Golden Hat XVIII
Author MessageGolden Hat XVIII
AGPO
BOAR CENTAUR!

Group: Mods of Hashut
Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 1271

Golden Hat XVIIIAGPO 10-15-2012

Welcome, slaves, to the 18th Golden Hat competition!

Subject Matter
For this Golden Hat competition we want more Hobgoblin Slaves!  The goal is to create 5 Hobgoblin models.

The only restrictions is that the models must be on foot (no mounted entries this time around) and not include a standard bearer.  Display bases, plinths, as well as diorama style bases, are not allowed.
The full rules for basing can be found here.

Specifics
Subject: 5 Hobgoblins
The due Date: 11:59 PM November 16th, 2012 EST (Eastern Standard Timezone)

Please read the full rules that apply to the Golden Hat competition before submitting your entry.

Submission
All entries must be sent to the Golden Hat account no later 11:59 PM November 16th, 2012 EST (Eastern Standard Timezone). Entries will not be accepted after this as we are aiming for a quick turnaround on getting the voting thread posted. (Entrants have ~5 weeks to complete entries).

If, for some reason, you are having trouble with your submission, contact one of the Staff. In order to avoid problems, entrants should not wait until the last minute to submit their entries...

How to Enter
Upload up to 4 photos of your entries to the Internet. Photos may not have additional text or items/models unrelated to your entry.  Next, send a PM to Golden Hat (a special user that all Staff have access to) containing the links where the pictures can be found. (Note: This is the same as previous Golden Hats).

If you win:
- Walk across the backs of the cowed masses you have scorned and pushed aside, in order to take your place in the vaunted Golden Hat Hall of Fame.
- Receive the Golden Hat medal for your online persona *
- Everyone who enters gets a number of slaves equal to the number of entries. If 20 people enter we award 20 slaves to each person who entered.

*= As with previous Golden Hats; if there are more then 10 entrants the silver and bronze Golden Hat Medals will be awarded as well.

Entries will count towards a veteran medal.

Once all entries are received a thread will be created for voting as quickly as possible (within a few days). If there are any questions it is best post them here so that everyone can benefit from any details or clarifications that may arise.

-The CDO Staff

Check out my blogs!:
Chaos Dwarfs (6/6/09)Other shiny things (13/11/11)

I follow the Grumpy But Responsible Gamers' Charter. Join us!

Sojourn Wrote:
FYI Wilmark, the only alcohol I'm drinking is from that bucket

10-15-2012 04:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Grimstonefire
The Magician Technician

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 24
Slaves: 1361
Best Overall Member - 2009 Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Artisan's Contest - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Gold Best Overall Member - 2010 Hellsmith - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XVIIIGrimstonefire 10-15-2012

Can I just clarify something

"For this Golden Hat competition we want more Hobgoblin Slaves!  The goal is to create 5 Hobgoblin models."

Hobgoblin 'slaves' being in character chat I presume, or is the theme to make 5 hobgoblin slaves?

Making models as slaves is a specific theme, when mercenaries etc may look different.

Ever the best of friends Mum. 1953-2011   Sad

This post was last modified: 10-15-2012 05:36 PM by Grimstonefire.

10-15-2012 05:36 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nicodemus
Grand Imperious Sorcerer of the Forge

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 40
Slaves: 1232
Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Best Attitude - 2010 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2011 Golden Hat - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2013 Photobucket Migration Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: Golden Hat XVIIINicodemus 10-15-2012

Grimstonefire Wrote:
Hobgoblin 'slaves' being in character chat I presume, or is the theme to make 5 hobgoblin slaves?

Within Chaos Dwarf society of course all Hobgoblins are slaves... but this was just in-character chat is all.

Nicodemus' adage: "It is not enough to bash in skulls, we must bash in minds!"

Nicodemus' Forge of Unfinished Business (Chaos Dwarf Blog) and Non-Dawi'Zharr Blog
Warhammer Quest & Dreams of Hashut (3D Tile Creation Blog - Dawi Underway & More!!)
Chaos Dwarf 'Quest Blog (Download the Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarfs Roleplay Book )
Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarf Expansion (Board Game Geek)

This post was last modified: 10-15-2012 05:54 PM by Nicodemus.

10-15-2012 05:53 PM
devlanmud
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

Group: Dawi Zharr
Slaves: 46

RE: Golden Hat XVIIIdevlanmud 10-15-2012

Cool, I'm going to start work tomorrow if the weather is dry enough to get some casting done.

Devlanmud's Blog
10-15-2012 06:18 PM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1406
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XVIIIAbecedar 10-15-2012

I think I have a problem with being able to "create" the hobgoblin slaves.   To me that specifically means making brand new ones.  
So please clarify for me, what are the options,   Paint an existing hobgoblin or a substitute type models, convert something into a hobgoblin or cast new models as devlan is going to do.
Thanks..

Last Time I Bled for my Hobby  =  27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
10-15-2012 10:58 PM
Nicodemus

Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Best Attitude - 2010 Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2011 Golden Hat - Bronze Best Overall Member - 2013 Photobucket Migration Photobucket Migration Exceptional Help                               
RE: Golden Hat XVIIINicodemus 10-15-2012

Abecedar Wrote:
So please clarify for me, what are the options,   Paint an existing hobgoblin or a substitute type models, convert something into a hobgoblin or cast new models as devlan is going to do.

The creation part of the process need be just the painting and basing of them, of course you're welcome to do any of the above options you suggested as well.  When in doubt, keep it simple!  If you're really not feeling keen on spending a whole lot of time waiting for an eBay auction for some metal GW Hobgoblins, or don't want to convert or cast your own, regular goblins have worked well for CDO members in the past and would certainly be good enough to enter as Hobgoblins.

~N

Nicodemus' Forge of Unfinished Business (Chaos Dwarf Blog) and Non-Dawi'Zharr Blog
Warhammer Quest & Dreams of Hashut (3D Tile Creation Blog - Dawi Underway & More!!)
Chaos Dwarf 'Quest Blog (Download the Warhammer Quest: Chaos Dwarfs Roleplay Book )

10-15-2012 11:13 PM
Abecedar
Curmudgeon of Hashut

Market Rep: 13
Slaves: 1406
Best Attitude - 2016 Word of Hashut - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Artisan's Contest - Silver Golden Hat - Bronze Diplomat Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS Scribe's Contest Veteran Artisan's Contest - Gold Scribe's Contest Bronze Scribe's Contest - Gold x2 Scribe's Contest - Silver x2 Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XVIIIAbecedar 10-16-2012

Thanks Nico, that clears it up nicely.  
Casting and even Converting can be a pretty heavy task.  But Mis-using I mean Re-using other models is well within my skills.

Last Time I Bled for my Hobby  =  27 June 17(ouchy); 15 June 17
Last Time I glued my fingers together = 30th, 29th & 27th June 17; 16 June 17

Army Blog

Short Stories
Legend of Lord Kvackd'up
Zhek'dars tales  =  tbf.
10-16-2012 01:35 AM
furrie
hat lover

Market Rep: 3
Slaves: 243

RE: Golden Hat XVIIIfurrie 10-16-2012

Why aren't we allowed to enter a standard as part of the 5 hobgoblins or do you mean a battle standard bearer? Because now I can't enter a complete command group with two rank and file models.

My blog with big hatters

Hashut's Blessing Wrote:
I like big hats and I cannot lie, you other brothers can't deny, when a dwarf walks in with an iddy biddy thing and wears it on his head, you get sprung...

Kera foehunter Wrote:
But there is only one choice
Big hats anything else is just a emo Dwarf

10-16-2012 03:25 AM
Nicodemus

RE: Golden Hat XVIIINicodemus 10-16-2012

furrie Wrote:
Why aren't we allowed to enter a standard as part of the 5 hobgoblins

Nothing with a banner or a standard or a flag, etc. Otherwise the contest becomes about painting the showiest eye-catching banner that goes along with the Hobgoblins -- or at least the perception becomes about painting a fancy banner -- and not everyone can compete on that level. While we could allow this, in all fairness the idea was that the contest and the judging to be focussed about painting of the models.

~N

10-16-2012 03:56 AM
furrie
hat lover

Market Rep: 3
Slaves: 243

RE: Golden Hat XVIIIfurrie 10-16-2012

Herby Wrote:

furrie Wrote:
Why aren't we allowed to enter a standard as part of the 5 hobgoblins or do you mean a battle standard bearer? Because now I can't enter a complete command group with two rank and file models.

First I have also asked myself this question.
But the answer is simple. It's just about the Hobgoblins. Some guys are great in freehand-painting. So if they make some bad Hobgoblins miniatures they could pimp them with an awesome banner and maybe win.

But that's not the true goal. This time:

Subject Matter
For this Golden Hat competition we want more Hobgoblin Slaves!

I think that's it. Or am I wrong, staff?

A thanks for that, it makes sense now you explainded it.

My blog with big hatters

Hashut's Blessing Wrote:
I like big hats and I cannot lie, you other brothers can't deny, when a dwarf walks in with an iddy biddy thing and wears it on his head, you get sprung...

Kera foehunter Wrote:
But there is only one choice
Big hats anything else is just a emo Dwarf

10-16-2012 04:13 AM
Blue in VT
Daemon Prince of Hashut

Market Rep: 24
Slaves: 360
Golden Hat - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XVIIIBlue in VT 10-16-2012

Sounds like great theme and something I can get behind.  I hope I can find the time!

Cheers,

Blue

A huge thanks to Pyro for my Avatar!!
My painting/collecting blog: http://bluesmarauders.blogspot.com/

10-16-2012 06:45 AM
Pyro Stick
Wizard of the Glen

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 931
Word of Hashut - Contributor Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XVIIIPyro Stick 10-16-2012

Do we have to paint 5 or can we paint up to 5?

My Chaos Dwarf Collection: GHXXVI

10-16-2012 07:09 AM
Bolg
Greater Bunny of Hashut

Market Rep: 12
Slaves: 579
Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Golden Hat - Bronze Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XVIIIBolg 10-16-2012

Just finished a unit of 30. pics already taken... luckily I have 10 more so if I paint those up I can have a go at the horde with additional hand weapons, might be interesting and as always a golden Hat is the best reason to paint up some more models.

Check out my webcomic here...
10-16-2012 07:35 AM
Admiral
Auxilliary Moderator

Market Rep: 6
Slaves: 528
Scribe's Contest - Bronze x3 Best Attitude - 2014 Best Contributor - 2014 Major Prize Sponsor Golden Hat - Bronze Scribe's Contest Veteran Scribe's Contest Silver Hellsmith - Gold Dark Apostle - Silver Best Attitude - 2015 Best Overall Member - 2015 Best Contributor - 2015 Artisan's Contest - Silver Best Overall Member - 2016 Best Contributor - 2016                               
RE: Golden Hat XVIIIAdmiral 10-16-2012

Pyro Stick Wrote:

We shall paint 5, neither less nor more. That makes a rank. Sweet, I might even find the time to enter into this GH.

News on CDO: Golden Hat XXVIII - Deadline 9th of November ...  Admiralty Miniatures Blogshop

And thus there was Chaos. And Squats. Hobby Group Auxillia Work. On Dark Tides. Miscellaneous Commercial Sculpts. Flayman Tutorial.
Chaos Dwarf Writings: Fables. Chaos Dwarf Songs. Sayings. Quotes. Monumental Inscriptions. Religious Texts.
There's fourteen ways to skin a dwarf. Path to Glory: Chaos Dwarf Warband Rules.
10-16-2012 08:21 AM
Vogon
Daemon Prince of Hashut

Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 200
Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XVIIIVogon 10-16-2012

Sounds like something I could get the time to do, especially as the missus is away for a week so I'll have nothing else to do in the evenings later on this month.

Cheers

Vogon

Now choose either die in the vacuum of space or.....
Tell me how good you thought my poem was.

My painting Blog http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...p?tid=9870

The Pledge 2013

I will not field a unit or character model until in a game it is completely painted and based.

10-16-2012 08:55 AM
cornixt
Brewer of Daemonic Beer

Slaves: 1302
Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Attitude - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XVIIIcornixt 10-16-2012

Pyro Stick Wrote:

contest rules Wrote:
The goal is to create 5 Hobgoblin models.

There's a lot more in the wiki than you think, check out the wiki contents

Like a Great Taurus in a Cathay shop.

"No Mr Bond, I expect you to k'daii."
10-16-2012 12:38 PM
ryanamandaanna
Great Taurus

Market Rep: 4
Slaves: 232
Golden Hat - Gold Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Veteran Medal - Silver                               
RE: Golden Hat XVIIIryanamandaanna 10-16-2012

sweet, I needed an excuse to work on my hobgoblins again...

10-16-2012 04:34 PM
Kera foehunter
Zharr Nauggund Alpha Female

Slaves: 153
Best Attitude - 2007 Best Attitude - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Best Attitude - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XVIIIKera foehunter 10-16-2012

Nicodemus Wrote:

Grimstonefire Wrote:

Within Chaos Dwarf society of course all Hobgoblins are slaves... but this was just in-character chat is all.

Ummmmmmmmmmmm  Within Chaos Dwarf society

E V E R Y O N E  I S   A     S L A V E
Takes Hat off

The last of female chaos dwarf
10-16-2012 04:43 PM
vulcanologist
The Mongrel General

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 259
Veteran Medal - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold                               
RE: Golden Hat XVIIIvulcanologist 10-17-2012

Hooray...good theme, here we go again!

Check out lots of my other stuff on my blog: MY WEBSITE: http://vulcanologists.blogspot.co.uk/

MY CHAOS DWARF ARMY BLOG: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...p?tid=7773

MY BLOG OF EVERYTHING ELSE: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=10173

MY BLOOD BOWL BLOG: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...?tid=10338

MY WEBSITE: http://vulcanologists.blogspot.co.uk/

Remember to build your new house ziggurat shaped!
10-17-2012 12:08 PM
DAGabriel
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Slaves: 514
Image Gallery Contributor - Silver Golden Hat - Gold Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Golden Hat XVIIIDAGabriel 10-17-2012

Think if I find the time I am in, got an idea.

2015        Bought/Traded: 104        Painted: 107

My army blog: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...589&page=1
10-17-2012 01:01 PM
Pages (4): « First [1] 2 3 4 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Golden Hat XVIII - Winners! Admiral 12 198 11-18-2017 01:12 PM
Last Post: Jackswift
  Artisan's Contest XVIII - Winners! Admiral 13 4,613 01-04-2016 07:42 AM
Last Post: Admiral
  Artisan's Contest XVIII - Voting! Admiral 43 9,542 12-21-2015 08:37 AM
Last Post: Axtklinge
  Artisan's Contest XVIII Admiral 53 10,251 12-07-2015 01:15 AM
Last Post: Jackswift
  Golden Hat XVIII: And the winners are... Willmark 26 43,312 12-16-2012 02:36 PM
Last Post: ryanamandaanna

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites