Pages (6): « First [1] 2 3 4 5 Next > Last »
1 Votes - 5 Average   [19/07/10] Chaos Dwarf Combat Engineers
Author Message[19/07/10] Chaos Dwarf Combat Engineers
Grimstonefire
The Magician Technician

Group: Retired Staff
Market Rep: 24
Slaves: 1362
Best Overall Member - 2009 Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Artisan's Contest - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Gold Best Overall Member - 2010 Hellsmith - Bronze                               
[19/07/10] Chaos Dwarf Combat EngineersGrimstonefire 10-14-2007

Well, after what seems like ages I thought I would finally post what I've been working on.

What we have here is my unit of 15 warriors with hand weapon and shield, 15 Brotherhood of Hashut (warriors with great weapon), and the start of my unit of 'blunderbussers'.  Also my Hero.

The units are not finished, but are probably about 80% done.  The bases will be done like the Brotherhood unit, with patches of hot coals.  The edge of the bases are painted with an even mix of Graveyard Earth and Codex Grey.  It doesn't show much, but its not quite grey or brown.  Overall with the dark shading on skin and red, the dark brass and black weapons, it all comes together very well tonally.

My initial wish list is this, I'm not stretching myself too far as I have loads of other projects on the go.  I've also yet to work out all the points.

Hero - DONE
Sorcerer - About 50% done
20 Warriors (hw +shield) - About 80% done
20 Warriors (gw) - About 80% done
15 Blunderbussers - About 10% done
15 Black Orcs - About 35% done
Earthshaker - (Hellcanon) Started
Death Rocket - Started

CD Hero
Seen a few times on here already, so no need to explain.  I will be repainting the axe and base to match my army.

Sorcerer
I am scratch sculpting this, and will put up pictures when he is complete.  He has a cloak made of fire, and will be throwing a fireball.

Warriors with Hand Weapon and Shield
The first 15, only 5 more to go.  I will take a photo of each model, front and back, once the unit is completed.  There are lots of cool conversions in there IMO.  My favourite model has to be the one top right on the picture from the front.  He's got bombs on his back and holding one with a lit fuse.  He's also got a 'mad bomber' look on his mask.

The shields need a lot of work, firstly sculpting the flayed skin faces on a lot, then deciding on how to do the background colour (red or plain metal)??

The weapons have all got a 'hell forged' look, no matter what they are.  I'm going to carry this as a theme through the army.

Brotherhood of Hashut - Warriors with Great Weapon (for fluff see link in my sig)
I have 20 made, they've been sitting unfinished for about 18 months now.  These models were sculpted and cast by me, cast until the mould disintegrated actually.  I started repainting them recently to tone down the red trin and paint the scale armour bronze (gold).

'Blunderbussers'
I use the ' ' because only about 40% of the unit will actually be armed with a blunderbuss!  The rest will have a whole variety of missile weapons; Rocket Launcher, mortar, flame thrower, portable 'Gauss gun', pistols, and of course the gatling blunderbuss.  The picture shows a flame thrower, a blunderbusser and the WIP gatling blunderbuss.  There will be 2 more Blunderbussers on that base.  I'm not happy with the end on the blunderbuss, so that will change.

Although I had already decided to do my unit(s) this way, I noticed Wallacer has done  something similar, so thanks for giving me a look at how it will work.

Black Orcs
Picture included of how they will be done,  I've got about 6 more ready for painting.

Earthshaker
A hellcannon, pics included of what's done so far.

Death Rocket
Not started yet, but will look like the art attached. (edit:  concept changed, see page 2 of this thread)

Pictures will be replaced as I finish painting them.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Ever the best of friends Mum. 1953-2011   Sad

This post was last modified: 07-21-2010 10:38 AM by Grimstonefire.

10-14-2007 09:21 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pyro Stick
Greater Daemon of Hashut

Group: Immortals
Market Rep: 15
Slaves: 959
Word of Hashut - Contributor Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Veteran Medal - Silver Photobucket Migration Hellsmith - Bronze                               
RE: Chaos Dwarf Combat EngineersPyro Stick 10-14-2007

The army is looking awesome so far. I love the brotherhood of hashut models. You have done a great job on them so far. The sorceror sounds like its going to be cool. Cant wait to see it completed.

My Chaos Dwarf Collection: GHXXVI

10-14-2007 09:50 AM
Visit this users website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Hammerhand
Bull Centaur

Group: Dawi Zharr
Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 14

RE: Chaos Dwarf Combat EngineersHammerhand 10-14-2007

Looking cool so far. Want more!

Why Combat Engineers? You're not a member of the ubiquitous corps aRE you?

It's been a long time baby, but I guess the mark of Hashut just burns too deep.......
10-14-2007 10:40 AM
Ghrask Dragh
TeddyMadeMeDoIt...

Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 854

RE: Chaos Dwarf Combat EngineersGhrask Dragh 10-14-2007

Takes Hat off Grimstone'!
You have a really cool themed army, I can't wait to see how your blunderbuss unit turns out!
Very impressive sculpting too, on the brotherhood and hero in particular. It looks like we are heading for another great looking army for the Chaos Dwarfs!! Cheers!

My Chaos Dwarf Blog
10-14-2007 10:52 AM
Willmark
Dark Lord of Hashut

Group: Hashut's Admin
Market Rep: 25
Slaves: 1224
Artisan's Contest - Gold Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Best Overall Member - 2007 Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS                               
RE: Chaos Dwarf Combat EngineersWillmark 10-14-2007

I have greatly admired your CD hero for some time the gauntlets are absolutely amazing! Rest of the army ain't half bad either Wink

My Want List / My Trade List

This post was last modified: 10-14-2007 11:50 AM by Willmark.

10-14-2007 11:50 AM
Canix
Spirit of Hashut

Market Rep: 8
Slaves: 10

RE: Chaos Dwarf Combat EngineersCanix 10-14-2007

Awesome work the individuality of each model is excellent i really like the look of everything the green slime death stench effect looks great on the brotherhood unit cool and creepy Takes Hat off sweet

Realists are hampered by there inability to comprehend the true nature of reality
The Pledge 2010:
Bought:11 Painted:12

This post was last modified: 10-14-2007 12:29 PM by Canix.

10-14-2007 12:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
duktu
Chaos Dwarf Warrior

Market Rep: 0
Slaves: 0

RE: Chaos Dwarf Combat Engineersduktu 10-14-2007

Great work there Grimstonefire! Please keep them coming.

On the picture with the Blunderbusses you have some nice looking wip of a war machine. Is this the death rocket? Or something else, like unit filler?

This post was last modified: 10-14-2007 02:27 PM by duktu.

10-14-2007 02:26 PM
wallacer
Hashut's cow pimp

Market Rep: 4
Slaves: 1046
Artisan's Contest - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Wiki - Major Contributor Blackshard Army Medal - 10000 PTS                               
RE: Chaos Dwarf Combat Engineerswallacer 10-14-2007

Nice conversions.

Army pics: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showth...888&page=1
10-14-2007 02:39 PM
Grimstonefire
The Magician Technician

Market Rep: 24
Slaves: 1362
Best Overall Member - 2009 Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Artisan's Contest - Gold Golden Hat - Bronze Word of Hashut - Contributor Golden Hat - Silver Veteran Medal - Gold Best Overall Member - 2010 Hellsmith - Bronze                               
RE: Chaos Dwarf Combat EngineersGrimstonefire 10-14-2007

@Hammerhand
Over the Nemesis campaign I really caught onto the idea, as it has great potential.The added bonus being that I have Chaos Dwarfs with a theme, not just models themed to be Chaos Dwarfs.So with any luck they might still fit into whatever GW can throw at us theme wise as I will just modify them to my existing theme.

@Canix
I always knew when I started my Chaos Dwarf army that every model would be converted, making them individual makes them a lot of fun to paint! Happy

@Duktu
It is a unit filler, the gatling blunderbuss.The rocketeers will take a 40mm x 20mm converted base as well in the unit (when I do them).

The 'death rocket' will be based on the bit of art.

Ever the best of friends Mum. 1953-2011   Sad

This post was last modified: 10-17-2007 03:05 PM by Grimstonefire.

10-14-2007 04:08 PM
Hammerhand
Bull Centaur

Market Rep: 1
Slaves: 14

RE: Chaos Dwarf Combat EngineersHammerhand 10-14-2007

hammerhand Wrote:
Why Combat Engineers? you're not a member of the ubiquitous corps are you?

Grimstonefire Wrote:
@Hammerhand
Over the Nemesis campaign I really caught onto the idea, as it has great potential.The added bonus being that I have Chaos Dwarfs with a theme, not just models themed to be Chaos Dwarfs.So with any luck they might still fit into whatever GW can through at us theme wise as I will just modify them to my existing theme.

Lol, it's just I'm a Combat Engineer, I thought I may have found a comrade in arms!

It's been a long time baby, but I guess the mark of Hashut just burns too deep.......

This post was last modified: 10-14-2007 05:52 PM by Hammerhand.

10-14-2007 05:49 PM
cornixt
Brewer of Daemonic Beer

Slaves: 1334
Gold Army Medal - 4000 PTS Wiki - Major Contributor Word of Hashut - Contributor Artisan's Contest - Gold Best Attitude - 2011 Artisan's Contest - Silver x2 Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Bronze                               
RE: Chaos Dwarf Combat Engineerscornixt 10-14-2007

The additions to the Hellcannon look really good

10-14-2007 07:11 PM
Kera foehunter
Zharr Nauggund Alpha Female

Market Rep: 14
Slaves: 153
Best Attitude - 2007 Best Attitude - 2008 Word of Hashut - Contributor Best Attitude - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Image Gallery Contributor - Bronze                               
RE: Chaos Dwarf Combat EngineersKera foehunter 10-14-2007

great job grims .  You always have great ideas and conversions

The last of female chaos dwarf
10-14-2007 07:46 PM
Ishkur Cinderhat
The Arch Immortal

Market Rep: 4
Slaves: 87
Army Showcase Best Hobbyist - 2007 Golden Hat  - Gold x2 Golden Hat - Bronze x2 Word of Hashut - Contributor Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Veteran Medal - Bronze Artisan's Contest - Gold x2 Golden Hat - Silver                               
RE: Chaos Dwarf Combat EngineersIshkur Cinderhat 10-15-2007

Awesome work - the mask sculpting and the paint jobs are very nice!

I could never work on so many thing at the same time. If I start painting one unit, I have to finish it. Otherwise I'd be surrounded by half-painted things - a nightmare!!

10-15-2007 06:48 AM
Willmark
Dark Lord of Hashut

Market Rep: 25
Slaves: 1224
Artisan's Contest - Gold Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Best Overall Member - 2007 Word of Hashut - Contributor Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2008 Best Overall Member - 2012 Veteran Medal - Bronze Diamond Army Medal - 8000 PTS                               
RE: Chaos Dwarf Combat EngineersWillmark 10-15-2007

Ishkur Cinderhat Wrote:
Awesome work - the mask sculpting and the paint jobs are very nice!

I could never work on so many thing at the same time. If I start painting one unit, I have to finish it. Otherwise I'd be surrounded by half-painted things - a nightmare!!

Hey! When did you get a look at my painting desk? I don't remember seeing you there!

My Want List / My Trade List
10-15-2007 12:52 PM
AGPO
BOAR CENTAUR!

Slaves: 1271

RE: Chaos Dwarf Combat EngineersAGPO 10-16-2007

I like the combat engineers theme, gives an excuse to be in the old world - they came over during the Storm of Chaos/Nemesis campaign and got left/stayed behind

Check out my blogs!:
Chaos Dwarfs (6/6/09)Other shiny things (13/11/11)

I follow the Grumpy But Responsible Gamers' Charter. Join us!

Sojourn Wrote:
FYI Wilmark, the only alcohol I'm drinking is from that bucket

10-16-2007 08:12 AM
Xander
Chaos Dwarf Ambassador

Market Rep: 7
Slaves: 499
Chaos Dwarf Radio - Contributor Best Contributor - 2007 Golden Hat - Silver Wiki - Major Contributor Image Gallery Contributor - Gold Word of Hashut - Contributor Silver Army Medal - 2000 PTS Veteran Medal - Bronze                               
RE: Chaos Dwarf Combat EngineersXander 10-16-2007

Very nice!  Loving this so far.  Maybe a new title for the thread would be prudent. Happy

Follow CDO on Twitter: Twitter
10-16-2007 02:48 PM
Death aka Joe
Unregistered

RE: Chaos Dwarf Combat EngineersDeath aka Joe 10-16-2007

Wow grim looking awesome!  Love the hero, and the concept sketch for the warmachines!

10-16-2007 03:03 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Baalin
Unregistered

RE: Chaos Dwarf Combat EngineersBaalin 10-17-2007

Grim, those are incredible, my favorite is the Brotherhood of Hashut they are certainly terrific as are all the others, keep the faith
B

10-17-2007 04:29 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Khan!
Bull Centaur

Slaves: 35
Bronze Army Medal - 1000 PTS                               
RE: Chaos Dwarf Combat EngineersKhan! 10-17-2007

Those Brotherhood of Hashut blow me away.  Seriously.  Dang.  Were they sculpted completely from scratch or did you base them on any gw models?

Me and Avalokitesvara - we're pals, see?
10-17-2007 06:40 PM
AGPO
BOAR CENTAUR!

Slaves: 1271

RE: Chaos Dwarf Combat EngineersAGPO 10-19-2007

WE ARE SPARTANS!! ...well vertically challenged Spartans, but spartans non the less... stop staring or I'll poleaxe you!

Check out my blogs!:
Chaos Dwarfs (6/6/09)Other shiny things (13/11/11)

I follow the Grumpy But Responsible Gamers' Charter. Join us!

Sojourn Wrote:
FYI Wilmark, the only alcohol I'm drinking is from that bucket

This post was last modified: 10-20-2007 08:41 AM by AGPO.

10-19-2007 09:09 AM
Pages (6): « First [1] 2 3 4 5 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites