Pages (2): « First [1] 2 Next > Last »
Artisan's Contest XIII
Author MessageArtisan's Contest XIII
Willmark
Dark Lord of Hashut

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 25
Slaves: 1225
Artisan's Contest - Gold Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Best Overall Member - 2007 Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS                               
Artisan's Contest XIIIWillmark 08-15-2012

Welcome all to Artisan’s Contest XIII!

The Long Road to Zharr Naggrund

The theme for this Artisan's Contest is to create a piece of Chaos themed scenery, with the focus of the subject being "The Long Road to Zharr Naggrund" as your inspiration. Beyond it being a piece of Chaos Dwarf scenery, that somehow relates to "the long road to Zharr Naggrund" (which could be literally or just an abstract association with the concept), this contest is relatively unrestricted in terms of scope.  

Your piece of scenery could be something the size of a single model (in which case it should be obvious it's a intended to be a piece of scenery and not an actual unit), it could be an existing piece of Citadel scenery that fits the theme, or it could be something truly gargantuan that has only lived in your imagination until now!

Deadline

The deadline for the submission of entries is the 29th of September 2012 at 11:59pm EST.  

Only enter if you are happy with the rules as they are stated:

Rules of the Competition

Each member may only enter once.

Create a piece of Chaos Dwarf scenery, using "The Long Road to Zharr Naggrund" as your inspiration. The maximum and minimum dimensions of the scenery is unrestricted.

The scenery need not to be made to accommodate other models or units (i.e. it does not need to be made so that models can enter or occupy the scenery), but there is no penalty to creating a piece of scenery that can be traversed by models either.

Please note, however, that this is a contest for a piece of scenery and collections of models should not be shown with the scenery in entry photographs unless they are a part of the scenery itself.

How to Enter?

Submit your entry by sending a PM to Staff (a special user that all Staff have access to) with four photos of your entry. Please do not send an e-mail to any of the admin or staff accounts as this is a sure fire way to have your entry overlooked.

Also, do not post your entries in the forum.

How will this be judged?

By early October we will post the entries to a new entries thread where members can vote.

If there are more than 10 entries there will be Gold, Silver and Bronze Artisan's medals.

Good luck everyone!
The Staff

My Want List / My Trade List

This post was last modified: 08-16-2012 10:38 AM by Willmark.

08-15-2012 03:40 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Zanko
Prime Frurndar of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 1391
Blackshard Army Medal - 10000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Blackshard Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Gold Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XIIIZanko 08-15-2012

Great concept for an AC! Takes Hat off

Momentarily I have only a very vaque idea what to create but I'm confident that I could make it! Big Grin

Hashut!

"Frurndar are still existing!"
               The Lizard King 

08-15-2012 03:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DAGabriel
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 515
Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Golden Hat - Gold Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XIIIDAGabriel 08-15-2012

I think it could be a great challenge, if I come up with a great idea I will be aboard.

2015        Bought/Traded: 104        Painted: 107

My army blog: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...589&page=1
08-15-2012 04:04 PM
Nicodemus
Grand Imperious Sorcerer of the Forge

Market Rep: 40
Slaves: 1259
Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Best Attitude - 2010 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2011 Golden Hat - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2013 Photobucket Migration Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XIIINicodemus 08-15-2012

I believe the intended note in the rules was supposed to be:
"The scenery need not be made to accommodate other models or units"... then the rest of the text that follows makes a little more sense.

~N

Nicodemus' adage: "It is not enough to bash in skulls, we must bash in minds!"

Nicodemus' Forge of Unfinished Business (Chaos Dwarf Blog) and Non-Dawi'Zharr Blog
Warhammer Quest & Dreams of Hashut (3D Tile Creation Blog - Dawi Underway & More!!)
Chaos Dwarf 'Quest Blog (Download the Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarfs Roleplay Book )
Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarf Expansion (Board Game Geek)

08-15-2012 04:47 PM
Lord Aldades
Chaos Dwarf Hero

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 199
Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XIIILord Aldades 08-15-2012

I like the theme, don`t know if time will permit to enter, but I`m surely gonna give it a shot

The Society watches out for you:
http://tomsche69.blogspot.com/
08-15-2012 04:47 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Skink
Slann Mage Priest

Slaves: 713
Golden Hat - Silver Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XIIISkink 08-15-2012

Love the theme and guess I am in!

...I don't want to drift this out of topic but medals for Golden Hat 17 haven't been assigned yet...

"Hashut! Vorgrund! Zharr Naggrund!!" A Chaos Dwarf's battlecry.

-Chaos Dwarf Spaghetti- My Dawi Zharr blog. Comes with tomato sauce!
08-15-2012 07:41 PM
Nicodemus

Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Best Attitude - 2010 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2011 Golden Hat - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2013 Photobucket Migration Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XIIINicodemus 08-15-2012

Skink Wrote:
Love the theme and guess I am in!

...I don't want to drift this out of topic but medals for Golden Hat 17 haven't been assigned yet...

Haha, oops, sorry Skink. They were, but I forgot that you already had a Golden Hat medal... and the medal system never gives a warning if we try to give you the same medal again.  I'll fix that right now!  Apologies again for missing your medal!

~N

Nicodemus' Forge of Unfinished Business (Chaos Dwarf Blog) and Non-Dawi'Zharr Blog
Warhammer Quest & Dreams of Hashut (3D Tile Creation Blog - Dawi Underway & More!!)
Chaos Dwarf 'Quest Blog (Download the Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarfs Roleplay Book )

This post was last modified: 08-15-2012 09:49 PM by Nicodemus.

08-15-2012 09:47 PM
burock
Chaos Dwarf Daemonsmith

Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 29
Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Silver                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XIIIburock 08-16-2012

thats really a good theme. has its rules yet not too limiting. i have a question though.

is it allowed to join this competition with a army display board or is it supposed to be a scenery piece that can be used in games, like buildings and such?

08-16-2012 04:03 AM
Nicodemus

RE: Artisan's Contest XIIINicodemus 08-16-2012

burock Wrote:
thats really a good theme. has its rules yet not too limiting. i have a question though.

is it allowed to join this competition with a army display board or is it supposed to be a scenery piece that can be used in games, like buildings and such?

Not a display board, but something that would be appropriate for use in games.

~N

08-16-2012 04:05 AM
Willmark
Dark Lord of Hashut

Market Rep: 25
Slaves: 1225
Artisan's Contest - Gold Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Best Overall Member - 2007 Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XIIIWillmark 08-16-2012

How one bases something or not go do do is entirely up to the individual. Biggest guidance I can give is on one the scenery type ACs is to think about how will you use afterwards to game with.

My Want List / My Trade List
08-16-2012 10:39 AM
Nicodemus

RE: Artisan's Contest XIIINicodemus 09-18-2012

Hasn't been much activity in here this competition... either everyone is working feverishly and it's all straight-forward, or there's going to be very few entries!

I kind of wrote this one off, but had some thoughts last night for an entry that got me excited to create... only problem is that I now I have very little time to get it completed, so who knows if it'll happen at all anyway  dead Blah!

~N

09-18-2012 12:28 PM
DAGabriel
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Slaves: 515
Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Golden Hat - Gold Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XIIIDAGabriel 09-18-2012

Same problem with me. Normally I am a fan of building scenery but haven`t had the time to do more than my stuff for BSL and lacked cool idea.

2015        Bought/Traded: 104        Painted: 107

My army blog: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...589&page=1
09-18-2012 01:06 PM
Zanko
Prime Frurndar of Hashut

Market Rep: 11
Slaves: 1391
Blackshard Army Medal - 10000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Blackshard Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Gold Diplomat Medal - Bronze Major Prize Sponsor Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help Golden Hat - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XIIIZanko 09-18-2012

I'm building on my entry and I have finished about 25% yet! Wink

I hope I will have some time at the weekend, I must buy more paints and some stuff!

Besides this I must think about some details, in the moment the scenery looks a little bit "deserted"!

Hashut!

"Frurndar are still existing!"
               The Lizard King 

09-18-2012 01:11 PM
Pyro Stick
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Market Rep: 15
Slaves: 959
Word of Hashut - Contributor Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Bronze                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XIIIPyro Stick 09-18-2012

Ive had an idea kicking around for years for a piece of terrain that could fit this pretty well. If i had the time ill try get it done. Ive collected all the bits ill need and they are just taking up space.

edit: Just realised this isnt a new thread. Im starting the first module for my degree in a week so i probably wont have the time

My Chaos Dwarf Collection: GHXXVI

This post was last modified: 09-18-2012 01:15 PM by Pyro Stick.

09-18-2012 01:12 PM
Hashut's Blessing
The Cakily Blessed One

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 9
Slaves: 742
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Silver Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Veteran Medal - Silver Word of Hashut - Contributor                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XIIIHashut's Blessing 09-18-2012

Alas, I'm between houses and have no hobby stuff with me Sad

Pledge: '09:+83 '10:+116 '11:+118 '12: N/A '13: N/A

WarplockMonkey Wrote:
After years of rigerous scientific reasearch, it has now been proven that there is a 50% chance that HB is 'in your fridge, eatin your cakez'.

09-18-2012 03:35 PM
furrie
hat lover

Market Rep: 3
Slaves: 243

RE: Artisan's Contest XIIIfurrie 09-19-2012

Busy with unpacking boxes in my new house, so I don't realy have time to make some scenery in 10 days

My blog with big hatters

Hashut's Blessing Wrote:
I like big hats and I cannot lie, you other brothers can't deny, when a dwarf walks in with an iddy biddy thing and wears it on his head, you get sprung...

Kera foehunter Wrote:
But there is only one choice
Big hats anything else is just a emo Dwarf

09-19-2012 03:02 AM
Bolg
Greater Bunny of Hashut

Market Rep: 12
Slaves: 644
Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XIIIBolg 09-19-2012

I'm building a watchtower... But I dont think I'll make it in time.  But I'll try (:

Check out my webcomic here...
09-19-2012 06:04 AM
Nicodemus

RE: Artisan's Contest XIIINicodemus 09-19-2012

Man oh man... time is counting down!!  Had I not had my inspiration so late I'd be fine with this one, as it happens I have to respond to reviewer comments on two manuscripts in the next week, submit another manuscript which has a Sept 30th deadline (and for which I haven't even started researching) and there's a faculty position I want to apply for that's due Sept 30th as well... all this in addition to my regular work/home schedule. Never rains but it pours eh?  Maybe it's not a coincidence that my inspiration always comes when I'm inundated with work! It's like my subconscious is trying extra hard to find something else for me to do Cheers!

~N

09-19-2012 11:25 AM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Slaves: 1715
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Golden Hat - Gold Best Overall Member - 2017 Best General - 2018 Artisan's Contest Bronze x4                               
RE: Artisan's Contest XIIIAbecedar 09-27-2012

Loved the Idea.
Grandiose schemes came frequently to mind, soaring vista's of gates and landscapes beyond.  Then came despair as I realized (well remembered actually) the gulf between my imagination and skill.  and so progress halted.

Then 8 days ago inspiration crept up on me.   6 days ago "Yeh that's what I'll do" came about.

And now my entry is in.  Good luck all.

Last Time I Bled for my Hobby  =  27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
09-27-2012 04:40 AM
Nicodemus

RE: Artisan's Contest XIIINicodemus 09-27-2012

Great to hear you've got something submitted Abecedar!  

C'mon the rest of you... get those entries in Wink  I'm still working on mine in fits and starts, but as usual for me, it's going to come down to the wire as work has taken over most of my hobby time of late. I've got training tonight, but I think I can maybe start painting Friday night (the 28th)... oh wait, I've got a date with my wife Friday and a babysitter coming!  Yikes... if I can get this done I may end up taking my photos before the paint is dry!! Argh!   Crap, can you prime Green Stuff before it has fully cured??

~N

09-27-2012 11:58 AM
Pages (2): « First [1] 2 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Artisan's Contest XXIX - Voting! Admiral 10 457 02-26-2020 05:57 AM
Last Post: Admiral
  Artisan's Contest XXIX Admiral 26 3,244 02-19-2020 11:28 AM
Last Post: Admiral
  Artisan's Contest XXVIII - Winners! Admiral 8 2,050 11-25-2019 10:26 AM
Last Post: Reaver of Uzkulak