderbusses. Next were the bull centaurs with great weapons and shields. <--- these killed everything in their path. and finally the 2 warmachines.

And that's it. My awesome CD-army. posted by bolg.

Bow before my hat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
05-22-2012 06:43 PM
Bolg
Greater Bunny of Hashut

Market Rep: 12
Slaves: 644
Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Big Hat Chaos Dwarf army Pictures (not mine)Bolg 05-23-2012

Welcome to the forum! I just loved to see those CD on the BotC so I had to share these photo's

(oh and next year we want to go as a all chaos dwarf team, so you won't be alone anymore)

Check out my webcomic here...
05-23-2012 05:23 AM
Alric
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Slaves: 11

RE: Big Hat Chaos Dwarf army Pictures (not mine)Alric 05-31-2012

Nice army , the bases are flashy

Ravening Hordes pdf - Warhammer Chaos Dwarfs // CDO where bulls are cows ... and nonsense thrives
05-31-2012 03:24 AM
Pazuzu
Slave

Slaves: 1

RE: Big Hat Chaos Dwarf army Pictures (not mine)Pazuzu 02-23-2017

I love this army , a little bit funny theme for grim warriors !

02-23-2017 11:46 AM
Carcearion
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Slaves: 210
Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Hellsmith - Gold Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Photobucket Migration Scribe's Contest Silver                               
RE: Big Hat Chaos Dwarf army Pictures (not mine)Carcearion 02-23-2017

Awesome army, good show all around

"It matters not that you failed to burn the world. What matters is that you lit a fire."
- Neherazsh the Flaming Bull

My Chaos Dwarf Name Generator
Army Blog: Carcearion's Warhost of Karagazkar
Short Story: To Carve One's Fate
My Shapeways Shop: Carcearion's Bit Forge - Evil Dwarf Bits For Sale!
02-23-2017 11:52 AM
Zaramuskharaz
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

Slaves: 25

RE: Big Hat Chaos Dwarf army Pictures (not mine)Zaramuskharaz 02-23-2017

Oh my! These look great, in all honesty!

A nice take on the 'red-army' look. I am really digging the flashy tile bases, makes me thing either of Mom's kitchen on the unholy depths of the Temples of Hashut.

Those tiles must be rather easy to wash the blood away from.

Smash the steel until it fits!
Doesn't work? Smash to the bits!
02-23-2017 12:14 PM
Jackswift
Bull Centaur Lord

Market Rep: 2
Slaves: 620
Scribe's Contest Gold Artisan's Contest - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Golden Hat - Silver Scribe's Contest Veteran Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Silver                               
RE: Big Hat Chaos Dwarf army Pictures (not mine)Jackswift 02-23-2017

Welcome!  A beautiful showing for the army.  I love the basing technique, and the paint job is great!  Look forward to seeing what else you add to the army.  Cheers!

02-23-2017 12:33 PM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 1715
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Golden Hat - Gold Best Overall Member - 2017 Best General - 2018 Artisan's Contest Bronze x4                               
RE: Big Hat Chaos Dwarf army Pictures (not mine)Abecedar 02-23-2017

Chico hasn't been on here since 2013.

Last Time I Bled for my Hobby  =  27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
02-23-2017 08:46 PM
Carcearion
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Hellsmith - Gold Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Photobucket Migration Scribe's Contest Silver                               

Ooof we have all committed a grave act of Threadomancy gentlemen... get it a grave act Tongue

well reguardless this was a great treasure to dig up out of the archeives, I certainly had never seen it before, a little tomb robbing from time to time isnt such a bad thing

Cheers!

"It matters not that you failed to burn the world. What matters is that you lit a fire."

02-23-2017 11:25 PM
Carcearion
Greater Daemon of Hashut

You know it might actually be a good idea for a thread  Evil idea

02-23-2017 11:26 PM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 1715
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Golden Hat - Gold Best Overall Member - 2017 Best General - 2018 Artisan's Contest Bronze x4                               
RE: Big Hat Chaos Dwarf army Pictures (not mine)Abecedar 02-24-2017

What got me was the welcome bit.   I've been caught out previously. whilst browsing.
And it is a great find that has been "unearthed"

Last Time I Bled for my Hobby  =  27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
02-24-2017 07:23 AM
Grimbold Blackhammer
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Slaves: 175
Best General - 2012 Scribe's Contest Silver Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: Big Hat Chaos Dwarf army Pictures (not mine)Grimbold Blackhammer 03-09-2017

While I cannot say I appreciate the color palette, at least it's consistent and the army has a theme!  And that right there makes it ten steps better than someone's unpainted "grey" army Hashut!

Grimbold Blackhammer

http://www.the-ninth-age.com/
03-09-2017 05:59 AM
Herby Away
Ingenting undgår mig. Ingen undgår mig.

Market Rep: 9
Slaves: 343
Golden Hat - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Gold Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS                               
RE: Big Hat Chaos Dwarf army Pictures (not mine)Herby 03-09-2017

Grimbold Blackhammer Wrote:
While I cannot say I appreciate the color palette, at least it's consistent and the army has a theme!  And that right there makes it ten steps better than someone's unpainted "grey" army Hashut!

Exactly. I second that! Much better to see a colour palette on an army that you don't like than seeing a grey army. Unpainted armies were, are, and will always be a no-go!

... Più forte ragazzi!            

KnowhutImean    
03-09-2017 07:15 AM
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Chaos Dwarf gems on Cool Mini Or Not and other places on the internet! (not mine) Obsidian 162 137,415 11-28-2019 10:03 AM
Last Post: MadHatter
  Fortified Chaos Dwarf Mine (not mine) al-hashut 115 89,872 09-20-2019 07:49 AM
Last Post: Willmark
  WIP FW Chaos Dwarf Army rburdett 40 15,746 07-24-2014 05:12 AM
Last Post: TheHoodedMan
  The Besieger and his Golden Army. (BETER Pictures of the Hobgoblin Khan's) The Besieger 140 75,031 03-03-2014 03:07 PM
Last Post: BABIS
  [6-9-2009] Mosk's Chaos Dwarf Army (Chaos Dwarf Greens on page 2) Mosk 26 17,811 04-24-2013 05:44 AM
Last Post: Mosk

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites