1 Votes - 5 Average   Short, Angry, and Sometimes on Fire
Author MessageShort, Angry, and Sometimes on Fire
NoisyAssassin
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 59

Short, Angry, and Sometimes on FireNoisyAssassin 07-16-2012

Ah, the inaugural post of a new army blog. Almost as good as new car smell. But sadly not available in convenient air-freshener format. Well, three sentences in and already rambling. This will go well ^.^

Anywho, I got my first introduction to Chaos Dwarves at a tournament this weekend where they were one of the armies that I faced. They definitely seemed to have a bit more character (both in aesthetics and tactics) than normal dwarves, and I've always been a sucker for the forces of DOOOM. Then it turned out that as a prize for Best Appearance (with my Daemons) I got a box of the lovely Avatars of War dwarf berzerkers. Something clicked in my brain, and now I've decided to start a Chaos Dwarf army. Which is something of a problem as I'm only just about to bump my Goblins to 1K and I've got about 1600 points of Ogres in various stages of assembly. I have to have at least one more army up to 2K by December, as I don't want to bring my Daemons to a certain tournament twice in a row. Which means with my rather slow progress I should focus on only one army. Then I realized that I'd probably have to paint less models to finish 2K of CD than another 1K of gobs. Sooo...you may be seeing a lot out of me, or I may decide to back burner these angry little dudes in favor of the gobbos. Truly only the Dark Gods know for certain.

And with all of that out of the way, might as well post some pics. Everybody loves pics, right? For some reason I decided to stay up until 4:30am last night building a BSB. He still needs some greenstuff work, especially with gap filling, his beard, and something to go on the big blank back of his banner. But a decent start I'd say. Amazing what useful things I can find in the depths of my bits box. Sadly, those depths did not provide me with any Chaos Warrior shields, so I'll need to procure a shield for him as well.

Cheers! Takes Hat off

2017 Image Salvage

This post was last modified: 08-08-2017 06:48 AM by Admiral.

07-16-2012 12:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DAGabriel
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 514
Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Golden Hat - Gold Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Short, Angry, and Sometimes on FireDAGabriel 07-16-2012

LOL, like your advance on armies. I myself am working on Chaos Dwarves, Tomb Kings, Renegades of Vraks and Dark Angels with some GKs and Chaos Space Marines (which I traded for more CDs) and am Tempted by Necrons. To flesh it out I am working on an medieval village. AAAAnd I absolutely have no time.

2015        Bought/Traded: 104        Painted: 107

My army blog: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...589&page=1
07-16-2012 02:21 PM
fairoaks024
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Slaves: 15

RE: Short, Angry, and Sometimes on Firefairoaks024 07-16-2012

excellent start,

nothing like an intimidating BSB to worry an opponent,

regards

jim

07-16-2012 02:41 PM
CopperPot
Bull Centaur

Slaves: 22

RE: Short, Angry, and Sometimes on FireCopperPot 07-16-2012

He looks a bit naughty nice start.

If you havn't noticed yet I have a base fetish.
07-16-2012 03:15 PM
Karring
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 24

RE: Short, Angry, and Sometimes on FireKarring 07-16-2012

Holy crap! That is a nice BSB. Go on!

"We will remake the world into our domain, a land of cinder-ash and the blackened bones of our enemies, until only we remain and those broken bodies that cower at our feet."
07-16-2012 03:57 PM
Phédon
Hobgoblin

Slaves: 4

RE: Short, Angry, and Sometimes on FirePhédon 07-16-2012

Nice job, Noisyassassin ! This flag have something disturbing, I think you should paint it like a deamon which want devour people underneath Happy .

Will you use the army list taken from Tamurkhan's book ? I don't think your dwarf has a Blackshard Armour x) .

Hello.

I don't speak english very well.
07-16-2012 04:24 PM
theforgefather
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Slaves: 90

RE: Short, Angry, and Sometimes on Firetheforgefather 07-16-2012

Really nice work there! I am really looking forward to seeing this little dude painted!

Oh, and I love the blog title! Wink

Renegades+Heretics http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/pos...45610.page
Chaos Dwarfs! http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...#pid174878

07-16-2012 05:08 PM
NoisyAssassin
Chaos Dwarf Hero

RE: Short, Angry, and Sometimes on FireNoisyAssassin 07-16-2012

Thanks for all the positive replies guys!

@CopperPot: "Naughty"...I love it!

@Phedon: yes I do plan on using the Tamurkhan list. I know his armor is a little sparse, but I figure between big helmets, oversized shields and some crazy runic tattoos it should look good enough to get my army by. Also, the fact that every dwarf has the same armor makes not modeling it on them less confusing. Hopefully.

And I've managed to get something else assembled tonight. I don't want to have any hobgoblins in my force for modeling reasons (and because I'm working on a goblin army at the moment, don't want to paint any more of the darn blighters!). But I wanted to include a couple of Khans on wolves for redirecting, hunting warmachines, and general shenanigans. Problem? No! Chaos Dwarves have all sorts of weird enslaved beasties!

I randomly stuck an Ogre bellower head on one of the SW wolves awhile back as a joke, but thought it looked creepy, chaosy, and just disturbing enough to be cool. But I didn't have any use for it, so I pulled it off and that was that. Well today I was thinking about the Khans and what I could do when I saw the wolf sprue sitting next to an ogre. I think they actually manage to look like they fit in. Obviously still need some greenstuff around the necks. They even look about the right size/power for the statline. Let me know if I'm being totally crazy though.

Oh, and I don't have a copy of Tamurkhan yet (currently got a bid in on eBay before I straight up order it), so a question: I've yet to see an army list that has these with any magic items. Can they take them? I'll be a dwarf happy if they can (cheapo weapon for ethereals + fire ward FTW). Plus giving them magical powers (including resisting fire while running over lava bases) should make the conversions work even better I think.

07-16-2012 09:47 PM
Phédon
Hobgoblin

Slaves: 4

RE: Short, Angry, and Sometimes on FirePhédon 07-17-2012

Great conversions ! What is thier names ? Big Grin

If you speak about magic item on hobgoblin khans, they can take it, but up to 25 points.

Hello.

I don't speak english very well.
07-17-2012 01:14 AM
beefcake
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Market Rep: 2
Slaves: 40

RE: Short, Angry, and Sometimes on Firebeefcake 07-17-2012

These look really cool. Like a different type of mutation kind of like bull centaurs

07-17-2012 01:23 AM
theforgefather
Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer

Slaves: 90

RE: Short, Angry, and Sometimes on Firetheforgefather 07-17-2012

I love it! Wink

Renegades+Heretics http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/pos...45610.page
Chaos Dwarfs! http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...#pid174878

07-17-2012 02:36 AM
fairoaks024
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Slaves: 15

RE: Short, Angry, and Sometimes on Firefairoaks024 07-17-2012

nice and disturbing,

excellent work

regards

jim

07-17-2012 04:57 AM
Sherlocko
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Group: Chaos Star
Slaves: 41

RE: Short, Angry, and Sometimes on FireSherlocko 07-17-2012

Nice to see you over here as well! Happy

And even more funnier that I am also in the start up phase of a chaos dwarf army with AoW Berserkers as base. Tongue

07-17-2012 05:23 AM
Karring
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 24

RE: Short, Angry, and Sometimes on FireKarring 07-17-2012

Great work, hahaha.

I love the idea of a lot of unmaned beast enslaved for CDs.

"We will remake the world into our domain, a land of cinder-ash and the blackened bones of our enemies, until only we remain and those broken bodies that cower at our feet."
07-17-2012 07:28 AM
Chico
Bull Centaur

Market Rep: 2
Slaves: 128
Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS                               
RE: Short, Angry, and Sometimes on FireChico 07-17-2012

Scary looking ''Khans'' good work Happy

My Blog (Click it)

On Sale(Click Banner):

07-17-2012 07:41 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 1496
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze x2                               
RE: Short, Angry, and Sometimes on FireAbecedar 07-17-2012

yep, definitely like what you've done as starters. good luck with the rest.

Last Time I Bled for my Hobby  =  27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
07-17-2012 05:54 PM
Grimbold Blackhammer
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Slaves: 199
Best General - 2012 Scribe's Contest Silver Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: Short, Angry, and Sometimes on FireGrimbold Blackhammer 07-17-2012

You're off to an interesting start!  I think your BSB might be compensating a bit though =)

Grimbold Blackhammer

07-17-2012 09:48 PM
NoisyAssassin
Chaos Dwarf Hero

RE: Short, Angry, and Sometimes on FireNoisyAssassin 07-17-2012

Wow, I guess the weird beasties are a good idea, don't think I've ever gotten this many positive replies on something this quickly before. And most forums have at least a hater or two who don't like crazy counts-as models. I think I'll fit in here ^.^

@Phedon: thanks for the info! 25pts is more than enough, although it does sadly rule out the Crown of Command+flaming ward shenanigans. Guess I'll have to leave that trick to my Goblin army. And I don't have an idea for what to name these things. Anyone have ideas? Any obscure thing from CD lore that they might represent?

@beefcake: that was the idea!

@Sherlocko: great to see ya here too. We can have a race to see who finishes their army first!

No real updates, but I did get some greenstuff on the necks of these chaps, and am currently wondering if I should leave them as is, or have some chains wrapped around them/trailing off. Thoughts?

Also picked up a box of Chaos Knights to make some Bull Centaurs (I do not approve of the upcoming FW models), and decided that I will likely use the Ghorgon/Cygor kit to make my Destroyer. It being a massive bull-headed monstrosity and all...

Edit: seriously considering the Bloodmaw from Bane Legions for a Destroyer as well. The model is gorgeously creepy and rather unique. I'd probably remove most of the   hips, legs, and one arm and have it bursting out of the ground/lava, with the removed arm positioned so it is dragging itself up onto a solid surface. Would be more expensive, more work, and look less "Hashut-ish", but I think the potential payoff is greater. Also it's a bit larger than the Ghorgon (shorter, but way bulkier). Any thoughts between the two? Either would be painted in a magma-type scheme.

This post was last modified: 07-17-2012 10:35 PM by NoisyAssassin.

07-17-2012 09:56 PM
Sherlocko
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Group: Chaos Star
Slaves: 41

RE: Short, Angry, and Sometimes on FireSherlocko 07-18-2012

NoisyAssassin Wrote:

Edit: seriously considering the Bloodmaw from Bane Legions for a Destroyer as well.

Get out of my head!

Tongue

And you´re on for the race. I´m always a sucker for losing, which I probably will since my goal is to have like 1500 done and painted before february. Tongue

07-18-2012 03:39 AM
NoisyAssassin
Chaos Dwarf Hero

RE: Short, Angry, and Sometimes on FireNoisyAssassin 07-18-2012

Haha, awesome. My (rather ambitious) goal is to finish 2K for a tournament in the beginning of December, so if we both meet our goals I'll win!

07-18-2012 10:26 AM
Pages (6): « First [1] 2 3 4 5 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Lots of angry little men. Drake 3 1,487 08-21-2011 01:39 PM
Last Post: Drake
  [09-12-2009] Astranagant's Angry Mental Dwarfs - My first massed unit, and more! Astranagant 36 20,572 09-13-2009 10:42 AM
Last Post: Astranagant

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites